Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

42nite

Bristol Rovers Dustbin Thread

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, reddoh said:

Its quiet sad that quite a few years ago I was reading a book about a french town Oradour-sur-Glane and realised that it was close to where we were staying so we went to visit the town.

It is exactly as it was left by the SS (minus bodies) we decided not to take any photos as it was to upsetting to see. The woman who escaped from the church and survived lives(lived) in the new town the french built next to it.

Also did the concentration camp North of Berlin and decided I had seen enough sad sights (again no photos).

just typing this brought the memories back.

Lets hope the world has learnt its lesson  

 

I fear it never will, given the shameless nationalism (the bad side) racism and growing penchant for voting in nut jobs. If Trump was around in 1930s Germany, I know which political party he'd have been a member of..... 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Liverpool ??

Plenty of people in Bristol. Loads of fairweather City 'fans' I'm aware of are likely to miss evening games on champions league night. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

“We’re Roverzzz supporters, we’re loyal and true, and we will follow the boys in blue, and white ...” 

(Unless there’s footy on the telly, it’s raining, clashing with Great British Bake Off, Cricket on Sky, Cricket at Gloucestershire, cycle race within 30 miles, half price White Lightning at Eastville Tesco, Karaoke at Patchway Social Club,  Tote End reunion at Eastville IKEA, queuing to worship at the altar of Dean Windass, paying to watch Irene on Babestation, filming themselves listing all the reasons why it’s ‘unlucky da shit’, registering on every other clubs’ forums to crave attention and affirmation that everyone loves the gas better than ‘da shit’, phoning Talksport to tell the nation that the gas take ‘massive numbers away’ - etc etc etc🍷)

Yeah, I think that just about covers it....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

The Fewers are claiming gates are down 3,500 - can't be that many surely, as that would imply they have been averaging close to 9,500.

Is #GasMath the new #gaslogic?

Their average last season was 8,320.

They tend to exaggerate everything.

(they averaged 9,302 in 2017 - their highest in 40 years) :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 17/09/2019 at 09:11, phantom said:

Being vilified justifiably from supporters of all clubs now....20190917_091153.jpg

Look who’s trying to defend it - the absolute whopper Mr Thank you for Matty Taylor.  Someone confiscate his hard drive ffs 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

The Fewers are claiming gates are down 3,500 - can't be that many surely, as that would imply they have been averaging close to 9,500.

Is #GasMath the new #gaslogic?

10,000 - 3,500 = 9,000.  Plus you have to carry over the 40,000 locked outside which gives you a total of 60,000 loyal, prowed and true fans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Their average last season was 8,320.

They tend to exaggerate everything.

(they averaged 9,302 in 2017 - their highest in 40 years) :D

Which, applying Gaslogic, means “if they were in our position” (an old favourite of theirs) they would piss all over us and would be expecting 35k plus including car park “lockouts” for the visit of Swansea on Saturday........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Which, applying Gaslogic, means “if they were in our position” (an old favourite of theirs) they would piss all over us and would be expecting 35k plus including car park “lockouts” for the visit of Swansea on Saturday........

And they miss the point that part of the reason they are not in our position is that their piss poor support means they are losing money hand over fist.

Edited by Port Said Red

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This one appears to be playing a game of ‘Shit Excuse Bingo’.

Not quite a full house, keep going Saghead...don’t forget bike rides and the Ashes 🤣

“nothing season”....yeah, 2 or 3 points off the Play Offs with 8 months to go and their best start to a season in ages. You might as well just give up now Gasheads....

F43A2A67-BC44-4A8F-AE38-41D46EF04F81.jpeg

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Presumably some of them are making the move south? 

Anyone know any Gasheads who have made the permanent switch in the last 18 months? 

I certainly don't, but I know plenty of Gasheads who never go to a game. Many more that don't than do in fact. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Presumably some of them are making the move south? 

Anyone know any Gasheads who have made the permanent switch in the last 18 months? 

I certainly don't, but I know plenty of Gasheads who never go to a game. Many more that don't than do in fact. 

I know of a couple who go and watch the rugby, but I don't know if that is instead of, or as well as watching the Fewers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/15062/bristol-rovers-open-contract-talks

Keep your eyes peeled for the 'release clause!'

No way is he signing a new deal at that shithole.

If he keeps up his current scoring rate then he'll be gone in January. Didn't realise how impressive it was actually: 16 goals in 21 (3) appearances 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/15062/bristol-rovers-open-contract-talks

Keep your eyes peeled for the 'release clause!'

Will be "worth £2m" in the summer? I'd be surprised. I'd bet a decent chunk he won't be sold for anything like that. 

A £300k-1m offer will prise him away easily from a club in dire financial straits. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

2 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Will be "worth £2m" in the summer? I'd be surprised. I'd bet a decent chunk he won't be sold for anything like that. 

A £300k-1m offer will prise him away easily from a club in dire financial straits. 

Can see the faces of the Gasheads now when we offer Matty Taylor for Clarke-Harris on transfer deadline day!

  • Flames 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had about 4 friends when I was in secondary school that swapped from the Gas to City. That was nearly 10 years ago now & we are in a much stronger position now. Many more young uns will be swapping these days I imagine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

Their first 5 home league games have seen a total attendance of 35,231......an average of 7046

Our first 3 home league games have seen a total attendance of 65,964......an average of 21,988

We’ve played 2 games less at home and yet we have already seen 30,733 more fans through the gates.

Once we’ve also played 5 home games, our total attendance will be around 110,000.....compared to their 35,231.....some 75,000 more.

 

THE GAP IS MASSIVE !

 

75,000x£20 (as a very rough average of the value of a ST seat, away ticket and potd price) is £1.5m. Project that over 23 home games and we're pulling in at least £7m more than them in ticket sales. I may have got those figures wrong but it seems a fair estimate. Sure our overheads will be higher - tents are cheap to maintain, and we buy in proper Fanta - but it's a stark reminder of the financial gap.

Suspect we'll get over 20k for most home games. Reading at home in October is midweek so we might dip down below that on that night. But bar a spectacular drop down the league table we should still average 21k over the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CotswoldRed said:

Will be "worth £2m" in the summer? I'd be surprised. I'd bet a decent chunk he won't be sold for anything like that. 

A £300k-1m offer will prise him away easily from a club in dire financial straits. 

**** me .....each post goes up by a million !                deluded ***** !

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

**** me .....each post goes up by a million !                deluded ***** !

just like their attendances 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

**** me .....each post goes up by a million !                deluded ***** !

It goes from the 450,000 that Hull allegedly offered to 4 million in half a page.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, GreedyHarry said:

It goes from the 450,000 that Hull allegedly offered to 4 million in half a page.

Can get some decent tents for £4million.....

They are a thick bunch, how can a club in their situation turn down £4 million in the first place! IF a club even offered £500,000 + they would snap their hands off!!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, slartibartfast said:

**** me .....each post goes up by a million !                deluded ***** !

up to 7 million now if they sell him to us .

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just had a look at that player contract negotiations thread they have running, usual hilarity.

They don't want Wally involved, and they think it's too early to offer terms, but none of them have looked at it from the point of view that he might already have a low release clause in his contract, which given he was a free signing from Cov reserves wouldn't be unlikely.

So maybe they want to offer him a better deal now, so they can remove/increase that figure and get a better price for him if people start sniffing in Jan.

But they are too stupid to consider that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Just had a look at that player contract negotiations thread they have running, usual hilarity.

They don't want Wally involved, and they think it's too early to offer terms, but none of them have looked at it from the point of view that he might already have a low release clause in his contract, which given he was a free signing from Cov reserves wouldn't be unlikely.

So maybe they want to offer him a better deal now, so they can remove/increase that figure and get a better price for him if people start sniffing in Jan.

But they are too stupid to consider that.

He'll do whatever is right for him, not Rovers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reading that thread I’m surprised that none of them have considered the fact that he has a release clause in his contract already which is weird because my gashead workmate seems to think he’s got a 250k one already which is why they want to get him signed up to a new one 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Unan said:

I had about 4 friends when I was in secondary school that swapped from the Gas to City. That was nearly 10 years ago now & we are in a much stronger position now. Many more young uns will be swapping these days I imagine.

At the police HQ open day on Sunday at Portishead I saw kid after kid wearing City Shirt.  I saw nobody wearing a Rovers one. Then again the open day did include horses and dogs so they were probably bared from attending

  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/15062/bristol-rovers-open-contract-talks

Keep your eyes peeled for the 'release clause!'

 

5 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

Will be "worth £2m" in the summer? I'd be surprised. I'd bet a decent chunk he won't be sold for anything like that. 

A £300k-1m offer will prise him away easily from a club in dire financial straits. 

It's all they have ever done in my lifetime. Sell the one asset they have to keep going for a season or two and in the meantime hope they find another.

If he keeps scoring like he is i think they will scrape 7 figures for him in Jan, that keeps them alfoat for the time being. It's what they do.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Gazred said:

 

It's all they have ever done in my lifetime. Sell the one asset they have to keep going for a season or two and in the meantime hope they find another.

If he keeps scoring like he is i think they will scrape 7 figures for him in Jan, that keeps them alfoat for the time being. It's what they do.

 

All assuming he hasn't already got a pathetically low release clause built in to his current contract. 

Their far too savvy to make that mistake again, aren't they... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

75,000x£20 (as a very rough average of the value of a ST seat, away ticket and potd price) is £1.5m. Project that over 23 home games and we're pulling in at least £7m more than them in ticket sales. I may have got those figures wrong but it seems a fair estimate. Sure our overheads will be higher - tents are cheap to maintain, and we buy in proper Fanta - but it's a stark reminder of the financial gap.

Suspect we'll get over 20k for most home games. Reading at home in October is midweek so we might dip down below that on that night. But bar a spectacular drop down the league table we should still average 21k over the season.

Reading at home is a Saturday I think? October 5 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ohbasso said:

Reading that thread I’m surprised that none of them have considered the fact that he has a release clause in his contract already which is weird because my gashead workmate seems to think he’s got a 250k one already which is why they want to get him signed up to a new one 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

Ahh, but if it was a 250k release clause, the 450k bid that was never made by Hull* would have been accepted.

*so the latest in the knower suggests.

They really are a desperate bunch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a read of their match day thread where they were discussing the 'missing' 3000. It would appear they are all at home saving money because of Brexit. Funny how our crowds are still fine isn't it?

All Brexits fault, nothing to do with the shit ground, no money and dire football obviously as they are 'faithful and true' unless we are leaving the European Union. Supporters of other clubs are blatantly too thick to understand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/09/2019 at 19:11, TomF said:

At the police HQ open day on Sunday at Portishead I saw kid after kid wearing City Shirt.  I saw nobody wearing a Rovers one. Then again the open day did include horses and dogs so they were probably bared from attending

Football shirts spotted at school open day in Weston today - City 3, Liverpool 1, Barcelona 1.

We are quietly building a very strong support base amongst kids in the area.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

I had a read of their match day thread where they were discussing the 'missing' 3000. It would appear they are all at home saving money because of Brexit. Funny how our crowds are still fine isn't it?

All Brexits fault, nothing to do with the shit ground, no money and dire football obviously as they are 'faithful and true' unless we are leaving the European Union. Supporters of other clubs are blatantly too thick to understand.

Maybe their club could issue another Brexit statement to reassure their stay away supporters.🤣

...or maybe it's just their fans aren't as great as they continually claim to be.

  • Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, richwwtk said:

Football shirts spotted at school open day in Weston today - City 3, Liverpool 1, Barcelona 1.

We are quietly building a very strong support base amongst kids in the area.

And TBF, the kid in the Barca kit may be a City fan too.  

I let people off wearing foreign league kits. (Says the man who sometimes wears a third colours shirt from Brazilian club CR Flamengo) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually know a rovers “fan” who has swapped to City, which if I am honest I respect him less for then when he was a gashead.

He asked to come to a game with me and my group and I told him that isn’t ever happening, back in the late 90’s when there was a real rivalry he would give me all sorts of abuse as a prowed gashead,  it makes me sad to think people change their club based on a new stadium etc. and he will always be that guy to me!

of course, new generations of fans is different in my opinion, but once you have chosen you have chosen - OTIB!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, richwwtk said:

City 3, Liverpool 1, Barcelona 1.

Coincidentally that’s the score of the 2032 Champions League final, the first 3 way final following UEFA’s “excitement” reforms.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...