Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Bristol Rovers Dustbin Thread


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Hahahaha, we lose 2 games (so far) in a division they haven’t been as high as for a quarter of a century and they’ve already racked up 7 pages 🤣

Imagine what they’d be like if we ever got relegated from the football league by a club wearing our kit?

Or if we claimed to be the 6th richest club in the country before erecting a new tent stand?

Or we lost our best player for peanuts to our much bigger rivals after saying he wouldn’t be sold for less than £10 million?

Or one of the hundreds of other comedy moments they’ve provided over the last 5 years? 🤣🤣

Of course, they’re not obsessed though...apparently.

9 minutes 40 seconds onwards, hilarious.

 

 

Absolutely hilarious.

I feel sorry for the guys making the video having to experience the half wits and dregs of society.

What a bunch of needy weirdos they are. Constantly on their phones checking the score of their rivals, so not even bothered about the paint drying dross they're watching. It could be that their attention span is that of a goldfish or lemming or that they have a lobotinous medical condition. Hopefully we were doing well that day as I would hate for the guys making that video having to witness the nightmare of the witless few pulling each other off and foaming at the mouth just because we were losing.

Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ex-bristol-rovers-boss-graham-4277194.amp
 

For a player to run his contract down then possibly Move to the Famous Mansfield Town in a lower league because they have offered more money tells you everything you need to know about the roverzzz. 
 

May have gazumped Rovers offer. What do they pay their players 

Edited by Red Army 75
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ex-bristol-rovers-boss-graham-4277194.amp
 

For a player to run his contract down then possibly Move to the Famous Mansfield Town in a lower league because they have offered more money tells you everything you need to know about the roverzzz. 
 

May have gazumped Rovers offer. What do they pay their players 

from that article:

"Should Clarke swap the Mem for Field Mill, he would be forfeiting a testimonial earned for 10 years of service with the Gas. "

My understanding on the way a testimonial works is that gate receipts will go to the player (and/or as is often the case the Players choice of charities).

Doesnt this imply for it to be of "real value" some of the Blue few would actually turn up and pay for a change? If Mansfield pay better wages than the fewers and he gets say a 3 year contract he may be better off just leaving anyway?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hollowhead scarpered to Grimsby in the basement division rather than go to the camp site. He even claims to have put his own money into the club, to keep him as far away from the blue few. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ex-bristol-rovers-boss-graham-4277194.amp
 

For a player to run his contract down then possibly Move to the Famous Mansfield Town in a lower league because they have offered more money tells you everything you need to know about the roverzzz. 
 

May have gazumped Rovers offer. What do they pay their players 

Nothing says, "you're 28, at the peak of your career, we want you to stay" more than a 12 month contract.

Appreciate that with games being closed to fans clubs are going to find it difficult to know what to do, but 12 months hardly seems to roll out the welcome mat.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Swede said:

Absolutely hilarious.

I feel sorry for the guys making the video having to experience the half wits and dregs of society.

What a bunch of needy weirdos they are. Constantly on their phones checking the score of their rivals, so not even bothered about the paint drying dross they're watching. It could be that their attention span is that of a goldfish or lemming or that they have a lobotinous medical condition. Hopefully we were doing well that day as I would hate for the guys making that video having to witness the nightmare of the witless few pulling each other off and foaming at the mouth just because we were losing.

You beat Fulham 2-1. Our game was effectively over and Fulham pulled one back late on, so by then I was just willing Fulham on , sadly wasn't to be. I have enjoyed your more recent results though :)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Nothing says, "you're 28, at the peak of your career, we want you to stay" more than a 12 month contract.

Appreciate that with games being closed to fans clubs are going to find it difficult to know what to do, but 12 months hardly seems to roll out the welcome mat.

Exactly. Usually a player will run his contract down and better himself financially and have more options who to play for . But to go to Mansfield who we all love is strange. Maybe he realises what a shit club rovers are . And probably he’s not that good. Mickey Mouse Rovers 

Edited by Red Army 75
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just reading some reaction to him leaving on the Post website from Gasheads. Got to love this one...

"Thanks for your service and effort Ollie. Magic moments like your goal at Eastleigh away will never be forgotten."

Your damn right it wont, Non League Bristol Rovers. We're never forgetting that either!

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

You beat Fulham 2-1. Our game was effectively over and Fulham pulled one back late on, so by then I was just willing Fulham on , sadly wasn't to be. I have enjoyed your more recent results though :)

You still don’t see how sad it is to be at a home game but checking our result. I genuinely don’t know who you are playing from one week to the next . You as a fan base are more concerned with us doing well than you’re own club. It’s why you’ll never do anything 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

You still don’t see how sad it is to be at a home game but checking our result. I genuinely don’t know who you are playing from one week to the next . You as a fan base are more concerned with us doing well than you’re own club. It’s why you’ll never do anything 

I'll have a few quid with you that most members of this forum find out how  we have got on within a few minutes of your own game ending , I don't mind admitting that- if we are mid table- the next result I look for is yours. I think that is all 'part of the fun'. 

There is a certain irony in your post in that it is on the one 1301st page of a thread about us . Enjoy the rivalry, I do :)

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

 

There is a certain irony in your post in that it is on the one 1301st page of a thread about us . Enjoy the rivalry, I do :)

Get it right.

It's 1301 pages of taking the piss out of you lot!  Not checking to see how you're getting on.

With a fair bit of it coming from you for some weird reason.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I'll have a few quid with you that most members of this forum find out how  we have got on within a few minutes of your own game ending , I don't mind admitting that- if we are mid table- the next result I look for is yours. I think that is all 'part of the fun'. 

There is a certain irony in your post in that it is on the one 1301st page of a thread about us . Enjoy the rivalry, I do :)

I’ll fess up! I always look to see how the Gas have got on. I started watching city in the late 80s. At that time the clubs were very evenly matched (on the pitch at least) and the rivalry was bloody fierce. Even though over the years we’ve pulled ahead of them generally, I still can’t break that mindset of having to see how they’ve done (or more commonly these days, who they’ve been done by!).

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, RedEd73 said:

I’ll fess up! I always look to see how the Gas have got on. I started watching city in the late 80s. At that time the clubs were very evenly matched (on the pitch at least) and the rivalry was bloody fierce. Even though over the years we’ve pulled ahead of them generally, I still can’t break that mindset of having to see how they’ve done (or more commonly these days, who they’ve been done by!).

Confession is good for the soul! 

(Hope you have a shit night tonight btw)

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 42nite said:

Get it right.

It's 1301 pages of taking the piss out of you lot!  Not checking to see how you're getting on.

With a fair bit of it coming from you for some weird reason.

 

 

You're in denial :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't say that I ever check for Rovers' results, unless of course I hear that they're losing by 4 or 5. Or that they're playing against a team wearing the Rovers away kit and could get relegated to the conference.....

Other than that I really couldn't give a monkies. It is funny (and oh so easy) to take the pee though....

Edited by Taz
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Gazred said:

"Thanks for your service and effort Ollie. Magic moments like your goal at Eastleigh away will never be forgotten."

Sort of sums it up really doesn’t it ? 
 

Whilst some players dine out on a goal at Wembley or against a footballing giant Ollie’s goal away at Eastleigh will never be forgotten.

:laugh:

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Confession is good for the soul! 

(Hope you have a shit night tonight btw)

Miah, how gracious of you!.  Honestly, the season is most probably gone, so a bad result would sting (never want us to lose) but might force some changes which may benefit us in the long term (caveat....be careful what you wish for)!.

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Confession is good for the soul! 

(Hope you have a shit night tonight btw)

At least we're still playing ,not like your numpty bottom of the range leagues that no ****** is interested in and is more trouble than it's worth to continue............basically saying "who the **** cares " !

What is it with you recently, rag week ?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

At least we're still playing ,not like your numpty bottom of the range leagues that no ****** is interested in and is more trouble than it's worth to continue............basically saying "who the **** cares " !

What is it with you recently, rag week ?

Don't let it get to you :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I'll have a few quid with you that most members of this forum find out how  we have got on within a few minutes of your own game ending , I don't mind admitting that- if we are mid table- the next result I look for is yours. I think that is all 'part of the fun'. 

There is a certain irony in your post in that it is on the one 1301st page of a thread about us . Enjoy the rivalry, I do :)

Edit: Of course the other irony is that the Villa fans behind us were chatting about the Birmingham City score!

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Edit: Of course the other irony is that the Villa fans behind us were chatting about the Birmingham City score!

Hi Miah,

Sorry to go off at a tangent, but I notice from your GasChat and GasHeads forums that mention is made of some 'dislike' between the now-departed Ollie Clarke and a certain Steve(n?) Kaufman.

I don't recall his name in any recent Rovers squads, so are you able to shed any light on this?

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Hi Miah,

Sorry to go off at a tangent, but I notice from your GasChat and GasHeads forums that mention is made of some 'dislike' between the now-departed Ollie Clarke and a certain Steve(n?) Kaufman.

I don't recall his name in any recent Rovers squads, so are you able to shed any light on this?

I don't really go on Gaschat and have never heard of Steve Kaufman, sorry.

 

Edit: There is a poster called Stevie K who writes match reports on the Gasheads forum, could be him?

Edited by Miah Dennehy
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I don't really go on Gaschat and have never heard of Steve Kaufman, sorry.

 

Edit: There is a poster called Stevie K who writes match reports on the Gasheads forum, could be him?

Thanks for that, although I don't really read Rovers' match reports as I have enough of a laugh about them on this thread.

Whilst your explanation does make sense, I am not sure why he would receive such negative comments as I thought he was a local boy.

From GasHeads:

'Presumably Stevie K is popping the champagne corks right now.'

From GasChat:

'Can't wait for SteveK's farewell message to Ollie.

"Dear Ollie,

I saw someone trying to drown some kittens the other day and I'm pretty sure it was you.

Thanks for getting the football season cancelled by the way.

I'll never forgive you.

With hate,

Steven Kaufman". 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Thanks for that, although I don't really read Rovers' match reports as I have enough of a laugh about them on this thread.

Whilst your explanation does make sense, I am not sure why he would receive such negative comments as I thought he was a local boy.

From GasHeads:

'Presumably Stevie K is popping the champagne corks right now.'

From GasChat:

'Can't wait for SteveK's farewell message to Ollie.

"Dear Ollie,

I saw someone trying to drown some kittens the other day and I'm pretty sure it was you.

Thanks for getting the football season cancelled by the way.

I'll never forgive you.

With hate,

Steven Kaufman". 

 

 

Although I go to most Rovers games, I like to read the reports as I miss most of the action looking at my phone checking to see how City are getting on  ;)

  • Haha 10
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I'll have a few quid with you that most members of this forum find out how  we have got on within a few minutes of your own game ending , I don't mind admitting that- if we are mid table- the next result I look for is yours. I think that is all 'part of the fun'. 

There is a certain irony in your post in that it is on the one 1301st page of a thread about us . Enjoy the rivalry, I do :)

No irony at all Miah. It’s a piss take thread as you well know. I genuinely don’t know who you’re playing until the half time scores are read out. As for checking my phone for your score while I’m watching city 😂😂😂 not a chance in hell. I’ve got quite a few gas mates , they’re all the same. If we lose 1-0 but you lose 3-0 they’ve had a good weekend . It’s pitiful really . 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...