Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

42nite

Bristol Rovers Dustbin Thread

Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, GlastonburyRed said:

Is this from the revamp of AG or the proposed move to Ashton Vale?

I believe originally Ashton vale but the AG plans were in progress around the same time as the plan b......take note Bristol rovers!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BS2 Red said:

Every time I watch Hot Fuzz. It almost ruins the movie until I remember it’s a comedy and the character wearing the shirt is a bumbling idiot.

It wouldn’t be so funny if he was wearing a City shirt.

Funniest bit is when he demolishes the fence.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, City Rocker said:

There was a sizable number of us City boys at Patchway High School in the late 70s/early 80s. A large and maniacal contingent went to Wembley for the 86 and 87 Freight Rover finals, as well as to various eventful trips throughout the 80s.

I haven't really been back there for about 30 years though, so no idea what's going on there now. You'd imagine there's probably even more City now though, wouldn't you? 

I remember a few of us going in a pub in Patchway in the late'70s as we had some sort of function in a hall across the road, full of Rovers memorabilia in the pub, unsurprisingly the function ended up in a mass brawl, we were only about 16/17, no idea what the name of the pub was, don't think I've ever had reason to go to Patchway since

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, RedRaw said:

As a boy from the wood myself and now resident in north Bristol, I concur.

This subject raises its head every100 pages or so and I’ll never tire of dragging this info graph out.....

from the planning documents for the revamp of AG showing city season ticket holders around the Bristol area (also consider we have probably doubled the number of season ticket holders since then).

There is no north/south divide.....the city is red

 

872CEFEF-B2DD-415C-A77E-9A697A9101C7.jpeg

I have never seen that before....I think I can see me on there 😊😊😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, RedRaw said:

As a boy from the wood myself and now resident in north Bristol, I concur.

This subject raises its head every100 pages or so and I’ll never tire of dragging this info graph out.....

from the planning documents for the revamp of AG showing city season ticket holders around the Bristol area (also consider we have probably doubled the number of season ticket holders since then).

There is no north/south divide.....the city is red

 

872CEFEF-B2DD-415C-A77E-9A697A9101C7.jpeg

For comparison it would be interesting to have one if these for the Blue Few.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Grew up and still live in the wood. I'm late 40s now and when I was growing up I'd say it was about 50/50 city/rovers with the people I knew.I started watching in 77 when we were div. 1 and I think being in the top league attracted a lot of young fans whose families had no alliance to either side. With the improved ground and us playing championship football you can only see the gap in fan numbers growing if things stay the same as its a similar situation for young fans with no family ties to one team or another.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Galway Red said:

I remember a few of us going in a pub in Patchway in the late'70s as we had some sort of function in a hall across the road, full of Rovers memorabilia in the pub, unsurprisingly the function ended up in a mass brawl, we were only about 16/17, no idea what the name of the pub was, don't think I've ever had reason to go to Patchway since

Sounds like the Britannia mate. A grim and thoroughly miserable place to spend an evening. Now thankfully demolished, I believe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They are getting very excited over on Gaschat about our finances, usually they love that we lost money, now that we haven’t it’s because of some lucky sales of players.  

But this was the biggest Gem I saw!

Big fish?  Really?  Worst ground in League 1 by some distance, 11th on average attendances this season behind Peterborough, Doncaster, Lincoln, MK, Rotherham and Blackpool!

The cheek!

 

51D84369-19AF-435A-BF2E-D8CCD42DDD3F.jpeg

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

They are getting very excited over on Gaschat about our finances, usually they love that we lost money, now that we haven’t it’s because of some lucky sales of players.  

But this was the biggest Gem I saw!

Big fish?  Really?  Worst ground in League 1 by some distance, 11th on average attendances this season behind Peterborough, Doncaster, Lincoln, MK, Rotherham and Blackpool!

The cheek!

 

51D84369-19AF-435A-BF2E-D8CCD42DDD3F.jpeg

From Henbury Sag, of course.

One of, if not the biggest Sag bullshitters known.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

From Henbury Sag, of course.

One of, if not the biggest Sag bullshitters known.

A new bellend is surfacing over on arse chat. . .

image.png

image.png

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Them pesky Teds, they must hate it.

  • A club owned by a multi millionaire local businessman who is also a massive fan and a fan of Bristol Sport in general who wants to put Bristol on the map.
  • An owner who has invested heavily in the state of the art stadium and with plans in the pipe line for a training facility and further major developments.
  • A club that has invested in the playing squad that has made significant multimillion pound transfers in and out of the club and made a profit.
  •  A club that supports its coaching staff to aid further development.
  • A club with a growing reputation in the media that is helping to put Bristol on the wider sporting map through football, rugby & basketball.
  • A growing fan base
  • A club that continues to improve its League standing.

 

 

Everything the sags are polar opposite to

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, phantom said:

A new bellend is surfacing over on arse chat. . .

image.png

image.png

The thing is what this numpty doesn’t realise is, the following players will be sold for significant profit to what we paid.

DaSilva

Nagy

Brownhill

Moore

Massengo

Our business model is sell at a profit, and at the minute we’re very good at it 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Swede said:

Them pesky Teds, they must hate it.

  • A club owned by a multi millionaire local businessman who is also a massive fan and a fan of Bristol Sport in general who wants to put Bristol on the map.
  • An owner who has invested heavily in the state of the art stadium and with plans in the pipe line for a training facility and further major developments.
  • A club that has invested in the playing squad that has made significant multimillion pound transfers in and out of the club and made a profit.
  •  A club that supports its coaching staff to aid further development.
  • A club with a growing reputation in the media that is helping to put Bristol on the wider sporting map through football, rugby & basketball.
  • A growing fan base
  • A club that continues to improve its League standing.

 

 

Everything the sags are polar opposite to

 

Yeah. I'm trying to weigh up which I'd rather have running my club, SL or Wael. Hmmm it's a tough one. :facepalm:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Swede said:

Them pesky Teds, they must hate it.

  • A club owned by a multi millionaire local businessman who is also a massive fan and a fan of Bristol Sport in general who wants to put Bristol on the map.
  • An owner who has invested heavily in the state of the art stadium and with plans in the pipe line for a training facility and further major developments.
  • A club that has invested in the playing squad that has made significant multimillion pound transfers in and out of the club and made a profit.
  •  A club that supports its coaching staff to aid further development.
  • A club with a growing reputation in the media that is helping to put Bristol on the wider sporting map through football, rugby & basketball.
  • A growing fan base
  • A club that continues to improve its League standing.

 

 

Everything the sags are polar opposite to

 

But they don't want to be like us, so it's all good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Is 'lady garden' a uniquely north-Bristolian expression? It only ever seems to be used by those counts on Slagchat. 

I think they heard Jeremy Clarkson say it once..... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, daored said:

The thing is what this numpty doesn’t realise is, the following players will be sold for significant profit to what we paid.

DaSilva

Nagy

Brownhill

Moore

Massengo

Our business model is sell at a profit, and at the minute we’re very good at it 

 

They think we just happened to get lucky and have sold players for profit, instead of understanding that the long term plan has always been to develop either homegrown players or young players purchased and to sell them for profit.  This long term plan is deliberate and the infrastructure was put in to accomplish this plan, and it’s now paying dividends.  We are developing as a team, as a club, competing above our weight, and it’s all part of the plan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Banjo Island said:

What a utter weapon that guy is

Pity for him that the fruit market is still just a pipe dream at the moment, sounds like he could really do with his 5-A-Day sooner rather than later tbh.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Is 'lady garden' a uniquely north-Bristolian expression? It only ever seems to be used by those counts on Slagchat. 

Probably automatically changed far too many letters in lady garden 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, phantom said:

A new bellend is surfacing over on arse chat. . .

image.png

image.png

Christ!

He sounds angry doesn’t he? 🤣

Of course the Gas never ‘spunk’ money on ‘lemons’ do they? Unless you count Tom Nicholls who scores one goal nearly every decade and that Payne geezer who grew to hate them after a couple of weeks 🤣

Only a thick Sag could think that SL having his eye on the ‘long game’ and reaping the rewards is bad for him or us.

Whilst that ‘belter’ Johnson has been in charge we’ve improved our final League position 4 years in succession.

Go back to sleep Sagheads.

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

They are getting very excited over on Gaschat about our finances, usually they love that we lost money, now that we haven’t it’s because of some lucky sales of players.  

But this was the biggest Gem I saw!

Big fish?  Really?  Worst ground in League 1 by some distance, 11th on average attendances this season behind Peterborough, Doncaster, Lincoln, MK, Rotherham and Blackpool!

The cheek!

 

51D84369-19AF-435A-BF2E-D8CCD42DDD3F.jpeg

Deluded...

Big fish? 

Little maggots more like.

Proud to be shit with their tiny crowds and tents. No wonder Dolman and Lansdown decided to bring their money to South Bristol. Bet the Al Qadis wish they hadn’t bothered 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Is 'lady garden' a uniquely north-Bristolian expression? It only ever seems to be used by those counts on Slagchat. 

No it certainly isn’t RH,it’s a uniquely Sag expression.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's people like that , that stop me going on their forum. I don't mind the slagging off, you expect it, in fact I have been on other teams forums and enjoyed picking out the good posts from the vitriol. But on there, the utter delusion and hypocrisy is staggering
Big fish? Been a League club for 4 years?
Surrogate son ? What even .....
Best chance of promotion is because they don't have to look down, bet they thought that before they fell out of the League.
Nice he knows Jon Lansdown so well as to form an opinion .
Good strategy too, dump LJ and get the best man for the job, because every team in the League hadn't thought of that FFS.
******* window licker.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Christ!

He sounds angry doesn’t he? 🤣

Of course the Gas never ‘spunk’ money on ‘lemons’ do they? Unless you count Tom Nicholls who scores one goal nearly every decade and that Payne geezer who grew to hate them after a couple of weeks 🤣

Only a thick Sag could think that SL having his eye on the ‘long game’ and reaping the rewards is bad for him or us.

Whilst that ‘belter’ Johnson has been in charge we’ve improved our final League position 4 years in succession.

Go back to sleep Sagheads.

 

Ha ha, us  "   bottlers " have actually increased attendance every year we bottle it !  We must love it .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, phantom said:

A new bellend is surfacing over on arse chat. . .

image.png

image.png

So Tom now aspires to be like “Rotherham” - wish they’d make up their minds - not so long ago they were “bigger than Norwich” and “as big as Blackburn, Wolves and West Ham” - and they think they can laugh at us?! 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They’ve been doing it for years......”lansdown will get bored”, “Lansdown only interested in the rugby”, “crowds will drop as soon as they go on a bad run” “they’ll bottle it again”

Absolute inferiority complex. They can’t name any positives about they’re own club so even when the truth is staring them in the face, make up negatives about us to feed their sad, bitter life’s. The more they say it, the more they believe it.

Reality is SL is in for the long haul and JL will succeed him. He is in no way getting bored, in fact, with new training grounds for football and rugby and the arena expansion of Ashton gate, he is still fiercely ambitious.

Buying and selling players for a profit and a top producing academy were a couple of the ‘pillars’  of the long term strategy several years ago....that is now coming to fruition.

He can also see massive improvement on the pitch year on year.....we now have the best possible chance for promotion to premier league. Whether we make it this year remains to be seen but if we don’t, we are very much an established top ten championship team.

something the bitter few can only wet-dream about 

Edited by RedRaw
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, phantom said:

A new bellend is surfacing over on arse chat. . .

What is the collective noun for bellends?
A bunch of bellends? 
Should be a 'Bristol R*vers of bellends', obviously.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, petelekg said:

https://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/137721-roughest-pubs-in-bristol/page/2/

It was mentioned in an old thread the roughest pub in Bristol 

The Britannia closed years ago Patchway has no pubs anymore 

The old thread about rough pubs was hilarious but, I have to ask, why do so many of the OTIB posters frequent these places of ill repute? Isn’t there anyone who pops out for dry sherry in a pub where you can have a quiet discussion about poetry or patchwork quilting?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

He is in no way getting bored

Mad accusation isn't it. For goodness sake the man literally named a quarter of our stadium after himself. He literally has his name on the stadium. Why would you ever write your name on a massively important piece of what you've invested in if you were "bored" of it?

Edited by ExiledAjax

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

I honestly can't remember the last time I saw someone wearing a Rovers shirt anywhere.

Surprisingly there is bloke who I occasionally see at my local Tesco's near Gatwick. I have resorted to childish tactics by occasionally wearing my red city hoodie shopping - our paths have not yet since crossed :innocent06:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Great thread they’ve got going on over there, however I’ve read and re-read the post below several times and can’t decide...is this Saghead actually claiming that the Gas are bigger than some clubs in the Championship?

78B2F066-D0DC-4B00-B82F-81C118F89C11.jpeg

Yes he is. There is not one club in this league who I would say were worse off than Rovers - even when Bolton were in this league and imploding they still looked a better outfit than Rovers.

Deluded as ever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Great thread they’ve got going on over there, however I’ve read and re-read the post below several times and can’t decide...is this Saghead actually claiming that the Gas are bigger than some clubs in the Championship?

78B2F066-D0DC-4B00-B82F-81C118F89C11.jpeg

The only club I can think of in our league they could potentially claim to be bigger than is Luton, but there isn’t much in it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Great thread they’ve got going on over there, however I’ve read and re-read the post below several times and can’t decide...is this Saghead actually claiming that the Gas are bigger than some clubs in the Championship?

78B2F066-D0DC-4B00-B82F-81C118F89C11.jpeg

The absolutely unbridled arrogance of those lot is the most impressive thing. It's almost consistent through their entire fanbase. They were more recently non-league than they were a Championship club. Mental.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

The only club I can think of in our league they could potentially claim to be bigger than is Luton, but there isn’t much in it.

No chance, Luton are league cup winners who have played in the first division and have secured themselves well in the championship. Add to that they actually have permission to build a 23000 capacity stadium in the near future. 

Rovers could only dream to be anywhere near as big as Luton

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Red7 said:

What is the collective noun for bellends?
A bunch of bellends? 
Should be a 'Bristol R*vers of bellends', obviously.

A sag of bellends.....

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

The only club I can think of in our league they could potentially claim to be bigger than is Luton, but there isn’t much in it.

On attendances they’re reasonably close to Luton. The Mem makes Kenilworth Road look like the Emirates but again similar sized ‘stadium’.

Luton have 16 seasons in the top flight and have been League Cup Winners.

Rovers once won a short lived Pre Season competition that no one gave a flying shit about.

Im not convinced they can claim to be bigger than Luton.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Red7 said:

What is the collective noun for bellends?
A bunch of bellends? 
Should be a 'Bristol R*vers of bellends', obviously.

Gasheads

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JBFC II said:

No chance, Luton are league cup winners who have played in the first division and have secured themselves well in the championship. Add to that they actually have permission to build a 23000 capacity stadium in the near future. 

Rovers could only dream to be anywhere near as big as Luton

This.  They've had some decent players as well.  Ricky Hill, Paul Walsh and Mick Harford to name a few.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...