Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

42nite

Bristol Rovers Dustbin Thread

If you were a sag, would you really believe anything your board or Chairman told you anymore....... I struggle to see how they can fund an appeal and the risk of losing it.

Another Wonga loan?

Caption Competition?

10490159-large.jpg

Bugger! Blackbeard's gold must be buried on a different traffic island. You can't trust they bloody pirate maps :(

• Like 3

I just saw Nick Higgs on BBC local news feeling sorry for himself and complaining that Rovers only lost on a techicality. He just doesn't grasp that "technicalities" are the clauses and sub clauses of any contract and are the basis of the agreement. If you don't comply with these "technicalities" then you lose. Simple

And the construction/contract area was supposed to be his forte.  :cool:

Para 27 of the judgement makes interesting reading:

There is little doubt that the Agreement is tortuously, laboriously and in some respects

badly, drafted. It makes any draftsman itch to have a try at it. However I have to

decide what it means.

"Watertight", eh?

• Like 1

Caption Competition?

10490159-large.jpg

"Can someone please tell me if I'm reading this contract correctly?  It seemed to imply there should be a stadium around here..."

• Like 1

Caption Competition?

10490159-large.jpg

"Those gert shidheads gave me the telephone number for a new Desso Grassmaster pitch, look at the result !"

"Can I sue them now for breach of contract too ?"

• Like 1

Hmmmm, after weeks of sub judice official silence, more secret footage slips out

http://captiongenerator.com/50171/Rovers-barrister-reports-in-to-The-club-chairman

for the benefit of our younger readers.......
sub judice
s?b ?d?u?d?si,s?b ?ju?d?ke?/
adjective
Law
adjective: sub judice; adjective: subjudice
  1. under judicial consideration and therefore prohibited from public discussion elsewhere.

Caption Competition?

10490159-large.jpg

"This isn't the only thing that'll be folding this week"

Edited by Guest
  • Like 12

Sorry i'll take the piss out of r*vers at any opportunity, but this is frankly a terrible decision for our City.

You've surprised me, Dolly? Firstly the stadium they so rely on was going to be built in S. Glos. and secondly it's a great decision for Bristol City as our future success will see us hoover up any floating youngsters with ease when they compare Rovers with City.

Also, it is worth just taking a second to imagine they bollocks we'd have to put up with today if they'd got a result. I for one am pleased at the result for that reason alone.

• Like 1

I fail to see how a war memorial in Bristol not being destroyed in order to aid the build of a football stadium outside of Bristol is anything near a disaster for our City.

It's a victory for Bristol, for once.

• Like 17

I would give anything to find that picture of the sags with the bed sheet outside AG after our Play Off Final defeat with 'Goodnight Irene - it was just a dream' splattered all over it. How apt and karma-ish that would be right now.....

• Like 2

I would give anything to find that picture of the sags with the bed sheet outside AG after our Play Off Final defeat with 'Goodnight Irene - it was just a dream' splattered all over it. How apt and karma-ish that would be right now.....

Doubt that was the only thing splattered all over those bedsheets.....

I'm starting to think now, that it's only a matter of days, that we will hear from the people at the UWE to officially confirm that the land is no longer being made available for a football stadium, and other options are now being considered for its use. The notion of nick higgs still thinking that there will be a chance of keeping the UWE on board, and he has a strong case for an appeal, i just don't think it will wash on them, and that is why i fully expect the UWE to end this charade ASAP.

Edited by Arkateee
  • Like 2

I think newer generation of City Fans don't remember how they acted around 1982 and the subsequent years when we were in the same division.  It's been so long since we played them on any sort of competative level now people are going soft. 

This was a team who at one point tried to steal AG when we nearly went to the wall. 

This is a team who didn't support the WC bid, who's fans actively signed petitions against AV and took great delight over the VG farce.

This is a team who still refer to us as the 82ers at any given moment.

Don't for one minute think if the boot was on the other foot they wouldn't be enjoying it.  I think the points above prove that.

Today they can go get  ****ked as far as I'm concered.

Never forget, Never forgive.

Tomarse.........I like this so much that 'like' is not enough.  And I'm seriously running out of them today!

• Like 6

He doesn't and to doubly prove that point, I've read that rovers have allowed the previous planning permission that had for renovating the Mem to lapse!

:clapping:

:clapping: mind you they won't have the money for it anyway :)

You've surprised me, Dolly? Firstly the stadium they so rely on was going to be built in S. Glos. and secondly it's a great decision for Bristol City as our future success will see us hoover up any floating youngsters with ease when they compare Rovers with City.

Also, it is worth just taking a second to imagine they bollocks we'd have to put up with today if they'd got a result. I for one am pleased at the result for that reason alone.

Just remember how they laughed about Ashton Vale

Strong legal grounds to appeal.  Nick, your lawers said you had a watertight contract.  The judge said it was poorly written contract.   Give it up.

The fact that they're thinking of appealing leads me to believe there is no plan B, which should be a big worry for them given the amount of lead up time to this going tits up. 

The UWE and the Sainsbury's case aside, I believe they've also let any planning permission for the Mem lapse.  They truly are screwed if thats the case.

Edited by cityloyal473

The Gasheads keep banging on about our super-rich chairman, and there's an element of truth in that.

However, it didn't cost a penny to have a Plan B in hand for when the dog-emptiers put the kibosh on Ashton Vale, or to consider the possibility of relegation and to act on it.

Higgs is not only poorer than Lansdown, he's also much stupider. If it's true that they let the the Minimal Stadium redevelopment planning permission lapse, then they really are dimwits :facepalm:

The fact that they're thinking of appealing leads me to believe there is no plan B, which should be a big worry for them given the amount of lead up time to this going tits up. 

An appeal financed by another Wonga loan?

According to this diagram I should be able to see my penis, but my belly seems to be in the way.

Are you sure he hasn't pledged it as collateral for a loan?

An appeal financed by another Wonga loan?

Not sure anyone else would lend to them after today.

Barclays saw this coming and called their loan in.  Perhaps whoever they took the Wonga style loan from will also be having a bit of an oh shit moment.

Edited by cityloyal473

> Not sure anyone else would lend to them after today.

See post #1568

Edited by Aizoon

I think newer generation of City Fans don't remember how they acted around 1982 and the subsequent years when we were in the same division.  It's been so long since we played them on any sort of competative level now people are going soft. 

This was a team who at one point tried to steal AG when we nearly went to the wall. 

This is a team who didn't support the WC bid, who's fans actively signed petitions against AV and took great delight over the VG farce.

This is a team who still refer to us as the 82ers at any given moment.

Don't for one minute think if the boot was on the other foot they wouldn't be enjoying it.  I think the points above prove that.

Today they can go get  ****ked as far as I'm concered.

Never forget, Never forgive.

Well said, Tom. I couldn't have put it better myself.

I wish their FB page would update with the result, I was going to give it a like, cheer 'em up a bit. ;)

Meantime, we'll have to do with this:

Chris Kelly Believe gasheads. Believe that tomorrow truth and justice will be in our favour. In god we trust. Forever gas.

• Like 1

Caption Competition?

10490159-large.jpg

And now I will demonstrate my new found ability in the art of paper folding, for this I will demonstrate the famous gashead watertight water bomb.

Dadddd, Dadddddd, I did It wrong again Dad.

• Like 2

I wish their FB page would update with the result, I was going to give it a like, cheer 'em up a bit. ;)

Meantime, we'll have to do with this:

Chris Kelly Believe gasheads. Believe that tomorrow truth and justice will be in our favour. In god we trust. Forever gas.

God? We all know God is City, that's why he put the G*s in non league for a year

God ain't gonna help you now boys. You're ******

• Like 1

I do like this gem "We won't upgrade the mem, the only stand we've ever paid for is a bloody tent..."

Never forget them singing - "we've got our stadium".

Ironically in an end now that's been completely rebuilt and next to where the biggest stand in the south west will be even if they do get the new stadium ..... eventually.

• Like 5