Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

42nite

Bristol Rovers Dustbin Thread

Recommended Posts

21 hours ago, 8menhadadream said:

The dogs of Horfield will be in mourning when Dopey leaves. ;)

In fairness to the Blue Few they have already recognised Dopey as a modern day hero! I've managed to get the first picture of their planned memorial. A fitting tribute I'm sure you will agree...

hachiko_ueno_02.jpg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, BS3City said:

In fairness to the Blue Few they have already recognised Dopey as a modern day hero! I've managed to get the first picture of their planned memorial. A fitting tribute I'm sure you will agree...

hachiko_ueno_02.jpg

They could never afford that, it would be worth more than the stadium!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone else find it sad that there is such a massive thread - 'bristol rovers dustbin thread ' when they are pretty much just our irrelevant and not remotely noisy neighbours....?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Judda said:

Does anyone else find it sad that there is such a massive thread - 'bristol rovers dustbin thread ' when they are pretty much just our irrelevant and not remotely noisy neighbours....?

Being new to this long running thread, if you find it sad....just ignore it.

I'm sure we'll manage without you.

:thumbsup:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Judda said:

LJ can manage.  You might struggle...;)

i dont give a **** I would rather have LG than Double Dimond

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Judda said:

Does anyone else find it sad that there is such a massive thread - 'bristol rovers dustbin thread ' when they are pretty much just our irrelevant and not remotely noisy neighbours....?

You're right about not being noisy...I lived in Horfield for several years and you couldn't tell when they were home, ******* silent every home game which was a bit of a surprise considering how much they've always blown their own trumpet about making an atmosphere. When I was a young kid in Bedminster you could always hear the crowd at the Gate.

As for the length of this thread, it's only this big due to the ammunition they've given us over the last few years, in particular the hilarious year in the '5th division'. Comedy gold, such a funny little football club. 

I'll miss them when they up sticks like a 'franchise' club and move out of Bristol again.

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Judda said:

Cool. Just checking!

My mate has a gas wife and his son is called aden and his dog is called  flyn (close enough). :ph34r:

Your mate needs a new wife. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I'll miss them when they up sticks like a 'franchise' club and move out of Bristol again.

 

See , now that has the ring of truth about it. A  very similar situation  between  gAss and LA Rams. Rams moved to St Louis , and apparently are moving back. Where as the gAss moved to Bath , moved back and are now leaving again. NOW THAT IS A FRANCHISE CLUB !!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎20‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 20:55, BS3City said:

In fairness to the Blue Few they have already recognised Dopey as a modern day hero! I've managed to get the first picture of their planned memorial. A fitting tribute I'm sure you will agree...

hachiko_ueno_02.jpg

Shouldn`t that be a horse?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

credit where it's due. We are happy to give them abuse when they do stupid stuff but we shouldn't ignore it when they do well. Red cards or no red cards they just can't stop winning and if they keep it up will have the worst ground in the championship 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Murraysrightplum said:

credit where it's due. We are happy to give them abuse when they do stupid stuff but we shouldn't ignore it when they do well. Red cards or no red cards they just can't stop winning and if they keep it up will have the worst ground in the championship 

If they do I guess the Mem will get them lots of atTENTion !

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Murraysrightplum said:

credit where it's due. We are happy to give them abuse when they do stupid stuff but we shouldn't ignore it when they do well. Red cards or no red cards they just can't stop winning and if they keep it up will have the worst ground in the championship 

They won't just like no team does ever excluding Arsenal 03/04

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The chance of them getting a third successive promotion is virtually zero in my opinion, but imagine if they do it. They are going to be so completely out of their depth up here that it will be great entertainment.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Kim_il_sung said:

The chance of them getting a third successive promotion is virtually zero in my opinion, but imagine if they do it. They are going to be so completely out of their depth up here that it will be great entertainment.

Why is it virtually zero? What a ridiculous statement considering the form they are in 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Why is it virtually zero? What a ridiculous statement considering the form they are in 

Thanks for that.

How many teams have ever won three successive promotions? The answer is zero. So theyve had a good start on the back of some momentum and a fair amount of good fortune. Do they have the ability, squad depth and resources to stay up there for 35 or so more games? Absolutely not is my opinion. Its not ridiculous. Your touchy and defensive post about our arch rivals is though.

Edited by Kim_il_sung
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Kim_il_sung said:

Thanks for that.

How many teams have ever won three successive promotions? The answer is zero. So theyve had a good start on the back of some momentum and a fair amount of good fortune. Do they have the ability, squad depth and resources to stay up there for 35 or so more games? Absolutely not is my opinion. Its not ridiculous. Your touchy and defensive post about our arch rivals is though.

Also considering the quality of teams currently above and the fact they lost to Bolton, Scunthorpe and Sheffield United. Still got plenty of decent L1 teams to come yet as well, they won't be saved by the ref & the linesmen nearly every game.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Kim_il_sung said:

Thanks for that.

How many teams have ever won three successive promotions? The answer is zero. So theyve had a good start on the back of some momentum and a fair amount of good fortune. Do they have the ability, squad depth and resources to stay up there for 35 or so more games? Absolutely not is my opinion. Its not ridiculous. Your touchy and defensive post about our arch rivals is though.

Not touchy at all. I can't stand the cretins and hope they implode very soon. It just looks desperate and petty when some fans on here try to mock their league form. By all means...mock them for believing they have pots of cash, mock them for believing that they will get a new ground. Mock them for thinking they are better supported then us. 

We proved a few years back under Johnson senior that with momentum and a bit of good fortune with injuries ...you can go a long way.

Letc hope your right and they implode soon. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Not touchy at all. I can't stand the cretins and hope they implode very soon. It just looks desperate and petty when some fans on here try to mock their league form. By all means...mock them for believing they have pots of cash, mock them for believing that they will get a new ground. Mock them for thinking they are better supported then us. 

We proved a few years back under Johnson senior that with momentum and a bit of good fortune with injuries ...you can go a long way.

Letc hope your right and they implode soon. 

In all fairness, they have won 5 in 7 but before they didnt win in 6 just before that and some were already questioning Clarke, I'm sure that they will implode soon enough and again they'll be calling for their 'hero' to be sacked

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let the form continue, so long as they do a Holloway-esque collapse and go from autos to 7th when it matters. Oh wait, seems they've forgotten their ability to do that. Nevermind. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like us, some of their form/results are down to loan players who have come in from a higher placed club.

Be interesting to see if either club strengthen these key positions during the window.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Like us, some of their form/results are down to loan players who have come in from a higher placed club.

Be interesting to see if either club strengthen these key positions during the window.

After 2007-08 and bringing in NC and DA only, and then the overspend that followed when less attractive, I think it's safe to say the chequebook would be wide open if we were in such a position and found a player we wanted.

Their recent history in the transfer market, I'm not so sure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What do any of you know about the rovers team standard, you don't go, maybe you see the odd Highlight on TV.   It's like me commenting on city, all I know is your doing pretty well and have a loaner striker who scores for fun.  If we go up we deserve it, if your in the prem next season you deserve it.         The only think for certain is that DC is a fantastic manager, motivationally, tactically, maybe Johnson is as well but it's too early for you to make the call.    I think it's great that players that were conference standard have improved so much on a technical level, it's gives hope to anyone in sport that if your coaching is good enough then you can advance quickly and its great for the game that it's not only splashing crazy cash that gets results, ie Leicester.  M Taylor is the prime example looked like an ave conf player, in 2 seasons he's become a Marcus Stewart clone, due to Marcus Stewart coaching.     

 

On a separate note nice to hear Gerry gows relative on the radio earlier, really touched by the thoughts made ref Gerry by Bristolians

That's it... Jager need.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, S_Y_G said:

What do any of you know about the rovers team standard, you don't go, maybe you see the odd Highlight on TV.   It's like me commenting on city, all I know is your doing pretty well and have a loaner striker who scores for fun.  If we go up we deserve it, if your in the prem next season you deserve it.         The only think for certain is that DC is a fantastic manager, motivationally, tactically, maybe Johnson is as well but it's too early for you to make the call.    I think it's great that players that were conference standard have improved so much on a technical level, it's gives hope to anyone in sport that if your coaching is good enough then you can advance quickly and its great for the game that it's not only splashing crazy cash that gets results, ie Leicester.  M Taylor is the prime example looked like an ave conf player, in 2 seasons he's become a Marcus Stewart clone, due to Marcus Stewart coaching.     

 

On a separate note nice to hear Gerry gows relative on the radio earlier, really touched by the thoughts made ref Gerry by Bristolians

That's it... Jager need.

Well I think we all know you have a fantastic way of making the opposition go down to men and getting about 55 penalties a game. Kudos for that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Kim_il_sung said:

The chance of them getting a third successive promotion is virtually zero in my opinion, but imagine if they do it. They are going to be so completely out of their depth up here that it will be great entertainment.

From miamigas;   http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/8399/oldham-rovers-matchday-thread?page=12

Just incredible what DC and his players are achieving lately, especially after 2 consecutive promotions. I honestly don't ever remember a time before when no matter who's in the team, who we're up against and whether we're in front or behind, I always feel relaxed and confident that we'll get a result. And even if we do lose a game every now and then, you just know that they'll bounce back.
What a time to be a Gashead!

I mean....this. We go 2 goals behind away from home, get a draw and it almost seems like a loss. 2 seasons ago it took the play-offs. Last season, automatic but could do better. Only leaves one way to go up this season....Champs. Whether we will or not is to be decided, BUT trust me my fellow Gas 'Eads, we're going up. FTG!
Kippogas; Champions by 20+ pts
Edited by 22A

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, S_Y_G said:

What do any of you know about the rovers team standard, you don't go, maybe you see the odd Highlight on TV.   It's like me commenting on city, all I know is your doing pretty well and have a loaner striker who scores for fun.  If we go up we deserve it, if your in the prem next season you deserve it.         The only think for certain is that DC is a fantastic manager, motivationally, tactically, maybe Johnson is as well but it's too early for you to make the call.    I think it's great that players that were conference standard have improved so much on a technical level, it's gives hope to anyone in sport that if your coaching is good enough then you can advance quickly and its great for the game that it's not only splashing crazy cash that gets results, ie Leicester.  M Taylor is the prime example looked like an ave conf player, in 2 seasons he's become a Marcus Stewart clone, due to Marcus Stewart coaching.     

 

On a separate note nice to hear Gerry gows relative on the radio earlier, really touched by the thoughts made ref Gerry by Bristolians

That's it... Jager need.

A **** off. What's it got to do with you.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, S_Y_G said:

What do any of you know about the rovers team standard

Its not difficult to figure out. We were in that godawful division only two years ago and the standard is poor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not even Halloween yet, I am about as concerned with the chances of them getting promotion as I am with us doing it. At least we are more than 8 points off of a relegation place though....... As we all know only Swindon get promotion before the end of November

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fair play to them I say. Fantastic achievement to be where they are after being so low so recently. 

Credit where its due. We all had a great laugh at their expense a few years ago but they have responded pretty well. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Pirate said:

Be good for Bristol if both teams are playing a higher standard of football. Galley and Jarman would be proud.

Both teams may then also be able to attract a better quality of player as we might no longer be seen as a backwater.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Kim_il_sung said:

Its not difficult to figure out. We were in that godawful division only two years ago and the standard is poor.

Didn't you almost get relegated from the god awful division and then resorted to spending a couple of million to get out of it?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Seventeen said:

Didn't you almost get relegated from the god awful division and then resorted to spending a couple of million to get out of it?

Yes and we pissed the league and won the JPT. What dont you get?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Seventeen said:

Didn't you almost get relegated from the god awful division and then resorted to spending a couple of million to get out of it?

 

 

We finished the season pretty comfortably and then pissed the league with a net spend of £0

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Seventeen said:

Didn't you almost get relegated from the god awful division and then resorted to spending a couple of million to get out of it?

 

 

We actually spent less then we made that season. So get your facts right pal

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Seventeen said:

Didn't you almost get relegated from the god awful division and then resorted to spending a couple of million to get out of it?

 

 

It's how the rest of the football world does it, but you are so bitter about it to see. You can get help with your inferiority complex from any reputable psychiatrist. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...