Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

42nite

Bristol Rovers Dustbin Thread

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Libertine1 said:

A lot of teams in recent years have had successive promotions from non-league to League One. Seems to be one of the easier leagues to get out of.

To be fair.

Its fair to say if you can't get playoffs in league two,how bad are you??...and seventh is good enough..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, howey_ducky said:

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/6511/years-time-talk-bristol-rovers

It can't be scripted, they just keep on giving.

My personal favourites 

"Think it was said around the time they announced plans for ashton vale. Well, people are talking about us worldwide now!!"

and

"Our bloke got his own bank so AV a bit of that Lansdown!!"

 

They're a brilliant bunch.  Long live the gas.

Well SL was basically right as when (if) they ever move to the UWE Bristol Rovers will never be spoken of again, as they will surely use their new name of South Gloucestershire Rovers.

Obviously when they finally go bust, no-one will ever speak of them again anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, howey_ducky said:

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/6511/years-time-talk-bristol-rovers

It can't be scripted, they just keep on giving.

My personal favourites 

"Think it was said around the time they announced plans for ashton vale. Well, people are talking about us worldwide now!!"

and

"Our bloke got his own bank so AV a bit of that Lansdown!!"

 

They're a brilliant bunch.  Long live the gas.

I got me own car, doesn't make me Lewis Hamilton.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, howey_ducky said:

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/6511/years-time-talk-bristol-rovers

It can't be scripted, they just keep on giving.

My personal favourites 

"Think it was said around the time they announced plans for ashton vale. Well, people are talking about us worldwide now!!"

 

9x2oY-30X935RL0auDmf2ggwsZrFvnYefLHEmPL9

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Well SL was basically right as when (if) they ever move to the UWE Bristol Rovers will never be spoken of again, as they will surely use their new name of South Gloucestershire Rovers.

Obviously when they finally go bust, no-one will ever speak of them again anyway.

Once Rag-Ass Rovers ...... always Rag-Ass Rovers for me...... Cheers Cotts :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why is it that when we get a bit of success Bristol Rovers' name is barely mentioned, if at all? But when the richest club in the world gets a bit of success then the only hot-topic is Bristol City?

Tis all terribly strange.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And also; does a season high sell-out crowd of just over 10,000 in a promotion chasing season compare favourably to your neighbour's relagation threatened season where the lowest attendance was just over 15,000?

Tis all terribly strange

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And also; why, when Bristol Rovers achieved planning permission to redevelop the Memorial Stadium in 2007, are they still at the Memorial Stadium with no redevelopment or new stadium in sight and have they still not overtaken Bristol City leaving us trailing in their wake?

Tis all terribly strange

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, redfred said:

And also; if you are the richest club in the world, why do you need external investment to build a £20m stadium?

Tis all terribly strange

Skint-620x330.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Maybe....Even so, I still think he's a dopey, squeaky little nob.

Print that bastard.

Yep.

He may have turned it round on the pitch but in contrast to say, Trollope, is so devoid of class ("how did that mob up the road get on? Happy days") as to always be completely obnoxious.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

 

Quote

"Think it was said around the time they announced plans for ashton vale. Well, people are talking about us worldwide now!!"

 

Yeh you're right.

Even inhabitants in the remotest parts of Timbucktu, Irian Jaya, Patagonia and Borneo think you're just a bunch of deluded, in-bred morons.

Next you'll be telling us that members of the Intergalactic Federation and the Spiritual Hierarchy have nothing more important to discuss than Sagarama.

Compared to you lot Dumb and Dumber are Einsteins.

 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16 March 2016 at 16:52, SDBS36 said:

A gas mate already bragging that didn't matter, UWE will be built and the plans will be for a bigger stadium than AG

Ha Ha  Deluded or What

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, redfred said:

Surely you meant to post a picture of a bottomless pit of Jordanian money?......

I think Glyn`s trying to show what Wally`s fortune looks like when it`s converted to proper money.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another totally clueless post from Sagchat.....

in 2009 Bristol City were 10th in the Championship and he sold shares in his Company to invest over £40 miillion in the club and its new ground. 1n 2016 after investing his money , they are 19th in the Championship and they have a ground which may have been spruced up very well but is in every respect an old fashioned set up. The infrastructure remains unchanged with poor vehicular access and inadequate parking. The facilities are such that its main source of income is only ever going to be football. A modern football stadium needs to move with the times and become multi-fuctional.

I love the way they say 'spruced up' as if the grounds just had a coat of paint :) Ashton gate is a proper football ground, we have an abundance of pubs around the ground and we are still playing at our ancestral home... There is an atmosphere present as is true with all proper football grounds and totally the opposite for the new soulless bowl type blue print that see's different grounds up and down the country with the only difference being the colour of the seats or a Homebase or B and Q.....The Jealousy is enormous bless them..

Ill take Our home over any of them thank you!!
 

Edited by KeepUpLino
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

 

 

 

I'm pretty sure UWE will be built now. Can't see it being bigger than AG though. I'm sure the original capacity was chosen by NH as 21,700, because pre-redevelopment your capacity was 21,490. There is room for a second tier taking it to about 26,000 and potential for a third to take it to 35,000. Can't see Wael trying to cram in an extra 1,001 seats just to play our ground's bigger than yours. Doesn't seem to be his style.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, weeble said:

I'm pretty sure UWE will be built now. Can't see it being bigger than AG though. I'm sure the original capacity was chosen by NH as 21,700, because pre-redevelopment your capacity was 21,490. There is room for a second tier taking it to about 26,000 and potential for a third to take it to 35,000. Can't see Wael trying to cram in an extra 1,001 seats just to play our ground's bigger than yours. Doesn't seem to be his style.

 

 

In all Honesty 21,700 is far to big for you guy's... 26,000 would be ridiculous!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, weeble said:

I'm pretty sure UWE will be built now. Can't see it being bigger than AG though. I'm sure the original capacity was chosen by NH as 21,700, because pre-redevelopment your capacity was 21,490. There is room for a second tier taking it to about 26,000 and potential for a third to take it to 35,000. Can't see Wael trying to cram in an extra 1,001 seats just to play our ground's bigger than yours. Doesn't seem to be his style.

 

 

So Wael's "style" is what? Having no real money to pay for it?

If you had the Camp Nou as your ground you'd still say it was too small.

Worry about the Emperors New Clothes paying for it before how many seats you'll need. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

Another totally clueless post from Sagchat.....

in 2009 Bristol City were 10th in the Championship and he sold shares in his Company to invest over £40 miillion in the club and its new ground. 1n 2016 after investing his money , they are 19th in the Championship and they have a ground which may have been spruced up very well but is in every respect an old fashioned set up. The infrastructure remains unchanged with poor vehicular access and inadequate parking. The facilities are such that its main source of income is only ever going to be football. A modern football stadium needs to move with the times and become multi-fuctional.

I love the way they say 'spruced up' as if the grounds just had a coat of paint :) Ashton gate is a proper football ground, we have an abundance of pubs around the ground and we are still playing at our ancestral home... There is an atmosphere present as is true with all proper football grounds and totally the opposite for the new soulless bowl type blue print that see's different grounds up and down the country with the only difference being the colour of the seats or a Homebase or B and Q.....The Jealousy is enormous bless them..

Ill take Our home over any of them thank you!!
 

And there was me thinking that the Sags were the 'peoples club' who wouldn't break the old traditions... never sell out :blink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 'keepuplino' said:

Another totally clueless post from Sagchat.....

in 2009 Bristol City were 10th in the Championship and he sold shares in his Company to invest over £40 miillion in the club and its new ground. 1n 2016 after investing his money , they are 19th in the Championship and they have a ground which may have been spruced up very well but is in every respect an old fashioned set up. The infrastructure remains unchanged with poor vehicular access and inadequate parking. The facilities are such that its main source of income is only ever going to be football. A modern football stadium needs to move with the times and become multi-fuctional.

I love the way they say 'spruced up' as if the grounds just had a coat of paint :) Ashton gate is a proper football ground, we have an abundance of pubs around the ground and we are still playing at our ancestral home... There is an atmosphere present as is true with all proper football grounds and totally the opposite for the new soulless bowl type blue print that see's different grounds up and down the country with the only difference being the colour of the seats or a Homebase or B and Q.....The Jealousy is enormous bless them..

Ill take Our home over any of them thank you!!
 

The infrastructure remains unchanged with poor vehicular access and inadequate parking.

That could describe Anfield, Goodison, White Hart Lane or Chelsea etc, surely they are not suggesting that their school sports ground will be better than those grounds just because they have a car park?  

The facilities are such that its main source of income is only ever going to be football. A modern football stadium needs to move with the times and become multi-fuctional.

Have they not seen the facilities that are already available and will only increase once the West Stand is finished? They are the epitome of what a modern multi functional stadium should provide. Their facilities will be difficult to access during term time, due to traffic and parking restrictions.

Edited by Port Said Red
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, weeble said:

I'm pretty sure UWE will be built now. Can't see it being bigger than AG though. I'm sure the original capacity was chosen by NH as 21,700, because pre-redevelopment your capacity was 21,490. There is room for a second tier taking it to about 26,000 and potential for a third to take it to 35,000. Can't see Wael trying to cram in an extra 1,001 seats just to play our ground's bigger than yours. Doesn't seem to be his style.

 

 

Wael is as deluded as the fans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

The infrastructure remains unchanged with poor vehicular access and inadequate parking.

That could describe Anfield, Goodison, White Hart Lane or Chelsea etc, surely they are not suggesting that their school sports ground will be better than those grounds just because they have a car park?  

The facilities are such that its main source of income is only ever going to be football. A modern football stadium needs to move with the times and become multi-fuctional.

Have they not seen the facilities that are already available and will only increase once the West Stand is finished? They are the epitome of what a modern multi functional stadium should provide. Their facilities will be difficult to ask during term time, due to traffic and parking restrictions.

Exactly this ^^^

Aren't we also holding 4 concerts a year and building a Hotel on the wicks site?.... 

One thing that is blatantly clear about Rovers fans and this has been the case for quite some time is that they only see what they want to see and choose to ignore the blatantly obvious!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

Exactly this ^^^

Aren't we also holding 4 concerts a year and building a Hotel on the wicks site?.... 

One thing that is blatantly clear about Rovers fans and this has been the case for quite some time is that they only see what they want to see and choose to ignore the blatantly obvious!!

The facilities, once your redevelopment is complete, will be excellent. Some Rovers fans will know this and refuse to acknowledge it simply because you are the 'other lot'. You can see plenty examples of City fans holding similar anti-Rovers views (not surprisingly on a City forum) on this thread.

As far as I'm concerned, the better facilities the Greater Bristol area has for sport, and infrastructure in general, the better.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

The infrastructure remains unchanged with poor vehicular access and inadequate parking.

That could describe Anfield, Goodison, White Hart Lane or Chelsea etc, surely they are not suggesting that their school sports ground will be better than those grounds just because they have a car park?  

The facilities are such that its main source of income is only ever going to be football. A modern football stadium needs to move with the times and become multi-fuctional.

Have they not seen the facilities that are already available and will only increase once the West Stand is finished? They are the epitome of what a modern multi functional stadium should provide. Their facilities will be difficult to access during term time, due to traffic and parking restrictions.

I'm glad we've redeveloped rather than move to a place in the middle of nowhere with no chance of a pre match pint in a decent pub

Give me that over MK Dons where your choice is either Frankie and Bennys or TGI Fridays

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More delusion; http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/6521/nomads

We have played at eastville, twerton and the mem and have probably acquired fans from all of these areas. With a move to uwe around the corner we will be moving to another area of the city and more than likely attracting fans from there. Also students who while studying at uwe I'm sure will be interested in watching a few games. Our fan base around the city and beyond will be growing all the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 22A said:

More delusion; http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/6521/nomads

We have played at eastville, twerton and the mem and have probably acquired fans from all of these areas. With a move to uwe around the corner we will be moving to another area of the city and more than likely attracting fans from there. Also students who while studying at uwe I'm sure will be interested in watching a few games. Our fan base around the city and beyond will be growing all the time.

The whole student thing is a big myth my opinion. My university has a link with Charlton Athletic but no many go to games because they are either busy on weekends (normally hungover) or see their own teams. I've been to one or two games don't get me wrong, but I've probably only contributed about £20 to the club due to their cheap ticket prices. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, sglosbcfc said:

Ground capacity will be 27,000 next season. I am assuming that 'football capacity' will be more like 25,000 due to segregation. There are loads of variables like night games, atrocious weather, poor form etc but all things being equal we should attract 25,000 gates for Cardiff, Newcastle, Aston Villa and possibly QPR, Derby and Forest. Not sure we'll reach 25,000 for the mighty Burton Albion.

2,000 seats lost to segregation?! That's half the Atyeo gone! Surely no more than a few hundred.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Hello said:

Serious point, do you think the reduced AG capacity would have enticed fans to get STs and bump up the attendance in the event that if you had a good season they wouldnt be scrabbling for tickets.

How many STs did you sell out of interest?

This is an interesting point and there may be some truth in it. However, as a member rather than STH, in my experience just being a member has been enough to guarantee a ticket even this season. This is proven by the fact that all of our matches have, I believe, reached general sale, rather than sold out to members.

Since membership is a no-brainier for any fan attending more than 2 or 3 games, this does also suggest that we might not see that big an increase in attendance next season. Perhaps some STH will drop down to member level next season with the pressure on availability now gone.

I expect us to average around 16-17k unless we are pushing for promotion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 22A said:

More delusion; http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/6521/nomads

We have played at eastville, twerton and the mem and have probably acquired fans from all of these areas. With a move to uwe around the corner we will be moving to another area of the city and more than likely attracting fans from there. Also students who while studying at uwe I'm sure will be interested in watching a few games. Our fan base around the city and beyond will be growing all the time.

They've picked up fans from Eastville, Twerton and the Memorial? 

So that's why they sell out every game then.

Edited by Libertine1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 22A said:

More delusion; http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/6521/nomads

We have played at eastville, twerton and the mem and have probably acquired fans from all of these areas. With a move to uwe around the corner we will be moving to another area of the city and more than likely attracting fans from there. Also students who while studying at uwe I'm sure will be interested in watching a few games. Our fan base around the city and beyond will be growing all the time.

They may attract zoology students doing "field research" I suppose...

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

They may attract zoology students doing "field research" I suppose...

I would imagine the anthropology ones would like to maybe carry out a study on the effects of inbreeding too.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A gentleman on the Bristol Post website used to post regularly about the insufficient revenue generation potential from the proposed UWE Stadium facilities and how the plan was flawed due to duplication of facilities which were already well established on the Frenchay campus. His words appear to be prophetic because it is proving extremely difficult to interest financiers in the project. What may be required is a cash injection from a local businessman with experience of the construction industry who has recently received an unexpected cash windfall ?

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, bert tann said:

A gentleman on the Bristol Post website used to post regularly about the insufficient revenue generation potential from the proposed UWE Stadium facilities and how the plan was flawed due to duplication of facilities which were already well established on the Frenchay campus. His words appear to be prophetic because it is proving extremely difficult to interest financiers in the project. What may be required is a cash injection from a local businessman with experience of the construction industry who has recently received an unexpected cash windfall ?

I think you'll find his newly acquired fortune will be staying firmly in his back pocket now Bert !! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, 22A said:

More delusion; http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/6521/nomads

We have played at eastville, twerton and the mem and have probably acquired fans from all of these areas. With a move to uwe around the corner we will be moving to another area of the city and more than likely attracting fans from there. Also students who while studying at uwe I'm sure will be interested in watching a few games. Our fan base around the city and beyond will be growing all the time.

Like students would want to splash out £30 to watch that lot

£30 is a jolly good party for a student!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Libertine1 said:

They've picked up fans from Eastville, Twerton and the Memorial? 

So that's why they sell out every game then.

Not just that, I can't understand the logic in assuming a new ground 10 mins drive from the old ground would make much difference in appealing to a whole new group of people. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Not just that, I can't understand the logic in assuming a new ground 10 mins drive from the old ground would make much difference in appealing to a whole new group of people. 

 

Gas Logic. Scientists have been trying to do the maths on that for decades and still non the wiser. It's one of life's great predicaments.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Cotham Brow Red said:

Gas Logic. Scientists have been trying to do the maths on that for decades and still non the wiser. It's one of life's great predicaments.

I actually took Advanced Gasonometry as an option at college. I don't remember all of it but a typical question was:

Away Games:

3,000 travelling gasheads arrive at Wycombe (three part question, 12 points available)

a) If the away capacity is 2,500 how many fans are locked out, and how many is this reported as being in the Bristol Evening Post (2 points each, 4 points in total)

b) How many police horses will be punched after the game if (i) Rovers win (ii) the game is drawn (iii) Wycombe win (1 point each, bonus point if all three answers are correct, 4 points in total)

c) How many sheeds will have been in the home end if  (i) Rovers win (ii) the game is drawn (iii) Wycombe win (1 point each, bonus point if all three answers are correct, 4 points in total)

  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cotham Brow Red said:

25*(AGas-(BGas*Lies/LockOut)

_______________________________

(TedRatio-Horse)/(5-Wycombe)

= 20,647,653

Am I right? :blink::facepalm:

Yes, were you the clever bloke at the back then?

I never quite got non-Euclidean gas funding models, something about hyper-leverage and a million becoming a billion in a very strong gravitational field.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Yes, were you the clever bloke at the back then?

I never quite got non-Euclidean gas funding models, something about hyper-leverage and a million becoming a billion in a very strong gravitational field.

That`s now been disproved by the latest research at CERN. Apparently the strong gravitational field theory was flawed and it turns out that when you factor in string theory the million is actually worth the square root of **** all. Professor Brian Cox is going to do a programme on it for `Made In Bristol`.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...