Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

Bristol Rovers Dustbin Thread


Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, Malago said:

Just because they're paranoid it doesn't mean that we're not out to get them.

Perhaps it's true that SL does have a cunning plan to shut them down.  Wouldn't that be lovely.

Would love that to be true, but more than likely just plain old paranoia.  

Now if I had SL's money it wouldn't bother me to buy them out, bleed them dry then kick them out, then restore the land to playing fields for local people, ensuring that no gypsies can access the land, whilst ensuring that there was caveat on the deeds that Nothing bigger than a potting shed could ever be built on said land.

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

So let me get this straight, some rovers fans think SL is corrupt and is preventing them having UWE. So its ok when rovers tried to steal our stadium of us like they did with the rugby. Dopey fecks!

If they aren't blaming us fans it's our bloody owner! TAKE SOME BLOODY RESPONSIBILITY!

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Agent Wael? :whistle:

In all seriousness, we would be better off if they did go 'pop'. The party might leave a fair few of us needing medical treatment though. 🍺

Haven’t drunk myself into a comatose state for many years, the day they go bust and end up in the lower echelons of nonleague could well be the next time 🍺🍺😂😂

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Unan said:

Their level of delusion is insane. Maybe you’re just shit?

If Wael and his cronies had been covertly placed in charge of our club in order to deliberately sabotage and destroy us he wouldn't be doing things much differently than he is doing now. He raised fans expectations with a pack of lies,consistently sold our best players without replacing them, allowed us to function for several seasons without a real striker and that situation looks as though its about to continue with the transfer window closing tonight,and allowed one of the best managers in lower league football to leave. I know it has been joked about but I wouldn't completely rule out Lansdown being involved what else could explain their inexplicable behaviour.

Read more:  http://gasheads.org/thread/8020/uwe-stadium?page=2#ixzz5fPoyo5vi

All rational thought lost, if it was ever there in the first place.  Why on earth would SL be wasting his time on scuppering a irrelevant club, that is actually doing a great job of it themselves......

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

No mate. Just the details of the winning streak. No mention of the Sags whatsoever. I might has well had urinated on and then burnt a Rovers shirt. Can’t mention City at all without them steaming in. Would have understood it better had I said “Haha **** Off Gas”, but I never mentioned them at all. You know what they are like though? Dishing it out when they win a game and we lose, but as soon as we post one thing positive about our club they’re off. They have a completely different mentality altogether. 

Just by way of proving or disproving your theory, please urinate on then burn a Rovers shirt and post it online. Who knows, you may start a craze.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TomF said:

Reading some of his tweets he's a proper bitter one.  See the one about how we took 8k to Man City but can't fill our own ground.  Classic Sag Attendance Virus. 

Wasn’t that 8k about 2 weeks after a sold out 26.5k followed by 24k....

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

They are getting 2008itis I think? The very thought of the bankrupt 82ers possibly reaching the Premier League is a step too far. They must be feeling sick to the pit of their stomachs already and you can notice the colour draining from their faces everywhere. You can see the fear setting in as it did back then. I think going up would be the final straw for many Sags and they’ll have a TOTEal meltdown. They’ll turn on Wally and they will start getting funny with Ted’s entirely without any provocation whatsoever. But then, come the beginning of the following season they’ll all be chirping and be putting their money on us being relegated, they will love every second of it and will be posting all kinds of jibes. They’ll have new hero’s like Aguero to invite to their annual 2nd May reunion parties where they all get their ageing tote ends out for a mutual tug.

IF we made the Prem, I can think of 200M reasons why we could just smile at the venting sags, even if we did go straight back down. 

I do like the fact that they're blaming a bloke who was on the UWE board when the fewers plan was agreed but wasn't on it when it was turfed out.

The problem is within r*vers saggies, not anywhere else, be it funding, Higgs agreeing a crap deal with UWE which WAQ didn't like etc etc. I gather that horse has truly bolted anyway so why torture yourselves? Nip up to Mount hill and look over the allotments and you can see, in the distance, what a real new stadium looks like. It's great for them that they can see the Gate from miles away in Hanham, if there are any gas eds left in Hanham. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

44 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

Rovers Independent forum.

To be fair, I see that Bamber Gasgroin replied :

Well, you called out what you perceive as a conflict of interests, I countered by pointing out that whilst your 'Plant' was still in place an agreement was reached between Higgs and UWE, that agreement was acceptable as a basis for our present owners to purchase the club, so I'm struggling to see what your point is?

Taylor himself is a side show, but it shows where we are when removing a player who barely makes their bench is enough to scupper us completely.

We can challenge what's happening in BS3, all it takes is vision and investment. You can't spend your entire life blaming other people for your own failure, or maybe you can....

Followed up by PHilton :

I’m with you Bamber. Higgs was comfortable with his business partners so not sure what the objection is now?

Our new friend, or maybe not so new, wants somebody to take up his gauntlet but that’s not the way it works here. You either stop dropping hints and tell the whole story or you are wasting your time.

Watola always told the board that Bristol Rugby wouldn’t be missed very much in terms of finanace. Rovers couldn’t afford to finance the women’s team so it was salvaged by Filton College. A previous board pissed off Filton College which allowed Bristol City to jump in and attach their Academy there and subsequently take over the women’s team.

All I See is us screwing it up and City taking advantage.

Worryingly rational Gassers there...

 

 

There was someone talking about their USP's as well and to be fair the club really are missing a treat on some of them - but when your struggling hand to mouth painting your front door is a luxury.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Unan said:

Their level of delusion is insane. Maybe you’re just shit?

If Wael and his cronies had been covertly placed in charge of our club in order to deliberately sabotage and destroy us he wouldn't be doing things much differently than he is doing now. He raised fans expectations with a pack of lies,consistently sold our best players without replacing them, allowed us to function for several seasons without a real striker and that situation looks as though its about to continue with the transfer window closing tonight,and allowed one of the best managers in lower league football to leave. I know it has been joked about but I wouldn't completely rule out Lansdown being involved what else could explain their inexplicable behaviour.

Read more:  http://gasheads.org/thread/8020/uwe-stadium?page=2#ixzz5fPoyo5vi

This is literally one of the greatest things I’ve ever read on OTIB🤣

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Fiale said:

 

 

There was someone talking about their USP's as well and to be fair the club really are missing a treat on some of them - but when your struggling hand to mouth painting your front door is a luxury.

Ah, the old USP delusion, we haven't had that one for a while.

What are they?

They're crap, play in a crap ground, unique kit (apart from Wycombe and Sabadell who also wear stupid quarters), old supporters, standing up (I'll give them that one even though it's not through choice), tents, falling support so there's plenty of room, minibus head butting, boob cricket, attacking players and their hospital transport, deluded fans, crap pasties, charging for water, Irene (stolen), gert pirate (St Pauli), international ownership, a manager who talks like Louis Walsh, hate them bloody 'teds, 'coming for you', erm, any more?

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Ah, the old USP delusion, we haven't had that one for a while.

What are they?

They're crap, play in a crap ground, unique kit (apart from Wycombe and Sabadell who also wear stupid quarters), old supporters, standing up (I'll give them that one even though it's not through choice), tents, falling support so there's plenty of room, minibus head butting, boob cricket, attacking players and their hospital transport, deluded fans, crap pasties, charging for water, Irene (stolen), gert pirate (St Pauli), international ownership, a manager who talks like Louis Walsh, hate them bloody 'teds, 'coming for you', erm, any more?

 

Don't under estimate the money in children's parties 😀

pirate-ship-outdoor-playset-how-about-a-pirate-ship-or-and-extreme-a-palace-a-kingdom-then-you-have-come-to-the-right-place.jpg

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Ah, the old USP delusion, we haven't had that one for a while.

What are they?

They're crap, play in a crap ground, unique kit (apart from Wycombe and Sabadell who also wear stupid quarters), old supporters, standing up (I'll give them that one even though it's not through choice), tents, falling support so there's plenty of room, minibus head butting, boob cricket, attacking players and their hospital transport, deluded fans, crap pasties, charging for water, Irene (stolen), gert pirate (St Pauli), international ownership, a manager who talks like Louis Walsh, hate them bloody 'teds, 'coming for you', erm, any more?

Umm, hello?  BABESTATION at half time!

  • Hmmm 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Fiale said:

 

Don't under estimate the money in children's parties 😀

pirate-ship-outdoor-playset-how-about-a-pirate-ship-or-and-extreme-a-palace-a-kingdom-then-you-have-come-to-the-right-place.jpg

All their supporters are allegedly too old to have kids though Fiale, grandkids maybe.

Imagine the conversation, 'come on TogHill and Syston common (named after where the grandchildren were conceived) , grandad is taking you to a party at the gas'.

'Bugger that grandad, you senile old fart, I'm off down the City with dad, like the rest of my generation'.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, redcityman said:

Would love that to be true, but more than likely just plain old paranoia.  

Now if I had SL's money it wouldn't bother me to buy them out, bleed them dry then kick them out, then restore the land to playing fields for local people, ensuring that no gypsies can access the land, whilst ensuring that there was caveat on the deeds that Nothing bigger than a potting shed could ever be built on said land.

That would be big enough for their crowds

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Nick Wilde said:

So if Bristol sport only bought Taylor to stop them getting promoted and Went to meetings to stop the UWE stadium happening and they have in actual fact got money because Hamer said it wasn’t an issue....what’s the excuse for not completing the training ground? 

Buying players has nothing to do with Bristol sport. No disrespect but it’s bad enough trying to educate the 15ers about this. For a city fan not to know how Bristol sport operate is pretty poor. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Loon plage said:

Rovers Independent forum.

...

Watola always told the board that Bristol Rugby wouldn’t be missed very much in terms of finanace. Rovers couldn’t afford to finance the women’s team so it was salvaged by Filton College. A previous board pissed off Filton College which allowed Bristol City to jump in and attach their Academy there and subsequently take over the women’s team.
 

What a blast from the past it is to see our old friend ‘Tony The Till’ getting a mention. He was always good for a laugh in the NLBR glory days. 

They seem to be getting on just fine without additional revenue streams given the spending spree they’ve been on..!

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...