Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

42nite

Bristol Rovers Dustbin Thread

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, pride of the west said:

6 years ago today they told us they had their new stadium. We're still laughing now

Yes, one of the few songs they actually sung that night. From what I could see across the netting in the East End, most of them looked like they’d never experienced a Bristol Derby before and appeared to be shell shocked.

Then again when you’re used to Basement league grounds, strutting around like you own the place and shouting abuse at adjacent family stands, Ashton Gate must have been an eye opener.

”See u next year SHITHEADS” they were posting on Facebook afterwards...

Hahahahaha **** off!

  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Six years ago today.......

 

 

Doesn’t time fly . Remember being all tangled up in the eastend when JET let fly . Hope we never play the squatters again. But what a feeling scoring against them 

  • Like 1
  • Robin 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Doesn’t time fly . Remember being all tangled up in the eastend when JET let fly . Hope we never play the squatters again. But what a feeling scoring against them 

Wouldn't mind playing them at Ashton Gate in the cup. Just to laugh at their comments after the match informing us how shit our stadium is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CotswoldRed said:

Wouldn't mind playing them at Ashton Gate in the cup. Just to laugh at their comments after the match informing us how shit our stadium is. 

I honestly think the most likely chance of us playing them would be our U23s against them in the JPT (or whatever guise it is under now)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Wouldn't mind playing them at Ashton Gate in the cup. Just to laugh at their comments after the match informing us how shit our stadium is. 

I think other than a spell in the 50's this is the longest period we have not played them!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Imagine them in the away end looking at Ashton gate 3-0 down . They would be like that extinction rebellion group. Chucking themselves on the floor. If I remember the last time we played them they sat down in the road on the way to the game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

I think other than a spell in the 50's this is the longest period we have not played them!

I do miss the derbies although obviously I’ve no desire to see them become a regular fixture on the calendar again as that would either mean we had sunk back to their level or that’s Wael had finally found his reputed wealth down the back of the settee, but an FA Cup meeting would be nice.

That would spoil their delightful habit of being humbled at home by nonleague teams though so if the Bristol Derby continues to lay dormant than it’s fine!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t know we have to faff around issuing “mates rates” voucher codes for the Wigan game. 

Rovers season ticket holders get to take a couple of mates along to every game, free of charge*

 

 

 

 

*subject to passing your season ticket through the gates to your mates outside. 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

I think other than a spell in the 50's this is the longest period we have not played them!

January 68 - December 74 appears to be the longest gap without a match between us in any competition.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

I don’t miss the derbies one little bit - and I’ve seen plenty. I sincerely hope that we don’t have to experience one for another 20+ years.

I want the fewers never to have the opportunity to experience  our fabulous ground, other than at a summer concert. I don’t want them to have a chance to desecrate it. 

F’ck em. 

don't want those pricks anywhere near are ground not even for a pop concert 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

I don’t miss the derbies one little bit - and I’ve seen plenty. I sincerely hope that we don’t have to experience one for another 20+ years.

I want the fewers never to have the opportunity to experience  our fabulous ground, other than at a summer concert. I don’t want them to have a chance to desecrate it. 

F’ck em. 

Totally agree with this.

No-win fixture for us, even if we were in the same division they’d play on the fact that we’ve got Lansdown and their owner isn’t actually loaded like they told us he was.

Its a proper cup final for them.

As you say “F’ck em”

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Totally agree with this.

No-win fixture for us, even if we were in the same division they’d play on the fact that we’ve got Lansdown and their owner isn’t actually loaded like they told us he was.

Its a proper cup final for them.

As you say “F’ck em”

 

Hammer them - "well we are sh1t and know we are, and expected to get well beat"

Scrape past - "we are not that far behind and coming for you"

Lose - "all the millions you have spent and we have a better team that cost peanuts, we will be above you in a couple of seasons"

It would just be their cup final, and look what we did against Man U and Man City. We would just be in a lose lose situation, and you know they would more than likely cause some sort of damage down there. As much as I would really love to hammer them, I couldn't care less if we never play them again.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great night/ just got into the ground and jet hit that beauty!

did run on the pitch at the end - I should grow up🤡

went back to the lions and got back to briz at 3

The 2-1 in the cup at Eastville was the best in my lifetime.However it was a great night despite the insignificance of the competition.

The 4-2 at Trumpton was a nice day as well

ftg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, BS15_RED said:

The noise when JET scored, as loud as anything I’ve heard at The Gate.

Bryan goal was louder. Also it will never beat the Christian Roberts goal against Hartlepool. The goal that made the Dolman move!!

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Bryan goal was louder. Also it will never beat the Christian Roberts goal against Hartlepool. The goal that made the Dolman move!!

I was at the Hartlepool game too, but I still think the noise for the JET goal was louder. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, richwwtk said:

January 68 - December 74 appears to be the longest gap without a match between us in any competition.

Close, but you could go for November 1901 in the FA Cup and September 1922 (the first league meeting) !

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Bryan goal was louder. Also it will never beat the Christian Roberts goal against Hartlepool. The goal that made the Dolman move!!

Graham Poll said that in his opinion as someone who had officiated at both venues, Ashton Gate was louder than the Nou Camp that night.

Just mentioning it for all the passing slags who claim we play in a library.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Graham Poll said that in his opinion as someone who had officiated at both venues, Ashton Gate was louder than the Nou Camp that night.

Just mentioning it for all the passing slags who claim we play in a library.

Mr Poll also confirmed he preferred us to rovers

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BS15_RED said:

I was at the Hartlepool game too, but I still think the noise for the JET goal was louder. 

I'll go for Trundle's goal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Yes, one of the few songs they actually sung that night. From what I could see across the netting in the East End, most of them looked like they’d never experienced a Bristol Derby before and appeared to be shell shocked.

Then again when you’re used to Basement league grounds, strutting around like you own the place and shouting abuse at adjacent family stands, Ashton Gate must have been an eye opener.

”See u next year SHITHEADS” they were posting on Facebook afterwards...

Hahahahaha **** off!

I took a (proper, from Salford) Man Yoo fan and a Swansea fan to that game - in the pub after they both said the atmosphere was unreal, more intense than the Manc and South Wales derbies, I found that very hard to believe, but they insisted ... still not sure, but interesting feedback on the hatred in our fair city!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Bryan goal was louder. Also it will never beat the Christian Roberts goal against Hartlepool. The goal that made the Dolman move!!

Donowa's goal for me....pandemonium

  • Like 12
  • Robin 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Buster Footman's T shirt said:

Donowa's goal for me....pandemonium

Without a doubt!!  My most beloved moment watching The City!!!!   Chaos in the Open End!!!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Buster Footman's T shirt said:

Donowa's goal for me....pandemonium

That game had everything. Skeletor missing that penalty. Then Donowa’s late strike . Wow . Forget so many games and moments with city over the years. But not that 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Yes, one of the few songs they actually sung that night. From what I could see across the netting in the East End, most of them looked like they’d never experienced a Bristol Derby before and appeared to be shell shocked.

Then again when you’re used to Basement league grounds, strutting around like you own the place and shouting abuse at adjacent family stands, Ashton Gate must have been an eye opener.

”See u next year SHITHEADS” they were posting on Facebook afterwards...

Hahahahaha **** off!

Also posting after the game how they were attacked by they vile s’heads at FT (totally unprovoked of course) this despite after the game had started a fair few of them storming into the ground and giving it the big un etc then at FT they started breaking the EE seats and throwing it at those on the pitch.

 

Always the victims.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

That game had everything. Skeletor missing that penalty. Then Donowa’s late strike . Wow . Forget so many games and moments with city over the years. But not that 

Wasn't that the game Ian Alexander lost the captaincy of the Fewers?

(I only remember it, as someone had made a banner about him being at home watching Corrie)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

That game had everything. Skeletor missing that penalty. Then Donowa’s late strike . Wow . Forget so many games and moments with city over the years. But not that 

That was deliverance - we had almost forgotten how it felt to beat the Gash at that point and it all looked bleak again until the Skellington had his spotkick saved.

Then LD stoops to conquer and three quarters of the ground do their collective nut.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can't even compare the JPT game to the League game with the Donawa winner. That was one epic night the open end was magic!

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some other favourite derby memories:

1984: 3-0 win at the Gate, first time we had met them in the league in a fair while

1993: The night when we effectively relegated them. Great atmosphere that evening

1997: Beating them three times at their new hovel in a calendar year

1998: 2-0 win at the Gate (partly thanks to a bit of a dodgy penalty award) that went a long way to securing our automatic promotion

2000: 3-2 Beadle-inspired victory the Friday before Xmas. Gash took the lead after about 50 seconds but weren’t in the game after that.

Edited by WessexPest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, WessexPest said:

Some other favourite derby memories:

1984: 3-0 win at the Gate, first time we had met them in the league in a fair while

1993: The night when we effectively relegated them. Great atmosphere that evening

1997: Beating them three times at their new hovel in a calendar year

1998: 2-0 win at the Gate (partly thanks to a bit of a dodgy penalty award) that went a long way to securing our automatic promotion

2000: 3-2 Beadle-inspired victory the Friday before Xmas. Gash took the lead after about 50 seconds but weren’t in the game after that.

That must have been Beadle’s best ever game , ever .

 The guy was immense ( and immense ! )

All the Gas giving him a hard time and him shoving it all down their throats.

Bless you PB .

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

What are the chances of a limited overs cricket game being played on a Saturday evening (during an Ashes Series) in Bristol getting a higher gate than the Fewers this weekend?

It's a QF and takes place after the Ashes has finished for the day, so I'd be shocked if the attendance wasn't higher than the 15ers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

What are the chances of a limited overs cricket game being played on a Saturday evening (during an Ashes Series) in Bristol getting a higher gate than the Fewers this weekend?

If it’s a limited overs Boob Cricket Quarter Final the Mem will be empty.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

That must have been Beadle’s best ever game , ever .

 The guy was immense ( and immense ! )

All the Gas giving him a hard time and him shoving it all down their throats.

Bless you PB .

 

Chanting “Beadle! Beadle!” at the Scum was the most cathartic thing ever in light of previous AG derbies. He almost capped it off with a superb fourth goal - juggled the ball on the edge of the area and flashed a shot just wide.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/09/2019 at 18:00, FForbes said:

Close, but you could go for November 1901 in the FA Cup and September 1922 (the first league meeting) !

We’ve not played them since they managed to get out of non-league football.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎04‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 13:10, BobBobSuperBob said:

Six years ago today.......

 

 

as this is the br dustbin thread have we got any clips of any ex rovers players making a nice little pass to someone like maybe  korey smith.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, WessexPest said:

Some other favourite derby memories:

1984: 3-0 win at the Gate, first time we had met them in the league in a fair while

1993: The night when we effectively relegated them. Great atmosphere that evening

1997: Beating them three times at their new hovel in a calendar year

1998: 2-0 win at the Gate (partly thanks to a bit of a dodgy penalty award) that went a long way to securing our automatic promotion

2000: 3-2 Beadle-inspired victory the Friday before Xmas. Gash took the lead after about 50 seconds but weren’t in the game after that.

I remember an evening back in the early 70s when we played the Gloucestershire Senior Professional Cup Final at Eastville, in the  days when it was a big deal and both teams put out a first team. Our forward line scored the first four leaving Skirton, no 7, the odd one out and they fed him until he got the fifth...happy days and not much has changed. 

Edited by Fatknacker
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Fatknacker said:

I remember an evening back in the early 70s when we played the Gloucestershire Senior Professional Cup Final at Eastville, in the  days when it was a big deal and both teams put out a first team. Our forward line scored the first four leaving Skirton, no 7, the odd one out and they fed him until he got the fifth...happy days and not much has changed. 

Galley, Garland, Kellard, Sharpe and Skirton!...I was there too.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/05/2015 at 12:00, Fordy62 said:

I'd be celebrating if I were them. There were two places to go up and they got one of them. Fair enough.

 

What I wouldn't be doing is having an open top bus parade. I really really hope they do though. That'd be embarrassing. Very embarrassing.

Never mind that Fordy. Why didn’t you warn future Fordy to just stick with one child. You know he’ll go and do something stupid like have three!

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...