Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

42nite

Bristol Rovers Dustbin Thread

Recommended Posts

It just goes to show with the right facilities and infrastructure what the Bears have achieved and will continue to achieve.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to work that out but certainly more than a few tents, fake Fanta and a job lot of plastic garden chairs will ever achieve.

Mind the gap

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/01/2020 at 20:45, AppyDAZE said:

Spoiled by this word though. They are a total embarrassment to the city i was born and grew up in. Can't they be Gloucester Road Rovers or something ffs.

I was thinking this morning,, someone up there might have twigged that contraception was a different word  to contraption,   it would only have taken a few to use it to reduce their numbers quite considerably

 

edit,apologies for quoting you on this AD ,i didn't intend to.

Edited by redsquirrel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

And Longwell Green..

And Horfield 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, reddevon said:

I see they are opening up the tents for campers for an overnight sleep before the match !🎪⛺️🏕

is that so they can avoid the pre match rush on matchday?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/01/2020 at 22:19, Numero Uno said:

The Massives had a smaller crowd than the six fingered, fourth division roundabout mob up the M4.

#It’s what they do............

Plymouth's last home gate over 10,500!

Rovers now 4th biggest football club in the South West. :laugh:.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Farewell then Ray Langton

We had many tussles over Deirdre in the Rovers Return

You won and I lost

But there were no hard feelings on my part

Which probably explains it

Edited by bert tann
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, bert tann said:

Farewell then Ray Langton

We had many tussles over Deirdre in the Rovers Return

You won and I lost

But there were no hard feelings

Which probably explains it

So ken

gone for good ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, fgrsimon said:

Plymouth's last home gate over 10,500!

Rovers now 4th biggest football club in the South West. :laugh:.

wont be long before they get smaller crowds than forest green.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, reddevon said:

I see they are opening up the tents for campers for an overnight sleep before the match !🎪⛺️🏕

Memorial Stadium sleep out 

yes, I saw that headline, thought it was fans reaction to the game !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, slartibartfast said:

Memorial Stadium, Sneak out 

yes, I saw that headline, thought it was fans reaction to the game !

Fixed that for you Slarti !

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, NOTBLUE said:

Fixed that for you Slarti !

One problem with that NB.To sneak out,they would have to go in the first place. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, NOTBLUE said:

Fixed that for you Slarti !

I though it was "hand me your season ticket through the fence so I can sneak in?" 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Slacker said:

One problem with that NB.To sneak out,they would have to go in the first place. 

What? As in go in officially? As in paying face value for a ticket? Or does slipping someone with a high vis on the disabled gate a fiver to be let in count as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, fgrsimon said:

Plymouth's last home gate over 10,500!

Rovers now 4th biggest football club in the South West. :laugh:.

I always thought Swindon and Plymouth were bigger clubs  than them anyway.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, fgrsimon said:

Plymouth's last home gate over 10,500!

Rovers now 4th biggest football club in the South West. :laugh:.

Over 25% of the number of home fans at the swamp on Saturday followed Argyle to Stevenage. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RedRaw said:

By the looks of this thread, the rovers financial director has started posting on their forum.....would explain why they are so financially inept

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/15807/why-don-develop-land-housing

Bless 'em, they are like the people on who think our very wealthy owner should sign the most expensive players is the world because 'he can afford it' forgetting about FFP, they are overlooking the fact that the Mem is gone.

Gone under secured borrowing, with money owed to their owners who have am investment by no risk.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Here’s more proof (not that it’s needed) how the BP love to drag City’s name through the mud at every opportunity :facepalm:

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-citys-trip-reading-1984-3783939

A day to forget for Bristol City fans and players alike as supporters and police clashed at Elm Park

but not for the BP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

I though it was "hand me your season ticket through the fence so I can sneak in?" 

Will six fingered hands fit through the fence though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Swede said:

What? As in go in officially? As in paying face value for a ticket? Or does slipping someone with a high vis on the disabled gate a fiver to be let in count as well.

Bloke taking a fiver has left.....

...new bloke charges a tenner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Here’s more proof (not that it’s needed) how the BP love to drag City’s name through the mud at every opportunity :facepalm:

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-citys-trip-reading-1984-3783939

Does anyone know if they reported on a shameful previous vist to Burton by the famous quarterz before their home game v Gas at the end of August ?

A catalogue of anti social events for pretty much every club in the country but the the local shithouse rag never misses an opportunity does it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

Does anyone know if they reported on a shameful previous vist to Burton by the famous quarterz before their home game v Gas at the end of August ?

A catalogue of anti social events for pretty much every club in the country but the the local shithouse rag never misses an opportunity does it.

In fairness, their behaviour was an upgrade on previous visits to Burton. I don’t believe any mothers who were out with their kids were sexually assaulted, this time..! 
 

Also, most clubs  are guilty of taking a more troublesome element to these big away games, on a day trip to clubs that are bigger than they can hope to be..! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Here’s more proof (not that it’s needed) how the BP love to drag City’s name through the mud at every opportunity :facepalm:

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-citys-trip-reading-1984-3783939

Not sticking up for Rovers fans but they always bang on that the BP is biased towards City, and we say the same, maybe the BP is not biased at all?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

In fairness, their behaviour was an upgrade on previous visits to Burton. I don’t believe any mothers who were out with their kids were sexually assaulted, this time..! 
 

Also, most clubs  are guilty of taking a more troublesome element to these big away games, on a day trip to clubs that are bigger than they can hope to be..! 

Clubs like Braintree.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Not sticking up for Rovers fans but they always bang on that the BP is biased towards City, and we say the same, maybe the BP is not biased at all?

I would say that it is, and i'm sure there are posters on here who can cite examples of blind eyes being turned towards that lot, plus senior editorial staff who are dyed in the wool gas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Natchfever said:

I would say that it is, and i'm sure there are posters on here who can cite examples of blind eyes being turned towards that lot, plus senior editorial staff who are dyed in the wool gas.

Wasn’t our EP match day reporter,in days gone by,actually a sag,Richard Payne or something similar?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone else noticed that the fewers are always top story on BBC Bristol news(website).Even when they lose and we win they are always top story. 

Edited by Slacker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Slacker said:

Has anyone else noticed that the fewers are always top story on BBC Bristol news(website).Even when they lose and we win they are always top story. 

It's because of their millions of fans clicking onto the links and making it top news.

 

:bonkers:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Taz said:

It's because of their millions of fans clicking onto the links and making it top news.

 

:bonkers:

Fair point Taz.I suppose they need something to fill their time when they are sat at home on matchdays. 

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Slacker said:

Has anyone else noticed that the fewers are always top story on BBC Bristol news(website).Even when they lose and we win they are always top story. 

It’s to show that they are not only an embarrassment to Bristol but also a national embarrassment 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Here’s more proof (not that it’s needed) how the BP love to drag City’s name through the mud at every opportunity :facepalm:

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-citys-trip-reading-1984-3783939

To be fair Mr Lathan is a proper journo however and the article is pretty decent reflection of the days events.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TomF said:

To be fair Mr Lathan is a proper journo however and the article is pretty decent reflection of the days events.

And clearly nothing has changed in 36 years, so the Post would have you believe.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bas's perfect hattrick said:

Good point. What's the legality of this? Could a Wael forget his financial investment and close down the club? 

Screenshot_20200128-191731.png

Hopefully 🤞

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bas's perfect hattrick said:

Good point. What's the legality of this? Could a Wael forget his financial investment and close down the club? 

Screenshot_20200128-191731.png

Not a lot. The club would be virtually worthless apart from their registration.  They'd need somewhere to fulfil their fixtures, if it happened during the season and proof to the league that they had somewhere to play which met the criteria, for a new season, otherwise, bye bye.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bas's perfect hattrick said:

Good point. What's the legality of this? Could a Wael forget his financial investment and close down the club? 

Screenshot_20200128-191731.png

As Rovers are making a substantial weekly loss the players wages must currently be funded by Wael & Co. If they want out, the easy thing to do would be to stop playing the wages and the club be in the same situation as Bury. Then Wael would have no club but the Memorial ground which could be sold to help recover some of the debts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

Spawny ******* !

They missed the record by just a couple of minutes or so !

Apparently someone just spotted Halley’s Comet and the gas have scored - the first event happens much more often these days

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is so shit!

They weren't impressed with the red shirt and one team in Bristol shout, just before they scored. ☹️

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...