Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

42nite

Bristol Rovers Dustbin Thread

If UWE do that then yes in relation to the contract and the sale of the Memorial Stadium, but there could still be compo

If a judge took that long to arrive at a decision you would hope it would be the right one though..?

I can see a new film being made.indiana piggsy and the stadium of doom. .

Or 'Dude where's My stadium'

Curious thing about the Gas is that they never seem to have a Plan B for when Plan A doesn't work out. Whether it be failure to gain promotion, to avoid relegation, to get a new stadium, or to win their lawsuit, there's never a contingency plan in place,

Were it not for Godwin's Law, it would remind me of a certain 20th century Leader, who never considered the possibility of failure or retreat...

..thats his pirate treasure map.hes looking for 2 million in buried treasure. .

He's looking on the wrong island (traffic, that is).

I'm sorry guys, I agree with the Sags' claims that the Sainsbury's decision is terrible news for Bristol. Because of Sainsbury's victory, Bristol Rovers will now be remaining in Bristol. Terrible terrible news.

• Like 2

Anyone know if Sainsbury's sell pain relief ointment - as my ribs are ******** aching after all the action they've seen today.....

• Like 1

I can see a new film being made.indiana piggsy and the stadium of doom. .

Wes Anderson's making a sequel : 'The Grand Hovel Brizeleast'

From whom 29AR? As the methane snorters lost the case, I can't imagine they will see a bean. If anything, wouldn't they have to compensate UWE as well as cover S'bury's costs?

From Sainburys in the hypothetical that they won on appeal even if UWE pulled the rug

I texted Twentyman show on Radio Bristol today, here is my text.

"Delighted that Sainsbury won in the High court today. Its Karma for all the the gas heads who actively campaigned against Bristol City attempt to build a staduim at Ashton Vale. What goes around comes around. Ps bet you won't read this out"

Geoff replied on air to my text and I quote " Delighted that Sainsbury won in the High ps bet you won't read this text out well I just did!" 

Just an example of the BBC and other media outlets only reporting what they want to report and having there own agenda.

I texted Twentyman show on Radio Bristol today, here is my text.

"Delighted that Sainsbury won in the High court today. Its Karma for all the the gas heads who actively campaigned against Bristol City attempt to build a staduim at Ashton Vale. What goes around comes around. Ps bet you won't read this out"

Geoff replied on air to my text and I quote " Delighted that Sainsbury won in the High ps bet you won't read this text out well I just did!" 

Just an example of the BBC and other media outlets only reporting what they want to report and having there own agenda.

Once a Gashead,always a bellend

• Like 2

8434384779_cd627d0a33.jpg

ashton_gate_486b.jpg

I'm making no comment on the shocking court decision today, honest.

Just showed these pictures  to my wife, " that stand looks like a gazebo" she exclaimed thats because it is .

• Like 1

Just showed these pictures  to my wife, " that stand looks like a gazebo" she exclaimed thats because it is .

Wait until she sees Santa's Grotto! 

• Like 2

8434384779_cd627d0a33.jpg

ashton_gate_486b.jpg

I'm making no comment on the shocking court decision today, honest.

And some people think the Ateyo will look out of place! At least it doesn't look like we have been going up and down North St stealing butchers awnings!

• Like 3

No, no hang on... I've been on Mars, what happened to their bold claims, "the diggers will move in in September", "give it five years and we'll be light years ahead of City with a brand new stadium and bigger crowds"

Oh dear, what happened?

And dopey Daryll? "Print that b*stard..."

Hope the Grimsby Telegraph cover the story appropriately!

I was wondering if someone would mock up a flag with the full 30+ page judgement on it and 'Print that you *******'. Probably a bit too much effort but would be funny.

In a minority I know. I want to laugh. I really do. Its them over the road.

Just find it difficult not to feel something for the real footie fans in their lot who have been screwed over again.

I know. I know.

Just find it difficult not to feel something for the real footie fans in their lot who have been screwed over again.

I know. I know.

You're right.

You are in the minority.

• Like 4

The groundsman at the Memorial needs to sort his lines out, playing havoc with my OCD!

Nice one Tins, I know just how you feel.  I myself have CDO, which can be a right bugger.  

It's like OCD but in strictly alphabetical order         :fear:

• Like 6

I know. I know.

You always were all heart....not a bad thing....

Fact is I never used to dislike them with the vehemence I now do: but there was the way they robbed the Rugby Club, the 90's and their loud mouthing, the Grecian way they think the world owes them.

As for their true fans; I don't wish to see their club go bust, just wither, wither and wither as they plummet through the leagues until they reach The Downs, their natural home.....

• Like 2

The groundsman at the Memorial needs to sort his lines out, playing havoc with my OCD!

Do you think the groundsman was making a tactical suggestion that diagonal balls might be better than the punt straight, but in a subliminal way?

I know. I know.

On FFS man. Pull yourself together!
  • Like 2

Many of the blue few were delighted when Ashton Vale was deemed a village green but strangely I don't feel deligthed that they've lost the Sainsburys court case.

I don't give a shite.

• Like 1

Many of the blue few were delighted when Ashton Vale was deemed a village green but strangely I don't feel deligthed that they've lost the Sainsburys court case.

I don't give a shite.

You missed the zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Santas Grotto survives!!! Has anyone else noticed that the sags seem to attract the less educated of supporters?

Tbh really delighted with this. A war memorial remains and tbh if I look at it objectively then Bristol keeps a professional football club instead of losing it to another county.

However they have got exactly what they deserve. Been plucky for far too long.

Tbh really delighted with this. A war memorial remains

I wonder how much longer the war memorial will last though?  From what I gather, Rovers secured their Wonga loan with the stadium, if they go into administration I am not sure that the loansharks will care about preserving a war memorial, they will be looking to sell as quickly as possible in order to get their money.