Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

42nite

Bristol Rovers Dustbin Thread

17 minutes ago, Sergio Georgini said:

Coming from the supporter of a club owned by Dwane Sports and who couldn't wait to jump into a franchise with UWE.

Edited by cityloyal473
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, cityloyal473 said:

Coming from the supporter of a club owned by Dwane Sports and who couldn't wait to jump into a franchise with UWE.

..and company is registered in the Channel Islands 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

17 hours ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

Talking of Christmas, will they be repeating this initiative again to keep their star player fed and watered and off the streets?

homeless.thumb.jpg.6acb09e521652361aaacd4059fcfcdc3.jpg

FFS people have been warned about this. Keep this filth off this thread. That is the first time I’ve seen that photo, now I will be scarred for life. People spare a thought for your sensitive mods. That image is now burnt into my poor little brain. I truly feel sick.

• Haha 1

I think we need to get a sense of perspective and recognise that the Fewers do have a more prowed history and culture than us though.

A history of punching horses and head butting vans.

And a culture of thieving from the till and where boob cricket assaults on innocent women taking their kids out for a walk is acceptable!!

• Like 1

From the CCMB but probably the most deluded thing I have ever seen.... 

Its worth knowing a bit of the background over there. Rovers fans are by far the more knowledgeable and longer serving set of fans. They've been through much leaner times, but still turn out in big numbers home and away.

The Wurzels (lovingly named the 'Shit Heads' from the Rovers fans) are the more Sky TV loving, pseudo middle class types whereas the Gas Heads (as they're called by the Shit Heads') are the more down to earth, passionate and loyal type of fan.

Rovers have unfortunately been in the lower leagues for longer, but will absolutely dwarf the attendances of the Shit Heads when the roles are reversed. 

Which I'm certain will be in the next few seasons come to think of it... 

Don't forget that football ALWAYS goes in cycles thumbup.gif

• Haha 8

7 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Its worth knowing a bit of the background over there. Rovers fans are by far the more knowledgeable and longer serving set of fans. They've been through much leaner times, but still turn out in big numbers home and away.

The Wurzels (lovingly named the 'Shit Heads' from the Rovers fans) are the more Sky TV loving, pseudo middle class types whereas the Gas Heads (as they're called by the Shit Heads') are the more down to earth, passionate and loyal type of fan.

Rovers have unfortunately been in the lower leagues for longer, but will absolutely dwarf the attendances of the Shit Heads when the roles are reversed. 

#tanlogic

13 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

So this poster is saying that Rovers fans will only turn up in huge numbers if their team is doing well...doesn’t sound very loyal to me. Although you’d expect that logic from a thick Cardiff fan.

Rovers have been higher than us and their attendances have never dwarfed ours. 

Big numbers home and away? 7k at home last week 2-300 at Bradford, Bury and Rochdale and this at Scunthorpe....

What a dick!

E79789F7-69EB-45EC-8377-B3468530AED6.jpeg

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

This is tough to take from a Cardiff fan who probably still has his red shirt and a red scarf in his cupboard. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

24 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

This is what gets churned out when someone from Cardiff tries to sound intelligent!!

Edited by Numero Uno
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Credit where credit due it"s only recently that Cardiff were a mirror of Bristol Rovers. Playing in a rubbish stadium with dreadful crowds

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Sounds like an echo from inside a sheeps arse.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

This is what gets churned out when someone from Cardiff tries to sound intelligent!!

Quite. 17 years and the wheel on this cycle appears to be turning backwards.

And does it not occur to this half wit that their crowds could only dwarf ours if they had a new stadium? As opposed to new toilets.

12 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Quite. 17 years and the wheel on this cycle appears to be turning backwards.

And does it not occur to this half wit that their crowds could only dwarf ours if they had a new stadium? As opposed to new toilets.

The last time they were above us , these were all the rage.....Screenshot_20171209-100809.jpg.f24c16aebe26ed6ea7febd5d2a4aa516.jpg

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

The last time they were above us , these were all the rage.....

Ahhh the penny farthing...that bikes worth more than Wael. :yes:

• Like 1

I stood amongst Gasheads last night who were obviously cheering for Sheffield United to win and I looked at their faces when the winner went in from Aden Flint and you could see the colour draining from their faces as their stomachs churned to the point that they looked like they were going to be physically sick. Make no mistake, they might be having a laugh at some of those who are celebrating far too prematurely, but deep down they are thinking that we might actually do it this season. I saw the same sick look on their faces when we nearly did it under Johnson Snr. I have never seen them look so lost for words.....until last night. Surely they must think to themselves, "Why on earth did I chose to support Ragass? We've got **** all and are going backwards and the team that we hoped would never recover from 1982 and would always be in our shadow have risen again and have got the infrastructure and team playing quality football who might just do the unthinkable?".

I may just stock up on some red buckets for them to spew into come next May? If we do go up there will be a mass exodus of Gasheads on early holidays!

Edited by Cheesleysmate
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

I stood amongst Gasheads last night who were obviously cheering for Sheffield United to win and I looked at their faces when the winner went in from Aden Flint and you could see the colour draining from their faces as their stomachs churned to the point that they looked like they were going to be physically sick. Make no mistake, they might be having a laugh at some of those who are celebrating far too prematurely, but deep down they are thinking that we might actually do it this season. I saw the same sick look on their faces when we nearly did it under Johnson Snr. I have never seen them look so lost for words.....until last night. Surely they must think to themselves, "Why on earth did I chose to support Ragass? We've got **** all and are going backwards and the team that we hoped would never recover from 1982 and would always be in our shadow have risen again and have got the infrastructure and team playing quality football who might just do the unthinkable?".

I may just stock up on some red buckets for them to spew into come next May? If we do go up there will be a mass exodus of Gasheads on early holidays!

How did they react when Matty Taylor came on?

Was it as good as this gem? ....

"Just watching Sky Sports... and that syphilitic, subhuman, waste of discharge Matty Taylor has just come on for the Sh*t."

Bitter ... or what?!

Interesting selection of replies - http://gasheads.org/thread/6974/watching-sky-sports

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, JBFC II said:

**Don't forget that football ALWAYS goes in cycles thumbup.gif

** so true and in the case of The Gas, this refers obviously to UNI-Cycles ... the clowns peddled that myth/lie around and around the block so many times before they got giddy and the wheel finally fell off.  

2354557224_b827c353f4_z.jpg?zz=1

Not sure if anyone has posted this yet...  seems the 'family club' billionaire cares so much for their own that they don't even pay them minimum wage.... 

(The Gas, the gift that keeps on giving.. except for when it comes to wages ! )

http://www.itv.com/news/westcountry/2017-12-08/bristol-rovers-among-firms-named-and-shamed-for-underpaying-staff/ 

Edited by WhistleHappy

Plymouth Argyle, a bottom four club had 11000+ today, the blue few on the other hand just over 8000.

No argument over who is the West's second club, is there?

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Plymouth Argyle, a bottom four club had 11000+ today, the blue few on the other hand just over 8000.

No argument over who is the West's second club, is there?

And Argyle were playing Gillingham who I doubt brought more than about fifty.

Edited by Red Right Hand
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, cityloyal473 said:

Bristol City are a sports franchise owned by a billionaire tax dodger. They may achieve success but id rather follow a unique family club with history and culture. They are like a chain of costa coffee bland and uninspiring. #FTG

Yeh, says the man who follows a team that is like a chain of old "War on Want" shops.

10 hours ago, Sergio Georgini said:

Don't you just love people like Dinsdale? Completely honest & transparent. Wants so much to be us. BTW what makes them unique? Canvas roofed stands?

Do you think Dinsdale realises that having a shit ground, shit players, and shit support doesn't make that lot 'unique'? The mem being shit doesn't give it character.

6 hours ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

How did they react when Matty Taylor came on?

Was it as good as this gem? ....

"Just watching Sky Sports... and that syphilitic, subhuman, waste of discharge Matty Taylor has just come on for the Sh*t."

Bitter ... or what?!

Interesting selection of replies - http://gasheads.org/thread/6974/watching-sky-sports

They were just praying that he didn't score the winner. They were nail biting and it definitely increased when the snake came on.

There was a few "******* hell's" and a couple of "Turn it off" when he came on and the camera zoomed in on the name TAYLOR emblazoned across the back of a red shirt.

Like I said, the pain was very much a physical one and you could tell that they were feeling rough as **** when we scored the winner.

They are very very worried about us. They piped up this afternoon following their victory on Facebook asking why the "Ted's are so quiet after their latest victory". Perhaps it is because we played last night you thick *****?!!!

• Like 2

Has someone perhaps been getting the stuff cheap off a bloke down the pub after he salvaged it from a skip round the back of Tesco`s. I doubt it as no professionally run organisation would do that surely.

I would have thought selling out of date foodstuffs would be something Trading Standards might be interested in though.

5 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

Not sure if anyone has posted this yet...  seems the 'family club' billionaire cares so much for their own that they don't even pay them minimum wage.... 

(The Gas, the gift that keeps on giving.. except for when it comes to wages ! )

http://www.itv.com/news/westcountry/2017-12-08/bristol-rovers-among-firms-named-and-shamed-for-underpaying-staff/ 

The BBC article has them relegated to league two again :cool:

9E32DE37-134F-416B-8116-8445893E705B.jpeg

• Haha 3

37 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

The BBC article has them relegated to league two again :cool:

9E32DE37-134F-416B-8116-8445893E705B.jpeg

Even the TUC hate the gas.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, glynriley said:

Someone's been going through the bins again...

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/11253/pasty-hut

Food being sold to the public that is bad? Perhaps the council need to send in a cleaning inspector.

Some of the comments on that thread - wow.

edit* if anyone fancies dropping the council an email 

https://www.bristol.gov.uk/food-business/food-safety-inspections

Edited by Rocky

Not good that a bloke was walking home from their match today and was stabbed by 3 youffs on push bikes.

Hope he gets well soon, and they catch the little ***** that did this.

Nobody deserves that.

https://www.avonandsomerset.police.uk/newsroom/2017/12/stabbing-in-horfield-under-investigation/?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=SocialSignIn

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, GreedyHarry said:

Not good that a bloke was walking home from their match today and was stabbed by 3 youffs on push bikes.

Nobody deserves that.

https://www.avonandsomerset.police.uk/newsroom/2017/12/stabbing-in-horfield-under-investigation/?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=SocialSignIn

Agreed. Hope the little scrotes are rounded up quickly. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, GreedyHarry said:

Nobody deserves that.

Hope the police find them and justice is swift.

Like to think the person responsible isn't at home for Christmas.

• Like 2