Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

42nite

Bristol Rovers Dustbin Thread

13 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

I see what you mean :laugh:

chair.png

Any good rumours on what he has done to upset them? (other than persuading them to invest in the first place) 

32 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Any good rumours on what he has done to upset them? (other than persuading them to invest in the first place) 

A source of a number of leaks in recent months according to Slagchat.

Either that or the deal to steal the Fruit Market has gone sour.

Edited by wendyredredrobin
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Failed to broker a takeover, meaning Wally is likely to be lumbered with the Fewers for the foreseeable.

That's my guess.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

I see what you mean :laugh:

chair.png

Wow, what a statement.  Maybe there was more but haven't paid the electricity bill and got cut off mid statement.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, RedRock said:

Fruit bowl must have gone pear-shaped.

Next - the matchstick stadium with Vince. 

Vince doesn't encourage the use of fossil fuels.

He'll wanna get rid of the gas.

• Haha 5
  • Robin 1

4 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Vince doesn't encourage the use of fossil fuels.

He'll wanna get rid of the gas.

well done thank you GIF by Spotify

2 hours ago, chucky said:

Wow, what a statement.  Maybe there was more but haven't paid the electricity bill and got cut off mid statement.

I believe Hamer's given an interview with The Evil in which he vehemently denies having been in Henbury Gas' shop having his 'hard drive' wiped (at the time he was dining in the Patchway branch of KebabsRUs and is 100% sure of the fact as: "I don't often splash the cash on fine dining..") He further explains that owing to a medical condition whereby he suffers constant hot flushes he never has the heating on in the office and any allegation that the heating hasn't worked for years with the utilities having been disconnected is unfounded.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

This is the guy that Bert Tann calls ‘Steve Hamster’?

Is he the same guy that gave the Press Conference about Brexit or did I dream that? 

That was Wally himself , wasn't it ?

On ‎20‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 07:33, BCFC11 said:

Then we have another who thinks everyone, including SL of course are against them. Yet here they are begging the council for help! Playing the victim he says 😂😂😂 how about your club, who have never had PP turned down by BCC btw actually pay for your stadium out of your own pockets instead of wanting everyone bar yourselves to pay for it! As for these SL theories and how he’s behind all of your failings, as if he’s the slightest bit concerned about your shitty little outfit competing with BCFC. I’d suggest you look closer to home (wherever the caravan is pitched this week) and get off your backsides and do something about it as to why your club is stuck in the 70’s with zero chance of progression instead of blaming every fooker bar yourselves.

Agree with this. If the funding was not an issue to build the UWE then we should be in a position to build a stadium at a different location if the terms are favourable. The trouble is we are constantly playing the victim. Lansdown, the Media, the council are all against us

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/15297/radio-interview-marvin-rees?page=5

It`s so obvious what they are doing. When it inevitably goes tits up just like every other pie-in-the-sky stadium idea that they`ve ever had it won`t be because Wally hasn`t got a pot to piss in and can`t get some other sucker to pay for it they will claim that it`s all some Illuminati style conspiracy involving the council, Steve Lansdown, Sainsbury`s and probably Wycombe Wanderers to deprive them of what is rightfully theirs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Hamer being thrown under the bus as a scapegoat, because things aint quite right? Didn't he oversee Swansea into administration? Of course, a possible scenario might be that, the prospective new owners might not like dealing with him.

51 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Stop it, getting our hopes up, although, what a nice Xmas gift that would be 😀

Wound up on christmas day. Lovely :clapping:

3 hours ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Stop it, getting our hopes up, although, what a nice Xmas gift that would be 😀

On the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me.

The Rovers going into administree. 

Pretty crap lyrics but you get the sentiment.

8 hours ago, freezer said:

On the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me.

The Rovers going into administree. 

Pretty crap lyrics but you get the sentiment.

On the twelfth day of Christmas my true love gave to me,

Twelve points deducted

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Rocky said:

Ha. They still want a small % so they can make some money if it all happens, which was their sole intent in the first place when they thought Sainsbury's was a sure thing.

• Like 1

On 21/11/2019 at 11:13, Port Said Red said:

Rumour has it he was feeding the camels and got rather excited.

Instant dismissal 

11 minutes ago, TomF said:

Surely any party will look at the debt secured against the stadium and see they’re damn near insolvent

Exactly.

The club loses money every week, so no value in owning it (or at least paying for it). And the one fixed asset they have has no value either as it has the secured loans against it. 

Given that they need a new stadium the one thing they could sell to raise money towards it now has no value either as Wally and his family get their money back.

I won't be surprised if big brother pulls the plug, got the impression he was never keen on the idea from the start, and with the bank they are involved with not performing that well, he probably wants to draw a line under an expensive experiment.

Suppose it depends on how much they want and if they can accept a loss. Otherwise it's admin and asset liquidation for them to get their money back.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Exactly.

The club loses money every week, so no value in owning it (or at least paying for it). And the one fixed asset they have has no value either as it has the secured loans against it. 

Given that they need a new stadium the one thing they could sell to raise money towards it now has no value either as Wally and his family get their money back.

I won't be surprised if big brother pulls the plug, got the impression he was never keen on the idea from the start, and with the bank they are involved with not performing that well, he probably wants to draw a line under an expensive experiment.

Suppose it depends on how much they want and if they can accept a loss. Otherwise it's admin and asset liquidation for them to get their money back.

🤞

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gazred said:

Ha. They still want a small % so they can make some money if it all happens, which was their sole intent in the first place when they thought Sainsbury's was a sure thing.

Sounds a lot like the Not So Grand Old Duke Of York & Pitch@Palace situation.. 

(oops, apologies, I accidently interrupted jumped into the middle of a bloody good song writing session, sorry lads as you were, carry on! :) )

Edited by WhistleHappy

47 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Exactly.

Assuming that from this very moment it would take a minimum of three years before they could play a league match at a new purpose build stadium (aater acquiring land, obtaining planning permission, dealing with objections, transport plans, design, build, yada yada) at their present run rate they'll have lost another c.£10.5m. Hope that whoever is working out the sums factors this in forgets to factor this in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Exactly.

So right now they'll say they're listening but actually nothing will happen. They'll say they're forced into admin with no buyers, partly blame if on SH (the obvious scapegoat now imo) and walk off with the deeds to the mem. OR they sell the club but hold on to the mem, rent it back to the new owners.. 

• Like 3