Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Bristol Rovers Dustbin Thread

14 hours ago, In the Net said:

Didn't realise there was a time embargo on what could be mentioned, rather strange as this conversation started by a poster stating that Gasheads are scum, due to something that happened in 1982!

To be honest, we could both compile lengthy lists of wrong doings, by both our own, (if we're being truthful), and the other club's "supporters".  Just a vacuous willy waving contest really. 

In fairness you would beat us there with the length if your list. 

1 hour ago, Cider_boy said:

Just saw a bit of Sunderland v Charlton on sky. 

The gas still seem to think they are a big fish in their pond, god knows what they will think when they visit the stadium of light. They will still some how delude themselves that they are a big club.

Amazingly, Rovers have the upper hand over Sunderland historically. Their record being P-27, W-10, D-8, L-9.

However, the last of those wins was in 1992, and they haven't faced each other in a League game since January 1993. (They had a League Cup game in 2000, must have qualified that year).

Considering they haven't played Sunderland in almost 2 decades, and not played them in the league for over 25 years, they should  take a decent sized following.

And if they do, then that will lead to their standard "look how huge we are, we took 600 to Sunderland!"

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Quote from Slagchat today. Seems like they want another tent 😀

Doidge scoring for fun today - surely the Harrison and Bodin funds should go towards a marquee signing or are we in for a winter of discontent?

Not only will it be a tad chilly in one of there numerous ‘marquees’ they’ll be shagged if the wind picks up 🌪

Peterborough got their League One campaign off to a winning start thanks to a 2-1 triumph over Bristol Rovers.

Two of the nine debutants to feature in Steve Evans' new-look starting line-up - another two later arrived as substitutes - provided the goals in the first half at the ABAX Stadium.

Former Stevenage frontman Matt Godden opened his account for the club inside the first minute with a fine header from Jason Naismith's terrific cross from the right.

And the advantage doubled in the 26th minute with another headed goal as towering ex-Dundee midfielder Mark O'Hara classily steered in a delivery from left-back

ColinDaniel.gif.aea866eead84de5982dae32d69805f9a.gif

• Like 8
  • Haha 4
2 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Quote from Slagchat today. Seems like they want another tent 😀

Doidge scoring for fun today - surely the Harrison and Bodin funds should go towards a marquee signing or are we in for a winter of discontent?

So................a marquee(sic) signing would be someone from FGR, I see.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Listened to DC on the Twentystone phone-in driving home and thought it the most thinly veiled  'resignation speech' since Glumsden at Ipswich. "We work hard all week, prepare, then they go and do that...basic errors,....it's not acceptable....there were no positives...but I select the players and give them the game plan and if they play like that I'm to blame."

Short of ' Go on, sack me' sounded to me like he'd had enough.

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Listened to DC on the Twentystone phone-in driving home and thought it the most thinly veiled  'resignation speech' since Glumsden at Ipswich. "We work hard all week, prepare, then they go and do that...basic errors,....it's not acceptable....there were no positives...but I select the players and give them the game plan and if they play like that I'm to blame."

Typical of him to slag off his players - remember they were all bog standard last season according to him - then stick in the bit about being to blame, which he clearly doesn't mean.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, BTRFTG said:

He's un sackable. They could not afford the compensation package, they're hoping someone comes to get him and pay them compensation, then they'll appoint Marcus Stewart on the same money and a short contract. The trouble is, with the reduced quality available to him, he's struggling to produce good enough performances to attract another club.