Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Bristol Rovers Dustbin Thread

48 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

To my eternal shame, I like Adidas zx750 trainers. I didn't know the gas were all Adidas samba wearers, cheapskates. Does this mean I have to bin my zx's for some other brand? :(

If you look closely, you'll find the Fewers prefer SADIDAS, the brand with the 4 stripes.

3 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Fred West must be embarrassed and ashamed to be associated with such a vile load of low life scum..! 

I think you'll find that after this was brought to his attention he topped himself. Murder and incest he could handle, but the shame of that image was just too much.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
11 minutes ago, adamski said:

It would appear even one of the cardboard cut out “Pirate’s Parrots“ has given up and left it’s perch! 

1DF68811-F37C-4857-B426-C52E62E5BB43.jpeg

Actually stop what you're doing for a moment and take that picture in... 

Could anything look more shite, or more fitting for that absolute joke of a shambles...?! 

• Flames 1
9 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Actually stop what you're doing for a moment and take that picture in... 

Could anything look more shite, or more fitting for that absolute joke of a shambles...?! 

Embarrassing for Thatchers to be associated with that shower 

36 minutes ago, adamski said:

It would appear even one of the cardboard cut out “Pirate’s Parrots“ has given up and left it’s perch! 

1DF68811-F37C-4857-B426-C52E62E5BB43.jpeg

I can’t get over those cardboard cut outs. It looks more like a cheap firing range!

1 minute ago, Lew-T said:

I can’t get over those cardboard cut outs. It looks more like a cheap firing range!

They should stick their heads on these. 

shooting gallery.jpg

22 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Embarrassing for Thatchers to be associated with that shower 

Or Duck Tape, when you can't even stick a bit of cardboard to a barrier successfully....Poor performance from the apprentice office person right up to the owner...endemic incompetance 

Given the Massive attack comments, I thought I would tell you a true story.

A couple of years ago, I was recruiting for a contractor in the Bristol area and ended up taking a lovely guy called Sean on. He was a red SC holder and used to go to matches with his mate Rick.

A while later after Sean got a permanent job he said he was going to see his friends band. I said 'pub band'? 'Nah, a bit bigger than that'. Turned out to be Massive attack at Filton and Sean was just their mate and they bought SCs together.

All our customers now call him 'Massive' which makes him feel good.

Mates from their Easton days and big City fans.

• Like 4
4 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

They should stick their heads on these. 

shooting gallery.jpg

They won't use those, they're the same colours as their wonderful friends in the North East, the Mackems! And everyone knows how much Sunderland love the Gas and vice versa.

On 19/09/2020 at 21:01, Ska Junkie said:

I suppose they had to put the cutouts up as the deluded few had paid for them but the average methane snorter watchin their game today must have been thinking (apart from this is really shit) those damn shiteds will give us unbearable stick for this.

Yep saggies, we've seen it and are laughing at you, yet again!

#LOSERS

OTIB.

Getting thrown out of the league by Sir Colin, in a r*vers kit, has to be at the top of their list but being the only side knocked out of a cup competition before it started was pretty good, as was the window head butter. 

Another amusing story of a weird cup exit for Rovers.

92/93. They were trying to get into the Anglo-Italian cup.

As a kind of qualifier I guess, they had to win a group of them, West Ham and Southend.

First they played West Ham and drew 2-2, Next they beat Southend 3-0. Looking pretty good so far, West Ham would need to beat a 3-0 win to qualify.

West Ham beat Southend 3-0.

So Rovers and West Ham are both on 4 points, their game against each other was a draw, and they had the same goals scored. Nothing to separate them.

Normally at this point it would go down to discipline,  and the side with less bookings and/or red cards goes through. I'm not sure if this was also tied or not, but it went to a coin toss.

So were there club representatives sent to a location for it to be carried out? No, it was done over the phon, and they lost.

Rovers were knocked out of their chance of European football (of a sort) by the toss of a coin which they couldn't even witness.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1