Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

42nite

Bristol Rovers Dustbin Thread

27 minutes ago, Nuno Gomez said:

Apologies if this has been posted before but I cried when reading the comment from the guy who actually wanted to move there but couldn’t because “the machine has broken”.

BC805956-6E3D-4E72-92D5-E8636998EF4C.png

From Midnight Express;

Ahmet: Where are you going? Why don't you walk the wheel with us? What is the matter my American friend? What has upset you? Oh, a bad machine doesn't know that he's a bad machine. You still don't believe it? You still don't believe you're a bad machine? 

Billy Hayes: Oh, I know. I already know. I know that you are a bad machine.  And do you know how I know? Huh? I know, because I'm from the factory. I make the machines!

:gasmask:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Busterrimes said:

Last season Sag fans complain3d that their refreshment huts were selling out of date crisps

Bitter and twisted flavour.

19 minutes ago, myol'man said:

From Midnight Express;

Ahmet: Where are you going? Why don't you walk the wheel with us? What is the matter my American friend? What has upset you? Oh, a bad machine doesn't know that he's a bad machine. You still don't believe it? You still don't believe you're a bad machine? 

Billy Hayes: Oh, I know. I already know. I know that you are a bad machine.  And do you know how I know? Huh? I know, because I'm from the factory. I make the machines!

:gasmask:

Great film, if you haven’t already,  read the book it’s quality 

59 minutes ago, Nuno Gomez said:

Apologies if this has been posted before but I cried when reading the comment from the guy who actually wanted to move there but couldn’t because “the machine has broken”.

BC805956-6E3D-4E72-92D5-E8636998EF4C.png

I'm not trying to be a c@nt with this but they aren't even pillars. They are tent poles FFS.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The fewers have been on fire 🔥 recently with gifts . And now they have signed a left back on loan from Stevenage. Who couldn’t get in their side . They are in deep shit . 

Keep it going sags . :sub:

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

The fewers have been on fire 🔥 recently with gifts . And now they have signed a left back on loan from Stevenage. Who couldn’t get in their side . They are in deep shit . 

I might have to go to gaschat anonymous, my names B block and I’m addicted to laughing at Bristol rovers 

1 hour ago, Red Army 75 said:

They had a left back by the name of Kelly who played last night, apparently.

From the reports, it would appear that he was dogshit.

No doubt 2015 will soon be claiming that their L.B. Kelly is better than ours ! :facepalm:

9 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

Premiership fan base. That’s absolutely amazing. 

Fairs fair,  it's pretty good for the Southern League Premiership.

1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

So they’ve signed a LB from basement league Stevenage who can’t get in the team to be their first choice left back ? 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Darrells quote is the epitome of damning with faint praise. "Pirates boss Darrell Clarke told the Rovers website: "Joe offers us experience in that position."

Nothing else then? Just "Experience" 😶

On 26/08/2018 at 17:29, wendyredredrobin said:

I see in the Evil Post that one Rollin Menayese aged 20 of Bradley stoke has been convicted of dangerous driving and assault by beating.  He has been given 250 hours of community service and disqualified from driving for 15 months and ordered to pay costs and compensation.  Is this the same guy that plays for the Sags - the age is correct?

did a bit of digging on this one, and wrote this about Mr Menayese
https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/bristol-rovers-player-convicted-violence-1949726

• Thanks 1

That’s it I’m convinced their forums full of teds, they can’t all be that thick

atter said:
I’ve never understood why BMW have never considered a red bull styled take over with us! That would be so awesome! Especially with the fact that BMW OWN THE ROVER BRAND! fits on so many levels! 

In all seriousness there was a post on here a while back that suggested we had contacted BMW about sponsorship and their response was effectively that we would not add to their status as an aspirational brand.

• Haha 2

I see they have a thread on their forum to predict the away following on Saturday. Obsessed is not the word!! 

Edited by Redsi2
Spelling
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Is anybody thinking that we should lay off them for a bit..? That it’s a bit like laughing at a stray dog that starving to death in the gutter. 

No, nor me. Carry on...! 😂😂😂

Nope! They tried to nick Ashton Gate in 1982 - never forget......

• Like 6

7 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

It's a hand stamp

No one knows how to operate it

Or perhaps a John Bull printing set. (Apologies to anyone under 50 as they won’t know what this is.)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, David Brent said:

The gap is so big, is it even a gap anymore? 🤔

Chasm now?

Edit: Apologies to @Red DNA - have just seen that you have already posted this - but I have used ‘#MindTheChasm’ lots over recent years - great minds and all that!

Edited by BS4 on Tour...

12 hours ago, Monkeh said:

I seem to remember us taking more to man city (a cup final for us) then they got at home on the following saturday 

To be fair, back in 1994 we took more to Anfield (for the infamous 0-1 Tinman game) than we had at home in the previous game...

10 hours ago, MC26 said:

Exactly! 

Once they stop comparing themselves to far bigger clubs they *might* justifiably win some arguments. 

Spot on! Recent splutterings from the Blue Few include ‘they are a bigger club than Norwich’ and their home support is ‘comparable to Liverpool, West Ham and Leeds’ - will they ever learn? And they say City fans think our club is ‘massive’ - I’ve genuinely never heard a fellow City fan say we follow a ‘massive’ club....they really don’t help themselves with their ridiculous proclamations....

• Like 3

4 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

So they’ve signed a LB from basement league Stevenage who can’t get in the team to be their first choice left back ? 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

That is either truly inspirational transfer or the saddest transfer ever.

4 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

...and they’ve signed this guy on loan for the season....cracking CV.... https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Bonham

...wonder if he’s any good on the drums?!

Edited by BS4 on Tour...

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Chasm now?

Edit: Apologies to @Red DNA - have just seen that you have already posted this - but I have used ‘#MindTheChasm’ lots over recent years - great minds and all that!

#MindtheGulf 😇

One of their players a Michael Kelly on Brisrol Live reckons they have something to build on after a 3-1 loss to a bunch of kids. Blimey they set themselves low standards!!

7 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

Snubbed by HollowHead 😂😂😂

IMG_8970.PNG

I don't know why he is upset, just shows that Holloway is a typical gashead. He professes undying love for the club, but secretly ***** off to support a bigger club when he thinks no one is looking.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, pongo88 said:

Or perhaps a John Bull printing set. (Apologies to anyone under 50 as they won’t know what this is.)

I had many minutes of fun with one of those when I younger,and I mean minutes.

Reserve Team

gaschatter Avatar

Member is Online

Posting Level

Next Level in 387 posts
34 minutes ago via mobile
Post Options

Post by gaschatter on 34 minutes ago

I lost admiration for this guy long ago - my signed autobiography and shirt at home used to be treasures but felt have meaningless to me for an age now. Just a journeyman manager that can’t cut it at the highest level, is bitter and is now out of touch. Time for the retirement home! 😜
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, wood_red said:

Reserve Team

gaschatter Avatar

Member is Online

Posting Level

Next Level in 387 posts
34 minutes ago via mobile
Post Options

Post by gaschatter on 34 minutes ago

I lost admiration for this guy long ago - my signed autobiography and shirt at home used to be treasures but felt have meaningless to me for an age now. Just a journeyman manager that can’t cut it at the highest level, is bitter and is now out of touch. Time for the retirement home! 😜

Yeah, until he comes back as the messiah............. 😉

31 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Yeah, until he comes back as the messiah............. 😉

the amount of people calling him a clown and he was never a legend is unbelievable, they are so ungrateful  

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I don't know why he is upset, just shows that Holloway is a typical gashead. He professes undying love for the club, but secretly ***** off to support a bigger club when he thinks no one is looking.

As I said above Hollowhead the player left Rovers for Wimbledon, then QPR without a 2nd thought. Couldn't wait to get away.

He's like numerous Bristolians I've met over the years, professes to be a 'lifelong gashead'  when it suits him but actually lost active interest in them long ago.

These Rovers 'fans' haven't attended a game in years but remain fiercely anti City and that is their only real interest in local football - a strong and abiding hatred of Bristol City FC., and a yearning to see us fail.

These bitter old (ex.) sags wish us ill far more than they wish Rovers well.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

As I said above Hollowhead the player left Rovers for Wimbledon, then QPR without a 2nd thought. Couldn't wait to get away.

He's like numerous Bristolians I've met over the years, professes to be a 'lifelong gashead'  when it suits him but actually lost active interest in them long ago.

These Rovers 'fans' haven't attended a game in years but remain fiercely anti City and that is their only real interest in local football - a strong and abiding hatred of Bristol City FC., and a yearning to see us fail.

I know a few Sags who have admitted it is all about our score rather than theirs because "we know we are shoite". Yes we take the pee but I don't know any who would see their score as important as ours.

What was great last week after speaking to one of them in the week was our goal at Swansea was already going around their ground before they even kicked off - superb! Already fuming before a ball was kicked....

• Like 3

We still need an emoji to represent henbury sag. I think a Bull with a large steaming pile behind it would be Ideal. As in  "Thats a load of henbury" "thats a steaming pile of henbury" and so on.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, SimonR said:

We still need an emoji to represent henbury sag. I think a Bull with a large steaming pile behind it would be Ideal. As in  "Thats a load of henbury" "thats a steaming pile of henbury" and so on.

💩🐃💩

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, SimonR said:

This is the logo he uses for his computing consultancy for all his prestigious customers including Ashton Gate ...

logo2.png

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, TwoSheds said:

Don't forget the banner over the M32 when City played Hull in the play off final, Don't forget when Ashton Vale was put forward as a host for World cup matches every club in the Southwest supported City's bid except one. I for one want them to go out of business. 

Re the banner: That was probably just payback for 1990. Karma and all that. Sorry. 

As for Ashton Vale, that really did show them in their true colours - hosting World Cup games would have been a massive boost for all Bristolians, the city as a whole, the wider region.  Yet the gAssholes were only interested in petty, small-minded points scoring - utterly pathetic and utterly typical.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Re the banner: That was probably just payback for 1990. Karma and all that. Sorry. 

As for Ashton Vale, that really did show them in their true colours - hosting World Cup games would have been a massive boost for all Bristolians, the city as a whole, the wider region.  Yet the gAssholes were only interested in petty, small-minded points scoring - utterly pathetic and utterly typical.

Won’t be an issue when we get the World Cup next time, they will be extinct 

1 hour ago, SimonR said:

🤥

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, TwoSheds said:

Don't forget the banner over the M32 when City played Hull in the play off final, Don't forget when Ashton Vale was put forward as a host for World cup matches every club in the Southwest supported City's bid except one. I for one want them to go out of business. 

Seconded

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Exactly this! 

I’ve met many Rovers down the years, most of whom display a vicious hatred of us. So much so that you naturally assume they are die hard gasheads who go week in, week out - before it transpires that they hardly ever actually bother to watch their own matches. 

Bitter, twisted, angry, horrible breed of people with no sense of reason or reality. 

The sooner they go bust the better and I for one will celebrate, long & loud!

• Like 6