Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

Bristol Rovers Dustbin Thread


Recommended Posts

It seems the sags are trying to follow our very own model of buying young players to develop them and then sell them on. They have obviously seen that we have made a success of it and as they look upon us with envy they want a slice of that pie too. Even their manager has gone on a winless run like LJ did.

However there is a slight problem with copying our approach in that for them to secure a young players services it means that player has been rejected by every premier league club, every Championship club, including us, and let's face it if these players were any good they would be on our radar already! They have also been rejected by most League One clubs and I'll say some League Two clubs too that are of a bigger standing than the sags. So basically they are signing young misfits and rejects. That's not exactly the approach we took. 

We were a Championship club we we started this approach in vein, a Championship club that had a redeveloped stadium, getting crowds of 20k, owned by a wealthy owner, a club that had shown to be progressive and was improving year on year on and off the pitch, a club with quality coaches that players improve under, training facilities that whilst not the best is worlds apart to what Rovers have. We also have a Cat 2 academy and back then had plans to build a new training ground which has now started. We have shown that through us there is a pathway to the Premier League.

That's why we are attractive to younger players, the fact we almost secured Eddie and Ampadu shows how well regarded our set up is, Leicester are also trusting us with developing Benkovic who is considered a future top CB. 

Rovers are trying to copy our blueprint without actually seeing the blueprint, they are literally changing it and hoping it pays off without doing all the ground work that we did to get our set up in place. They are pretty much trying to do what we are doing, but on the cheap.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Just look at those stats...

GC: DWDWWWDWWWWD
BG: LDLDLLLLDDL

....and we think our 'streaks' are good/bad

Their fans are delighted that they can see that the team is now playing better football despite this long bad run. They think that will set them up well in the future.

Personally I think they should have gone for Hollowhead, he was open for a return, he would have continued the good work GC did, it might not have been pretty but I think he would have secured them a play off spot by continuing the brand of football that got them there.

Unluckily for them they decided to give up on what represented their best chance for many many years of getting to the Championship in pursuit of pretty football. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Up The City! said:

Their fans are delighted that they can see that the team is now playing better football despite this long bad run. They think that will set them up well in the future.

Personally I think they should have gone for Hollowhead, he was open for a return, he would have continued the good work GC did, it might not have been pretty but I think he would have secured them a play off spot by continuing the brand of football that got them there.

Unluckily for them they decided to give up on what represented their best chance for many many years of getting to the Championship in pursuit of pretty football. 

In fairness, they didn’t give up on anything, themselves. 
GC just got tempted to jump ship by an offer from a struggling lower league (basement division) club. 
THAT is what should be worrying Rovers’ fans more than anything! 
 

It’s like LJ walking out on us now because he sees an offer from Rochdale as a more attractive prospect..! 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

The Cov. Telegraph didn’t hold back on their assessment of the gash, least the footballing world is finding out what we’ve known for decades 😉

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Icelandic Clap said:

The Cov. Telegraph didn’t hold back on their assessment of the gash, least the footballing world is finding out what we’ve known for decades 😉

A Gurt Ted must of hacked The Coventry Telegraph, I mean everyone loves them don’t they?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BS15_RED said:

A Gurt Ted must of hacked The Coventry Telegraph, I mean everyone loves them don’t they?

It’s obvious innit, they’ve been in cahoots with us since Jimmy Hill delayed the kick off and flashed up the Sunderland score in ‘77 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Mark Robins revealed afterwards that his payers had been told by their hosts that they were going to “kick them off the pitch,” – a claim, he added, that he felt Rovers executed pretty well throughout the game.

Vile, putrid little club.

Always have been, always will be.

I thought their new manager was supposed to be a football purest with innovative tactics and coaching methods? Clearly a load of bull if he's using Wimbledon's 35 year old play book. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, BS15_RED said:

A Gurt Ted must of hacked The Coventry Telegraph, I mean everyone loves them don’t they?

 

32 minutes ago, Icelandic Clap said:

It’s obvious innit, they’ve been in cahoots with us since Jimmy Hill delayed the kick off and flashed up the Sunderland score in ‘77 😂

It`s worse than that I reckon - apparently Steve Lansdown once paid for some Hargreaves Lansdown advertising in the paper so clearly he`s behind this smear campaign.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Banjo Island said:

The rosie cheeked lady garden

He spends every waking hour in his leather swivel chair with a white cat on his lap dreaming up new ways to thwart the s*gs in their quest for their rightful place in football`s hierarchy.

Mwahahahaha!

Edited by Lanterne Rouge
  • Haha 4
  • Flames 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Up The City! said:

Their fans are delighted that they can see that the team is now playing better football despite this long bad run. They think that will set them up well in the future.

Personally I think they should have gone for Hollowhead, he was open for a return, he would have continued the good work GC did, it might not have been pretty but I think he would have secured them a play off spot by continuing the brand of football that got them there.

Unluckily for them they decided to give up on what represented their best chance for many many years of getting to the Championship in pursuit of pretty football. 

The only problem with that is that Skeletor would expect to be paid more than £8.21 per hour.

Edited by wendyredredrobin
  • Flames 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if it came out that BG was employed and on a bonus to ensure they don’t go up, how could they possibly afford it.

The trouble is he`s making it a bit too obvious. Wally needs to have a word, get them to grind out a 1-0 v Rochdale or something to allay suspicion. They can soon go back to losing every week again after that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

He spends every waking hour in his leather swivel chair with a white cat on his lap dreaming up new ways to thwart the s*gs in their quest for their rightful place in football`s hierarchy.

Mwahahahaha!

"No mr Wael I expect you to die" 🤣

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

Poor cross-town relations” ... what a fantastic comparison of da gas with Liam Walsh’s parent club! Great journalism! And knowing that lot even the fact that Cov have a manager called Robins would have wound them up! And he played for us! 

Edit: apologies, I see @Vincent Vega has already highlighted this ...

Edited by BS4 on Tour...
  • Like 3
  • Robin 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Mark Robins revealed afterwards that his payers had been told by their hosts that they were going to “kick them off the pitch,” – a claim, he added, that he felt Rovers executed pretty well throughout the game.

Vile, putrid little club.

Always have been, always will be.

That’s Sunday League antics - how sad ...

Link to post
Share on other sites
badengas Avatar
badengas
First Team
****
7 minutes ago
 
Quote
Whilst the best thing in football is seeing us win, whilst we're waiting watching the sh!t lose will have to do.

Record Sky Channel 403 at 3am and watch it whenever you want to.

Dean Windass take a bow son.
Sad Bastards!
Edited by BS15_RED
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BS15_RED said:
badengas Avatar
badengas
First Team
****
7 minutes ago
 
Quote
Whilst the best thing in football is seeing us win, whilst we're waiting watching the sh!t lose will have to do.

Record Sky Channel 403 at 3am and watch it whenever you want to.

Dean Windass take a bow son.
Sad Bastards!

But they`re not obsessed.

Seriously though is there anyone on here who has a recording of THAT whole Mansfield game and watches it when they feel the urge?

Thought not.

Sad bastards - they`ve never achieved **** all so have to bask in someone else`s failure.

Edited by Lanterne Rouge
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

But they`re not obsessed.

Seriously though is there anyone on here who has a recording of THAT whole Mansfield game and watches it when they feel the urge?

Thought not.

Sad bastards - they`ve never achieved **** all so have to bask in someone else`s failure.

Not quite but have a shite day and then watch this 

 

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Up The City! said:

It seems the sags are trying to follow our very own model of buying young players to develop them and then sell them on. They have obviously seen that we have made a success of it and as they look upon us with envy they want a slice of that pie too. Even their manager has gone on a winless run like LJ did.

However there is a slight problem with copying our approach in that for them to secure a young players services it means that player has been rejected by every premier league club, every Championship club, including us, and let's face it if these players were any good they would be on our radar already! They have also been rejected by most League One clubs and I'll say some League Two clubs too that are of a bigger standing than the sags. So basically they are signing young misfits and rejects. That's not exactly the approach we took. 

We were a Championship club we we started this approach in vein, a Championship club that had a redeveloped stadium, getting crowds of 20k, owned by a wealthy owner, a club that had shown to be progressive and was improving year on year on and off the pitch, a club with quality coaches that players improve under, training facilities that whilst not the best is worlds apart to what Rovers have. We also have a Cat 2 academy and back then had plans to build a new training ground which has now started. We have shown that through us there is a pathway to the Premier League.

That's why we are attractive to younger players, the fact we almost secured Eddie and Ampadu shows how well regarded our set up is, Leicester are also trusting us with developing Benkovic who is considered a future top CB. 

Rovers are trying to copy our blueprint without actually seeing the blueprint, they are literally changing it and hoping it pays off without doing all the ground work that we did to get our set up in place. They are pretty much trying to do what we are doing, but on the cheap.

Disagree.

 

As much as we know about the Sags' pathetic attempt to call themselves a football club, it's undeniable that Garner has good links, if he didn't he wouldn't have been able to get Daly or Blackman, personally I think a lot of Championship clubs would have been perfectly happy with those signings, and me personally I would've been happy with Blackman as a signing ahead of Niki last season. 

The Sags as well do seem to have created a reputation as a good footballing support, a farce of course, but I would argue that teams around the country other than Bristol aren't aware on just how big the gap is in that sense. I use twitter a lot and I regularly see people ranking football fanbases or the size of different clubs and put us at the same level of the Sags. Complete lies of course, but would James Daly of Crystal Palace really realise that the Sags are close to financial crisis and have a shit fanbase when they big themselves up so much, I would argue no. Plus Garner having experience at Palace and having an unfortunately accurate resume in terms of helping to develop young players, I think the Sags are much more attractive in that respect than a lot of us realise, as we know them as the shambles that they are. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...