Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

42nite

Bristol Rovers Dustbin Thread

5 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

The morons even think that they should be compensated in some way as they are now a fixture less and out of pocket on their season tickets 😂

If they were to get a twenty quid refund that would only be £2.50 for each of the eight s*gs that share the season ticket so it`s hardly worth the bother really.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

If they were to get a twenty quid refund that would only be £2.50 for each of the eight s*gs that share the season ticket so it`s hardly worth the bother really.

That said, with the majority of them paying more for their season ticket at the dump than what I do for mine at AG they’ll get a decent amount of ££’s back if they were to be refunded.

Big game at the dump today Pompey in town, sold out away following I presume, Gasheads been blaming poor away support for their low crowds so today should be a good gauge, surely 8.5k Gas can make the effort today and with away fans that should push the crowd towards 10k......it is raining tho 🤔🤔🤔

With Rovers top scorer out Johnson Clarke - Harris (what a mouth full ) and the loss at Bolton 2-0 I see the Rovers drawing a boring 0-0 today. Both are sitting mid way in the table and respectively Rovers on 21 points and Portsmouth on 16, I see this as a bit of an incorrect position similar to Stoke as I expect Portsmouth to be in with a shout near the end of the season.

47 minutes ago, weepywall said:

Big game at the dump today Pompey in town, sold out away following I presume, Gasheads been blaming poor away support for their low crowds so today should be a good gauge, surely 8.5k Gas can make the effort today and with away fans that should push the crowd towards 10k......it is raining tho 🤔🤔🤔

They would turn up but there’s a Killers tribute act on at the Fleece.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, weepywall said:

The rugby`s on - OK it finishes about four hours before they kick off at the swamp but still...………………………...

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

The rugby`s on - OK it finishes about four hours before they kick off at the swamp but still...………………………...

I doubt the do Rugby anymore, since Bristol became gurt ‘Teds. 

• Haha 1

Fewers are playing Portsmouth today. As per, Portsmouth have sold out their allocation and it isn't unusual for ticket less fans to travel.

You would imagine therefore that the game would be all ticket.

Apparently it isn't. Expect scenes.

4 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Fewers are playing Portsmouth today. As per, Portsmouth have sold out their allocation and it isn't unusual for ticket less fans to travel.

pompey play up...…..

8 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Nice weather to queue outside to use a portaloo. Only wish that we had such facilities at AG - I miss the 1970’s. ;)

The 70s? They can only dream of a ground that modern.

Still, when they build the new Gas-stad on the fruit market I`m sure things will be a lot better...……………………………………….

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Really? How dumb (or desperate for a few extra quid) can they be? If we were playing Pompey it would definitely be all ticket.

Still, when it kicks off I expect it will be Teds who bought tickets on the day wot dun it.

The Mem will be like a paddy field (Cockman will like that) with all this rain irrespective of how many fewers breath hot air all over it.

Would not be surprised to see the game cancelled due to a waterlogged pitch or some of the tents blowing down.

If it does go ahead, it will be a mud fest. Play up Pompey.

Edited by wendyredredrobin

3 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

The Mem will be like a paddy field with all this rain irrespective of how many fewers breath hot air all over it.

Would not be surprised to see the game cancelled due to a waterlogged pitch or some of the tents blowing down.

If it does go ahead, it will be a mud fest. Play up Pompey.

I was under the impression that they had sorted out the drainage and pitch problems now.

5 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I was under the impression that they had sorted out the drainage and pitch problems now.

Coughlan's been out early to sort out "de drainage in de lower field":

image.jpeg.3ce850d459a140a738d6d96a5357c6f1.jpeg

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Coughlan's been out early to sort out "de drainage in de lower field":

image.jpeg.3ce850d459a140a738d6d96a5357c6f1.jpeg

So he’s really a Ted!!!?!! Agent Coughlan. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

57 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

The 70s? They can only dream of a ground that modern.

Still, when they build the new Gas-stad on the fruit market I`m sure things will be a lot better...……………………………………….

the cabbage patch must nearly resemble a stadium by now, Wally said two years so the basic structure should be there by now

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

A sold out away end surely means they should get a paltry 9k today?

They might get more that that, seeing as they might actually have if today’s opposition. 

5 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Not that bleeding handbell, I hope?

Generic chanting it would appear. Seems to have gone quiet now, can only assume that the excitement of going to 'the Mem' and catching up with fans from the worlds favourite second team is too much.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Generic chanting it would appear. Seems to have gone quiet now, can only assume that the excitement of going to 'the Mem' and catching up with fans from the worlds favourite second team is too much.

They will be busy telling the Rovers supporters how much they prefer them over us and telling them how much they like their real ground.  They won't have time for chanting now.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rossi the Robin said:

Bristol City 1-0 down according to the Radio 5 summariser 

I’m sorry but that is sackable as far as I’m concerned. No journalist should get either club wrong if they are professional, end of story.

9 minutes ago, bristolmoose said:

Ref misread the memo?

If the Fewers go down to ten that will explain it.

• Like 1

Pompey have the worst away record in L1..?! Surprising. 

Mind you, Bolton probably had the worst away record before Tuesday..! 

casey12a
Reserve Team

casey12a Avatar

Member is Online

Posting Level

Next Level in 179 posts
a few seconds ago via mobile  
Post Options

Post by casey12a on a few seconds ago

Could be 3 nil down quite easily.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Seneca the Younger said:
casey12a
Reserve Team

casey12a Avatar

Member is Online

Posting Level

Next Level in 179 posts
a few seconds ago via mobile  
Post Options

Post by casey12a on a few seconds ago

Could be 3 nil down quite easily.

But I thought they are coming for us, that surely can’t include losing to the two sides with the worst away records in the league in consecutive home games?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

But I thought they are coming for us, that surely can’t include losing to the two sides with the worst away records in the league in consecutive home games?

You are a fool, if you doubt that they are coming for us. 
Everything indicates that their predictions are accurate and on course to happen, as they reach the premier league, last season...! 

• Haha 1

I’ve had to listen to an excruciating two minutes of them as the first half finished in the rugby. 

Apparently they’ve had absolutely nothing up front and don’t look like scoring, against a side with 1 away win all season....

6 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

I’ve had to listen to an excruciating two minutes of them as the first half finished in the rugby. 

Apparently they’ve had absolutely nothing up front and don’t look like scoring, against a side with 1 away win all season....

Sounds like they need to bring on the very prolific Tom Nichols :help:

3 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Sounds like they need to bring on the very prolific Tom Nichols :help:

You mean their 3rd most expensive ever signing doesn’t even get in their team any more?

3 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

You mean their 3rd most expensive ever signing doesn’t even get in their team any more?

Apparently Coughlan sent him to a ‘den of iniquity’ in Old Market Street in an attempt to help him recover his striking form but sadly he couldn’t score ...