Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Bristol Rovers Dustbin Thread


Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, TMWANG50 said:

Compare this to the Bristol City Council approach to any stadium development confirmation of what we always knew...🤠

BCC will say they've never refused a stadium application.

What they don't say is that they make it as difficult as possible.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Nicki's soulmate said:

Actually it lasted well, gave it away to a young skinhead in 83

What and the red and white hankie in the pocket as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Nicki's soulmate said:

Never had an hankie in mine, maybe a tie pin or one of those cloth City badges that we sewed onto the pockets of our crombies or school blazers back in the day

School blazer for the badge,hankie and tie pin for the crombie 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Banjo Island said:

Had a lambretta tie pin inthe pocket of mine ben sherman shirt braces brougues with blakeys and green levi sta press trousers completed the look for me👌👌

Are you sure it was a Ben Sherman and not a Ben Tesco,some lads used to get absolutely ripped for wearing Ben Sherman look alikes.As I grew older I realised how bad they must of felt, just because their parents were a bit skint,funny as **** at the time though.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, NOTBLUE said:

Are you sure it was a Ben Sherman and not a Ben Tesco,some lads used to get absolutely ripped for wearing Ben Sherman look alikes.As I grew older I realised how bad they must of felt, just because their parents were a bit skint,funny as **** at the time though.

No defo a sherman but do remember the tesco lookalikes thou also remember rodney thomas shop in the arcade for the fairisle sleeveless jumpers

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Banjo Island said:

Had a lambretta tie pin inthe pocket of mine ben sherman shirt braces brougues with blakeys and green levi sta press trousers completed the look for me👌👌

Similar, although my Sta-Prest were purple (😬) and my shirts were Brutus.

Oh, and I also had a 'real' Lambretta, not just a tie pin. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Similar, although my Sta-Prest were purple (😬) and my shirts were Brutus.

Oh, and I also had a 'real' Lambretta, not just a tie pin. 

Sadly couldnt afford a real lambretta many many trips to wsm cheddar  on the back of my mates scooter brutus shirts were good thou got the sta pres from austins trouser house what fantastic times the music the clothes the people and of course the football 👍👍👍👍

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/02/2020 at 19:36, Midlands Robin said:

The results of the 15ers fan survey question "how can we look even more ******* tinpot than usual?" are revealed to a waiting world....

Large

 

The two above are "Dopey" Darrell & "Grumpy" Henbury Gas.

Any suggestions for Doc, Bashful, Sneezy, Happy and Sleepy?

 

Edited by Bazooka Joe
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Banjo Island said:

Sadly couldnt afford a real lambretta many many trips to wsm cheddar  on the back of my mates scooter brutus shirts were good thou got the sta pres from austins trouser house what fantastic times the music the clothes the people and of course the football 👍👍👍👍

Nor could I really, but I was able to justify it in comparison to the busfares to school coupled with the independence it gave me.

I also remember Rodney Thomas in The Arcade, from one of your earlier posts - a regular Saturday morning trip in to town.

Do you remember those towelling socks - white, then 'progressing' to fluorescent? 

And what about those 'silk handkerchiefs' for our Crombie pockets - a bit of cardboard with some cloth stapled on top 🤣.

As Mary Hopkins sang....

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Nor could I really, but I was able to justify it in comparison to the busfares to school coupled with the independence it gave me.

I also remember Rodney Thomas in The Arcade, from one of your earlier posts - a regular Saturday morning trip in to town.

Do you remember those towelling socks - white, then 'progressing' to fluorescent? 

And what about those 'silk handkerchiefs' for our Crombie pockets - a bit of cardboard with some cloth stapled on top 🤣.

As Mary Hopkins sang....

 

Three triangle shapes stapled to a bit of cardboard 😂😂😂😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Nor could I really, but I was able to justify it in comparison to the busfares to school coupled with the independence it gave me.

I also remember Rodney Thomas in The Arcade, from one of your earlier posts - a regular Saturday morning trip in to town.

Do you remember those towelling socks - white, then 'progressing' to fluorescent? 

And what about those 'silk handkerchiefs' for our Crombie pockets - a bit of cardboard with some cloth stapled on top 🤣.

As Mary Hopkins sang....

 

What, Temma Harbour ?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Can’t wait for the “I spoke to a Sunderland fan after the game and they said we were the best away fans they’d ever had” comments later!

At least the Stadium of light is big enough to accommodate most of them today. Hopefully those that can’t get in are able to find a nice pub to keep warm in, because this wind must be bitter, in the car park up there today. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Busterrimes said:

Pity my mate. He is driving the supporters coach today. All the way to Sunderland and back with those sad acts. I told him to change jobs

You’re friends with Robbored..?

  • Haha 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

You’re friends with Robbored..?

Never had the pleasure. My mate works for Eagle Coaches and was not impressed at having this job today

9 minutes ago, Banjo Island said:

THE!!! Supporters coach that cant be right 😂😂😂😂

He tells me that for a lot of the games this season they only need one supporters coach

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Busterrimes said:

Never had the pleasure. My mate works for Eagle Coaches and was not impressed at having this job today

He tells me that for a lot of the games this season they only need one supporters coach

Come off it buster hes obviously liying we all know it must be at least 10 for most games my gas mate down the pub told me 😂😂😂😂

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Can’t wait for the “I spoke to a Sunderland fan after the game and they said we were the best away fans they’d ever had” comments later!

Blow jobs all round in Sunderland today between 2 sets of fans who know what it feels like to live in the shadow of much bigger rivals. 

Facebook and Slagchat will be full of “an dey said we were MUCH better dan da SHIT n dEY said dey love r kit n r anfum an dey ******* HATE Da sHiT”

Worms.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Can’t wait for the “I spoke to a Sunderland fan after the game and they said we were the best away fans they’d ever had” comments later!

Had! But in what way?

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...