Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

42nite

Bristol Rovers Dustbin Thread

1 hour ago, kivsy said:

Non scoring Nichols strikes again .... or maybe not 😁

1 hour ago, RedLionLad said:

Non scoring Nichols 'on strike' again...

1 hour ago, JBFC II said:

He didn’t play!

1 hour ago, RedLionLad said:

Typical performance then...

He's been let go...

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/exclusive-tom-nichols-told-can-3717629

3 hours ago, st andrews gas said:

Not at a home match if you mean Stevenage- joke competition-'bickering'- no..'rivals'..no- because frankly you lot don't matter even if in a league above us..but some prats need a peegging down- and you sure have a lot on here..

No ,that's your tents (I'm making allowances for you and assume you mean  pegging, but I digress) ...so you'e the one to do it?

1 hour ago, bristolmoose said:

From that link - "Tom Nichols has been told by Bristol Rovers he can leave in the January transfer window. The 26-year-old forward has made 28 appearances for the Gas this season in all competitions, scoring four goals - the most he has netted in a single campaign for Rovers."

So they are letting him go during his current "hot streak" ? - ofc we are using the term "hot streak" in a very broad sense here

12 minutes ago, cityal said:

From that link - "Tom Nichols has been told by Bristol Rovers he can leave in the January transfer window. The 26-year-old forward has made 28 appearances for the Gas this season in all competitions, scoring four goals - the most he has netted in a single campaign for Rovers."

So they are letting him go during his current "hot streak" ? - ofc we are using the term "hot streak" in a very broad sense here

They actually stopped referring to him as being a striker.

8 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

No ,that's your tents (I'm making allowances for you and assume you mean  pegging, but I digress) ...so you'e the one to do it?

The sags have had a right pegging from the camel botherer.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, st andrews gas said:

Not at a home match if you mean Stevenage- joke competition-'bickering'- no..'rivals'..no- because frankly you lot don't matter even if in a league above us..but some prats need a peegging down- and you sure have a lot on here..

1. Learn to spell.
2. Learn punctuation.
3. Stop crying.

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, The Horse With No Name said:

How about the guy who replaced him , Dennis Rofe ? Those really were the halycon days of Gas managers.

Dennis Smith being our manager at the same time which lead to the classic song " There's only one Dennis in Bristol one Dennis in Bristol there's only one Dennis in Bristol"

Edited by Barry Sheene

9 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

Slarti, is that why The Gas never come from behind?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, st andrews gas said:

Run from whom..not your bunch of kids...

How old are you? Been running away since 1977 actually not that it's important, just thought you needed to have things clarified by someone who knows. 

Silly gas *** stay off the Ketamine and your sister. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

Oh, we’ve got a new plaything .

Welcome SAndrews Gas .

The gift.

Imagine what would happen if one of us spouted a load of crap like that on their forum (not that anyone would want to dirty their hands over there other than to occasionally take a peek to see what rubbish is coming out of it).

2 hours ago, Super said:

https://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/news/2020/january/gas-travel-launch/

I'm surprised this wasn't already being done with the thousands that go and watch them! Also where is Wormley, Bradley Stone and Cleve?!

This is a right laugh, they are comparing 6000 gas fans with the 26000 at the Amex, this will prove a loss maker from day one

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Galway Red said:

This is a right laugh, they are comparing 6000 gas fans with the 26000 at the Amex, this will prove a loss maker from day one

Noticed they cleaned up the spelling but missed Weston Super Mere 😂😂

15 hours ago, st andrews gas said:

ok- let's gets nasty- **** off you  MORON..

If you and your fellow Sags put this much passion into actually supporting your team instead of looking up our score on your phones, you might not get done at home by teams like Stevenage.

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan

3 hours ago, Super said:

https://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/news/2020/january/gas-travel-launch/

I'm surprised this wasn't already being done with the thousands that go and watch them! Also where is Wormley, Bradley Stone and Cleve?!

"The level of interest is very encouraging as we can see similarities to when we started Seagull Travel for BHAFC from a cabin at the Amex when the stadium was being built. 

Bristol Rovers FC are at a similar stage in their evolution and we feel, that our sustainable travel service will be an asset to both us and the club"

:rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br:

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, The Horse With No Name said:

How about the guy who replaced him , Dennis Rofe ? Those really were the halycon days of Gas managers.

Did he resemble one of the Muppets?

15 minutes ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

Or balls deep in his mum's minge.

Yuck! You're only supposed to come out the minge, not in it :laugh:

• Haha 1

The attendance for the Rovers v Stevenage match doesn’t seem to have been published anywhere. Did anyone turn up?

16 hours ago, st andrews gas said:

Wtf is peegging? 

1 hour ago, pongo88 said:

The attendance for the Rovers v Stevenage match doesn’t seem to have been published anywhere. Did anyone turn up?

1180 (48 away)

18 minutes ago, phantom said:

I just realised where the mighty Stevenage are in the league ...... OOPS !!

Plus they had zero shots on target!

2 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

"The level of interest is very encouraging as we can see similarities to when we started Seagull Travel for BHAFC from a cabin at the Amex when the stadium was being built. 

Bristol Rovers FC are at a similar stage in their evolution and we feel, that our sustainable travel service will be an asset to both us and the club"

Sources close to the club tell me that Rovers may indeed be at a similar stage in their evolution to Brighton but it is at the time when they were forced out of the Goldstone Ground and had to share with Gillingham.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

12 minutes ago, glen humphries said:

Ffs

Although ' peegging ' is a Gas slant on it . Obviously @st andrews gas partner had lost the necessary equipment,  hence his annual visit. Roll on 2021 I say.

Edited by Vincent Vega
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Super said:

Noticed they cleaned up the spelling but missed Weston Super Mere 😂😂

I think they’ve also corrected that one now, but there’s still a place called ‘Flax’ on the list! 😄🤓

(They’ve had a ‘Weston super’ proofreading that announcement...)

Edited by BS4 on Tour...
  • Haha 1

On ‎06‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 13:12, Major Isewater said:

Have you ever seen two football men happier ?

image.png

Let’s have some captions .

Player is thinking right this is the training ground when do I get to see the fantastic stadium,and the new one that is being built?

Oh my days......

Topper Gas Avatar
Topper Gas
Gas 
about an hour ago

gas2 said:
Just read Birmingham City have sold their ground to the clubs owners and been given a 25 year lease to rent the ground back for £1.25 million pound a year 

Sold for £22m so the suggested value of £25m for the Mem sounds about right assuming they are a similar size. I wonder what happens after the 25 years is up?? 

Yep, if you close your eyes they look almost identical 

BB0BAC81-35CD-4B64-A8D3-F57B8749F7CD.jpeg

F6C3AC77-AD9E-4C56-973A-90D55D42822E.jpeg

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

Oh my days......

Topper Gas Avatar
Topper Gas
Gas 
about an hour ago

gas2 said:
Just read Birmingham City have sold their ground to the clubs owners and been given a 25 year lease to rent the ground back for £1.25 million pound a year 

Sold for £22m so the suggested value of £25m for the Mem sounds about right assuming they are a similar size. I wonder what happens after the 25 years is up?? 

Yep, if you close your eyes they look almost identical 

BB0BAC81-35CD-4B64-A8D3-F57B8749F7CD.jpeg

F6C3AC77-AD9E-4C56-973A-90D55D42822E.jpeg

Similar in colour only.  Otherwise its chalk and cheese.