Bristol Rovers Dustbin Thread

1 hour ago, Riaz said:

Personally i think this Colin Daniel thing is embarassing.

It was embarassing when rovers fans said dean windass was a legend even tho he never played for them

and its embarassing that some of our fans say Colin Daniel is a legend. Its so tinpot and we dont need to have such a tinpot mentality. Leave that to rovers.

You’ve got to remember that Colin Daniel is as much a Rovers legend as he is a City one. He even played for them remember?

Nice of him to wear black out of respect....as you do when you are at a burial!

49D9145C-EE0A-460A-BE06-834E8F078E2E.jpeg

Edited by Gert Mare
  • Haha 2
55 minutes ago, Taz said:

If I wasn't there to have seen it in person, I'd say it was some computer trickery trying to make him look bad.

Just remember the whole ground erupting in laughter. He has to be one of our worst signings of all time surely? Even Tony Dinning had a few better games for us (albeit on the loan spell...)

It was extremely funny Taz, even my old dad was laughing. Did u notice Scott Murray appealing at the bottom of the frame? 🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, SDBS36 said:

Remember during the ground rebuild we had the Coin Daniel Stand behind the old East End 

Yer t’is.......

How fitting it is that as we approach 1000 pages we are talking about the legend who gave us the gift! 

E6894EBE-4396-44F9-AA44-16C7A2FE493D.jpeg

Edited by Gert Mare
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Riaz said:

It was embarassing when rovers fans said dean windass was a legend even tho he never played for them

and its embarassing that some of our fans say Colin Daniel is a legend. Its so tinpot and we dont need to have such a tinpot mentality. Leave that to rovers.

I’ll have to disagree with you one this one. 

If it wasn’t for Colin Daniel, this thread may never have started. 

The list of teams from places that I’d never heard of, who have competed at level pegging with Rovers, would be much shorter than it is now (although regularly added too, thanks to cup competitions! 

I’ve never, literally had a party based on another teams result before. We did that weekend!

Thanks to Sir Colin Daniel, the City well and truly became “ours” as they were banished from league football. Always remember that. They actually dropped out of the entire football league..! 😂😂😂

Thank you Colin Daniel. Legend! 

• Like 6
10 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I’ll have to disagree with you one this one. 

If it wasn’t for Colin Daniel, this thread may never have started. 

The list of teams from places that I’d never heard of, who have competed at level pegging with Rovers, would be much shorter than it is now (although regularly added too, thanks to cup competitions! 

I’ve never, literally had a party based on another teams result before. We did that weekend!

Thanks to Sir Colin Daniel, the City well and truly became “ours” as they were banished from league football. Always remember that. They actually dropped out of the entire football league..! 😂😂😂

Thank you Colin Daniel. Legend! 

02A60929-5396-48E9-B9E5-03AE5EC5EA38.jpeg

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Riaz said:

Rovers are so shit they need to make dean Windass a legend because they lack success. We have legends of our own. Who do more than score a goal against Bristol rovers at a extremely low level 

Mate the legend thing is tongue in cheek for everyone I know. Like was said earlier in this thread he gave me a saturday ill never forget

• Like 1
On 01/04/2019 at 16:23, JackofromSanJavier said:

@Miah Dennehy For pure cabaret, you could have headed to Campbeltown on Kintyre.  Saturdays are the weekly sessions where old feuds are resurrected and settled again and again!  When I was working up there for a year, I had many a cheery "Yer no frae roond here, then" conversation openers before the first haymaker came whooshing my way!  Happy days!

I spent some time up in Dallas many years ago, the Dallas that is just a short distance from Elgin in the far north of Scotland...only one pub back then, I got the usual ‘you’re not from round here you English barsteward’ stuff....then a Scottish guy jumped in to defend me, I got talking to him, he said he was Scottish, he’d lived in Dallas for over thirty years yet he was still called ‘the outsider’ in the pub and the village....interesting up there....

33 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I spent some time up in Dallas many years ago, the Dallas that is just a short distance from Elgin in the far north of Scotland...only one pub back then, I got the usual ‘you’re not from round here you English barsteward’ stuff....then a Scottish guy jumped in to defend me, I got talking to him, he said he was Scottish, he’d lived in Dallas for over thirty years yet he was still called ‘the outsider’ in the pub and the village....interesting up there....

Crikey, there's another place I got marooned in once for work!  Banjos in the distance!

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Gert Mare said:

I remember being told “You’re up mate, you’re going up ffs....don’t talk about it”, even though I wasn’t talking about it at the time and yet I still said that I wasn’t so sure because Hull had been on a tremendous run.

Never seen so many nervous Sags ready to completely throw their Teddies out of the pram until “Deano” scored. They breathed a massive sigh of relief initially at the final whistle and then  started Singing The Blues and Goodnight Irene as if they had won something. Then the “never in doubt” shouts came out from them.

Given our last 2 massive results, I’d hazard a guess that they will be starting to shit their pants right about now as the possibility of us having another shot at going up gets ever closer, whilst they are in a relegation battle no doubt they’ll be focusing more on us in the hope that we fail, after all even if they do go down aslong as we don’t go up that’ll be a good season for them.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, 77 punk said:

if we fail to make or win the play offs can you ever see bristol rovers finishing in the top six in the championship ?

Maybe if they rename the conference? 

IF we were to win the play offs, they would be hilariously pissed off. 

Edited by Ska Junkie
57 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Given our last 2 massive results, I’d hazard a guess that they will be starting to shit their pants right about now as the possibility of us having another shot at going up gets ever closer, whilst they are in a relegation battle no doubt they’ll be focusing more on us in the hope that we fail, after all even if they do go down aslong as we don’t go up that’ll be a good season for them.

And if we do fail, another Rovers club legend will be born.

58 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Could we enter our U21's in the JPT or whatever it's called nowadays? That would be great wind up material. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Riaz said:

Nah - laughing at your rivals is part and parcel of being a football fan....we are both lucky and unlucky to be in a two-team City - but laughing at the gas keeps me young, the more immature the reason the better! You can think it’s embarrassing if you like, I think it’s funny....rivalry runs deep in this national game of ours....Man Yoo still chant about hating Leeds even though they are in a different stratosphere - it ain’t tinpot - it’s part of being a fan....

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Ska Junkie said:

Could we enter our U21's in the JPT or whatever it's called nowadays? That would be great wind up material. 

In a way I hope we couldn’t as I don’t agree with them being allowed to enter, I know how hard it must be for them but until these lower league clubs vote no instead of being persuaded by the £££  and it’ll be better for them in the long run, then they’ll only have themselves to blame when these u21/23 sides get entered into the EFL which imo they will eventually. So in an ideal world we’ll hopefully get the chance very soon to be able to enter our u21’s on just the 1 occasion before they see sense and vote against it, we get drawn against them and do them over, apart for Colin Daniel Day this would be the ultimate embarrassment/pisstake.

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, myol'man said:

The poster of the 50,000th post wins a place on the R*Vers "surviving relegation" open top bus tour  :gasmask:

wonder if more people will come out and watch that one then their 3rd place finish one or conference runners up one

I was having a quick look at Companies House to see if they have filed their accounts yet.

They haven't shown up though they're not necessarily overdue despite the 31 March 2019 filing deadline (nine months after the end of their accounting year 30 June 2018) as there can be a lag in CH posting them meaning that they're not actually overdue until CH flags them as being overdue on the Overview page.

Accounts haven't been filed for any of the other group companies which also have a 31 March deadline so the same applies.

They haven't however been filed for this dormant sub, Filton Avenue Guarantee Co, which has a 31 May year end and 28 Feb deadline so they are marked as overdue.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/06912935

As it's dormant with no assets, liabilities or income the accounts are one page and identical to the previous year.  They also don't require audit.

Maybe their accountant has left?

The fines are trivial for short term late filing but it is pretty unusual for decent sized companies to muck up this basic function.