Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

Bristol Rovers Dustbin Thread

20 minutes ago, Charlie0016 said:

struggling to see the point in this thread . Us city fans go on about how there’s only 1 team in Bristol and how the gas mean nothing to us yet we have a page on them over 1140 pages long . Can someone enlighten me ?

If you've got to ask ..........

a) you just don't get it                 or

b) You're a sag

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Ta

I Understand that for you the Sags and the feelings towards them and the rivalry with them means little 

For many of us of middle age , and some younger and older they will always be a subject of real dislike and something to take the p out of at every opportunity

Some of us remember 82 when they tried to Nick our ground , and their loud arrogance during parts of the 80s and 90s 

Many remember events before and during those periods and some after but there are many that really despise em with good reason

Personally if this thread , only reminds our younger fans that they are a laughable stain on Bristol it will have done its job

Plus it’s really enjoyable to take the p out of them 

;)

Ok thanks for that ... was just confused that’s all ! 

For me I probably hate Swindon more than the gas but that’s purely down the the 14/15 season 

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, Charlie0016 said:

Ok thanks for that ... was just confused that’s all ! 

For me I probably hate Swindon more than the gas but that’s purely down the the 14/15 season 

1.Totally opposing Bristol City Councils offer of funding when we were close to going bust in 82, then having the audacity of trying to buy Ashton Gate for peanuts at the same time.

2. Chanting and booing during a minutes silence for our chairman wjo had unfortunately died in 1991.

3. Holloways comment of 'the only good City fan is a dead one'

4. Rovers fans opposing our bid for Ashton Gate/Vale to be used as a World cup stadium. 

5. Stealing the rugby ground with totally reprehensible behaviour.

6. Punching horses, punching players, stealing from the supporters club/changing rooms and racist abuse....

7. Ian Alexander

They are a stain on the underpants of Bristol and have been for over 40 years.

Yes, they haven't been relevant for your lifetime, but a lot of people have long memories and will never forgive or forget.

• Like 10
6 minutes ago, RED4LIFE said:

1.Totally opposing Bristol City Councils offer of funding when we were close to going bust in 82, then having the audacity of trying to buy Ashton Gate for peanuts at the same time.

2. Chanting and booing during a minutes silence for our chairman wjo had unfortunately died in 1991.

3. Holloways comment of 'the only good City fan is a dead one'

4. Rovers fans opposing our bid for Ashton Gate/Vale to be used as a World cup stadium. 

5. Stealing the rugby ground with totally reprehensible behaviour.

6. Punching horses, punching players, stealing from the supporters club/changing rooms and racist abuse....

7. Ian Alexander

They are a stain on the underpants of Bristol and have been for over 40 years.

Yes, they haven't been relevant for your lifetime, but a lot of people have long memories and will never forgive or forget.

Chanting 'rapist' at a recently deceased former player after unproven allegations were made against him.

6 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

Look at that pitch. And goalposts 

What League have they started in? Serious question, I was looking at results from the weekend and got as far as a League containing Keynsham Ladies, but no sign of them.

4 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

On the Stanley matchday thread they`re saying that the bloke who scored the penalty had coins thrown at him (mentioned it in his post match interview apparently).

The family club on show again.

Wael, being the astute businessman that he is, will not have missed this potential earner and wool now be taking penalties on the pitch before & during half time, at home games, holding a bucket. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Charlie0016 said:

struggling to see the point in this thread . Us city fans go on about how there’s only 1 team in Bristol and how the gas mean nothing to us yet we have a page on them over 1140 pages long . Can someone enlighten me ?

Hi, you must be new to this football malarkey.

The point of this thread is to laugh at a bunch of absolute bitter clowns who totally despise us. 

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

Is this total weapon talking about the same Bristol Rovers Woman’s team that we’re abandoned by the Gas when they decided to withdraw funding?

If so how did Lansdown ‘steal’ them?

They’re a fine bunch to talk about theft or accuse football clubs who have never left their spiritual home of being a ‘franchise’.

18C7411D-A6FA-4D61-B260-5B26FD41709F.jpeg

2 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Is this total weapon talking about the same Bristol Rovers Woman’s team that we’re abandoned by the Gas when they decided to withdraw funding?

They’re a fine bunch to talk about theft or accuse football clubs who have never left their spiritual home of being a ‘franchise’.

Absolute belters……...

Taken from wiki. They loved them so much they stopped funding them and they would Have basically of gone bust.

Bristol Rovers, now in the bottom division of The Football League, found themselves unable to continue financing a women's team in 2006 and withdrew funding. Bristol Academy of Sport agreed to bankroll the team for 12 months, but there were serious doubts during the 2006–07 season that the club would survive beyond the summer. 

————————

it wasn’t until 7 years later that city got involved with funding them, how on earth that means we stole them in gas logic I will never understand.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Red Army 75 said:

We could fit there attendances in our main stand . Yet compare themselves to West Ham. Unbelievable 

Spot on. Not sure but I actually think we possibly could have fit their entire last attendance in just the bottom tier of our main stand! It must be close...

Edited by nebristolred
9 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

Spot on. Not sure but I actually think we possibly could have fit their entire last attendance in just the bottom tier of our main stand! It must be close...

Imagine if the unthinkable happened and they had to play a game at Ashton Gate because the Mem was condemned.

Which stand do you open?

They all probably has better facilities than anything the Mem has to offer, all would be likely big enough to house the Fewers who made the journey, and at the end of the game, there would likely be tears as they knew what they would be going back to.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

In 2006, Rovers withdrew funding from the club and Bristol Academy bankrolled the team.

Other than that though, Lansdown stole them to add to his franchise that isn't a franchise.... Gaslogic

15 hours ago, Unan said:

Our potential support puts us right up there with the likes of Middlesbrough, Southampton, West Ham, Wolves, Blackburn, Derby etc etc.

Read more:  http://gasheads.org/thread/8410/missing-2-000#ixzz5yxBhaLAU

My potential bank balance puts me right up there with the likes of Jeff Bezos.

I’m only a few 100s of billions short.

• Haha 4
59 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Imagine if the unthinkable happened and they had to play a game at Ashton Gate because the Mem was condemned.

Which stand do you open?

They all probably has better facilities than anything the Mem has to offer, all would be likely big enough to house the Fewers who made the journey, and at the end of the game, there would likely be tears as they knew what they would be going back to.

If they had to squat somewhere I’d hope S.L. would tell them to sod off...😊

Edited by luke_bristol
  • Like 3

The Fewers many attempts to either rewrite or airbrush history never succeed...basically because 95% of them are as thick as shit.

Only in #Gaslogic can you ruthlessly withdraw funding and leave a team right in the lurch and when your rivals come in years later with the funding play the poor hard done by........always the victims.