Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

42nite

Bristol Rovers Dustbin Thread

15 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

how many millions did the billionaire spend on transfer deadline day?

If we adopt the tried and trusted Andy Tilson scale, a unit a measurement used by most 3rd world countries.

I understand they invested zero Tilsons or portions therein.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

41 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

how many millions did the billionaire spend on transfer deadline day?

Not a lot monks . But I expect they will be happy. We're not like other clubs we won't waste money. And their right because they haven't got any. :rofl2br:

Just had a gander on Gaschat.

Apparently them keeping Bodin is a 'real statement if intent' - obviously, that statement might have some merit if indeed they had turned down offers for the player, but following the transfer window yesterday I don't recall anyone having made a bid. So there was nothing to reject.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Apparently them keeping Bodin is a 'real statement if intent' - obviously, that statement might have some merit if indeed they had turned down offers for the player, but following the transfer window yesterday I don't recall anyone having made a bid. So there was nothing to reject.

Now don't let the truth get in the way of another gas theory.

16 hours ago, cityloyal473 said:

You are bang on the money here. I said Shail further up but on second thoughts it was Leroy. 

Remember watching it in the east end on a screen/beamback.. they didn't get the comms working till we were 4-0 up!  Was indeed a masterstroke by Osman. Wayne was on fire that evening..

On 30/08/2017 at 20:13, Rich said:

That was Edwayne Star LTD along with, 25 miles from home.

Rather apt pun as Edwin's classic Northern Soul track is S.O.S.

Edwin's other famous sixties track was a reworking of the song War. He called it Gas. The first verse went. ..

GAS-Huh.

What are they good for?

Absolutely nothing. Say it again. .....

9 minutes ago, Norn Iron said:

Edwin's other famous sixties track was a reworking of the song War. He called it Gas. The first verse went. ..

GAS-Huh.

What are they good for?

Oh come on, from Higgs' watertight contract with Sainsbury's, last day relegation out of the league, richest man in the world with no money, and UWE collapsing they are the veritable gift that keeps giving! :clapping:

25 minutes ago, Norn Iron said:

GAS-Huh.

What are they good for?

He also did "25 Miles", as a homage to the length of the queues when the sag hordes travel away.

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

He has less than a year left on his contract, if any Championship club wants him in January they will get him and Rovers won't have a say in it

2 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Would have thought the word "statement" would be one of the last banded around the Swamp in their current cash flow predicament ! :P

2 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

In the interest of fairness, a Daily Mail reporter (I know, hardly the gold standard of journalism) who was the first to break that clubs were interested in Bodin, reported that we turned down two offers of £500,000.

We also had a bigger net spend than Arsenal, so obviously we're massive, Wael's a trillionaire now and we're coming for you.

To be honest, I am over the moon he's staying. We'll lose him in January or in the summer for free, but even for £500,000 we won't get a good enough player to replace the value he brings to the side, particularly with just one day to get the replacement in.

• Haha 2

Why only one day to get a replacement in? How short sighted is that? Surely if you have an inclination that your star player "could" be off you'd start making plans way before the last day (eg the recruitment of Baker when it was possible Flint might be leaving)?

Then again what do we know, compared to the Global Powerhouse that oversee financial operations in Sagland...?

2 hours ago, Juan Kerr said:

He also did "25 Miles", as a homage to the length of the queues when the sag hordes travel away.

They travel that far? They can hardly bring themselves to get to the Gate.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, miagsygas said:

In the interest of fairness, a Daily Mail reporter (I know, hardly the gold standard of journalism) who was the first to break that clubs were interested in Bodin, reported that we turned down two offers of £500,000.

We also had a bigger net spend than Arsenal, so obviously we're massive, Wael's a trillionaire now and we're coming for you.

To be honest, I am over the moon he's staying. We'll lose him in January or in the summer for free, but even for £500,000 we won't get a good enough player to replace the value he brings to the side, particularly with just one day to get the replacement in.

Could have paid for a fence, fixed your championship ready sprinklers and kept you in shake n vac till Christmas.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Strange.

I was under the impression they made a statement intent each time they unveiled a new signing at the mem 

• Like 3

Just had a ganders at Gaschat, it appears they don't know the difference between a sell on clause and a release clause.  :facepalm:

Our old friend HG clearly stating that DC has announced none of the players have a sell on clause....

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, miagsygas said:

You think that £500k would have been spend on a replacement..?!

I'd like to know who actually bid for Bodin. I think it's highly unlikely that Wally wouldn't have welcomed another asset being stripped, for any price. 

Your league status will be of no concern to him in a couple of years anyway, imo. 

Henbury Gas
Gas 
5 hours ago
gasincider said:
chilly1883 said:
Positive post, really think the gloom boys should take a leaf from your book. I strongly believe that we can compete with most sides in this division. Keeping Bodin is a massive statement. FTG

The massive statement will be if we get Bodin to sign an extended contract without a bloody stupid sell on clause. Other than that he is just fulfilling his contract.

DC Confirmed that none of our players have sell on clauses in their contracts
Edited by RumRed

4 hours ago, Tomarse said:

Remember watching it in the east end on a screen/beamback.. they didn't get the comms working till we were 4-0 up!  Was indeed a masterstroke by Osman. Wayne was on fire that evening..

Story:  my relative was a Man U fan living in Stockport.  He bought a ticket (before our replay with Liverpool) believing obviously, that we would get turned over at Anfield and Liverpool would roll into town. Once it was us and Stockport he lost interest and gave me his tickets.  I was in the Stockport end, we scored very early (by Shail I believe), I celebrated, got took round to the City end. Result.  Wayne was on fire.  As was Leroy.

2 hours ago, BS3City said:

Why only one day to get a replacement in? How short sighted is that? Surely if you have an inclination that your star player "could" be off you'd start making plans way before the last day (eg the recruitment of Baker when it was possible Flint might be leaving)?

That's what we do though, that's not the Gas way.

Bit like when we had an inclination that the plans for the new stadium at Ashton Vale were in doubt. City released plans for a redeveloped AG 6 months before AV was declared dead in the water.

The AQs didn't bother with that...instead they dropped hints (new sprinklers, new seats for the tent, "don't the carpets and curtains look clean today?" etc)

'Evolution' apparently.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

That's what we do though, that's not the Gas way.

Bit like when we had an inclination that the plans for the new stadium at Ashton Vale were in doubt. City released plans for a redeveloped AG 6 months before AV was declared dead in the water.

The AQs didn't bother with that...instead they dropped hints (new sprinklers, new seats for the tent, "don't the carpets and curtains look clean today?" etc)

'Evolution' apparently.

You're right on the stadium front. I disagree on the transfer thing though, if for example a deal for Bodin went through at 4/5 there's no guarantee that we would have pushed a deal through, there's an awful lot of stories from an awful lot of clubs less tinpot than us that didn't manage to secure targets by the deadline, even if a contingency was planned for.

3 hours ago, miagsygas said:

Billy Boots will sign a pre-contract in Jan an walk for nothing in July or you'll sell him, like you did with Taylor last Jan, at a fire sale price.

Why didn't Wally and Dopey extend his contract in the summer?  Don't tell me it's because you would have had to give him a pay rise.

30 minutes ago, Malago said:

Billy Boots will sign a pre-contract in Jan an walk for nothing in July or you'll sell him, like you did with Taylor last Jan, at a fire sale price.

Why didn't Wally and Dopey extend his contract in the summer?  Don't tell me it's because you would have had to give him a pay rise.

That's exactly what I've just said. I'd imagine he didn't want to sign a contract in the summer because if he played well again this year he'd easily get a championship club. 

4 minutes ago, miagsygas said:

That's exactly what I've just said. I'd imagine he didn't want to sign a contract in the summer because if he played well again this year he'd easily get a championship club. 

Because you couldn't afford his wages* A contract wouldn't stop him getting a move..

39 minutes ago, myol'man said:

I see Gibraltar got thumped 9-0, didn't they have their gas superstar playing?   

He's moved on to bigger & better things...!

Torquay! 

6 hours ago, Tammys Scan said:

Because you couldn't afford his wages* A contract wouldn't stop him getting a move..

It potentially could. He is a more valuable player with a longer contract and clubs may be less inclined pay. If I were his agent I'd advise not signing a deal, as much as agents annoy us that's the case

31 minutes ago, myol'man said:

I see Gibraltar got thumped 9-0, didn't they have their gas superstar playing?   

He stopped playing a while ago, finally left in the summer and is now contracted to Torquay

7 hours ago, miagsygas said:

He stopped playing a while ago, finally left in the summer and is now contracted to Torquay

Deck chairs?

Can't blame him really.

Good to see Miagsy posting on here. I know him from another forum and he's a decent poster, especially for a gashead, always level headed and good humored.

Good on you Miagsy. I did join the gas forum at one time but was banned after a couple of days once they worked out I was a 'ted. 

There's a rather nice wildlife mural opposite the site of the old Eastville Stadium - with a robin and a red squirrel. You don't think?... surely not!... :city:

26 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Good to see Miagsy posting on here. I know him from another forum and he's a decent poster, especially for a gashead, always level headed and good humored.

Good on you Miagsy. I did join the gas forum at one time but was banned after a couple of days once they worked out I was a 'ted. 

Hi mate :thumbsup:

As for travelling to Bradford, I'm away for the weekend, but don't think I'd have bothered to make the journey to Bradford for a 12.30 kick off to be fair, especially with the game on sky. it's been enough effort trying to convince the other half to find a pub in Polzeath that's got the game on and after seeing our defence for this game I'll probably regret it by 1.00.

Edited by miagsygas
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

These Rovers fans never cease to amaze me, 2,000' of them disguised as red seats behind the goal they are defending. 

Got to give them credit for that!.

They are shit . And the team. :rofl2br:

17 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

A 12:30pm game up north, live on Sky? Would you go? I'm all for mocking the blue few but I doub't we'd take much more than a few hundred in their place.

Took a 700 odd against Sheffield united a couple of seasons ago . (Not a thousand.Cough)Same time kick off .just saying. Also if they didn't bang on about there amazing support people wouldn't take the piss

Edited by Red Army 75
  • Like 4