Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

42nite

Bristol Rovers Dustbin Thread

4 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

I took it as though @Midlands Robin meant has JCH played in this seasons FA Cup for the Fewers so if he did move elsewhere in Jan then would he be eligible to play in the Cup for his new team or not. The answer is yes he’d be cup tied, he helped them to a momentous 1-1 draw at home v Bromley who played the last 20 minutes with 10 men. The minnows though went one better in the replay infront the of millions watching on TV by beating Bromley in their own backyard, where some belter in the away end thought it would be a great idea to throw a flare of some sort onto a plastic pitch 👍🏻

and don’t forget Bromley had a perfectly good goal ruled out and in addition scored from a throw in (although as it didn’t bounce first or touch another player so again ruled out) . 

Edited by E.G.Red

Will the Gas be making an official complaint to last nights referee? 

Clearly he breached an unwritten contract by forgetting to award at least one penalty to them during the 90minutes of standard time.

Although I suppose as it was a cup game goal difference didn't come into it as long as they won. 

Bet they're still bloody miffed about it though, and did nobody even get red carded?  Scandalous! 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

I took it as though @Midlands Robin meant has JCH played in this seasons FA Cup for the Fewers so if he did move elsewhere in Jan then would he be eligible to play in the Cup for his new team or not. The answer is yes he’d be cup tied, he helped them to a momentous 1-1 draw at home v Bromley who played the last 20 minutes with 10 men. The minnows though went one better in the replay infront the of millions watching on TV by beating Bromley in their own backyard, where some belter in the away end thought it would be a great idea to throw a flare of some sort onto a plastic pitch 👍🏻

The flare was thrown by a Bromley "fan", when they thought they'd scored - presumably a glory hunter who didn't know that they played on a plastic pitch. 

Edited by In the Net
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, In the Net said:

The flare was thrown by a Bromley "fan", when they thought they'd scored - presumably a glory hunter who didn't know that they played on a plastic pitch. 

I find that hard to believe, everyone knows that the worlds greatest fans outnumber the home support when away from home because it’s what they do’s apparently, proven last night at Plym...... ohhh.    Atleast the home attendances are still amaz..... ohhhh

26 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

Will the Gas be making an official complaint to last nights referee? 

Clearly he breached an unwritten contract by forgetting to award at least one penalty to them during the 90minutes of standard time.

Although I suppose as it was a cup game goal difference didn't come into it as long as they won. 

Bet they're still bloody miffed about it though, and did nobody even get red carded?  Scandalous! 

They are gonna let this one pass this week as the Ref didn’t want to make things too obvious after already not awarding Plymouth a perfectly good goal.

45 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Been turnt down already by what must be their no.1 target 😂😂😂

Barge Pole springs to mind.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/bristol-rovers-knocked-back-ex-3654550

Pretty decent names for them to be linked with tbf. But no doubt it’s all a smoke screen from their Board and the actual manager they appoint will be some unknown from the lower reaches again. 

24 minutes ago, lenred said:

Pretty decent names for them to be linked with tbf. But no doubt it’s all a smoke screen from their Board and the actual manager they appoint will be some unknown from the lower reaches again. 

Or from talksport and Quest 

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Haha 2

58 minutes ago, lenred said:

You say 'linked with them' but he clearly doesn't want to be linked with them.

They could ask Klopp and get a similar reaction. 

From the Post article on Jones.

’ It is understood that Jones, having managed in the second tier, isn't quite ready to drop down into League One unless he feels it's to a club who can be considered Championship-ready, both on and off the field.‘ 

:rofl2br:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

’ It is understood that Jones, having managed in the second tier, isn't quite ready to drop down into League One unless he feels it's to a club who can be considered Championship-ready, both on and off the field.‘ 

He’d be an absolute clown to of gone there, not just for the obvious reasons either. Given that most managers who have been sacked these days continue to have their contracts paid until they find a new position, and given the money he was probably on at Stoke to the pittance those losers would offer he’d mad to take the job. 

1 hour ago, lenred said:

Linked yes, any of them likely to be interested? No chance. The exception being Skeletor who has previously said he wouldn’t go back there under Wally after not receiving a response from them after applying for the job when Cockman was appointed. More BS from that clown, give him the job I say, be a match made in hell for them.

Why do we always have to move our game and not the teds? bloody off saturday working sunday,friday night would be better imho

Maybe because we were already in the 3rd round and had already been selling tickets......and we also forgot you were here?

• Like 1

Another significant consideration for prospective managers to think about is the existence of this, now legendary, notorious Bristol Rovers Dustbin Thread here on OTIB.

Its a factor, having seen the constant gamut of scrutiny and ridicule suffered by predecessors' that they will find themselves embroiled in if they dare to go over to The Darkside and face the unavoidable wrath of the dreaded Dustbin Thread. 

** Hey Boys, you have been warned! ** 

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

but.... but.... Their sprinklers ARE championship ready!

just dont ask about the plans for a new stadium, stands tents at their exising dump, training ground, disabled persons stand, new facilities beyond the new bar entrance canopy, their playing staff, their finances, transfer budget or the owners.

22 minutes ago, Seneca the Younger said:

The fact they would try to go for Jones, someone they can't afford & would go nowhere near them, proves how amateur their setup is. 

This might have been a cunning plan. Publicise an approach for a well know manger, with zero chance of success, just to keep the fans happy. Then appoint a cheap option. 

40 minutes ago, Seneca the Younger said:

The fact they would try to go for Jones, someone they can't afford & would go nowhere near them, proves how amateur their setup is. 

Without wanting to defend the blue few, the reason behind this was Martin Starnes knows him from their days at Yeovil, But I don't expect that there was much in it other than that

I don't know why I can't take this opening seriously from here . . https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/bristol-rovers-knocked-back-ex-3654550

image.png

Why do I have an image of a Laurence of Arabia type person riding their camel down Gloucester Road

• Haha 1

Wally now down to a shortlist of 2 for the managerial vacancy:

Mr William Smart

Mr James Chipperfield

They will eventually find some clown to perform under their big top.

Actually, my money is on the bargain basement option of the caretaker manager unless he follows Cock Man to Mansfield.

Edited by wendyredredrobin

22 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Wally now down to a shortlist of 2 for the managerial vacancy:

Mr William Smart

Mr James Chipperfield

They will eventually find some clown to perform under their big top.

Actually, my money is on the bargain basement option of the caretaker manager unless he follows Cock Man to Mansfield.

Please show a little respect to Mr Coughlan if you please. 

He has built them up just so they can fall  further .

The way he left is the funniest thing to happen in the last ten days. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Banjo Island said:

Please let it be hollowhead pure comedy genius thick as shit is the man my ribs are already aching at the thought of the utter guff this fool spews

Fantastic if it happened, but Hollowhead has already said that he wouldn't work for Wally. In any event, I would imagine he is out of their price range by a mile.

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Without wanting to defend the blue few, the reason behind this was Martin Starnes knows him from their days at Yeovil, But I don't expect that there was much in it other than that

I don't know why I can't take this opening seriously from here . . https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/bristol-rovers-knocked-back-ex-3654550

image.png

Why do I have an image of a Laurence of Arabia type person riding their camel down Gloucester Road

Dare I say it? Ticks all the boxes - cheap, malleable, knows Starnes.

#announceDarrenWay

• Like 3

1 hour ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Fantastic if it happened, but Hollowhead has already said that he wouldn't work for Wally. In any event, I would imagine he is out of their price range by a mile.

Hi Wendy. When did Mr. H say this? According to an interview with him published today, he wasn't going to apply but if they contacted him he would go for the job. That's my take on it!

3 hours ago, cityal said:

but.... but.... Their sprinklers ARE championship ready!

just dont ask about the plans for a new stadium, stands tents at their exising dump, training ground, disabled persons stand, new facilities beyond the new bar entrance canopy, their playing staff, their finances, transfer budget or the owners.

The Colony was a “Game Changer” wasn’t it?

6 minutes ago, Gert Mare said:

The Colony was a “Game Changer” wasn’t it?

Just looked up the definition of Colony

"A country or area under the full or partial political control of another country and occupied by settlers.

3 minutes ago, myol'man said:

"A country or area under the full or partial political control of another country and occupied by settlers.

Owned by Jordan....occupied by squatting pikeys....and fencing that wasn’t paid for 🤣

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

You say 'linked with them' but he clearly doesn't want to be linked with them.

They could ask Klopp and get a similar reaction. 

It doesn’t say anything about Heckingbottom not wanting to be linked with them unless I’ve missed something?  He would be an impressive coup for them imho - certainly a step up from Coughlan and the dog fondler ( Jones is complete pie in the sky).   Won’t happen though.  

6 minutes ago, Coombsy said:

Why would any good manager want rovers put on their cv

I must admit the names i laughed at yesterday were Nigel Adkins and Nathan Jones. No ******* way would either of those consider the Gas

or if they did, i'd be ******* flabbergasted.

2 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

The 15ers will all get very excited when Wael announces the appointment of Joe Jordan until they read the small print and discover that it's actually Joe from Jordan, who sells carpets in his local souk.

Joe from Jordan :rofl2br::clap:

1 hour ago, myol'man said:

they’d be better served calling it The Colonscopy (they are full of s*** as well)

3 hours ago, Norn Iron said:

Hi Wendy. When did Mr. H say this? According to an interview with him published today, he wasn't going to apply but if they contacted him he would go for the job. That's my take on it!

Wasn’t Holloway miffed when he applied for the roverzzz job when GC got it but didn’t even get a reply? But I’ve heard the same as you - he would be open to discussions if the club contacted him ....

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Wasn’t Holloway miffed when he applied for the roverzzz job when GC got it but didn’t even get a reply? But I’ve heard the same as you - he would be open to discussions if the club contacted him ....

whilst they are being turned down by other candidates I’m not sure that Holloway’s ego could cope with being fifth or sixth choice on the list.

He wants to be ‘ wanted ‘ when obviously he isn’t, so I can’t see him swallowing his pride and accepting an approach now .

Why would anyone want to turn the gas down, I mean, they’re bigger than Sunderland now......

Hudson1883 Avatar
Hudson1883
First Team
about an hour ago

Weeezord said:
I read somewhere about Sunderland putting a 600k price tag on JCH.

I had to laugh, but sounds about right. Other clubs putting THEIR price tags on OUR players. 

Especially for what would be, a backwards move
  • Haha 3

28 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

whilst they are being turned down by other candidates I’m not sure that Holloway’s ego could cope with being fifth or sixth choice on the list.

He wants to be ‘ wanted ‘ when obviously he isn’t, so I can’t see him swallowing his pride and accepting an approach now .

Wants to be wanted by a club that needs to be needed .

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, East End Old Boy said:

Well, that was click bate, or should I say click mastur****! 🤜💧

I think it was a cry for help him to pull him off,