Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

Bristol Rovers Dustbin Thread


Recommended Posts

On 21/05/2020 at 21:26, semblar said:

600 STs.... about where we were after hour one of the first day of renewals... or am I underestimating our side of the equation?

I think anyone at any club is very lucky to be able to spend money on a season ticket at the moment.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎21‎/‎05‎/‎2020 at 12:36, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Just imagine having 600 people buy STs for your club...

No wonder they go around telling everyone what huge support they have.

That was in the first 10 seconds mind,before their website crashed under the load!

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I think anyone at any club is very lucky to be able to spend money on a season ticket at the moment.

We aren't 5slking about this moment. We are talking about sales for next season, when they went on sale. Before there was any indication that the effects would be anything like they are now. 

A time when the call went out to support your play off push for next season, having given BG a "free" half season, so make a silk purse out of a pigs ear. 

A time for the "loyal & true" gashed army to step up and support their club, like not many others can.... 

600...!😂😂😂

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

We aren't 5slking about this moment. We are talking about sales for next season, when they went on sale. Before there was any indication that the effects would be anything like they are now. 

A time when the call went out to support your play off push for next season, having given BG a "free" half season, so make a silk purse out of a pigs ear. 

A time for the "loyal & true" gashed army to step up and support their club, like not many others can.... 

600...!😂😂😂

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂     MASSIVE 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/05/2020 at 09:53, Vincent Vega said:

This has just popped up on my memories.  Remember when the dog botherer was linked with Leeds 🤣

Screenshot_20200523-095203_Facebook.thumb.jpg.b2f9533f9072b626d10fd15785bbf8d0.jpg

 

Thanks for bringing this up again. Pure Gold!

And where to start!? Fastest rising club in League One... New stadium around the corner... HUGE fanbase... Premiership club!!!

I wonder if icegas is this guy...

 

DnoGR7MW0AADEdQ.jpg

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/05/2020 at 12:36, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Just imagine having 600 people buy STs for your club...

No wonder they go around telling everyone what huge support they have.

 

1 hour ago, BS13 Robin said:

That was in the first 10 seconds mind,before their website crashed under the load!

No no no, you've both got it wrong. It was 600 per seat

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/05/2020 at 09:53, Vincent Vega said:

This has just popped up on my memories.  Remember when the dog botherer was linked with Leeds 🤣

Screenshot_20200523-095203_Facebook.thumb.jpg.b2f9533f9072b626d10fd15785bbf8d0.jpg

Apparently I posted this on Facebook, to describe the exhaustive approach Leeds had taken to identify their candidates. 
 

DC5FF440-E5F1-4712-9E10-31A8C8AB9244.jpeg

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

We aren't 5slking about this moment. We are talking about sales for next season, when they went on sale. Before there was any indication that the effects would be anything like they are now. 

A time when the call went out to support your play off push for next season, having given BG a "free" half season, so make a silk purse out of a pigs ear. 

A time for the "loyal & true" gashed army to step up and support their club, like not many others can.... 

600...!😂😂😂

They went on sale in April. I have been a season ticket holder for I would guess about 25 years and I haven't renewed yet, I'm furloughed my wife (a care worker) was instructed to stay at home for 4 weeks during which time she only got sick pay and my son has been furloughed. Hopefully when all this is over I will have a job to go back to, but there is no way I will be buying a season ticket until I'm sure I can use it.

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Miah Dennehy said:

They went on sale in April. I have been a season ticket holder for I would guess about 25 years and I haven't renewed yet, I'm furloughed my wife (a care worker) was instructed to stay at home for 4 weeks during which time she only got sick pay and my son has been furloughed. Hopefully when all this is over I will have a football club to go back to, but there is no way I will be buying a season ticket until I'm sure I can use it.

Corrected for you. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

They went on sale in April. I have been a season ticket holder for I would guess about 25 years and I haven't renewed yet, I'm furloughed my wife (a care worker) was instructed to stay at home for 4 weeks during which time she only got sick pay and my son has been furloughed. Hopefully when all this is over I will have a job to go back to, but there is no way I will be buying a season ticket until I'm sure I can use it.

Fingers crossed that you all get back to work and you can enjoy watching that shower of shite again very soon

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

They went on sale in April. I have been a season ticket holder for I would guess about 25 years and I haven't renewed yet, I'm furloughed my wife (a care worker) was instructed to stay at home for 4 weeks during which time she only got sick pay and my son has been furloughed. Hopefully when all this is over I will have a job to go back to, but there is no way I will be buying a season ticket until I'm sure I can use it.

Did they..? 

 

Screenshot_20200524_195141_com.android.chrome.jpg

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Miah Dennehy said:

They went on sale in April. I have been a season ticket holder for I would guess about 25 years and I haven't renewed yet, I'm furloughed my wife (a care worker) was instructed to stay at home for 4 weeks during which time she only got sick pay and my son has been furloughed. Hopefully when all this is over I will have a job to go back to, but there is no way I will be buying a season ticket until I'm sure I can use it.

I hope it all works out for you Miah. I can only imagine the worry you are facing.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Did they..? 

 

Screenshot_20200524_195141_com.android.chrome.jpg

Sorry yes it was March. I was due to be in Guildford that week and was advised by my boss to work from home, the corona virus was already obviously a problem . You can take the piss all you want, it is a piss taking thread after all, but I wouldn't knock anyone from any club who isn't renewing at the moment.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GreedyHarry said:

I hope it all works out for you Miah. I can only imagine the worry you are facing.

Thanks, I'm sure there are a lot more people far worse off than me. My main point was that season ticket renewal must be way, way down on many people's priorities right now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

They went on sale in April. I have been a season ticket holder for I would guess about 25 years and I haven't renewed yet, I'm furloughed my wife (a care worker) was instructed to stay at home for 4 weeks during which time she only got sick pay and my son has been furloughed. Hopefully when all this is over I will have a job to go back to, but there is no way I will be buying a season ticket until I'm sure I can use it.

Good Luck Miah.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, BristolCity1992 said:

 

Miah an organisation that I'm a part of have been running a fund for Bristol care workers that aren't able to work. We don't have much to give, but if things are tight drop us an email careworkersnetworkbristol@gmail.com or message me. If not needed then even letting wife's colleagues know etc would be great!

 

Also goes for anyone else reading that works in health and social care and I struggling due to the current situation.

Thank you, I think we will be okay, but it is good to know help is available if needed.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Sorry yes it was March. I was due to be in Guildford that week and was advised by my boss to work from home, the corona virus was already obviously a problem . You can take the piss all you want, it is a piss taking thread after all, but I wouldn't knock anyone from any club who isn't renewing at the moment.

I like your posts & input usually. I'm sorry to hear things a tough and hope you come through it all OK. 

But, don't come on your rivals forum & this thread and expect us not to take the piss. And I'm not taking the piss out of anyone whose not buying a season ticket NOW. 

I'm taking the piss that, pre-restrictions kicking in, 600 of your self proclaimed loyal & true, felt inclined to commit to supporting your club, for the coming season. Before anyone was aware that next season would be effected. 

Hopefully Rovers won't be around for next season, but that's peibably wishful thinking on my part. 

Stay safe & enjoy the sunshine. 

Otib. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I like your posts & input usually. I'm sorry to hear things a tough and hope you come through it all OK. 

But, don't come on your rivals forum & this thread and expect us not to take the piss. And I'm not taking the piss out of anyone whose not buying a season ticket NOW. 

I'm taking the piss that, pre-restrictions kicking in, 600 of your self proclaimed loyal & true, felt inclined to commit to supporting your club, for the coming season. Before anyone was aware that next season would be effected. 

Hopefully Rovers won't be around for next season, but that's peibably wishful thinking on my part. 

Stay safe & enjoy the sunshine. 

Otib. 

And I'm saying , corona virus was a big worry when tickets when on sale. I only highlighted what was happening in my household the reasons why I haven't renewed, to highlight that it would be the same ( and much worse) in many other cases. I think my family will be fine btw , in reality , if things don't work out all that well, it will probably just mean I will have to curtail things like football, rugby. horse racing and generally pissing my money up against the wall, rather than having to worry where the next meal is coming from, but I do thank everyone for their kind messages.

Of course it's a piss taking thread and I don't think any -sane- Rovers fan could deny that your support , especially season ticket wise, absolutely blows ours out of the water, I was just pointing out that the figure of 600 for this season, has a lot more to do with people's personal finances and/or worries about the future , than it does to do with the fact that our football team/club is currently even more of a shambles than it usually is :)

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, BristolCity1992 said:

 

Miah an organisation that I'm a part of have been running a fund for Bristol care workers that aren't able to work. We don't have much to give, but if things are tight drop us an email careworkersnetworkbristol@gmail.com or message me. If not needed then even letting wife's colleagues know etc would be great!

 

Also goes for anyone else reading that works in health and social care and I struggling due to the current situation.

Great gesture and so nice there are decent people out there 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

And I'm saying , corona virus was a big worry when tickets when on sale. I only highlighted what was happening in my household the reasons why I haven't renewed, to highlight that it would be the same ( and much worse) in many other cases. I think my family will be fine btw , in reality , if things don't work out all that well, it will probably just mean I will have to curtail things like football, rugby. horse racing and generally pissing my money up against the wall, rather than having to worry where the next meal is coming from, but I do thank everyone for their kind messages.

Of course it's a piss taking thread and I don't think any -sane- Rovers fan could deny that your support , especially season ticket wise, absolutely blows ours out of the water, I was just pointing out that the figure of 600 for this season, has a lot more to do with people's personal finances and/or worries about the future , than it does to do with the fact that our football team/club is currently even more of a shambles than it usually is :)

Ignore him, BTW, what's your issue with Shamrock Rovers? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Galway Red said:

Ignore him, BTW, what's your issue with Shamrock Rovers? 

I watched Bohs once while I was in Dublin and really liked it there and obviously they have the big rivalry with them. After that I met a few Shamrock fans at a Celtic game and they were a couple of dicks, so  that sort of compounded my feelings toward them.

I quite enjoyed my visit to Galway United a few years back btw, was sad to see them go down.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I quite enjoyed my visit to Galway United a few years back btw, was sad to see them go down.

 

I’m not sure if Galway Red is a native of Galway ROI or Galway Road KW?

Edit: hahaha, scrap that...clearly ROI judging by the comment below.

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I watched Bohs once while I was in Dublin and really liked it there and obviously they have the big rivalry with them. After that I met a few Shamrock fans at a Celtic game and they were a couple of dicks, so  that sort of compounded my feelings toward them.

I quite enjoyed my visit to Galway United a few years back btw, was sad to see them go down.

 

Back on the way up now, they were bankers to win their division this year and get promoted back to the top flight, a little known fact is that they were owned for a short time by Nick Leeson the man who broke Berings bank

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Galway Red said:

Back on the way up now, they were bankers to win their division this year and get promoted back to the top flight, a little known fact is that they were owned for a short time by Nick Leeson the man who broke Berings bank

I definitely intend to get there again some day. I loved Galway, all the buzz of Dublin. but in a much more subtle, sedate way. A kind of Dublin for the middle aged!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I definitely intend to get there again some day. I loved Galway, all the buzz of Dublin. but in a much more subtle, sedate way. A kind of Dublin for the middle aged!

Galway is fantastic, so many people there see it as a mini Bristol

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...