Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

42nite

Bristol Rovers Dustbin Thread

On 27/02/2020 at 15:32, BanburyRed said:

She was my absolute fave back in the day!

Image of Maria Whittaker Maria Whittaker, Tina Louise, Blue One Piece, Pin Up Models, Glamour

A couple of reasons not to have loved the '80s!

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, bert tann said:

When you're hoping that the rainforest campaigners turn from green to royal blue
And your finances fail but the Al Qadi’s say they won't pull you through
Don't put on any airs when you are down and out on Filton Avenue
Because those hijabed women they can really make a mess outta you

(With apologies to Mr Bob Dylan)

Just Like Tom Stanton's Blues (havin that, Miah? )

Edited by slartibartfast

On 27/02/2020 at 15:56, Vincent Vega said:

Better off with Dianne Abbott imo.

At least she'd make the maths add up, no money = new stadium

Post image

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

49 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

And they have come back with.....

54B25B90-7485-493E-8CC4-C97FFCB27F94.jpeg

The last time College Green saw crowds like that must of been the summer of 1976,can’t remember why though😀.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, RedEd73 said:

Nice to see that a teenage girl from Sweden had pulled in more people today than the Gash ever have! 

15000 attendance apparently....probably have to go back about 40 years the last time the gas had a crowd that size 😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, weepywall said:

15000 attendance apparently....probably have to go back about 40 years the last time the gas had a crowd that size 😂😂

Pitch was a swamp mind

• Like 1

15 hours ago, weepywall said:

The radio said police estimates were 20k & organiser estimates nearly 30k

With all the road closures (yes, I’m aware it was supposed to disrupt, to gain exposure) and police recourses - it could have just be held in Ashton Gate, with her speaking from the pitch (if they bought their own PA system!) 

If it had been at the Mem, the car park would have never been so full. Even on open air cinema day..! 

1 hour ago, East End Old Boy said:

“Organiser estimates”? Yeah right, two school kids! 🤣

Organisers will always go on the heaviest possible prediction, understandably. 
In fairness, it was packed (I didn’t attend but was in the area)

College Green, the centre and most of Park Street were heaving. I could hear the cheers and roars from the crowd quite clearly on Whiteladies Road. 

4 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I could hear the cheers and roars from the crowd quite clearly on Whiteladies Road. 

Was that the moment old Red Trousers stumbled and fell face-first into the mud?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, East End Old Boy said:

“Organiser estimates”? Yeah right, two school kids! 🤣

One news reporter (Sky?) said the crowd was somewhere between 10,000 and 30,000.

Bit of wide spread there.  I reckon he knew/believe the organisers' estimates were well exaggerated.

Did they commission a SAG die-hard to help them come up with these figures? If so, they forgot to mention the 20,000 who were locked out.

Happy Birthday Scott Golbourne, 32 today, hopefully celebrating a win at the final whistle after enduring 90 minutes of "sheeetead, sheeetead" chants.

• Like 1

Booking

Posted at 87'

Jason Cummings (Shrewsbury Town) is shown the yellow card.

Substitution

Posted at 86'

Substitution, Shrewsbury Town. Kayne Ramsay replaces Jason Cummings.

8 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

has A manager ever joined a club and done so badly? Weren’t they top 4 when he came in and then won 1 since 😂 couldn’t make it up!

I looked into this before Gentle Ben won his first match for them. I couldn't find a record of worst start for manager or longest wait for first win. 

The only high profile, long running car crash of a managerial career was Paul Jewel at Derby who won his first match on joining the club but it was an FA Cup game and only won on penalties, and then he didn't record a league win until 10 months later. 

I believe Rovers owners don't give the furry crack of a rats ass anymore and getting out is their focus now. 

Somebody on Gaschat is not a happy bunny;

“Never been a happy clapper,nor one of the boo boys but today was the first time in my 25 -30 years of supporting the gas that I left a game early (in the 70th min mark after the goal)...and Im 38 years old.

I was stood there in the blackthrone in a truely sh** stadium,going to the toilet while standing in overflowing piss from the toilets watching awlful,noooooo ******* shocking football.

We are heading back to the national league.The progress DC gave our club after 2014 for 2/3 years has been lost and we are a complete mess again.No wonder GC walked!!!!

We are safe this year,but we will 100% finish rock bottom of L1 in May 2021.

Before anyone calls me un loyal etc..get a grip.My uncle played for us in the 1960s,Ive been a fan for nearly 30 years.Spent £1,000's on watching us both home and away through the years, another £40 today... but now this club is taking the piss!!

It will be a long time before Im back supporting blindly with just pure hope until we make proper changes.“

• Haha 3

23 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

“Never been a happy clapper,nor one of the boo boys but today was the first time in my 25 -30 years of supporting the gas that I left a game early (in the 70th min mark after the goal)...and Im 38 years old.

I was stood there in the blackthrone in a truely sh** stadium,going to the toilet while standing in overflowing piss from the toilets watching awlful,noooooo ******* shocking football.

We are heading back to the national league.The progress DC gave our club after 2014 for 2/3 years has been lost and we are a complete mess again.No wonder GC walked!!!!

Before anyone calls me un loyal etc..get a grip.My uncle played for us in the 1960s,Ive been a fan for nearly 30 years.Spent £1,000's on watching us both home and away through the years, another £40 today... but now this club is taking the piss!!

It will be a long time before Im back supporting blindly with just pure hope until we make proper changes.“

Standing in piss taking the piss what a total piss take

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Would this be the guy who's suspended from the boardroom and has an injuction against him?

Not sure. Would of thought so though. What a tangled web they weave 

Edited by steviestevieneville

30 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Surely it can't be that much to watch them?  He's having the piss taken well and truly.  Hasn't he heard about the 'ticket through the fence' scam?

1 hour ago, BanburyRed said:

Surely it can't be that much to watch them?  He's having the piss taken well and truly.  Hasn't he heard about the 'ticket through the fence' scam?

I’m pretty sure that that figure is including him taking into account a fake Fanta and packet of out of date crisps. 
Probably a pint whilst watching babe station as well. 

Edited by Bar BS3

1 minute ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Good to see the greatest, most loyal fans on the Planet getting right behind their manager on Slagchat. 

Hypocrites. 

Under 7k again.

L1 club L2 support.

League 2 support ! 
They’re the bestest supporters in the world . I’ll tell you something. If they played in the streets they’d watch them from the pavements and no mistake, it’s what they do. I know this because I’ve got gas mates and they told me . They’re not liars you know 

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, pongo88 said:

"I was stood there in the blackthrone" 

Proper gas speak that.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

The radio said police estimates were 20k & organiser estimates nearly 30k

With all the road closures (yes, I’m aware it was supposed to disrupt, to gain exposure) and police recourses - it could have just be held in Ashton Gate, with her speaking from the pitch (if they bought their own PA system!) 

If it had been at the Mem, the car park would have never been so full. Even on open air cinema day..! 

AG probably wouldn't have been appropriate, given its owner pops to the shops in his helicopter. 

• Haha 2

On 27/02/2020 at 15:33, Ska Junkie said:

I was a 'Linda' man myself, absolutely gorgeous. The puppies helped as well. 🤗

Ahem, 'according to friends', she can be found doing things Beverley Goodway would've blushed at on certain websites

• Hmmm 1

Will the gas be hosting PSG, Monaco, Marseille & Bordeaux etc in future?

To combat the spread of coronavirus, the French have decided to have a maximum of just 5,000 attending any gatherings or sporting events.

Given the declining attendances at the Mem, Rovers will be the first to adopt this measure.