Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

42nite

Bristol Rovers Dustbin Thread

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, myol'man said:

Start of ground improvements at the mem?

zzz.jpg

Presumably the white object behind the cameraman is the sponsors board, in front of which, managers and players are interviewed? Looks like a few more sponsors wouldn't go amiss.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BS3City said:

There have been a lot of prestigious cycling events recently that would have had a significant impact on Sag attendances...

There have also been many non prestigious cycling events too,so it really is no susprise that their attendances are so p*** poor.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, pride of the west said:

I'm sure this is an example of #gaslogic but one of them thinks their ratio of away fans to their home fans is better than ours last season. 

Is that true? 

I did point out that their home support is rubbish but apparently it's all about the percentage

Probably better than Man Utd,  Arsenal, Liverpool et al as well given the size of their home crowds and restrictions on away fans at grounds. #gaslogic 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Die Hard Red said:

Probably better than Man Utd,  Arsenal, Liverpool et al as well given the size of their home crowds and restrictions on away fans at grounds. #gaslogic 

As their home crowds are a third of ours, they wouldn't have to take many to have a higher percentage.

As my dear old dad says, 10% of fark all is still fark all! :)

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Norn Iron said:

You know how the Rovers twisted our early 80's chant of "The gas, the gas. We've got to get rid of the gas" (Wilfred Owen couldn't have written better)? Well, how about we do something similar which will make the club shop loads of money?

We have a few clever posters here who can photoshop/edit a picture before I can spell Jacki's real name. So please feel free to add a robin/club badge etc to this picture....

 

images.jpg

How about this?......

IMG_3185.JPG

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Cheesleysmate said:

 

No, it's the away support that matters most. Rovers take at least 3000 away regularly compared to the Ted's "crap away support" considering that they are a Championship side. Everyone comments on how excellently brilliant and well supported the much more liked "family" club from Bristol are....FACT. Nobody ever mentions how good the 82er away attendances are and everyone knows that Trashton is the biggest library in the U.K......FACT, plus there are litteraly thousands that can't get in at away games because of obsessed Sheeds mixing with the home supporters and then causing it to go right off with us family supporters getting unfairly blamed and subsequently banned for misdemeanours that weren't even our fault, it's all the shits fault, all of it....FACT! We are also  prowed supporters, unlike you filthy dirty shoot shoot shoot the bastards who change with the wind....FACT. Finally, anything pre-82 doesn't count as that was an old club who died (but you keep forgetting that point don't you Ted's?!). Faithful and true, goodnight Irene and Dean Windass x FTG FTC RTID coming for you 

Where did you get hold of the minutes from today`s board meeting? Who leaked it?

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The man Bristol Rovers have hired to maximise the club's revenue and profitability

"Bristol Rovers have hired Tom Gorringe as commercial director.

Gorringe was employed as a marketing executive at Portsmouth and the club twice entered administration twice during his time on the south coast."

 

Nothing like getting an expert in administration in when Wally finally uses up all the money and is looking for a way out. Happy Days!

  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love LinkedIn ...

 

I am lucky enough to have worked in football for the last 8 years. My journey has taken me from Portsmouth FC where I started as an intern, working in every department before settling in the marketing department in a full-time role.

During my four years at the club we experienced two relegations, two administrations and an FA Cup Final. The highlight of my time at the club was receiving the Family Club of the Year award in 2012. This achievement marked a stark change from the clubs failure to achieve the Football League’s family Excellence standard just a year earlier. Tasked with improving this area I set about changing the ethos of the club to put the fan at the heart and improve the match day experience. This resulted in an increase in season ticket holders for the 2012-13 season despite relegation to League One.

The experience gained here stood me in good stead for my future career.

At Cardiff, in the first year, my team increased matchday hospitality revenue by over 200% from the previous season as well as leading us to the 2013 Family Club of the year Award. One area that received particular praise has been our new Away Fan Strategy which was recently featured in the Independant: http://tinyurl.com/nuhym5u

In addition we also produced a family video to demonstrate the ethos of the club, this was extremely well received and can be viewed here: http://tinyurl.com/cj56gaj

In addition to this I was awarded the Star of the Future Award at the 2013 Football Hospitality Awards.

I currently Head of Marketing at Brighton & Hove Albion where I am responsible for our sales strategies for all club commercial channels including ticketing, commercial, retail and non-matchday events.

In 2015, I received the Rising Star Award at the Stadium Business Awards in Barcelona and in 2016 I was part of the inaugural Sports Industry Next Gen programme with honours. With the latter I am on a leadership programme in partnership with Barclays.

Edited by Rudolf Hucker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

I love LinkedIn ...

 

I am lucky enough to have worked in football for the last 8 years. My journey has taken me from Portsmouth FC where I started as an intern, working in every department before settling in the marketing department in a full-time role.

During my four years at the club we experienced two relegations, two administrations and an FA Cup Final. The highlight of my time at the club was receiving the Family Club of the Year award in 2012. This achievement marked a stark change from the clubs failure to achieve the Football League’s family Excellence standard just a year earlier. Tasked with improving this area I set about changing the ethos of the club to put the fan at the heart and improve the match day experience. This resulted in an increase in season ticket holders for the 2012-13 season despite relegation to League One.

The experience gained here stood me in good stead for my future career.

At Cardiff, in the first year, my team increased matchday hospitality revenue by over 200% from the previous season as well as leading us to the 2013 Family Club of the year Award. One area that received particular praise has been our new Away Fan Strategy which was recently featured in the Independant: http://tinyurl.com/nuhym5u

In addition we also produced a family video to demonstrate the ethos of the club, this was extremely well received and can be viewed here: http://tinyurl.com/cj56gaj

In addition to this I was awarded the Star of the Future Award at the 2013 Football Hospitality Awards.

I currently Head of Marketing at Brighton & Hove Albion where I am responsible for our sales strategies for all club commercial channels including ticketing, commercial, retail and non-matchday events.

In 2015, I received the Rising Star Award at the Stadium Business Awards in Barcelona and in 2016 I was part of the inaugural Sports Industry Next Gen programme with honours. With the latter I am on a leadership programme in partnership with Barclays.

Wow, he sounds like a guy on the up....... I smell BS if he's ended up at Ragbag Rovers. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

His first tasks this Saturday will hopefully be as follows:

1) Sample the finest quality cuisine of a pasty (ingredients unknown & cooked by nuclear fusion) followed by cheese and onion crisps and a twix all washed down with boiling hot Bovril to take the skin of the roof of your mouth.

2) Visit the luxurious conveniences.

3) Take a seat in one of the tent like scaffold like structures (aka a stand).

4) Listen to our usual warm up music followed by bing bong man announcement etc.

5) Sit back and enjoy the footie & unique atmosphere that is the fortress mem!

Post match - write up report with 10 action point plan on how to improve the match day experience for fans and identity a shed load of opportunities to increase revenue in order to raise significant sums of dosh for the club as well as pay for his wage.

Then quit

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One area that received particular praise has been our new Away Fan Strategy which was recently featured in the Independant.....

another area that hasn't received particular praise is my spelling. There's no 'a' in independent. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Big Red Rich said:

Wow, he sounds like a guy on the up....... I smell BS if he's ended up at Ragbag Rovers. 

Hard to tell from that but these corporate awards are a nonsense; they don't go out and assess everyone in the field.  The way it works is you have to create a lengthy blurb selling yourself and then get your mates to send in a similar one recommending you which usually you will have written yourself.

My field of work has similar awards but out of potentially hundreds of entries in each area they struggle to muster three or four and I know they're coming up because I get regular emails inviting me to enter.

"Rising Stars" awards tend to have even less entries; thousands of possible candidates but most people in their twenties really can't be bothered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:


At Cardiff, in the first year, my team increased matchday hospitality revenue by over 200% from the previous season as well as leading us to the 2013 Family Club of the year Award. One area that received particular praise has been our new Away Fan Strategy which was recently featured in the Independant: http://tinyurl.com/nuhym5u

 

"Increased match day hospitality revenue by over 200%".......wow, I'm impressed. Of course, this had nothing to do with the fact that Cardiff had been promoted to the premier league that year...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

"Increased match day hospitality revenue by over 200%".......wow, I'm impressed. Of course, this had nothing to do with the fact that Cardiff had been promoted to the premier league that year...

Would imagine the marketing think tank went like this...

" You know those crisps and chocolate bars we sell for a quid...

"Yeah"

"Well, if we sold them for two quid...."

  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

The man Bristol Rovers have hired to maximise the club's revenue and profitability

"Bristol Rovers have hired Tom Gorringe as commercial director.

Gorringe was employed as a marketing executive at Portsmouth and the club twice entered administration twice during his time on the south coast."

 

Nothing like getting an expert in administration in when Wally finally uses up all the money and is looking for a way out. Happy Days!

To maximise the club's revenue & profitability, they've employed someone who was involved, with a club the size of Portsmouth, when they went into administration. Twice! 

If they were the interview panel for the BBC then I'd fancy my chances of getting a new job as the weather girl..! 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Big Red Rich said:

Wow, he sounds like a guy on the up....... I smell BS if he's ended up at Ragbag Rovers. 

Remember, he wrote this himself in the hope that anyone who reads it will think "Wow, he sounds like a guy on the up ..."

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Big Red Rich said:

With the latter I am on a leadership programme in partnership with Barclays.

? This is the only one I could find; seems to be some basic "life skills" programme - i.e. dress smartly, speak clearly, and be confident.

Quote

 

30/01/2017

Category: Industry News

“The opportunity to reach 16,000 students as a careers champion is really exciting,” says education adviser Sian Gresswell, after completing the first workshop in the new Careers and Employability Leadership Programme developed by education charity Teach First and LifeSkills created with Barclays.

The intensive 18-month programme is part of the just-launched Careers and Employability Initiative, a partnership between the two organisations that aims to deliver better careers education to pupils from low-income backgrounds.

Teachers and schools involved in the initiative will also receive regular training sessions to help them make links between the curriculum and the world of work, while careers and employability learning will become part of Teach First’s Leadership Development Programme for graduates.

The innovative programme is designed to address the gap in careers education – research cited by Teach First shows that disadvantaged pupils are three times more likely to be out of education, employment or training after school than their better-off peers.

 

 

https://www.vercida.com/uk/articles/barclays-careers-employability-leadership-programme

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

I love LinkedIn ...

During my four years at the club we experienced two relegations, two administrations and an FA Cup Final. The highlight of my time at the club was receiving the Family Club of the Year award in 2012. This achievement marked a stark change from the clubs failure to achieve the Football League’s family Excellence standard just a year earlier. Tasked with improving this area I set about changing the ethos of the club to put the fan at the heart and improve the match day experience. This resulted in an increase in season ticket holders for the 2012-13 season despite relegation to League One.

The experience gained here stood me in good stead for my future career.

At Cardiff, in the first year, my team increased matchday hospitality revenue by over 200% from the previous season as well as leading us to the 2013 Family Club of the year Award. One area that received particular praise has been our new Away Fan Strategy which was recently featured in the Independant: http://tinyurl.com/nuhym5u

I can see why the 15ers have grabbed this guy.  With him they might finally actually become the Family Club. :rofl2br:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

To maximise the club's revenue & profitability, they've employed someone who was involved, with a club the size of Portsmouth, when they went into administration. Twice! 

If they were the interview panel for the BBC then I'd fancy my chances of getting a new job as the weather girl..! 

I need a new captain for my boat, it's a bloody shame the Titanic guy's no longer with us!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

? This is the only one I could find; seems to be some basic "life skills" programme - i.e. dress smartly, speak clearly, and be confident.

 

https://www.vercida.com/uk/articles/barclays-careers-employability-leadership-programme

A course for Stuart Sinclair, maybe..?!

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

I love LinkedIn ...

 

I am lucky enough to have worked in football for the last 8 years. My journey has taken me from Portsmouth FC where I started as an intern, working in every department before settling in the marketing department in a full-time role.

During my four years at the club we experienced two relegations, two administrations and an FA Cup Final. The highlight of my time at the club was receiving the Family Club of the Year award in 2012. This achievement marked a stark change from the clubs failure to achieve the Football League’s family Excellence standard just a year earlier. Tasked with improving this area I set about changing the ethos of the club to put the fan at the heart and improve the match day experience. This resulted in an increase in season ticket holders for the 2012-13 season despite relegation to League One.

The experience gained here stood me in good stead for my future career.

At Cardiff, in the first year, my team increased matchday hospitality revenue by over 200% from the previous season as well as leading us to the 2013 Family Club of the year Award. One area that received particular praise has been our new Away Fan Strategy which was recently featured in the Independant: http://tinyurl.com/nuhym5u

In addition we also produced a family video to demonstrate the ethos of the club, this was extremely well received and can be viewed here: http://tinyurl.com/cj56gaj

In addition to this I was awarded the Star of the Future Award at the 2013 Football Hospitality Awards.

I currently Head of Marketing at Brighton & Hove Albion where I am responsible for our sales strategies for all club commercial channels including ticketing, commercial, retail and non-matchday events.

In 2015, I received the Rising Star Award at the Stadium Business Awards in Barcelona and in 2016 I was part of the inaugural Sports Industry Next Gen programme with honours. With the latter I am on a leadership programme in partnership with Barclays.

WTF is a 'family club'?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Remember, he wrote this himself in the hope that anyone who reads it will think "Wow, he sounds like a guy on the up ..."

He's up alright,his own arse that is.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

There's a man who needs some media training!  Look at the camera.

And stop shifting around on your feet!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

No eye contact, shifty bugger! 

 

6 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

There's a man who needs some media training!  Look at the camera.

Stevie Wonder innit?!!?!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BanburyRed said:

Is it just my eyes drawn to the massive 'ANAL' in green letters? :blush:

Just your eyes :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I assume he has asked for his wages in advance?

Edited by Port Said Red
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

Is it just my eyes drawn to the massive 'ANAL' in green letters? :blush:

What are you hinting at.......?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has he come straight from Brighton to the Gas or was he 'released' from Brighton a while ago? I can understand him trying to get work if unemployed but to go to them from a Premiership club, no way. From what I saw at Brighton he got their name out there and the flag waving was good for their promotion match.

Im losing track with our comings and goings, who is our equilivent person here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I assume he has asked for his wages in advance?

Performance related.....he has to convert the fantasy fan base into real fan base

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I reckon it was him that the Lions TV presenter was on about after their game at the Mem. 'Wierd lot, one eye looking at Bermondsey the other checking out Islington'!

No offence meant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, RedM said:

Has he come straight from Brighton to the Gas or was he 'released' from Brighton a while ago? I can understand him trying to get work if unemployed but to go to them from a Premiership club, no way. From what I saw at Brighton he got their name out there and the flag waving was good for their promotion match.

Im losing track with our comings and goings, who is our equilivent person here?

Interesting question, if the "whispers" on the street are to be believed someone who recently left a job with us was interested in this position

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, zippycar said:

Or Uncle Albert

:laugh: Funnily enough, I was only watching that the other day.  "I mean what a stupid place to put a bridge.  Right over a river like that...".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...