Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

42nite

Bristol Rovers Dustbin Thread

Bert must be using gaslogic with that valuation.

Matty Taylor = £12m using gaslogic - Reality £300k plus four plastic garden chairs.

Tom Lockyer = £10m using gaslogic - Reality £200k plus three plastic Arden chairs.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

A mate down the road has got one of these. i'm trying to find a time to kidnap the bleedin' thing and take it on holiday then send the gashead a postcard of his gnome on a Bristol City beach towel.

It looks like that tramp they've got playing for them

3 hours ago, bert tann said:

I think this is exactly the problem. They are bankers who are used to looking at others business plans and deciding whether to fund them but with the premise there will be no risk to themselves.

When Wael unwisely said “funding is never an issue with this sort of thing” he was thinking about financing commercial property not financing commercial property AND a business which has to earn enough to pay back all the borrowings on that property. He was forgetting as well the start up costs for such a business and the huge working capital requirements because projects of this kind don’t generate any cash for a very many years and where a football club is part of it probably never at all.

This is not a project for a risk averse banking family there has to be someone involved who is willing to put up a lot of cash and is prepared to lose it if it fails. 

Absolutely.  One theory though could be that he is playing hard ball to get the best deal for BRFC and when it comes to it (ie planning permission expiring) he will eventually cough up. 

If he doesn't then questions have to be asked about how committed he is to any sort of spending at Rovers. If he simply wants to balance the books then you might as well have any old person in charge 

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

I've got a Bristol City gnome somewhere. Purchased from the City shop.

This is what mine looks like 

20170707_193744.jpg

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, phantom said:

20170707_193744.jpg

Tony Robinson and his Time Team have expressed an interest.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, wood_red said:

There was a great post on there yesterday about getting Lambert back to the Mem - "Assuming he's now dropping down to Div 1 what other club can seriously outbid us in this division".

Umm...haven't they heard of Blackburn Rovers?

7 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

Why is this thread shrinking. 

Probably because the only decent debate has been removed, some couldn't handle it because they couldn't cope with someone actually responding...didn't take long for all the pettiness to show again, what's the topic Gnomes? Lee's height, and plastic chairs, is it any wonder we are considered footballs push overs? 

Just now, Red Right Hand said:

So, getting on for half the league then. Mind you, they haven`t spent the ten million they got for Matty Taylor yet have they?

When they will wake up to the fact that they are NOT the "6th richest club in England" as they spouted when their 'billionaire' owner took over?! Have they not yet clocked the fact that they are dealing in free signings and they are not splashing the billions to get promoted despite announcing they are 'Championship ready'?!

It's hilarious! They say we signed our new striker with money from 'tax avoidance' yet the company that owns 92% of their shares is registered in Jersey - so their 'free' signings are being funded with 'tax avoidance' dosh too (???!!!) and their tents and new training ground and new carpets and new curtains and new canopy over the hospitality entrance are all financed with 'tax avoidance' cash as well!

'No new ground, no crowd, no class, that's the gas.....'

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mtimmy11 said:

On the Teflon lee thread I get told off for calling him little lee but it's funny to compare him to a garden gnome.I can't win

Ah well. I get criticised for calling him useless. Both facts are true, some people just dont like the truth i guess. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

A mate down the road has got one of these. i'm trying to find a time to kidnap the bleedin' thing and take it on holiday then send the gashead a postcard of his gnome on a Bristol City beach towel.

Anyone know where you can get hold of a BCFC beach towel? Fancy one for my upcoming hols but there's only one on the city website and it's £25!!  

10 hours ago, Swede said:

Bert must be using gaslogic with that valuation.

Matty Taylor = £12m using gaslogic - Reality £300k plus four plastic garden chairs.

Tom Lockyer = £10m using gaslogic - Reality £200k plus three plastic Arden chairs.

4 plastic chairs a table and a gazeeebo ,sprinklers and a piss stained santas outfit. please get your facts right before posting.

13 minutes ago, 54-46 said:

Anyone know where you can get hold of a BCFC beach towel? Fancy one for my upcoming hols but there's only one on the city website and it's £25!!  

Count yourself lucky you don't want it delivered to your holiday location! With the international postage charges, it might cost you a 'Taylor'.

• Like 2

According to sagchat there is going to be thousands locked out at Melksham tomorrow, they are also asking for crowd segregation in case the Melksham Ultras are in attendance.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, phantom said:

20170707_193744.jpg

Is that the 1904 City addition, passed down generationally in the Phantom clan?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, phantom said:

20170707_193744.jpg

**** me! They saw you coming :laugh: You still got the receipt.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Slippin cider said:

Melksham town v The horse punchers today ...:yawn:

Yate isn't it..? If not then some people on my Facebook are going to be dissapointed when they turn up there! 

52 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Yate isn't it..? If not then some people on my Facebook are going to be dissapointed when they turn up there! 

They've got two away friendly games simultaneously. Thousands will be locked out at both games, obviously!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

They've got two away friendly games simultaneously. Thousands will be locked out at both games, obviously!

I thought they didn't have enough players for 1 team, let alone 2! 

I wonder which fixture will be a bunch of 3rd rate players with limited talent, who aren't really good enough for their first team, and which one they'll send the reserves too..?!

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Are the police allowing both games to be played at the same time? Carnage 

17 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Absolutely.  One theory though could be that he is playing hard ball to get the best deal for BRFC and when it comes to it (ie planning permission expiring) he will eventually cough up. 

If he doesn't then questions have to be asked about how committed he is to any sort of spending at Rovers. If he simply wants to balance the books then you might as well have any old person in charge 

It has been put to me that a major sub contractor and supplier for the MoD are interested in the land plus some of the mothballed HP site. Wael could be playing a dangerous game.

Edited by Dynamite Red

2 hours ago, Dynamite Red said:

It has been put to me that a major sub contractor and supplier for the MoD are interested in the land plus some of the mothballed HP site. Wael could be playing a dangerous game.

Heard something similar 

this sub-contractor currently resides "closer to home" If my info is correct

On 07/07/2017 at 17:54, Cotham Brow Red said:

Please tell me this is a pi$$take?

They are seriously selling Gnomes?. Jesus H.W. Christ

Head of marketing at Sag HQ doing a belting job:facepalm:

We do (or at the very least did) too.... There's a market for most things nowadays.

Only the gas could cock publishing their fixtures up! :P

The dates you need to plan your Saturdays and book in your away days with the Gas Army.

19897078_6072377254932_42537256327493713
The Gas will begin their second season in the Sky Bet League One in exactly one month, when they pay a visit to Charlton Athletic on the 5th August. The escalatory form of Bristol Rovers in recent seasons has been pretty extraordinary. Between…
365BRISTOL.COM

1 hour ago, Ska Junkie said:

Only the gas could cock publishing their fixtures up! :P

The dates you need to plan your Saturdays and book in your away days with the Gas Army.

19897078_6072377254932_42537256327493713
The Gas will begin their second season in the Sky Bet League One in exactly one month, when they pay a visit to Charlton Athletic on the 5th August. The escalatory form of Bristol Rovers in recent seasons has been pretty extraordinary. Between…
365BRISTOL.COM

They really do not help themselves do they :facepalm:

A warning to the little 17 year old cunx in FB09 VWF who were cruising around BS30 tonight looking for the odd gashead  to pick off shouting 'CSF'. There was a 40 year man behind said gashead who would happily educate you about the CSF as you have no idea what it is / was.

I'm no hoolie but you were an embarrassment!

Grow the **** up! You're a disgrace to my club.

• Like 18

13 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

A warning to the little 17 year old Idiots in FB09 VWF who were cruising around BS30 tonight looking for the odd gashead  to pick off shouting 'CSF'. There was a 40 year man behind said gashead who would happily educate you about the CSF as you have no idea what it is / was.

Well said

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

A warning to the little 17 year old Idiots in FB09 VWF who were cruising around BS30 tonight looking for the odd gashead  to pick off shouting 'CSF'. There was a 40 year man behind said gashead who would happily educate you about the CSF as you have no idea what it is / was.

Unfortunately we all have 'em - although very much in the minority, they've usually got the loudest mouths. 

• Like 6

14 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

wheres bs30 ?

3 minutes ago, cynic said:

Has to be.

Round by the Lamb is my guess.

43 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Cheeky fooker JP! 

Barrs Court if you must know.

I knew that'd boil your piss mate! Hope you're feeling a bit better?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Son Of Nob said:

Don't think he posts much anymore, he's got a car going around him.

I laughed at that more than I needed to.

:thumbsup: :clap::rofl2br:

4 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Posted just now been moved . Why is that

@Red Army 75 Because there is a seperate thread for Henbury Gas which has been locked as we've all had enough talking about his lies

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

@Red Army 75 Because there is a seperate thread for Henbury Gas which has been locked as we've all had enough talking about his lies

He definitely is a bullshitter . But my post was about something else should of been more clearer. It was about how we apparently play all the local semi pro teams and fleece them all out of money. It's seems to be a recurring topic every pre season. Understand why you moved it

23 minutes ago, cynic said:

Like Manor Farm ?

Where the club took nothing from the proceeds ?

We are due to play two local clubs - hardly all of them is it, and does the club take anything other than expenses ?

Where does this stuff come from ?

some bitter fan base of at an ex non league club,

• Like 1