Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

42nite

Bristol Rovers Dustbin Thread

1 hour ago, BRFC_Gas said:

No need, this is like throwing food to the chimps at a zoo and watching them fight over it, although chimps show more intelligence

Do you reckon chimps have more intelligence than horses?

19 hours ago, BRFC_Gas said:

20 million in transfer fees yet your best player isn't yours?

Neither is Lansdown the owner of Bristol City , me the owner of my house or Wallace the owner of Grommit , we are all just custodians of the time we have on this planet , that is n't ours .

16 hours ago, Tall King Blox said:

Economics for you don,t work then, as for best striker you are correct, shame he never played for the team, we will miss him, but we got more just waiting to piss you off waiting in the wings, cos you pricks always look for our results before you look at your own........gas logic

To be fair they have to scroll through a lot of proper leagues to get down to whatever piss pot league they play in these days so will always see us first. ALWAYS

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Neither is Lansdown the owner of Bristol City , me the owner of my house or Wallace the owner of Grommit , we are all just custodians of the time we have on this planet , that is n't ours .

Deep  Major, deep.

3 hours ago, BRFC_Gas said:

No need, this is like throwing food to the chimps at a zoo and watching them fight over it, although chimps show more intelligence

F*** me,you mean you had to edit THAT ?,the mind boggles.

22 minutes ago, BRFC_Gas said:

Yes, I initially said chimps had 'a lot more intelligence' but after careful consideration changed it to 'more intelligence'. Credit where it's due.

The 90s called, it wants it's terrible insults back.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, BRFC_Gas said:

Yes, I initially said chimps had 'a lot more intelligence' but after careful consideration changed it to 'more intelligence'. Credit where it's due.

So bitter.

26 minutes ago, BRFC_Gas said:

So, what you're saying is - Chimps are more intelligent than City fans but they're a LOT more intelligent than Rovers fans.

Thanks for clarifying.

Edited by WestonRobin

6 hours ago, BRFC_Gas said:

Actually, chimps share 97% of the same DNA as humans and know how to move a piano and make a nice cup of tea.

Better to be a chimp than a chump.

11 hours ago, Hello said:

Why should it. We all know Wael is part of tbe Jordanian FA and youth development.

If Waels investment in Rovers mean we get first dibs or give young Jordanian players an avenue to the English leagues what is the problem.

Also potentiay opens Rovers up to thst market even more

Obviously they need to be deemed good enough but seems perfectly logicsl to me

Good enough? You need more than that. They have to be full internationals who have played 75% of matches in the last 2 years... not too much of a problem... until you realise that the team has to be in the top 70 in the fifa rankings... I'll let you take a look at where Jordan are and decide  how well this is going to work out for you

• Like 3

BRFC_Sag toys with us like a kitten with a ball of string! Oh how he gets the better of us at every turn with his acute verbal sparring. I bet he boasts to all his sag chums how we are but putty in his hands! How can any of us on this forum compete with his wit and repartee, the ****...

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Hello said:

Why should it. We all know Wael is part of tbe Jordanian FA and youth development.

If Waels investment in Rovers mean we get first dibs or give young Jordanian players an avenue to the English leagues what is the problem.

No problem at all - the more, the merrier; we'd love to see you back in the conference.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, SalisburyRed said:

Radio 4 just played that awful dirge. The bloke who wrote it died or something

Yea in 1949..good to see the pedo ring are on the ball.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, SalisburyRed said:

Radio 4 just played that awful dirge. The bloke who wrote it died or something

First thing I heard when I switched on the radio.

Put me in a bad mood for the day. :angry: :badmood:

On 2 September 2016 at 09:38, DancinDannyD said:

Southern Englands second largest city... 

It's very unlike a City fan to misquote or twist the words of anything Rovers related isn't it? :P

Twist these words then, Prancer:

Bristol City have a first class 27,000 all-seater stadium; a multimillion pound squad; international footballers; 20,000 plus attendances; a Cat 2 Academy; a genuine bona-fide BILLIONAIRE Bristol born owner; a bright young manager who genuinely cares for the club; a first class training facility owned by the club; are £4m in credit for summer spending, despite spending £11m; are a Championship team and have a realistic opportunity of top flight football soon.

Bristol Rovers have...... well, I'll let you have a think about that one.

Compare and contrast, Prancer, and then ask yourself how stupid you lot look coming on here trying to wind US up? 

• Like 15

11 minutes ago, redfred said:

Twist these words then, Prancer:

Bristol City have a first class 27,000 all-seater stadium; a multimillion pound squad; international footballers; 20,000 plus attendances; a Cat 2 Academy; a genuine bona-fide BILLIONAIRE Bristol born owner; a bright young manager who genuinely cares for the club; a first class training facility owned by the club; are £4m in credit for summer spending, despite spending £11m; are a Championship team and have a realistic opportunity of top flight football soon.

Bristol Rovers have...... well, I'll let you have a think about that one.

Compare and contrast, Prancer, and then ask yourself how stupid you lot look coming on here trying to wind US up? 

Pretty easy to counter...

A team not capable of matching Reading U23's.

A 'billionaire' owner yet to spend anything. 

A best player who wanted to leave the club, but agreed to stay (for a year) when no one good wanted him. 

The shittest ground probably ever seen. 

A tent for a stand. 

A manager who is beyond unprofessional. 

And, most importantly, a weekly car boot at their home ground. 

• Like 17

Ruthless-darrell-clarke-challenges-bristol-rovers-players-to-keep-pace-with-championship ambition

i just read the above on the BP website and spat my tea over the laptop. What a numpty this bloke is. Mind you the blue few will no doubt lap it all up and believe it. Delusional at best!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

A best player who wanted to leave the club, but agreed to stay (for a year) when no one good wanted him. 

A tent for a stand. 

Great contrast, Fordy, but I'm afraid I'm going to have to pick you up on one of those points: they don't have 'a tent for a stand', they have TWO tents for stands. Two....

However, both do new seats in.....

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, redfred said:

Great contrast, Fordy, but I'm afraid I'm going to have to pick you up on one of those points: they don't have 'a tent for a stand', they have TWO tents for stands. Two....

However, both do new seats in.....

And a new canopy over the directors` entrance, lets not forget that major investment.

Them pikeys still on the UWE site or have the council moved them on yet BTW?

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

A tent for a stand. 

well to be fair, I was wondering why we don't have a indoor market at AG now we have that lovely concourse - pop in for a coffee at the shop, buy some tat from tantric healing inc, tye-dye t-shirt corp  etc - open one of the concession stands / or the bars so the husbands/boyfriends can go grab a pint and generally get people down there - who will then hopefully come ore often, use the coffee shop/bar and grill etc....

58 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

A tent for a stand. 

Simply has to be the worst ground in the FL... mismatch of stands, tents and patio furniture.

The lad on twitter who called it Chernobyl is wrong... At least the wildlife there have learnt to adapt and evolve within their surroundings, the same can't be said about the creatures who inhabit the Mem... judging by the majority of Gas posters who post here and on social media it can definitely be proved.

Basically comparing the Mem to Chernobyl is an insult to Chernobyl

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

A tent for a stand. 

I've heard that a representative of a big club did go to the Mem with the intention of buying their superstar striker,but ended up buying two chipped vases for a £1 from the car boot sale instead.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NOTBLUE said:

I've heard that a representative of a big club did go to the Mem with the intention of buying their superstar striker,but ended up buying two chipped vases for a £1 from the car boot sale instead.

Didn't realise they'd won the FA Vase. Thought they got knocked out by Bath.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

Didn't realise they'd won the FA Vase. Thought they got knocked out by Bath.

Well if they had of won it,I wouldn't put it past them to sell the thing.

• Like 1

On 1 September 2016 at 15:52, Bristol Rob said:

If the blue few had any sense they wouldn't buy tickets but travel en masse to Swindon.

Millwall used to do it years ago, travel in huge numbers without tickets and the police used to make sure they got in because it was easier to manage them that way.

I'm sure if they were all milling around in the pubs and car park the police would soon get them in the ground. 

'Course, that would require organising. Not their strong suit.

We've done it too, It's a very common accurance.

some don't like to admit it but I've travelled en masse to Sheff Wed, west Brom (twice), Wolves, Millwall, Cardiff,Pompey, Brentford, Liverpool, QPR and then there was the Gas at home, Everton at home (fans clashing with evertons firm, as they did the same and who can forget the Chelsea game at home were run ragged by many that didn't attend the game and a lot that forced their way in !I've also been to Millwall, brum with no intention of going to the game.

Trust me it's a recipe for disaster, costs the clubs money as extra police get involved, we've got one of the worst reputations in the country for violence and as a big club in the conference at least Rovers bullied themselves into having a similar reputation. Albeit on a pathetic level. This is not the answer.

I see bottom 4 side Bristol Rovers are at home to fellow strugglers Rochdale next Saturday in an early season 6 pointer relegation battle.   Not a game for the purist I would imagine.

46 minutes ago, Malago said:

I see bottom 4 side Bristol Rovers are at home to fellow strugglers Rochdale next Saturday in an early season 6 pointer relegation battle.   Not a game for the purist I would imagine.

I don't suppose you got that from the Bristol Post!

1 hour ago, roylegalatyeo said:

Look at the Blackburn thread in the menu,any similarities in the BR fc clubs ? Haha

No, Venky's have plenty of money, just won't spend it on Blackburn. Wally on the other hand...