Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Bristol Rovers Dustbin Thread

1 hour ago, BanburyRed said:

Any takers for the first chant from the Sags tonight?

They’re so dim it could be “...just like Bristol, your City is red...” or it could be a needy and ‘pleady’ - “...please tell us that you love us more than ‘them’ ...” - or it could just be the incredibly boring and predictable “Irene” dirge - but undoubtedly they will try to barrack Antoine for belonging to a club that is light years ahead of theirs in every single way imaginable ...

23 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

They’re so dim it could be “...just like Bristol, your City is red...” or it could be a needy and ‘pleady’ - “...please tell us that you love us more than ‘them’ ...” - or it could just be the incredibly boring and predictable “Irene” dirge - but undoubtedly they will try to barrack Antoine for belonging to a club that is light years ahead of theirs in every single way imaginable ...

Totally this, along with how they mingled together like proper fans in the pub, great respect for travelling on a wet Tues night, how they are proper fans etc and....what's that you say?  You prefer us to the red mob across the city?  Are you sure?  Yeah, that's what everyone says about us.....

Odds on they'll post some absolute shite like that later on slagchat.....

35 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

Totally this, along with how they mingled together like proper fans in the pub, great respect for travelling on a wet Tues night, how they are proper fans etc and....what's that you say?  You prefer us to the red mob across the city?  Are you sure?  Yeah, that's what everyone says about us.....

Odds on they'll post some absolute shite like that later on slagchat.....

Oh they will cream over the mackems who travelled such a long way on a Tuesday night, while giving them all the bullshit stories about how the ‘loyal and few’ - sorry ‘...true...’ also take huge numbers away to every game because ‘...it’s just what we do...’ - then they’ll go back to mummy’s back bedroom and log straight onto the Sunderland forums to plead for recognition and hold onto some tiny semblance of hope that they will see some comments that may indicate the mackems prefer their grotty little club to Bristol City ...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, luke_bristol said:

You have to think that’s them safe for this season

not likely to hold on to JCH over the summer though 

And more to the point will replace him by some reserve player from Crawley or Gillingham who`s played about three games in league 1.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

And more to the point will replace him by some reserve player from Crawley or Gillingham who`s played about three games in league 1.

as expensive as that?  I thought more like the mangoes 3rd choice keeper and give him the no10 shirt

• Like 1
5 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

maxresdefault.jpg

...whack 'em,  knack 'em,  mack'em  &  fack'em. 

TWO  -  N i l   ffs... !     what went wrong?

Guess the Mackems were blinded by the bright lights of The Mem and stunned to find themselves in such salubrious surroundings.... I dare say the facilities took their breath away.  Cant think of any other conclusion to be honest...

Damn the Gas and their perfect little lives....  ;) 

24 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

TWO  -  N i l   ffs... !     what went wrong?

Guess the Mackems were blinded by the bright lights of The Mem and stunned to find themselves in such salubrious surroundings.... I dare say the facilities took their breath away.  Cant think of any other conclusion to be honest...

Damn the Gas and their perfect little lives....  ;) 

It was obviously because of the amazing bestist in da world supporters. Don't forget refs gets sent there to see how they will cope with their massive home support and intimidating atmosphere. 

Kind of amusing that it’s a jaw dropping surprise that Rovers won a home game against the team lying in 7th place in League One, who haven’t won for 4 games. 

7 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

See it as a good thing. They weren’t in any serious danger of going down with the state of the bottom of the league. It does however take a bit of pressure off garner . We don’t want him getting the bullet now do we. It’s all set up for implosion next season . ☺️

Totally agree.

No real chance of them getting relegated so it’s good that Garner has practically guaranteed his job for at least 12 months with that win.

On another positive note, that defeat drops their blow job buddies out of the Play Offs. Let’s see how well they get on when they’ve played each other 3 seasons running? Bunch of nob ends.

6000 at home for them tonight 🤣

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Totally agree.

No real chance of them getting relegated so it’s good that Garner has practically guaranteed his job for at least 12 months with that win.

On another positive note, that defeat drops their blow job buddies out of the Play Offs. Let’s see how well they get on when they’ve played each other 3 seasons running? Bunch of nob ends.

6000 at home for them tonight 🤣

While I agree, wasn’t there no real chance of them dropping out of the League not long ago?

happy days 🥳

I’ve started working with a proper Mackem. He was there for the Sags Cup Final a few weeks ago and he was amongst his fellow Mackems last night.

When I mentioned the infamous “love-in” with the Sags he laughed. He also said “Looks like they bought their stands at a car boot sale and chucked them all together”.

I mentioned 76/77 - No supposed hatred of “Da Shit”

I mentioned Rovers being a big club - Again, met with laughter.

I mentioned Rovers fans being deluded and obsessed with City - He laughed

I mentioned them singing songs about “Da Shit” - He didn’t recall any, but said they were loud - Probably because they felt like they had won the cup!

He’s not impressed with Semenyo.

I didn’t go as far as pleading with him to love us more than the “Faithful and True”, and my hands stayed on the table 🤣

Edited by Gert Mare