Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

42nite

Bristol Rovers Dustbin Thread

1 hour ago, slartibartfast said:

The Snake & a Ted !:clap:

Is that the title of a new children's football book for Xmas? :clapping:

• Like 1

After seeing Dopeys interview, I think I now know why the poor 15'ers think they are the bestest, most loyal and true fans ever. It's because they keep getting told it by various owners, chairmen and managers of the G*s to try and stop them from looking at the true nature of how utterly f*cked the club are behind the scenes.

It's a massive case of blowing smoke up their arses and hoping they are so happy to (ahem) 'know' they are the best fans ever they cannot believe that their club is (and has been for years) close to going to the wall. 

I would say it's painful to watch but it's not, it's f*cking brilliant.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Just surmising, based on his interview. He’s not even being discreet about it. 

For me it’s a clear case of sucking up to the fans to keep them on his side, whilst challenging Wally to sack him, which he can’t afford to do! 

Yes he's doing what he can to keep the fans on his side. 

Like when he mocked when enquiring how that lot down the road had got on.

Never forget!

Happy days indeed eh DC?

• Like 3

Unbelievably, Rotherham are actually on worse form than us over the last 5 league games, so I would predict a A hammering, a bit concerned that they have the league's top scorer in Kieffer Moore, who may enjoy playing against our defence! What we do well to hold them at 3/0 

looks like doc will be on his way after today once the fans turn against him 

as he said he's only here for the fans  if I am not wanted I will leave 

good bye 

• Haha 3

Bristol Rovers need to raise salaries if they want to keep hold of their best players, says manager Darrell Clarke.

Clarke has been frustrated by progress both on and off the pitch this season, with the club 18th in League One and plans for a new stadium stalling.

"We're still in the bottom six for the salaries we pay players," said Clarke, who confirmed Rovers are in talks with striker Billy Bodin over a new deal.

Top 6 whilst ST's were on sale, bottom 6 now they need excuses.

• Like 3

So they have, what, the 8th best average attendance in the division..?

They spend zero on upkeep of the dump. They spend zero on player transfers (DC had confirmed it’s a net spend of just £135k in 2 years!) 

Yet their wage bill is allegedly bottom 6. And they are still losing millions per year! 

That sounds like a recipe for us to piss ourselves laughing..! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

They spend zero on upkeep of the dump. They spend zero on player transfers (DC had confirmed it’s a net spend of just £135k in 2 years!) 

Yet their wage bill is allegedly bottom 6. And they are still losing millions per year! 

and Lansdown is a fool for making us self-sustainable apparently,  what a time to be a City fan..

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Tammys Scan said:

and Lansdown is a fool for making us self-sustainable apparently,  what a time to be a City fan..

After Darrell the Dog botherer’s “revelations” this week, you’d expect protests to be starting up at the Mem, against the board, before they lose their soul mate. 

What would be a fitting item for them to rain down on to the pitch in protest at the way they club is being suffocated in front of their eyes..? 

We’ve seen a chicken on the pitch at Blackburn. Pitch protests and games disrupted at Blackpool and Rovers. Some club recently showered the pitch in ping pong balls. 

What could Rovers fans use as a fitting statement at the Mem in coming weeks...?!

6 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

After Darrell the Dog botherer’s “revelations” this week, you’d expect protests to be starting up at the Mem, against the board, before they lose their soul mate. 

What would be a fitting item for them to rain down on to the pitch in protest at the way they club is being suffocated in front of their eyes..? 

We’ve seen a chicken on the pitch at Blackburn. Pitch protests and games disrupted at Blackpool and Rovers. Some club recently showered the pitch in ping pong balls. 

What could Rovers fans use as a fitting statement at the Mem in coming weeks...?!

Tent pegs?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

It’s not a stadium rebuild project..! 

It would be their version of crowdfunding the rebuild. Rather than donate money, just bring along something that can be used in the project. A couple of bricks, a few old doors you found in a skip, some old tins of paint you`ve got in the back of the shed, things like that.

If you build it, they will come.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Dont you realise how expensive the upkeep of a camping site is?

Dopey is clearly showing the strain of managing the fans expectations at one of the biggest clubs in the world, however it is reassuring to know that he can get away from it all...

4692779283_0aa59bc339_b.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

Chemical toilets?

1 hour ago, El Hombrecito said:

Looks like the Rugby League World Cup final is being played at the Memorial Ground. Plastics chairs galore!!

IMG_20171202_100122546.jpg

Those plastic chairs are clearly too fancy for Hani to be expected to purchase.  He's only a billionaire!

I mean they've got colours on and they're some Ikea or posh design - no chance they'll be able to get them at GoOutdoors with their loyalty discount...

2 hours ago, BS3City said:

Dopey is clearly showing the strain of managing the fans expectations at one of the biggest clubs in the world, however it is reassuring to know that he can get away from it all...

Have you been raiding Dopey's hard drive ?

3 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Mushrooms would be appropriate as to grow them properly they should be kept in the dark and fed manure. Just the same as Wael’s plan for the supporters 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

It seems wally has been true to his word on the redevelopment. Fair play. They are having new shitters installed. :rofl2br:

When they get a bog roll delivery, they can take it up the shitter.

5 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Maybe to fit in with their prowed gas nickname they could all just break wind to try and get rid of Wally....would make a nice change from the level of football stinking the place out ;)

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

It seems wally has been true to his word on the redevelopment. Fair play. They are having new shitters installed. :rofl2br:

That's their new signings isn't it?

Hot off of the press, just got to love the post and the gas.

Going to start at the end of the season............................well actually minor alterations.

I wonder if the gullible fools will swallow this latest pile of camel shit?.

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-rovers-chief-confirms-memorial-867389

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Season tickets, .... tens of thousands of 'em (umm, better make that hundreds of thousands, their support is MASSIVE innit! ) be a wonderful sight all fluttering down from the tent tops up on high like confetti or snowflakes in a storm .   

19 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Going to start at the end of the season............................well actually minor alterations.

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-rovers-chief-confirms-memorial-867389

The President has been talking... ?   WTF has Bristol f'ing Rovers got to do with Trump? 

Oh well, rest assured it must be 'fake news' anyway... :)  

PS: (quote from WAQ.. "as soon as we have... ** 'something concrete the fans will know', ...but it will take time'' )

** He's stating the bloody obvious there, even the dumbest Gashead couldn't fail to spot the difference between concrete & canvas!!!  :yawn:

Edited by WhistleHappy
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

Season tickets, .... tens of thousands of 'em (umm, better make that hundreds of thousands, their support is MASSIVE innit! ) be a wonderful sight all fluttering down from the tent tops up on high like confetti or snowflakes in a storm .   

Sounds like a nice image for a Christmas card. 

29 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

I’m sure Darrell will feel a lot better about things now...! 

27 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Upon hearing this I would suggest that any meaningful redevelopment is extremely unlikely in the coming years.

Why would you refurbish  bars, toilets etc to only knock it all down say a year later? You just wouldn't. 

The reality is minor alterations is all they can afford and every off season a little but will be done at a time.

33 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Cutting the grass.

35 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Talk about click-bait !:bounce:

I just want to return to the remark by the club Chairman when asked why the deal broke down with UWE. Did he or did he not effectively say that their failure to get on a plane to Amman scuppered the deal?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

A very cautious man is James Brent. He didn`t make his money by taking stupid risks. I did wonder if he was in it for the long run at first as he seemed to have been browbeaten a bit into saving them when no-one else would and he`s not really a football fan but fair play to him, he`s delivering what he said he would. It`s just a pity the team are letting him down at the moment.

Derek Adams still there? Before Moyes arrived back in management I think the only Scot Gaffer in English football.

39 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

The President has been talking... ?   WTF has Bristol f'ing Rovers got to do with Trump? 

Oh well, rest assured it must be 'fake news' anyway... :)  

PS: (quote from WAQ.. "as soon as we have... ** 'something concrete the fans will know', ...but it will take time'' )

** He's stating the bloody obvious there, even the dumbest Gashead couldn't fail to spot the difference between concrete & canvas!!!  :yawn:

It's the lack of concrete that is part of the problem.

Tents in the other hand....

5 hours ago, BS3City said:

‘And they call it puppy looooooove.....’

9 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Derek Adams still there? Before Moyes arrived back in management I think the only Scot Gaffer in English football.

Alex Neil at PNE? Mickey Mellon at Tranmere? Darren Ferguson at Donny Rovers? Graham Alexander at Scunny? Stuart McCall at Bradford? Steve Evans at Mansfield? Robbie Neilson at MK Dons? Mark McGhee at Barnet? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Alex Neil at PNE? Mickey Mellon at Tranmere? Darren Ferguson at Donny Rovers? Graham Alexander at Scunny? Stuart McCall at Bradford? Steve Evans at Mansfield? Robbie Neilson at MK Dons? Mark McGhee at Barnet? 

Hehehehehehheeeeee..... You know what... As soon as I hit send i realised i was well wrong.. I had quoted a friend of mine and just took his word as gospel.. What a bell end.. I will flick his ear for my embarassment. Thanks for putting me bang to rights. :)

P.s. Tranny are Conference!

Edited by havanatopia
  • Like 1