Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

42nite

Bristol Rovers Dustbin Thread

3 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

But I thought they were coming for us. :dunno: 

Ah, but don't forget - when the Gas win the 2 games that they have in hand by scores of 5-0 and 4-0 (as we will undoubtedly be told that they will) they will then move up into the play-off places ;).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Robbored said:

Just ignore it like I do....

If the young and immature posters want to continue posting it that's they're choice.

You ignore it! what are you doing posting on it?

Of course if you ignore it you won't be looking at my reply!

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, TRL said:

You ignore it! what are you doing posting on it?

Of course if you ignore it you won't be looking at my reply!

By suggesting to ignore the gas thread I meant don't reply to it.........:sleeping:

12 minutes ago, Robbored said:

By suggesting to ignore the gas thread I meant don't reply to it.........:sleeping:

You've just replied to it!

28 minutes ago, Robbored said:

With the words "like I do"

You lost me, but have contributed  again.

14 hours ago, Between heaven and hell said:

I would plan a mass boycott of the Swindle game if I was a gas supporter. The decision by that Swindling bar steward Power is disgusting and is all about making money out of the away fans!

approx £50k by my reckoning, swindle don't have big crowds and not many would potd if the gas boycotted so it would hit power and swindle hard financially.

Personnally I can't stand the man

My understanding is season ticket holders have been given free entry for the rearranged game? If that's true then I can't see the problem. Clarke has purposely put out that misleading statement. 

There are terms and conditions about abandoned games. By buying a ticket a supporter accepts them terms and conditions. Usually it's free ticket / Refund if abandoned before half time. Half price entry before the 60th minute and no refund / discount  after the 60th minute. 

With that in mind I think it's quite honourable that the club are looking after those who have season tickets

I remember we once had a game abondoned at home against Notts County, think we were losing 2 nil before the abandonment after half time and I certainly remember having to at least part pay for a ticket for the.rearranged game.

52 minutes ago, TRL said:

With the words "like I do"

You lost me, but have contributed  again.

I obviously have lost you.......but don't worry about it.......:sleeping:

9 hours ago, Up The City! said:

My understanding is season ticket holders have been given free entry for the rearranged game? If that's true then I can't see the problem. Clarke has purposely put out that misleading statement. 

There are terms and conditions about abandoned games. By buying a ticket a supporter accepts them terms and conditions. Usually it's free ticket / Refund if abandoned before half time. Half price entry before the 60th minute and no refund / discount  after the 60th minute. 

With that in mind I think it's quite honourable that the club are looking after those who have season tickets

I remember we once had a game abondoned at home against Notts County, think we were losing 2 nil before the abandonment after half time and I certainly remember having to at least part pay for a ticket for the.rearranged game.

Yeah I remember that one, I won the half time draw and went onto the pitch area to collect my 500 quid. It was heaving it down and went from wet pitched to waterlogged in the duration of half time. By the time i got back to my seat, i was absolutely drenched!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Up The City! said:

Funny enough was it Devon White who scored for Notts county . Or have I got the wrong game

Since when have we started to give a shit about a sags opinion? 

Whenever I go out drinking I have to listen to them bang on about us, everything they do has to be refered back to us at some point in the conversation.

There's only one mob of supporters that are genuinely obsessed, it isn't us for sure. 

17 hours ago, Robbored said:

Just ignore it like I do....

If the young and immature posters want to continue posting it that's they're choice.

Young and immature! Not too much of a sweeping generalisation then. Same as anything else really, if you don't like it don't read it. Only you do...

5 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

I thought we were 0-1 down when called off and it was Heffernan who scored ?

Think u could be right . I'm sure Devon White scored against whilst playing for Notts county . Obviously a different game. Memory ain't as good as it was  :blink:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gl1 said:

Yeah I remember that one, I won the half time draw and went onto the pitch area to collect my 500 quid. It was heaving it down and went from wet pitched to waterlogged in the duration of half time. By the time i got back to my seat, i was absolutely drenched!

Was the money all right? The ink didn't run?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

I thought we were 0-1 down when called off and it was Heffernan who scored ?

I really liked Heff, I wish we could have held on to him and given him more game time after we sold Lita. He was just unfortunate that LL had a great season and stayed fit pretty much all of it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BS3City said:

Young and immature! Not too much of a sweeping generalisation then. Same as anything else really, if you don't like it don't read it. Only you do...

Why would a mature person want to criticise and slag off the Rovers? It's not as if they're serious rivals ffs! They're not even in the same league as us.

14 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Why would a mature person want to criticise and slag off the Rovers? It's not as if they're serious rivals ffs! They're not even in the same league as us.

Simple.   Because those of us who are mature have lived through times when they have been serious rivals, and indeed have been a major irritant (will never forget or forgive Gary Smart!)  I cannot comprehend how a mature genuine City fan wouldn't want to criticise them and slag them off. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Why would a mature person constantly seek attention on a forum?

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, red panda said:

Simple.   Because those of us who are mature have lived through times when they have been serious rivals, and indeed have been a major irritant (will never forget or forgive Gary Smart!)  I cannot comprehend how a mature genuine City fan wouldn't want to criticise them and slag them off. 

Get over it mate. 

Forgive and forget 

On ‎04‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 10:14, Whooooossshhhh said:

Mechanically derived hole, Tone. 

It's how I served them up you should be worrying about!                 :shocking: 

That's a relief

12 hours ago, Up The City! said:

No problem with season ticket holders getting in free - they buy a ticket to see every league game played at home.

The terms and conditions re. abandoned games are up to each individual club, however, Swindon do not have a clear policy included in their fans charter, so make it up as they go along. A tenner reduction for the re-arranged game would have been fine, and I'm sure that they would still have covered their costs as the majority of people would take up the offer.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Just to clarify, is it mature or immature to consistently post on a thread, telling others not to post in the thread..? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gazred said:

What's with the American English? Dustbin i'll have you know!

Given their owner it probably should be صندوق القمامة

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Just to clarify, is it mature or immature to consistently post on a thread, telling others not to post in the thread..? 

:facepalm:.......yet another who misses the point.

To clarity.....I don't post anything Rovers related on this thread because I'm not interested in A) Rovers B) in slagging them off. I've outgrown all that years ago. 

Thats not to say i didn't used to rubbish them when I thought it was cool to do it but not these days.

Why not? Because I've grown up and realise how ridiculous it is. I wrongly assumed that some others had grown up as well - but obviously not.

13 hours ago, Up The City! said:

Swindon season ticket holders get to go for free, everyone else including Rovers away supporters have to pay again.  Clarke hasn't misled anyone.

Also the game was abandoned on 59 minutes - but that's neither here nor there in my opinion.  It's about doing the right thing, not hiding behind the letter of the law.  The Rovers fans have incurred travel costs and spent money on tickets to watch an event that was ultimately null and void.  There is nothing "honourable" about it, it's a disgrace.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

To clarity.....I don't post anything Rovers related on this thread because I'm not interested in A) Rovers B) in slagging them off. I've outgrown all that years ago. 

Thats not to say i didn't used to rubbish them when I thought it was cool to do it but not these days.

Why not? Because I've grown up and realise how ridiculous it is. I wrongly assumed that some others had grown up as well - but obviously not.

So in short, you no longer think its "cool" to slag off the Rovers anymore because you have grown up?

Perhaps then, you could allow your fellow Reds the courtesy of "growing up" at their own rate and for they themselves to decide that its not "cool" anymore much as you did yourself?

I understand where you and others come from. I hated Rovers in the late 80s and early 90s as a teenager. Those days are long gone but never forgotten, i still enjoy having a laugh at them and posting the odd dig regardless of if it is "cool" or not.

Why do people who have no interest even bother clicking on the thread, let alone posting in here. Bizarre.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Robbored said:

dont-grow-up-its-a-trap.jpg

• Like 6

59 minutes ago, In the Net said:

No problem with season ticket holders getting in free - they buy a ticket to see every league game played at home.

The terms and conditions re. abandoned games are up to each individual club, however, Swindon do not have a clear policy included in their fans charter, so make it up as they go along. A tenner reduction for the re-arranged game would have been fine, and I'm sure that they would still have covered their costs as the majority of people would take up the offer.

aye you are correct,

28    Postponements and Abandonments – Procedures for Re-Arrangement and Refunds 

28.1    In the event of any League Match not being played owing to Football Association Cup Matches, weather or other causes over which neither Club has any control or being ordered to be replayed it shall be played on a date to be mutually arranged, but at the earliest reasonable opportunity and in any event prior to the last scheduled round of fixtures in the Normal Playing Season. Both Clubs shall notify The League of such arrangements within seven days of the postponement being identified, for the approval of The League. Any League Match not so arranged shall have its date fixed by The League. 

28.2    Notwithstanding the provisions of Regulation 28.1, The League reserves the right at any time to reschedule a League Match after consultation with and consideration of representations from the Clubs involved. 

28.3    Each Club must ensure that both: 

28.3.1    its home ground (being the ground that is registered in accordance with Regulation 13.6); and 

28.3.2    any Registered Players, 

remain available to the Club during the period of 4 days commencing with the day after the day of the Club’s last fixture in the League Competition (including play off matches) so as to enable the fulfilment of any fixtures (in full or in part) ordered by The League to be played after the end of the Season (if any). 

28.4    Every Club must have a publicly stated policy regarding ticket refunds or other arrangements for abandoned Matches. 
Read more at http://www.efl.com/global/section5.aspx#Zyql0GVUWtr5CjXv.99

generally anything after the 60th minute (rovers was called off in the 61st) then clubs don't refund tickets

10 minutes ago, Robbored said:

That is such an obnoxious reply! 

Who are you to tell people what they should find humorous and who or where to post their "banter"..?

If there were numerous threads appearing, then you'd have some point, but with everything appearing in one thread, clearly entitled to suggest the topic of content that it may contain, it's easy to avoid if people's reference to your friends is not to your own particular taste. 

As a 37 year old lifelong City supporter, damn right I enjoy mocking the blue few at the never ending shambles that is their club. 

You have every right not to like it, not to partake in the ridicule and be the more mature, forgive and forget type pacifist. 

Just as I and others have the right to comment on each and every episode of their, quite frankly hilarious, circus and mock their dillusional beliefs. Especially on a thread clearly entitled "Bristol Rovers"

Get off your high horse and stop re-confirming the views of many on here, that you are a cantankerous old git with a sickening soft spot for those in Horfield who in return, dillusionally mock us every bit as we do to them. 

• Like 19

4 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Who are you to tell people what they should find humorous and who or where to post their "banter"..?

If there were numerous threads appearing, then you'd have some point, but with everything appearing in one thread, clearly entitled to suggest the topic of content that it may contain, it's easy to avoid if people's reference to your friends is not to your own particular taste. 

As a 37 year old lifelong City supporter, damn right I enjoy mocking the blue few at the never ending shambles that is their club. 

You have every right not to like it, not to partake in the ridicule and be the more mature, forgive and forget type pacifist. 

Just as I and others have the right to comment on each and every episode of their, quite frankly hilarious, circus and mock their dillusional beliefs. Especially on a thread clearly entitled "Bristol Rovers"

Get off your high horse and stop re-confirming the views of many on here, that you are a cantankerous old git with a sickening soft spot for those in Horfield who in return, dillusionally mock us every bit as we do to them. 

I don't think that highly of him!

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Harsh but funny 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, In the Net said:

I think you'll find that Trashcan Gate is a little closer to home for you reds! :facepalm:

And there sums up the retarded mentality of the blue few. 

Do you not understand that the reason we mock your shithole of a ground is because it actually is, literally, the worst ground in the football league and the fact that your "billionaire"owner deems it fitting for "the 6th richest club in England" to put up another tent with seats and a 4ft roof over the Directors bar entrance is in a whole different galaxy to Ashton Gate, which has been developed into one of the most impressive, uniquely designed stadiums (not biggest, before you try and twist it) in the country.

#gaslogic

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, El Hombrecito said:

Ah yes hideous isn't it...

CqTZ-ynWgAABzth.jpg:large

Clearly not enough tarp and white plastic seats for their tastes.

Oh and a Santa's Grotto, how could I forget the Grotto.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I to am a life long City supporter as many of us are but as I posted earlier in this thread I have no interest in the Gas or in slagging them off in this forum.

Thats not to say that I don't enjoy "debating" with some of the gasheads I know.  It's banter and always a laugh. No-one takes it seriously.

A mate of mine passed away earlier this year - a dedicted Gashead and season ticket holder at the Mem. He had three sons and one of them did his eulogy at the graveside. He mentioned that his dad had three sons and said "he brought two us the right way"  a tongue in cheek remark that his older brother is a City fan.....there was a chuckle at the gravesite. and lots of smiles even on a such a sad day.

How anyone can claim to "hate" the gasheads is simply ludicrous in my view.

32 minutes ago, In the Net said:

I think you'll find that Trashcan Gate is a little closer to home for you reds! :facepalm:

Given the number of temporary structures and plastic roofs shouldn't we call your place The Memorial Slum?

Perhaps Wael could then be Called Slumdog Billionaire.

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Exactly, your view, so why are you telling everyone else they can not post and pushing your view on to other people?

• Like 2

I to am a life long City supporter as many of us are but as I posted earlier in this thread I have no interest in the Gas or in slagging them off in this forum.

Thats not to say that I don't enjoy "debating" with some of the gasheads I know.  It's banter and always a laugh. No-one takes it seriously.

A mate of mine passed away earlier this year - a dedicted Gashead and season ticket holder at the Mem. He had three sons and one of them did his eulogy at the graveside. He mentioned that his dad had three sons and said "he brought two us the right way"  a tongue in cheek remark that his older brother is a City fan.....there was a chuckle at the gravesite. and lots of smiles even on a such a sad day.

Would love you to expand on that one......

What a hypocrite.

• Like 2

Exactly, your view, so why are you telling everyone else they can not post and pushing your view on to other people?