Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

42nite

Bristol Rovers Dustbin Thread

I only live about 2 miles from the mem. Should've gone tonight for a fiver. Even more of a laugh than following it on OTIB. in the Swindle corner of course.  Cummon, how much entertainment for a fiver. Would love to have heard the fans chants and reaction assuming you could hear the reaction of less than 1,500.

Slagchat in meltdown yet again thinking that L2 is beckoning for next season.

They are now s**t scared of what Scunny will do to them on Saturday.

Edited by wendyredredrobin
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, RumRed said:

Ideally the crowd would be zero.  One day we’ll end up back in that competition and the same people taking the piss will ask why those teams, and their supporters, didn’t have the guts to do something about it now.  I do wonder if some people enjoy taking the piss out of the Gas more than they enjoy football.

Hopefully, not inmy lifetime.

21 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

I only live about 2 miles from the mem. Should've gone tonight for a fiver. Even more of a laugh than following it on OTIB. in the Swindle corner of course.  Cummon, how much entertainment for a fiver.

Slagchat in meltdown yet again thinking that L2 is beckoning for next season.

They are now s**t scared of what Scunny will do to them on Saturday.

Don't taint yourself my lovely mock from afar 

Edited by Bs11lad
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bs11lad said:

Don't taint yourself my lovely mock fromantic afar 

Nothing like mocking the real thing mate.  Worth more than a fiver for the hilarity. I paid more than that to see Dave Allen 30 years ago.

3 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Nothing like mocking the real thing mate.  Worth more than a fiver for the hilarity. I paid more than that to see Dave Allen 30 years ago.

Used to love the  Dave Allen show 

• Like 1

Rumred, I get your position, but withour this competition, I would have had a boring evening in front of the box instead of the dustbin thread comedy I have been treated to.  It is an embarassment to British football I know, but so are that team of numpties in yhe other quarter of the city (not really half of the city any more).  More of an embarassment to Bristol football.

Just wish I realised it was a fiver and thought to become a Swindle supporter for one day only.

Rumred is spot on. I don't know how others feel but the integrity of sport is more important to me than a cheap laugh at the blue few. Well done to their fans that boycotted the game. If this competition is a success then we could well be playing Stoke City B in a league game one day. This is what they are planning and it needs to be stopped.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

Rumred is spot on. I don't know how others feel but the integrity of sport is more important to me than a cheap laugh at the blue few. Well done to their fans that boycotted the game. If this competition is a success then we could well be playing Stoke City B in a league game one day. This is what they are planning and it needs to be stopped.

We beat their A team (or most of it). I don't worry too much about beating their B team.  Look at the B team we put out against Watford.

Get your point though. This competition is a joke.  Just make it a L1 and L2 competitiin like it was.

The Carebo Cup is heading in a similar direction though.

Value of the Mem?  I understand that an arcre amounts to around 15 building plots, so assuming it is around 2 acres, it can't be worth more than £8m even before development costs.  I'm not sure what it would be worth for commercial property, but if a loan of £10m has been secured on it, what kind of valuation makes it worth that?

Deduct the cost of building 30 houses on it at say 150k per house, that reduces the land value to circa £4m.

We're making ourselves look like numpties by mocking their low attendance in this 'competition'.

In this case, the lower the attendance the better.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Value of the Mem?  I understand that an arcre amounts to around 15 building plots, so assuming it is around 2 acres, it can't be worth more than £8m even before development costs.  I'm not sure what it would be worth for commercial property, but if a loan of £10m has been secured on it, what kind of valuation makes it worth that?

Deduct the cost of building 30 houses on it at say 150k per house, that reduces the land value to circa £4m.

I would guess for residential development it would be £30k a plot so if you're correct with the sizing then 2 x 15 x £30k = £9m if selling to a developer so the £10m is about right IMO with another £1m for the white plastic chair mountain.

• Haha 1

Think when they've been sizing it up for their super, mega-sized stadium (the one that has to be bigger than the Gate or they're not interested) they've been estimating about 4 acres. 

Weren't Sainsburys going to pay £18m, which everyone realised was well over the top?

Most recent estimates I've heard are about £12m at most.

Your rough calculations are very close I'd imagine, just add in the infrastructure costs such as internal roads and working on a site with such poor access

• Like 1

As for the Checkatrade, I admit I don't care what their attendance was and agree about devaluing the cup as I see it as "ours" given we've won it the most times (think at 3 we should have been given it for good!) 

But the result is definitely worth the hilarity - particularly that some on there are using the dislike for the Prem U21 changes as a reason why losing was ok.

It doesn't matter that it's a crap tournament now - you still put out one of your strongest side against a 4th division club (with 7 changes who played with 10 men for a large part) and lost! 

Even their manager admits something is wrong, and fair play to some of them realising they're screwed and that DC isn't probably the main cause, but money. 

They're even using us sticking with LJ as an example which might not go down well with the more rabid red haters!

7 hours ago, RumRed said:

That’s the point! People hate the competition and are letting people know it.

They should be applauded for that (not the result, that was hilarious) but can’t people get it into their heads that the low crowds are intentional?

It really isn’t difficult to understand.

Apologies if I’m coming across as a Gas sympathiser but if we take the piss out of the 1% where they don’t deserve it then it undervalues the 99% when they do.

They’d all turn up at Wembley though if they got there. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

They’d all turn up at Wembley though if they got there. 

Good point - at least this year we won't have to put up with the "we're taking 100k Gasheads to Wembley!" crap

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, daored said:

Don’t ever forget Wally lording it up on Football Focus last season

Just goes to show that it's not just the local press that failed to investigate the actual status of their owners, Garth Crooks suggesting that he could have bought "any club in the Premiership" is just laughable. I am sure that this forum had already identified that they were nowhere near that wealthy, but once again Wael seems happy to let the myth persist with his self deprecating reply.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Port Said Red said:

Just goes to show that it's not just the local press that failed to investigate the actual status of their owners, Garth Crooks suggesting that he could have bought "any club in the Premiership" is just laughable. I am sure that this forum had already identified that they were nowhere near that wealthy, but once again Wael seems happy to let the myth persist with his self deprecating reply.

Why didn’t you buy Bristol City ? !! 

Because , he couldn’t afford to was the correct answer 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, daored said:

Rovers took 40,000 fans to a conference final? EHHH?? They are literally like the North Korea of football. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

And that's why we have so many flats - build up and you can build more. I can imagine on a plot of land that already has a stadium you would build up to at least the same height. 

Edited by 29AR
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Coombsy said:

DC looks a broken man.

Team not playing for him? 

How many bad apples in changing rooms?

not many clubs will want him now should have left when had chance 

Great isn't it :clapping:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

but what has League One done wrong in their eyes ?:cool:

It hasn't let a team of their size and stature be automatically promoted to the Championship because they are far too big for League One. ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Coombsy said:

DC looks a broken man.

Team not playing for him? 

How many bad apples in changing rooms?

not many clubs will want him now should have left when had chance 

he'll get another job and deserves one to be honest, he's a good manager done wonders on a conference south budget, 

• Like 4

If I was a betting man, I'd bet they'll stick with him through the transfer window but give him nothing in the way of spending money. If the financial issues are true then they'll never sack him as that would involve a pretty hefty pay off so they'll be looking for him to walk.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CiderJar said:

These are becoming classics in their own right "We're so inconsistent, at times" ....so sometimes they are consistent and at least they are not consistently inconsistent

Countdown (yes, I was careful to spell it correctly) with Dopey: "Going to Scunthorpe at the best of times is difficult; after our recent run, going there on Sat'day is gonna be difficulter".

1 hour ago, Sergio Georgini said:

Rovers took 40,000 fans to a conference final? EHHH?? They are literally like the North Korea of football. 

It is not like them to exaggerate as we already know.....It's only Teds who are delusional and think they are a massive club remember?!

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

he'll get another job and deserves one to be honest, he's a good manager done wonders on a conference south budget, 

Is that a conference south top 6 budget? It has to be top 6 remember?!

• Haha 2

This seems like me saying to my wife. "if we win the lottery,  then we could... "

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/darrell-clarke-addresses-bristol-rovers-749212

one of the deluded who use to post here wrote,

Its hard not to notice that both marcus and now dc have hinted at issues behind the scenes at the club.
Dc also pointed out in his interview that players would have to leave before he can bring new faces in.
Difficult times it seems?

• Like 1

Wonder is this is true as well,

Nov 7, 2017 at 7:47pm
Post Options

Post by gasincider on Nov 7, 2017 at 7:47pm

holmes Avatar
gasincider Avatar
Wonder if the players have been paid?

With a little outside help they were apparently as were the staff.

So I understand 

PFA Helping out with the wages at the gas?

• Haha 1

From our favourite bullshitting friend

"They way some fans go after DC has all the hallmarks of they way our 6 fingered friends went after little Lee after a few bad results last year..... look at him now !. Also was told last night that he is on Sunderland's list of replacements....

I hope he goes because i can see him getting them promoted and that would be a very bad thing for Bristol Rovers.

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

If I was a betting man, I'd bet they'll stick with him through the transfer window but give him nothing in the way of spending money. If the financial issues are true then they'll never sack him as that would involve a pretty hefty pay off so they'll be looking for him to walk.

I wonder how many clubs will be willing to pay a managers 5 years contract out - I really hope he has some one year compensation option or he has probably signed himself out of a move.

24 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Wonder is this is true as well,

Nov 7, 2017 at 7:47pm
Post Options

Post by gasincider on Nov 7, 2017 at 7:47pm

holmes Avatar
gasincider Avatar
Wonder if the players have been paid?

With a little outside help they were apparently as were the staff.

So I understand 

PFA Helping out with the wages at the gas?

He has been pretty much hounded and abused for that thread. They claim he knows nothing, is lieing, guessing  etc which is all semantics as he obviously knew something had happened but was not 100% sure what, and asked whether anyone else had heard anything, when someone said yes he said he thought so, and has been hounded in the thread ever since.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fiale said:

I wonder how many clubs will be willing to pay a managers 5 years contract out - I really hope he has some one year compensation option or he has probably signed himself out of a move.

He has been pretty much hounded and abused for that thread. They claim he knows nothing, is lieing, guessing  etc which is all semantics as he obviously knew something had happened but was not 100% sure what, and asked whether anyone else had heard anything, when someone said yes he said he thought so, and has been hounded in the thread ever since.

theres a clause saying he's only due a years wages not all 5, apparently 

3 hours ago, daored said:

Interesting at the start, where he makes it sound like he’s correcting Garth Crooks, when he claimed that he could have bought “ANY premier league club”. By using clever exclamation, he cannily disguised the fact that he was saying he “couldn’t have bought any other club”..!

He lapped it up, thinking it was a ready made club, with a stadium deal already sorted and pretty much funded. Look at all those smiles and jovial quips from him & Dopey. 

All feels a bit different on the prospects front now lads, eh..?! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just watched the football focus clip , FFS.
Wael really love the limelight doesn't he. Parading around the pitch, shoulder rides down Glouc's road. Plus that little teasing answer to Garth Crooks 'you could have bought any club in the Prem' sneaky little smile and says , not any. Now people would have read that as, maybe not a top side in the Prem, what he meant was literally not ANY club in the Prem !
That is such lazy journalism , not to do the slightest background check, you expect it from the Fawning EP , but really.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Super said:

From our favourite bullshitting friend

"They way some fans go after DC has all the hallmarks of they way our 6 fingered friends went after little Lee after a few bad results last year..... look at him now !. Also was told last night that he is on Sunderland's list of replacements....

I’ve been buying the Viz for years and nearly every month they do a spoof ‘Take a Break’ style gossip magazine article.

It always features some fictional, attention seeking bullshitter making outrageous claims about things they’ve got up to with celebrities in private or boasting about inside knowledge they’ve obtained by accident whilst unblocking Brad Pitt’s bog.

Henbury Gas and his computer shop is a bit like a real life version of that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

4 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Just watched the football focus clip , FFS.
Wael really love the limelight doesn't he. Parading around the pitch, shoulder rides down Glouc's road. Plus that little teasing answer to Garth Crooks 'you could have bought any club in the Prem' sneaky little smile and says , not any. Now people would have read that as, maybe not a top side in the Prem, what he meant was literally not ANY club in the Prem !
That is such lazy journalism , not to do the slightest background check, you expect it from the Fawning EP , but really.

I would LOVE IT if the they introduced a “Football Focus Re-visited” feature and went back for more interviews today. 

“So Darrell, these players that you stuck with are out of all the Cups by the 2nd week in November, knocked out of 2 by lower league teams, and your inconsistent league form could land you in a relegation fight if you’ve lost control here. So, not going quite to plan ON the pitch, so, tell me how things are going on the new stadium front...?

oh sorry, I’m hearing I shouldn’t mention that..! 

Ok, so let’s look at other areas of investment that have been made since WAQ came to the club. I’ve got 2 mins left to broadcast, so if you can start with those impressively clean looking carpets over there... and hang on, those curtains weren’t there last time I was here...! 

Oh, Darrell, we are going to have to leave things there. It looks like someone is towing your car away...!”

• Haha 5

That belter BradfordMyerBriggs is up to it again :

Everywhere you go when people ask if you are from Bristol and they ask who you support and you say Rovers they are always sound, but if you say you are a Ted then chances are they won't be very accommodating. Plenty of Gas about but they don't scream and shout about it like the 82ers.

Doesn't seem to realise we don't have to be embarrassed about who we support - we're in a good league and don't have a tent city for a ground... 

And I'd imagine they do pretend to be lovely and accommodating to Gasheads, while quietly motioning to the rest of the staff to bolt everything to the floor... 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Red34 said:

Doesn't seem to realise we don't have to be embarrassed about who we support - we're in a good league and don't have a tent city for a ground... 

And I'd imagine they do pretend to be lovely and accommodating to Gasheads, while quietly motioning to the rest of the staff to bolt everything to the floor... 

It's pity , the word you're looking for is pity. :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Oh yeah I find that. Everywhere I go and I say I am a city fan everyone stop talking to me and I am shunned. Meanwhile my gashead brother in law is treated like a king.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

27 minutes ago, Red34 said:

people tend to be nicer and more accommodating to the mentally challenged though, until they are groped, horse is punch or car/bus window is headbutted 

• Haha 6

1 minute ago, Redsi2 said:

Oh yeah I find that. Everywhere I go and I say I am a city fan everyone stop talking to me and I am shunned. Meanwhile my gashead brother in law is treated like a king.

I know, it’s such a ridiculous thing they often come out with.

I remember seeing a post where one of them said they went into a shop (cant remember where, somewhere up North) and the staff asked where he was from...he said “Bristol” and they gasped in horror, then he said “no it’s ok...I’m a Gashead” and they breathed a sigh of relief :rofl2br:

******* dumbos. I swear they believe the shit they spout.

What they don’t ever seem to take into account when reciting stories of people they’ve met who apparently hate City is human nature. If I meet a Sheffield Utd fan, I’m likely to just go along with whatever they say about Wednesday...not tell them the truth that I couldn’t give a monkeys toss about either Sheffield club and find both sets of fans as arrogant as each other.

Either that or people just feel sorry for them. 

• Like 7

I have just been reliably informed that when the horse punchers were in the conference their away support was bigger than ours, as ours that year was terrible, someone give me a doctors number I think I need someone to be sectioned 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, B block said:

I have just been reliably informed that when the horse punchers were in the conference their away support was bigger than ours, as ours that year was terrible, someone give me a doctors number I think I need someone to be sectioned 

1952 was prob the last time their away support was more then ours

• Like 1

1 minute ago, B block said:

The year we got promoted as Champions from L1?

We averaged about 1400 away that season. Higher than they’ve ever averaged.

• Like 1