Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

Bristol Rovers Dustbin Thread


Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, BetterRedthenBlue said:

I'd say with Tammy is was excitement mixed with trepidation given it was his first season of senior football. 

I don't remember any negativity when we signed him. 

No, I don't remember any. There was a lot of hope and, to a lesser extent, expectation. Turned out OK, though.

"Unlucky da shit"

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

It never ceases to amaze me, how much they want to be loved by everyone else. 
Really strange behaviour. 

Hahahaha, they’re so ******* needy it almost defies belief.

Well, the three responses they’ve got on there at the moment will do especially “smallest club in Bristol” 🤣

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

He was brought in just before JK left. They actually played in the same team away to Burton.

Yep, he’d already scored 2 in 2 by the time Kodjia left.

I remember a lot of excitement when we signed Tammy, Nketiah would’ve been similarly exciting. Very highly rated young striker destined for big things coming in from a top 6 Premiership club for a season. 
 

Don’t recall any moaning about that. I think when Kodjia left there were, rightly, some questions asked but that was more about the importance of JK to our side rather than doubts about TAs ability.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Embarrassing needy little fools . 

The fans being needy is one thing, but presumably Northampton are asking this of their fans on behalf of Bristol Rovers (the club) becuase of an official approach.

I like how most Northampton fans are recounting the playoff semis in 1998 where the gas tannoy man "counted his chickens" by mentioing or singing about wembley (or should that be wembly?) when they had secured a 3-1 first leg advantage only for them to be done 3-0 in the second leg.

Standard.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, cityal said:

The fans being needy is one thing, but presumably Northampton are asking this of their fans on behalf of Bristol Rovers (the club) becuase of an official approach.

I like how most Northampton fans are recounting the playoff semis in 1998 where the gas tannoy man "counted his chickens" by mentioing or singing about wembley (or should that be wembly?) when they had secured a 3-1 first leg advantage only for them to be done 3-0 in the second leg.

Standard.

My mate drove one of the supporters coaches that night. He borrowed a City scarf from me and put it up for the journey home.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Busterrimes said:

My mate drove one of the supporters coaches that night. He borrowed a City scarf from me and put it up for the journey home.

Went with a Cobblers supporting mate to see Northampton beat the Gas about 17 years ago at the Mem and after an hour of constant anti-City songs from the Blackthorn End, Northampton fans started singing ‘pro’ City songs to wind up the mutants on the terrace next to us.

 
The response to that from the toothless, slobbering badly dressed animals behind the fence was a thing of beauty and something that often makes me smile.

I’ve had a real soft spot for Northampton ever since.

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TomF said:

Loving the replies about 3-1 and they f**ked it up.. seems Northampton Town fans remember 1998 very well.  Coaches booked to Wemberleeeee en all. 

The replies are absolute comedy gold, like the bloke who handed over £20 to get in and the bloke on the turnstile gave him £25 change.

Why do they always ask other clubs what they think of them, hoping that they will receive reassurance and be told that they are more loved than da shit?!

Gift of the day from the daily gift 🎁 givers.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Final 3 Star said:

Things must be really bad over there if they're paying people to watch.

This kind of reassurance searching is right up there with the Sunderland love-in and their Man City snivelling.

Unlucky da shit!

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Gert Mare said:

This bloke got his eyes closed.....

42C32C5F-8D71-4FC2-9A1F-507472C384FE.thumb.jpeg.d67de3d0d5f6a7ce554eb32a3819bae9.jpeg
 

Is this the same bloke as this one from a few years back?

D21A09A4-395E-4B27-ABDA-A0E9D8004A8D.jpeg.5d15b6fc17bf66dadd575ff8c75b9022.jpeg

Was his sister in front of him?

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Red_Alligator said:

I see they're currently running a thread titled "Why we will never be successful" - methinks they may be on to something there. Plenty of mileage in that one.

Is the top answer "da shit"?

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Red_Alligator said:

I see they're currently running a thread titled "Why we will never be successful" - methinks they may be on to something there. Plenty of mileage in that one.

That's a little bit confusing. 

I'm sure we were told that their foray in to non league football was the best thing that ever happened to them and the resulting years have seen unparalleled success..! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Isawjonshaw said:

brilliant

9 hours ago, Red_Alligator said:

I see they're currently running a thread titled "Why we will never be successful" - methinks they may be on to something there. Plenty of mileage in that one.

I just had a look at it and disappointingly, it’s a statement rather than a question. The OP is stating that it’s because they sell their best players but don’t reinvest the money, seemingly oblivious to the fact that they are losing money hand over fist even when they have punters through the door.

It’s a quite depressing thread full of sensible answers with only a couple of “gifts” for us such as the guy who says he is also a Manchester United fan (never understood how that works) and the usual fantasist who thinks they are a big club with a huge fan base.

Edited by Port Said Red
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Red_Alligator said:

I see they're currently running a thread titled "Why we will never be successful" - methinks they may be on to something there. Plenty of mileage in that one.

One guy on that thread wants to get back to the days when they were arch rivals with Aston Villa!?!

Another, slightly more realistic, one has his sights firmly set on being like Doncaster United or Rotherham

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, richwwtk said:

One guy on that thread wants to get back to the days when they were arch rivals with Aston Villa!?!

Another, slightly more realistic, one has his sights firmly set on being like Doncaster United or Rotherham

I bet they crave the days when they were arch rivals to...... US..! 

In something other than location alone. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

One guy on that thread wants to get back to the days when they were arch rivals with Aston Villa!?!

Another, slightly more realistic, one has his sights firmly set on being like Doncaster United or Rotherham

they probably were rivals with Villa for a brief period....Villa climbed out of Division 3 in the 70's on their way to a European Cup win in the early 80's

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

they probably were rivals with Villa for a brief period....Villa climbed out of Division 3 in the 70's on their way to a European Cup win in the early 80's

The rivalry only lasted one season. It was 50/50. Villa had half the tote end.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

they probably were rivals with Villa for a brief period....Villa climbed out of Division 3 in the 70's on their way to a European Cup win in the early 80's

Yes, but you are forgetting that Villas European success was all down to those 2 fixtures against Rovers and for than, they will always hold them dear, as an intrinsic part of the formation of their recent history. 

I fact, if you watch back over their European Cup final, as they lift the trophy aloft, you can just about make out their captain dedicating their triumph to Bristol Rovers. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Yes, but you are forgetting that Villas European success was all down to those 2 fixtures against Rovers and for than, they will always hold them dear, as an intrinsic part of the formation of their recent history. 

I fact, if you watch back over their European Cup final, as they lift the trophy aloft, you can just about make out their captain dedicating their triumph to Bristol Rovers. 

Sad but true.

:yes:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...