Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

42nite

Bristol Rovers Dustbin Thread

20 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Even their traffic reporter was trying to pretend that congestion on Muller Road was being caused by the fans going to the game. :)

more people were going to ikea than that dump when I drove past

• Like 1

Well, I have news for this Fewer, the moment the equity is all used up, you'll be replicating their approach quicker than you think! 

Coventry City are currently a very, very well run club. They have a successful model which we should follow.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Well, I have news for this Fewer, the moment the equity is all used up, you'll be replicating their approach quicker than you think! 

Coventry City are currently a very, very well run club. They have a successful model which we should follow.

Couldn’t agree more. The Fewers should follow Coventry’s lead.......and eff off to Birmingham.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Having given this a good twenty or thirty seconds worth of thought, I have arrived at the following observations.

Garner is the Gas equivalent of Benny.

Benny never won over the fans when he was with us, but his 'behind the scenes work' turned a - get him off the wage bill - player like Jim Brennan into a million quid out going.

I reckon they have someone who can't manager a first team, but could possibly motivate a few players who might improve. 

Just need them to sign 4' 6" call Bo and I'll be proved right!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shaun Taylor said:

To be fair Exeter brought 2000 but we sold all our tickets and could have done with more! 

Could of done with more? Who do you think you are, Rovers? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Shaun Taylor said:

To be fair Exeter brought 2000 but we sold all our tickets and could have done with more! 

Your pic and name is 1 thing we can all agree on - including the mighty Grecians!

• Like 1

They play two top seven teams and also the only two teams in worse form than them across the next four; if they can’t get a win before March, will they pull the trigger on this new lad? Surely can’t keep someone who has taken them from 4th to the bottom half inside three months?

35 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

Should be meltdown on Slagchat.....

Strangely it`s not. Very little wailing and gnashing of teeth, they all seem to be meekly accepting their shiteness.

Stockholm Syndrome I reckon - either that or someone`s been slipping bromide into the fake Fanta.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, samo II said:

They play two top seven teams and also the only two teams in worse form than them across the next four; if they can’t get a win before March, will they pull the trigger on this new lad? Surely can’t keep someone who has taken them from 4th to the bottom half inside three months?

Thing is they won`t go down so no way Wally will front up a payoff. He`s there for our amusement until at least the end of the season I reckon.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, samo II said:

Can they afford to sack him? 

Nice to see Liam bowing in front of the Rovers fans after he scored.  As if to say 'You're welcome!'

6 minutes ago, bigbash said:

Nice to see Liam bowing in front of the Rovers fans after he scored.  As if to say 'You're welcome!'

I hope he did that, after probably suffering copious amounts of sheet head chants. 

2 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

Couldn’t agree more. The Fewers should follow Coventry’s lead.......and eff off to Birmingham.

Christ,  Brum’s already a blight on the country without that lot making it worse 😬

• Flames 1

4 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

"Garner has done a demolition job on BRFC since his arrival."

.....and long may it continue

Im starting to get the impression that this "Garner" Chap is out of his depth!! Love it 😆

34 minutes ago, Redstoke said:

Im starting to get the impression that this "Garner" Chap is out of his depth!! Love it 😆

To be fair to the guy, you can't much lower than managing Bristol Rovers Football Club.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

No win in 11 games. Ouch

Two more losses and they'll need another hand to count them on.

• Haha 8

3 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Stockholm Syndrome I reckon - either that or someone`s been slipping bromide into the fake Fanta.

Or the Stockhausen Syndrome. They are all pissed.

• Haha 2

Just to put the gap into perspective we had an injured loan player in with our fans today who’s transfer fees over his career exceed the value of the tent dwellers stadium 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Having given this a good twenty or thirty seconds worth of thought, I have arrived at the following observations.

Garner is the Gas equivalent of Benny.

Benny never won over the fans when he was with us, but his 'behind the scenes work' turned a - get him off the wage bill - player like Jim Brennan into a million quid out going.

.... You must of read my post from yesterday. Basically I said the exact same thing... Post stealer!!

6 hours ago, WayOutWest said:

.... You must of read my post from yesterday. Basically I said the exact same thing... Post stealer!!

How dare you call me Andy Llewellyn.

• Haha 10

Next 2 games: Away to Wycombe and Tranmere.

Looks like Garner will be keeping up his fantastic start to his managerial career.

8 hours ago, martnewts said:

Just to put the gap into perspective we had an injured loan player in with our fans today who’s transfer fees over his career exceed the value of the tent dwellers stadium 

Has anyone got any pics of Benik at LR ? There's usually some floating about .