Bristol Rovers Dustbin Thread

3 hours ago, Rich said:

Agreed, I wasn't looking down on you or your team though, well, not this time. I was actually feeling the pain for you and your like.

That's the great thing about football though, every success is relative,  our last minute promotion against Dagenham, or your last minute win against Manchester United, would have meant just as much-if not more-  to us than an umpteenth Champions League to a Real Madrid fan.

• Like 11
23 hours ago, 22A said:

Just found this on Youtube under Recommended videos; it's only ten seconds long.

This guy, having to take a week off work. I doubt very much that it was because he was upset, probably more due to the fact that he's a massive Sag nause who has continually revelled in any misfortune we've had for years and years. He clearly knew that the opportunity for anyone else to give him some grief back would have been taken and relentless, and he knew he wouldn't have a leg to stand on. You can just imagine what he's like - every workplace has one...

FTG

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
On 13/05/2020 at 18:32, 22A said:

Just found this on Youtube under Recommended videos; it's only ten seconds long.

I'm guessing, given the recent run of the saggies pre lockdown, he'd have been off work for weeks.....

On 13/05/2020 at 18:32, 22A said:

to be fair to the bloke, I had to have a week off work after this as well, due to aching ribs after laughing

• Haha 3
4 hours ago, BS3City said:

This guy, having to take a week off work. I doubt very much that it was because he was upset, probably more due to the fact that he's a massive Sag nause who has continually revelled in any misfortune we've had for years and years. He clearly knew that the opportunity for anyone else to give him some grief back would have been taken and relentless, and he knew he wouldn't have a leg to stand on. You can just imagine what he's like - every workplace has one...

FTG

Bless him...thinking a week later the piss taking will have died down and everyone would’ve forgotten about it 🤣

You’re absolutely spot on, it gives me a very smug feeling inside thinking about all those Sagheads and what they must have felt after spending most of that season telling US we were definitely going down. 🤣

All those times they celebrated us losing league matches in divisions above them against teams that would’ve put 10 past the Sags had they been the opposition and not us.

Sag nause indeed, many workplaces have more than one...I never tire of telling them how much I find their relegation to non league hilarious.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Bless him...thinking a week later the piss taking will have died down and everyone would’ve forgotten about it 🤣

You’re absolutely spot on, it gives me a very smug feeling inside thinking about all those Sagheads and what they must have felt after spending most of that season telling US we were definitely going down. 🤣

All those times they celebrated us losing league matches in divisions above them against teams that would’ve put 10 past the Sags had they been the opposition and not us.

Sag nause indeed, many workplaces have more than one...I never tire of telling them how much I find their relegation to non league hilarious.

How many of them actually go and see that rubbish (& I don't count slipping Bob the gateman a fiver to get in) Not many I suspect judging by the sell out crowds at Turnip Patch Tent City. It's like the window lickers who phone in to Radio Bristol after the match and give an opinion on a game they've not seen but listened to on the radio. "It was definitely a penalty Geoff from what I heard on the radio, stone wall" Comedy gold.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, TRUEBRIT66 said:

Well they have binned this season, the top layer of the pitch is gone down the minimal !

This is probably their way to save on the Water bill.

15 minutes ago, TRUEBRIT66 said:

Well they have binned this season, the top layer of the pitch is gone down the minimal !

Probably already bagged up and sold on as munure by now.

• Haha 2
55 minutes ago, TRUEBRIT66 said:

The groundsman has sold the turf and was hoping that it would grow back before anyone noticed.

You have just torpedoed his cunning plan.

14 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Well, with today`s League 2 decision there is a well supported West Country club in League 1 again.

Plymouth will probably average something like 4k more than the s*ggies will at home next season.

They were in League One in 17/18 and averaged 10,413.

Take in account the additional away fans that wouldn't have made the extra 124 mile trip.

Edited by Seneca the Younger
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Seneca the Younger said:

They were in League One in 17/18 and averaged 10,413

Thanks. I thought it was something like that. Bear in mind they were poor and went down that season too - the blue few would cut their right bollocks off for crowds like that.

#comingforus

The bizarre things you see on your travels...…
driving home tonight through Old Down (the Thornbury one) I saw an actual adult man wearing 'da famus quarterz' sporting the No2 on the back with the name LITTLE emblazoned across the back!

They walk among us!

• Haha 6
18 minutes ago, cider hoss rules said:

driving home tonight through Old Down (the Thornbury one) I saw an actual adult man wearing 'da famus quarterz' sporting the No2 on the back with the name LITTLE emblazoned across the back!

They walk among us!

Lockdown`s been lifted, they`re probably chucked out the house all day now - a bit like staying in a seaside boarding house during the sixties.

• Haha 1
31 minutes ago, cider hoss rules said:

They walk among us!

Was it Mark Little?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
13 hours ago, cider hoss rules said:

They walk among us!

Sounds like they were filming a new series of Trigger Happy TV.