Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

42nite

Bristol Rovers Dustbin Thread

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

they've appointed Garner I see

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50892824

It's a strange appointment, giving someone their first club to run, but given his coaching experience it could be genius.

In keeping with the Fewers philosophy, it is a cheap appointment, and given when they sit in the league you would imagine that a lot of experience applied for it.

They might have the next great manager who has been looking for a break, or they may have a players revolt of their hands with questions such as, 'so what do YOU do in that situation when YOU were a player?'.

Either the wheels are going to come off their promotion bid quickly, or they will be a top 6 side till the end of the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Mattyisared said:

Trying to be biased but genuinely think it’s a very good appointment, rated very highly by multiple top managers and was mentored by Mourinho. Also helped bring through Wan-Bissaka. Should be enough for them to make a good go of promotion imo and if they go up they can spend 3 months gloating before pulling a Yeovil

You really haven't got the gist of this thread, have you?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Mattyisared said:

Trying to be biased but genuinely think it’s a very good appointment, rated very highly by multiple top managers and was mentored by Mourinho. Also helped bring through Wan-Bissaka. Should be enough for them to make a good go of promotion imo and if they go up they can spend 3 months gloating before pulling a Yeovil

If he is as good as some managers think he is then he wouldn’t be at a shit club like them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"This could go one of two ways so I'm not sure about this.
However, it's better than Johnson, Cotterill and Holloway so I'm not disappointed.
Be interested to see what his style of play is.
Good luck Ben, hope it works out for us all."


Yes of course, so much better than 3 managers who have promotions and other honours on their CV's

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

"This could go one of two ways so I'm not sure about this.
However, it's better than Johnson, Cotterill and Holloway so I'm not disappointed.
Be interested to see what his style of play is.
Good luck Ben, hope it works out for us all."


Yes of course, so much better than 3 managers who have promotions and other honours on their CV's

Better then Johnson, Cotterill and Holloway....

.....yet doesn't know what style he plays 

Gas logic 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be fair, this Garner bloke, from bits and bobs I've read of him, sounds like he may well be a decent appointment for the Gas... 

Could be the Christmas present they so desperately needed.  After losing GC so suddenly (& giving us yet another big laugh) .. it could be a case of 'every cloud has a silver lining' for them. 

However ...Let The Banter Begin, cant wait for the next 'gift' from the Mem.. Happy Christmas. 🎅

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

To be fair, this Garner bloke, from bits and bobs I've read of him, sounds like he may well be a decent appointment for the Gas... 

Could be the Christmas present they so desperately needed.  After losing GC so suddenly (& giving us yet another big laugh) .. it could be a case of 'every cloud has a silver lining' for them. 

However ...Let The Banter Begin, cant wait for the next 'gift' from the Mem.. Happy Christmas. 🎅

He's never been a manager and therefore totally unproven and a cheap gamble.

It may pay off but more usually career assistants flounder when given the reins as was the case with Brian Kidd and Peter Taylor.

I would be deeply unhappy with a similar appointment here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you suffer the embarrassment of having a Sag in your extended family and being forced to spend time with them this Christmas?

That awkward moment when you have to make small talk, trying your best not to offend the poor Fewer by inadvertently highlighting their obvious inferiority? What the **** are you meant to say to these people, and what sort of Christmas present do you give them?

Well how about this fun card game, which would make the ideal stocking filler for those 'special few' in your life. 

1348258.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

If he is as good as some managers think he is then he wouldn’t be at a shit club like them.

He won't know a lot of the behind the scenes stuff. As a footballing coach with no experience of playing the game professionally a club, getting his first job at the top end of League One is quite fortunate, regardless of how good he is. Farke and Wilder started off at shit clubs to be fair. Either he'll be great and bring them up and will get poached and leave, Holloway will go there, take them down and then they'll be in financial ruin, or he'll be ****. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

If he is as good as some managers think he is then he wouldn’t be at a shit club like them.

That's what I don't get.  If he is so highly rated then an assistant manager's job at a decent Champ team would seem the way to go, then easier to step up.  Taking a job with no resources, wtf?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

"This could go one of two ways so I'm not sure about this.
However, it's better than Johnson, Cotterill and Holloway so I'm not disappointed.
Be interested to see what his style of play is.
Good luck Ben, hope it works out for us all."


Yes of course, so much better than 3 managers who have promotions and other honours on their CV's

Johnson has a promotion on his cv?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

Johnson has a promotion on his cv?

 

37 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Yes, and more than one.

Assuming Gary not Lee

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was behind a gashead couple in the supermarket earlier today. It’s the first time in ages I’ve seen any gas shirts in the wild.

Pair of utter dumbasses as you’d expect. They were arguing with the poor lady on the checkout because they wanted some turkey but the shop had sold out. After a bit of swearing they wandered out of the shop.

I don’t agree with Trump very often, but we really need to build a wall around Horfield to stop these people getting out amongst decent people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

I was behind a gashead couple in the supermarket earlier today. It’s the first time in ages I’ve seen any gas shirts in the wild.

Pair of utter dumbasses as you’d expect. They were arguing with the poor lady on the checkout because they wanted some turkey but the shop had sold out. After a bit of swearing they wandered out of the shop.

I don’t agree with Trump very often, but we really need to build a wall around Horfield to stop these people getting out amongst decent people.

Hey, I live in Horfield.  There's a few living beyond enemy lines :city:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BS2 Red said:

I was behind a gashead couple in the supermarket earlier today. It’s the first time in ages I’ve seen any gas shirts in the wild.

Pair of utter dumbasses as you’d expect. They were arguing with the poor lady on the checkout because they wanted some turkey but the shop had sold out. After a bit of swearing they wandered out of the shop.

I don’t agree with Trump very often, but we really need to build a wall around Horfield to stop these people getting out amongst decent people.

Very true. I never see rovers shirts . And I live north of the river . Gobble Gobble 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Rocky said:

Hey, I live in Horfield.  There's a few living beyond enemy lines :city:

We’ll have a tunnel to smuggle out the people who don’t have 14 fingers.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Rocky said:

Hey, I live in Horfield.  There's a few living beyond enemy lines :city:

I too am a Gloucester Road freedom fighter.*

Cleansing pubs of wrong uns, one at a time.

*note, that fighter is purely a figure of speech.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

He's never been a manager and therefore totally unproven and a cheap gamble.

It may pay off but more usually career assistants flounder when given the reins as was the case with Brian Kidd and Peter Taylor.

I would be deeply unhappy with a similar appointment here.

Alan Dicks was an assistant manager at Coventry before he became our manager. He didn’t do too bad. 

  • Like 1
  • Snake 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Red Army 75 said:

Very true. I never see rovers shirts . And I live north of the river . Gobble Gobble 

I saw one in Hartcliffe the other week.
 

So many people laughing...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BS2 Red said:

We’ll have a tunnel to smuggle out the people who don’t have 14 fingers.

I'm Horfield born and bred. Think i saw Charles Bronson coming the other way when i went through the tunnel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BS2 Red said:

We’ll have a tunnel to smuggle out the people who don’t have 14 fingers.

Just use the same one they used for visiting Ashton Gate when we used to actually play them every year.

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

Unlucky da shit...!

 

Screenshot_20191224-191852_Twitter.thumb.jpg.f979d511e79b65acc87127275f77b824.jpg

One absolutely vital thing he’s missing there, something never affiliated with Sags and that’s 💷💷💷💷

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

Unlucky da shit...!

 

Screenshot_20191224-191852_Twitter.thumb.jpg.f979d511e79b65acc87127275f77b824.jpg

I notice he doesn’t mention the bit where their owners smashed the FFP rules to get them out of the Championship. I wonder why?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I notice he doesn’t mention the bit where their owners smashed the FFP rules to get them out of the Championship. I wonder why?

It doesn`t apply in their case - after all, what likelihood is there of them smashing any spending rules?

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

It doesn`t apply in their case - after all, what likelihood is there of them smashing any spending rules?

Sort of my point :) merry Xmas 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, BS3City said:

Screenshot_20191224-191852_Twitter.thumb.jpg.f979d511e79b65acc87127275f77b824.jpg.21e810307a16d9d8209d167943f6fa0d.jpg

What an absolute crock of shit! Is there no end to the crap they spout?

**** me...😕

Wouldn't be causing me any stress if they get promoted to the championship.

Maybe's it would be the kick up the ass Lansdown needs.

  • Like 1
  • Rovers 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/12/2019 at 06:48, Eddie Hitler said:

He's never been a manager and therefore totally unproven and a cheap gamble.

It may pay off but more usually career assistants flounder when given the reins as was the case with Brian Kidd and Peter Taylor.

I would be deeply unhappy with a similar appointment here.

Eh? Have you seen Peter Taylor’s record?! Four promotions as a Manager including winning a division as champions was it? And only lost two games as England’s U21 Manager? He didn’t ‘flounder’ ....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Eh? Have you seen Peter Taylor’s record?! Four promotions as a Manager including winning a division as champions was it? And only lost two games as England’s U21 Manager? He didn’t ‘flounder’ ....

Cloughie's Peter Taylor, not the old Spurs player. ;)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/12/2019 at 06:48, Eddie Hitler said:

He's never been a manager and therefore totally unproven and a cheap gamble.

It may pay off but more usually career assistants flounder when given the reins as was the case with Brian Kidd and Peter Taylor.

I would be deeply unhappy with a similar appointment here.

 

11 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Cloughie's Peter Taylor, not the old Spurs player. ;)

Ah, sorry, I thought Eddie meant the guy who scored for Spurs in the 9-0 drubbing of the gas ....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...