Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

42nite

Bristol Rovers Dustbin Thread

#garnerin

Garnerin was actually a French balloonist who invented the parachute so;

"Up, up and away" followed by "jump for your life"

Sounds like the perfect man for the job.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, myol'man said:

I thought this was meant as a joke but they are actually falling for it #garnerin

Wouldn't surprise me if Coppell went there for a bit in a consultancy role until the end of the season. 

It would give the fella who has never played/managed football before a bit of support and might get a few of the players on board with his ideas before he gets a summer transfer window to move players out and get some more in.

The problem is likely to be that Coppell probably won't fancy working for spare change and B&B accommodation, he might well expect proper wages and somewhere to call home.

14 hours ago, Sniper said:

This always gives me a warm glow :laugh:

A bit like when your 14 and you think your best mates hot Mum fancy's you then you realize she came out Gay 3 years ago.

Never assume anything is a cert, and never ever wear a Burgundy Sweatshirt to an away match as when you fall over you look an even bigger bell-end.

And they thought an ex-City player had saved them in that match! 

18 hours ago, One man went.... said:

Even Mansfield were taking liberties and never ran ... 🤣😂🤣

I was there, thank god Mansfield didn’t do anything , we had enough issues to deal with . Not a great day 

2 minutes ago, JulieH said:

I was there, thank god Mansfield didn’t do anything , we had enough issues to deal with . Not a great day 

Apart from the issues you faced, to us it was a great day 😂😂

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, JulieH said:

Not for you maybe, but a great day for the majority of football fans in Bristol 😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Apart from the issues you faced, to us it was a great day 😂😂

The footage didn’t seem to catch it , but on the final whistle there was a deep silence, really eerie looking back . Lots of genuine football fans deeply upset, and a few idiots that got all the publicity unfortunately 

• Haha 5

9 minutes ago, JulieH said:

The footage didn’t seem to catch it , but on the final whistle there was a deep silence, really eerie looking back . Lots of genuine football fans deeply upset, and a few idiots that got all the publicity unfortunately 

"I lived through the Thatcher years" 🤣

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, TomF said:

I’m so gutted all the RB recordings got lost on here. I had them all on an uploads folder and then pish gone. 

Computer Wiz kid, "Henbury Gas" hacking OTIB? 🤔

32 minutes ago, JulieH said:

Yes I think Mansfield looked a bit handy.. LOLOLOLOL

10 minutes ago, JulieH said:

The footage didn’t seem to catch it , but on the final whistle there was a deep silence, really eerie looking - . Lots of genuine football fans deeply upset, and a few idiots that got all the publicity unfortunately 

That moment you describe there was reality crashing through the reinforced concrete walls of lies, certainty and delusion. Decades of it. Momentarily, a (small) crowd of poorly dressed people collectively see themselves for what they really are. There is no hiding place. No delusion to escape to and bask in. At that eerie, silent moment, none of the usual lies, the bollocks, the bullshit and delusion work anymore  - all that was swept away, leaving only truth and reality. This is what we are: non-league shite.

• Like 6
  • Flames 2

4 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

That moment you describe there was reality crashing through the reinforced concrete walls of lies, certainty and delusion. Decades of it. Momentarily, a (small) crowd of poorly dressed people collectively see themselves for what they really are. There is no hiding place. No delusion to escape to and bask in. At that eerie, silent moment, none of the usual lies, the bollocks, the bullshit and delusion work anymore  - all that was swept away, leaving only truth and reality. This is what we are: non-league shite.

Positively poetically put!

Sadly, or hilariously, the delusion has returned in an even more virulent form than before. In evidence, I offer the fact that they believe what Wael tells them and that, despite the chasm between the clubs in every respect, they really think they are coming for us.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, myol'man said:

#garnerin

😬..that chair looks a bit rickety..

downloadfile.jpg

Edited by Robert the bruce
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JulieH said:

Was all City in the away end that day or so the Blue Few believe all because when Mansfield scored their supporters actually celebrated the goal!! I can only assume it was gaslogic at its finest as every other clubs supporters love the Sags and wouldn’t dream of celebrating the goal that sent them down, only them Ted’s would do such a thing.

58 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Positively poetically put!

Sadly, or hilariously, the delusion has returned in an even more virulent form than before. In evidence, I offer the fact that they believe what Wael tells them and that, despite the chasm between the clubs in every respect, they really think they are coming for us.

Exactly even if by some miracle they won all their games for the rest of the season and they got promoted and next season we were in the same division, we would still be miles ahead of them in every way in imaginable!

**** the Gas!

Hmmm, so this Garnerin geezer invented the parachute.

Parachutes are made of canvas, and so are the majority of their "stands".

Could be more to his appointment than we initially thought...

7 hours ago, myol'man said:

#garnerin

I started a cold air balloon business - but it didn’t get off the ground ...🍷

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I started a cold air balloon business - but it didn’t get off the ground ...🍷

Were you deflated about this? 🍷

3 minutes ago, reddoh said:

Were you deflated about this? 🍷

😅😄🍷- yes, but then I started a yacht-making business in my attic, sails went through the roof ...

• Haha 7

22 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

That’s Sunday League antics - how sad ...

Exactly. Do they really have to rely on intimidating tactics to try to get a win. It does seem very amateur.

No doubt teams do try and get the upper hand on eachother psychologically, I wonder if Lee’s grass measuring is a subtle way of unsettling the opposition as much as what we gain out of doing so. But to actually tell ( threaten) the opposition certainly smacks of desperation and isn’t sporting or in the spirit of the game. I wouldn’t like to think we involve ourselves in this stuff. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Wouldn't surprise me if Coppell went there for a bit in a consultancy role until the end of the season. 

It would give the fella who has never played/managed football before a bit of support and might get a few of the players on board with his ideas before he gets a summer transfer window to move players out and get some more in.

The problem is likely to be that Coppell probably won't fancy working for spare change and B&B accommodation, he might well expect proper wages and somewhere to call home.

I’d be surprised to see Coppell go somewhere and last until the end of the season..!

Not sure Rovers have a big enough youth set up to lure him in anyway..! 

• Hmmm 1

2 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Was all City in the away end that day or so the Blue Few believe all because when Mansfield scored their supporters actually celebrated the goal!! I can only assume it was gaslogic at its finest as every other clubs supporters love the Sags and wouldn’t dream of celebrating the goal that sent them down, only them Ted’s would do such a thing.

As I have previously stated a number of times, there were no city fans in the Mansfield end . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

I’d be surprised to see Coppell go somewhere and last until the end of the season..!

Not sure Rovers have a big enough youth set up to lure him in anyway..! 

p01g3h93.jpg

28 minutes ago, JulieH said:

As I have previously stated a number of times, there were no city fans in the Mansfield end . 

Except you J :clap:

1 hour ago, cider hoss rules said:

A beautiful triumvirate of results......and i bet there was at least one or 2 City fans in the Mansfield contigent.

Ivan Toney and John Marquis playing for Northampton? Chris Wilder as their manager? Wonder what became of him....

5 hours ago, JulieH said:

Whoosh!

16 hours ago, JulieH said:

Football fans? At the Mem? Really? 

They're at the wrong place if they like footy 🤔

26 minutes ago, JulieH said:

Very good point, although I was technically stood on the pitch ! 😂

Were you one of the lucky ones who got to club a Fewer on the noggin?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Were you one of the lucky ones who got to club a Fewer on the noggin?

I'm sure this was discussed previously, let's just say Julie had a few extra supporters afterwards

C9A4BD55-ADBC-4A54-B4DF-77819D90E579.thumb.jpeg.45c6a4882f11b477f0dfd93b2a1718d5.jpeg

Yet they continue to wonder why we are light years ahead of them :facepalm:

As a fanbase they’ve got exactly the club they deserve (a very shit one)

6 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

C9A4BD55-ADBC-4A54-B4DF-77819D90E579.thumb.jpeg.45c6a4882f11b477f0dfd93b2a1718d5.jpeg

I’m with that guy! Let them both keep on at it, at least for another 4/5 seasons at the current rate....

6 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Changing indeed.

Yes, I reckon the Mem will have a change of use within 5 years. The fruit market, on the other hand, will still be a fruit market. 

45 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Changing indeed.

Yes, I reckon the Mem will have a change of use within 5 years. The fruit market, on the other hand, will still be a fruit market. 

Are they going to start playing football there?

• Haha 1

On 03/02/2020 at 19:29, RedM said:

Exactly. Do they really have to rely on intimidating tactics to try to get a win. It does seem very amateur.

No doubt teams do try and get the upper hand on eachother psychologically, I wonder if Lee’s grass measuring is a subtle way of unsettling the opposition as much as what we gain out of doing so. But to actually tell ( threaten) the opposition certainly smacks of desperation and isn’t sporting or in the spirit of the game. I wouldn’t like to think we involve ourselves in this stuff. 

Especially when trying to pass off not winning in 11 games as being a transition period whilst trying to improve playing style..! 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

“Changing” from 3 defeats in 20 odd games, to no wins in 11..? 
Got to love “change”..! 

1 hour ago, CotswoldRed said:

Changing indeed.

Yes; the Fruit Market will still be full of fruit and the memorial ground will still be full of vegetables, that is until it's turned into a town village green with a protection order on the ground and gates preventing any further development, and we'll all live happily ever after.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5