Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

Bristol Rovers Dustbin Thread


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, phantom said:

@bodin It is indeed, talk about a real rogues gallery there, the guy to the right (as we look at it) of Stewart is familiar too, but his name escapes me

I'm intrigued what they were all looking at

The big TV screen showing a photo of Matty Taylor about to come on accompanied by the chant about how much he hates Rovers. Welcome to Bristol Darrell.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Enough of this hilarity and back to more serious business, is there any more news on their overdue accounts yet or are the administrators still giving them the once over?

They're far more concerned about their big screen TV finally being installed for Saturday's game it would seem. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, MC26 said:

They're far more concerned about their big screen TV finally being installed for Saturday's game it would seem. 

Knowing the fewers, they'll probably put the screen at pitch level, right in the eyeline of their keeper who keeps getting blinded by the images.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've checked upon the late filing fees and they are disappointingly low for a private limited company as these companies are.  They are doubled if it's the second year of late filing in a row so there will be a minor incentive to file them early next year.

However just to tot them up:

  • Not more than 1 month £150
  • More than 1 month but not more than 3 months £375
  • More than 3 months but not more than 6 months £750
  • More than 6 months £1,500

So that's currently 5 x 150 + 1 x 375 = £1,125.  No big deal.

Leave them for a year and it's only £9k.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/late-filing-penalties/late-filing-penalties

What is more telling is the attitude of the owners which smacks of Robert Maxwell's football club ownership.  No communication with minority shareholders, no epxlanantion, no AGM.  Even leaving filing to the last minute is bad enough - why do you need to do this? - and possibly that "don't care" attitude has just bitten them because there is now a material post balance sheet event (?sale negotiations) which would not have been the case had they filed them in good time.

Though thinking of Robert Maxwell with his attempt to merge Reading and Oxford into Thames Valley Royals maybe that's what happening?

Could we be about to see the birth of Swindon Rovers?  The quartered robins.

And here's a sneak preview of their new shirt design:

article-2273993-1755C126000005DC-985_634

 

Edited by Eddie Hitler
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I've checked upon the late filing fees and they are disappointingly low for a private limited company as these companies are.  They are doubled if it's the second year of late filing in a row so there will be a minor incentive to file them early next year.

However just to tot them up:

  • Not more than 1 month £150
  • More than 1 month but not more than 3 months £375
  • More than 3 months but not more than 6 months £750
  • More than 6 months £1,500

So that's currently 5 x 150 + 1 x 375 = £1,125.  No big deal.

Leave them for a year and it's only £9k.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/late-filing-penalties/late-filing-penalties

What is more telling is the attitude of the owners which smacks of Robert Maxwell's football club ownership.  No communication with minority shareholders, no epxlanantion, no AGM.  Even leaving filing to the last minute is bad enough - why do you need to do this? - and possibly that "don't care" attitude has just bitten them because there is now a material post balance sheet event (?sale negotiations) which would not have been the case had they filed them in good time.

Though thinking of Robert Maxwell with his attempt to merge Reading and Oxford into Thames Valley Royals maybe that's what happening?

Could we be about to see the birth of Swindon Rovers?  The quartered robins.

 

 

Nah, the merger of Rovers and Forest Green to become Forest Green Rovers perhaps?

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

 

  • Not more than 1 month £150
  • More than 1 month but not more than 3 months £375
  • More than 3 months but not more than 6 months £750
  • More than 6 months £1,500

So that's currently 5 x 150 + 1 x 375 = £1,125.  No big deal.

 

Do you know just how many packets of o-o-d crisps and beakers of watered-down Fanta they'll have to sell to pay that fine? They'll be bankrupt in no time with business practices such as this.

Keep schtum and carry on.

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/face-to-face-marcus-stewart-1569291

City fan as a kid. 

Ambition is (was) to play for Bristol City. 

About covers it I think. 
 

You could see from his reaction to scoring his first goal for us at AG (against Torquay iirc) how much it meant to him.

Pretty sure he’s got a City tattoo as well.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, MC26 said:

They're far more concerned about their big screen TV finally being installed for Saturday's game it would seem. 

They were far more concerned about the hiding we were going to get from West Brom, but just as they were after the Sheff Utd and Boro matches they’ve gone very quiet about that for some reason.

Never mind, we’ve got Villa on Saturday so they’ll all be glued to that instead of the relegation battle going on in front of them (those that can actually be bothered to attend the Mem of course, which isn’t many).

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

They were far more concerned about the hiding we were going to get from West Brom, but just as they were after the Sheff Utd and Boro matches they’ve gone very quiet about that for some reason.

Never mind, we’ve got Villa on Saturday so they’ll all be glued to that instead of the relegation battle going on in front of them (those that can actually be bothered to attend the Mem of course, which isn’t many).

 

Never felt more like....bollocks...shut up....ssh....ssh....they don’t exist....82.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I've checked upon the late filing fees and they are disappointingly low for a private limited company as these companies are.  They are doubled if it's the second year of late filing in a row so there will be a minor incentive to file them early next year.

However just to tot them up:

  • Not more than 1 month £150
  • More than 1 month but not more than 3 months £375
  • More than 3 months but not more than 6 months £750
  • More than 6 months £1,500

So that's currently 5 x 150 + 1 x 375 = £1,125.  No big deal.

Leave them for a year and it's only £9k.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/late-filing-penalties/late-filing-penalties

What is more telling is the attitude of the owners which smacks of Robert Maxwell's football club ownership.  No communication with minority shareholders, no epxlanantion, no AGM.  Even leaving filing to the last minute is bad enough - why do you need to do this? - and possibly that "don't care" attitude has just bitten them because there is now a material post balance sheet event (?sale negotiations) which would not have been the case had they filed them in good time.

Though thinking of Robert Maxwell with his attempt to merge Reading and Oxford into Thames Valley Royals maybe that's what happening?

Could we be about to see the birth of Swindon Rovers?  The quartered robins.

And here's a sneak preview of their new shirt design:

article-2273993-1755C126000005DC-985_634

 

Ideal for boob cricket?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Yep, good man.

It was a huge disappointment all round when his move to us didn't work out; but must have been absolutely gutting for him as a lifelong fan.

I remember that signing and thinking this is too good to be true for him to play for us ... it should have worked out for both him and us . 

Ive no idea why it didn’t ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Brann-red said:

I remember that signing and thinking this is too good to be true for him to play for us ... it should have worked out for both him and us . 

Ive no idea why it didn’t ?

something to do with a flip flop I think.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...