Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

Bristol Rovers Dustbin Thread

The more I think about this the better the news is.  If all goes to plan, the horse punchers will be out of Bristol, they will have sold out to a foreign investor that doesn't care at all about them or the area and we will all get to laugh when it goes belly up in (at most) a couple of years. 

4 minutes ago, cynic said:

They were looking at League 1 and 2 clubs.

Wonder why ?....

And therein lies why this really does seem to me to be the latest instalment of our regular gifts.

Edited by Guest
3 hours ago, Hello said:

Apparently some presser at around half one

As a Gashead, i am wary and interested and excited 

I have never been one to knock SL. This is the world of football now. Your  struggles for want of a better word and the demands to stay in the championship require money even for the lowest spending clubs with wages and transfer seemingly increasing all the time.

I for one hipe this is a positive for us and for you guys as well. I would rather see both clubs battling each other in the championship or Prem than what we have had for too long

Good Afternoon Mr Parker,

I laughed (there, but for the grace of God) when you descended to the conference, but agree with the highlighted words above. 

• TomF changed the title to Sell Out Rovers
4 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

If true, has this all come about due to that seemingly ridiculous article/advert a Rovers' supporting journalist had published in a Middle Eastern newspaper extolling their 'virtues' and absurdly saying what a fantastic club they'd be to take over?

I remember this was on here with the newspaper headline and full story.

Be good to read it again. 

Does anyone have a link to it? :dunno:

5 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

My overriding view of that presser was Hamer wanted in on a club and used his contacts to fund a takeover. There would be no other reason why he's involved otherwise..

Its going to be intresting, but I'm thinking more paul risdale then the glazers

35 minutes ago, Super said:

A bit about the Al-Qadi Families business:

ABDULKADER AL-QADI FAMILY

PROMINENT INDIVIDUALS: Abdulkader Abdullah al-Qadi, Chairman of the Arab Jordan Investment Bank PLC (AJIB), Hani Abdulkader al-Qadi, AJIB CEO and General Manager.

MAIN SECTORS: Banking and tourism.

WHY THEY MATTER: With its takeover of HSBC’s assets in Jordan, AJIB has become a banking force to be reckoned with.

Abdulkader Abdullah al-Qadi started his career in Qatar, where he acted as a financial adviser to senior officials. He then came back to Jordan to establish the Arab Jordan Investment Bank (AJIB) in 1978. 

AJIB has a banking arm based in Qatar, the Arab Jordan Investment Bank (Qatar) L.L.C., which was founded in 2006 to serve clients in the Gulf region. It also has two subsidiaries; the United Arab Jordan Company for Investment and Financial Brokerage and the Arab Advisors Group, a research and consulting company.

Abdulkader al-Qadi is a main shareholder with 17.6 percent. His sons—Hani, Samer, and Wael—are also prominent shareholders with combined shares of 13.5 percent. The bank’s growing importance in Jordan’s banking sector is clear with the list of shareholders including the Libyan Foreign Bank (12.79 percent), the Arab Investment Company (10.25 percent), Sheikh Hamad bin Jassim bin Jaber Al Thani (9 percent), and Jordan’s Social Security Corporation (4 percent).

AJIB’s investment capabilities have contributed to its growth locally and regionally. A major new $1.2 billion deal to acquire HSBC bank’s assets in Jordan proved the bank is a powerhouse and a force to be reckoned with.  

Following the agreement, AJIB decided to raise the bank’s capital to JD150 million, from JD100 million. Under the takeover plan, which is due to be completed by May-June of this year, AJIB will take on HSBC’s 36,000 retail and 2,000 corporate customers, as well as most of the bank’s 250 full-time employees. 

Commenting on the deal, Hani al-Qadi said the acquisition was part of AJIB’s growth strategy, and the business acquired complemented the bank’s existing product line and consolidated its market share in the Jordanian market.

Abdulkader al-Qadi and his sons are also major shareholders in the Mediterranean Tourism Investment company which owns the lavish Four Seasons Hotel Amman. Abdulkader al-Qadi is the company’s chairman.