Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

42nite

Bristol Rovers Dustbin Thread

On 10/2/2017 at 16:33, bert tann said:

If one was to suppose that the largest stadium likely to be built will be 20,000 at the Mem site. The owners (whoever they were) would always be on the lookout for available land for a new stadium. However unlikely it seems today there must always be the forward thinking that BRFC could be a premiership club some time in the future. Where a stadium able to be expanded to 45,000 + even if not initially constructed that size would be a desire ,should the club wish to be successful at that level.

The delusion continues...

• Haha 5
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, CiderJar said:

Let's hope the occasion can be marked by the Under 17s winning the world cup!

Amazing to think we might have world cup winners who were born after the gap was created.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Amazing to think we might have world cup winners who were born after the gap was created.

My point in a nutshell (but you don't need to know how I spend weekends!)

9 minutes ago, CiderJar said:

My point in a nutshell (but you don't need to know how I spend weekends!)

Lounging around in nuts from the sound of things!

But if that works for you, who am I to judge?

3 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Not me. I’m English..!

Radio Briz Ed Hadwin's interview skills leave a lot to be desired especially with his questions but either Darrell thought he should emulate SO'D or he had more important things on his mind. He was more dour than usual and less helpful to the interviewer when asked several yes/no (closed) questions. It made me think that the way he responded was if he'd been sacked or was leaving but couldn't share because it was embargoed.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Norn Iron said:

Radio Briz Ed Hadwin's interview skills leave a lot to be desired especially with his questions but either Darrell thought he should emulate SO'D or he had more important things on his mind. He was more dour than usual and less helpful to the interviewer when asked several yes/no (closed) questions. It made me think that the way he responded was if he'd been sacked or was leaving but couldn't share because it was embargoed.

No idea, but the bloke has got the personality of a sloth. It’s physically painful to listen to his boring Northern droll

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

15 minutes ago, Norn Iron said:

Roverzzz won today though so can only imagine if he is off, it's because someone else has paid the compo.

Go Outdoors can't contain their excitement...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Vincent Vega said:

No idea, but the bloke has got the personality of a sloth. It’s physically painful to listen to his boring Northern droll

Ed Hadwin's not that bad!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Vincent Vega said:

Cant disagree but he has done a fantastic job for that lot. Losing him would send them down this season i reckon, so hopefully its announced later

• Like 1

Just now, Septic Peg said:

Roverzzz won today though so can only imagine if he is off, it's because someone else has paid the compo.

Go Outdoors can't contain their excitement...

I wonder if there's a trigger clause in his contract like Matty had.

29 minutes ago, simon uk said:

Cant disagree but he has done a fantastic job for that lot. Losing him would send them down this season i reckon, so hopefully its announced later

Fingers crossed then, he hasn't got over the Hartlepool play off game and the Mansfield 5-4  ( he was in both teams ) so happy days ;)

Edited by Vincent Vega

21 minutes ago, Norn Iron said:

I wonder if there's a trigger clause in his contract ..

Probably..... Managing that lot must be like playing Russian Roulette .... you're lucky if you manage to dodge a bullet, survive, escape and live another day.

Bizarrely, he does sound more upbeat when they lose. Makes no sense but it's been like that for at least the last half dozen games. Weird club.

4 minutes ago, Xiled said:

Bizarrely, he does sound more upbeat when they lose. Makes no sense but it's been like that for at least the last half dozen games. Weird club.

Hoping to be sacked with compo perhaps?

(just to be clear, I mean compensation and not the tramp that graces their midfield)

• Haha 7

39 minutes ago, petehinton said:

The guy is a ******* moron. Think he’s being clever & different all the time with his interviews. Constantly talks down to whoever interviews him too. 

Yep. He's an arrogant gobshite who isn't half as intelligent as he thinks he is.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Yep. He's an arrogant gobshite who isn't half as intelligent as he thinks he is.

And in truth that is ******* dumb..

• Like 3

Amazing to think if a 17 year old player was starting his career the last time they were above us in the league he would probably be in his last season before he retired now!

11 minutes ago, Barry Sheene said:

Amazing to think if a 17 year old player was starting his career the last time they were above us in the league he would probably be in his last season before he retired now!

On a similar note, did you see that the lad who scored twice for Arsenal in the week was actually born after Arsene Wenger took over as manager.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JohnBaileysLottos said:

Watched his post match interview after they won 6-0 the other week and was the same. Came across like he hates that BBC reporter more than 'that lot down the road'.

Yes, I don't know what the history behind it is, but he is always very curt with Ed Hadwin.

Speaking as a gashead it does make me cringe a bit how bad he is media wise, listening to him driving back from todays game was shaking my head on how off he was with the reporter as the  OP states. Genuinely think he could do with a bit of media training. That said he is noticeably more at ease if you ever hear him talk to Geoff Twentyman than any of the reporters that interview him on matchdays. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

C'mon, I mean who really gives a shit if a lower league manager moves on? 

Wtf has it got to do with City?

You should, you will need to know what songs to sing on the coach... :thumbsup:

Edited by Lordofthebling
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Bamber said:

Speaking as a gashead it does make me cringe a bit how bad he is media wise, listening to him driving back from todays game was shaking my head on how off he was with the reporter as the  OP states. Genuinely think he could do with a bit of media training. That said he is noticeably more at ease if you ever hear him talk to Geoff Twentyman than any of the reporters that interview him on matchdays. 

Maybe him and Geoff have a mutual interest in Canine masturbation.

4 hours ago, Norn Iron said:

Better question is who actually gives a ****?

Cus I don’t.

5 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Please excuse the slightly pissed post but I've just been to a Halloween night at a diehard gas pub as a known red and got away with singing this-ish at karaoke as 'mind the gap'!

I thought I should share it. ;)

If I'm bladdered please accept my apologies. :)

• Like 3