Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

Bristol Rovers Dustbin Thread

I honestly don't get the absolute love-in that the 15ers have with DC.

He's the only manager in their entire history to get them relegated out of the Football League. Yes, he got them back up again, and then promoted again, but he was well on his way to returning them to the bottom tier when he got sacked. 

So, basically, in four and a half years, he got them from League Two to almost certainly being back there next year. And he's their greatest ever manager? 🤔🤨

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
10 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Will never be able to thank that bloke enough.

This hurts worse than any breakup I’ve had!

UTDC

Ha ha ha . He must of been out with some right snorters . :laughcont:

He probably means when Vinyl Vera or Polythene Pam deflate.....

• Haha 1
23 minutes ago, El Hombrecito said:

He's the only manager in their entire history to get them relegated out of the Football League. Yes, he got them back up again, and then promoted again, but he was well on his way to returning them to the bottom tier when he got sacked. 

So, basically, in four and a half years, he got them from League Two to almost certainly being back there next year. And he's their greatest ever manager? 🤔🤨

I'm not sufficiently qulified to judge his coaching abilities but his honesty and the way the defeats hurt him even more than the fans would have endeared him to the fan base.

Sean O'Driscoll's "stupid question" dismissiveness or LJ's buzzword babble ("clutch and flow", "DNA") makes them seem out of touch with the average fan.

I think DC would have been very popular here for the same reasons he was at Rovers. 

To be clear I am neither saying that he is a good manager or that I want him here; just that he would have been popular with the fans.

• Like 3
  • Hmmm 1
35 minutes ago, El Hombrecito said:

#gaslogic

50 minutes ago, El Hombrecito said:

Actually he's not the only manager to get them relegated out of the football league. They finished bottom of the third division south in 1939 which meant they were effectively out of the league and had to be re-elected. Gasheads should be reminded that they have now joined the league three times!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
25 minutes ago, myol'man said:

All hail King Darrell   :gasmask:

let's hope the next clown provides as much entertainment

dc.JPG

22 minutes ago, phantom said:

I just realised I know someone in that picture

Which is it: Kathy Beale, Nick Hancock, Jimmy Somerville, Simon Day (the Fast Show), Darrel, Gary Johnson or Raoul Moat?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
53 minutes ago, Southstandoriginal said:

Actually he's not the only manager to get them relegated out of the football league. They finished bottom of the third division south in 1939 which meant they were effectively out of the league and had to be re-elected. Gasheads should be reminded that they have now joined the league three times!

So it is true that Hitler saved them from the drop

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Southstandoriginal said:

The year hitler kept them up 

1 hour ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I'm not sufficiently qulified to judge his coaching abilities but his honesty and the way the defeats hurt him even more than the fans would have endeared him to the fan base.

Sean O'Driscoll's "stupid question" dismissiveness or LJ's buzzword babble ("clutch and flow", "DNA") makes them seem out of touch with the average fan.

I think DC would have been very popular here for the same reasons he was at Rovers. 

To be clear I am neither saying that he is a good manager or that I want him here; just that he would have been popular with the fans.

You greatly underestimate your fellow reds I'm afraid .

:disapointed2se:

• Like 2
59 minutes ago, 29AR said:

A turning point in his popularity was 'how did they get on, happy days'; 'print that' etc... ironic then that they are calling out SC for being disrespectful

That is them in a nutshell though.

Clarke does that and it is "legendary" and "what a top bloke"

Wael tweets about us paying for Taylor and it was "brilliant p1ss taking"

Wolves manger in the stands celebrating was "superb and funny"

Windass love in and classing him as one of them is also "legendary and great"

Jon Lansdown tweets the "asking for a friend" and it is "ridiculous and disrespectful"

Plymouth boss takes the pee out of them and they want the FA on him and a ban

We want to present a bottle to Sir Colin Daniel and that is "disgraceful"

It is like it is one rule for them and one for anyone else. Always someone to blame except themselves, they all need to have a good look in the mirror and get a grip on reality.

4 hours ago, myol'man said:

So it is true that Hitler saved them from the drop

Yes. I’ve wound them up about it before . You lot wouldn’t even be here if hitler hadn’t invaded Poland . They get a bit touchy about that because believe it or not. They like to spout about 1982 but when you tell them about 1939 they know nothing about it . 🙄

• Like 1