Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Bristol Rovers Dustbin Thread

21 minutes ago, 22A said:

Let's be fair to the Rovers though; An away win at a team in a higher division is worth celebrating (as we are).

Was it round two last season when City won at Fulham?

No , let's not. Fulham made 11 changes so they only beat their rezzies. I wouldn't give them the steam off my piss never mind any credit. :)

• Like 3
1 hour ago, glynriley said:

It's all sorted now, they're going to knock up a stadium themselves...

What could happen is for the club to appeal to gasheads in the trade to perform the install..I'm in the commercial roofing game and I would be happy to install any of it for a standard daywork rate and go the extra mile etc and I'm sure there's brickies and chippies etc that would do the same along with gas network!!!

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/10556/create-stadium-fund

shed-collapse-two-ronnies-o.gif.ebbdec2dffb9e2688db6bb8d3906a885.gif

Commercial Roofing game??   In other words he nicks the lead of roofs and sells it.  Thieving Pikey

They could call in the boys from Auf Wiedersehen Pet to help out. They could shack up in the old burger shed. Oh no! it's been condemned. Move on to plan C then, carry on as we are until the canvas needs waterproofing.

5 hours ago, Chalkie said:

Not sure this has been mentioned but Sad Lad who posted the classic Dad and Son video after the takeover has got his Fulham effort on Youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AMVMJf4VTc

Worth watching just for the coach which he films with about 2 others on there. Made me think of the open top bus grand tour :rofl2br:

They weren't taking many up as Fulham never let them have many tickets -Priceless!

Forgot to say Twentypence introduces it in a nice bit of Radio Bristol neutrality.

Thank you for this. That was so funny. The coach was like a scene out of Phoenix Nights. 

17 minutes ago, Rich said:

They could call in the boys from Auf Wiedersehen Pet to help out. They could shack up in the old burger shed. Oh no! it's been condemned. Move on to plan C then, carry on as we are until the canvas needs waterproofing.

OMG I forgot about that show, I just got hit by a nostalgia wave.

30 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Yet more BS from the sags, one of his mates told him LJ was being interviewed and was asked who he'd want in the next round of the cup to which LJ supposedly replied 'someone easy like Rovers'.

literally believe any old BS they are told.

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/10562/arseh-le

They really are thick as **** . Just believe anything one of those belters say and follow like the sheep they are. No one even questions the fact dean holder done the press conferences pre and post match and said he'd like Man U next round :noexp: utter ******** the lot of um 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, BCFC11 said:

Yet more BS from the sags, one of his mates told him LJ was being interviewed and was asked who he'd want in the next round of the cup to which LJ supposedly replied 'someone easy like Rovers'.

Anybody see this interview or is it safe to assume this is just another load of old Gas bullshit that one of them has made up....like the disabled fan supposedly getting his teeth knocked out in Ashton Gate?

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Anybody see this interview or is it safe to assume this is just another load of old Gas bullshit that one of them has made up....like the disabled fan supposedly getting his teeth knocked out in Ashton Gate?

Well, it's almost correct. Apart from the actual bit they're getting wound up about...

Screenshot_20170824-000640.png

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

So basically he's smiled and said Bristol Rovers. But they've turned it into something else. Absolute belters . Let's see the proof of LJ saying it . And if he did say it . Then good for him 

8 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Henbury gas again?

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Red Army 75 said:

So basically he's smiled and said Bristol Rovers. But they've turned it into something else. Absolute belters . Let's see the proof of LJ saying it . And if he did say it . Then good for him 

But why wouldn't you want to draw the lowest ranked team left on the competition?  Seems a perfectly obvious response to me.

• Like 1

LJ smirked and said "Tinpot bin dipping rag ass Rovers away please. Really looking forward to going to that delapitated cess pit with it's gazebo's, plastic chairs, cricket pavilion and condemned pasty shack. I have heard that Wally splashed out on a Rag....sorry....RUG Doctor from Asda to clean their carpets in preparation for their cup final against us and I am just can't wait to see just how effective their championship ready sprinklers are. I was going to take my kids along as Bristol Rovers are family club but they are scared that Santas Grotty might be there and I don't want them to be subjected to hearing racist abuse, animal cruelty, pilfering and mindless thuggery like punching our players in the back of our own net and attacking their own stewards. I like to be honest and don't want my kids to witness bear faced lying about Rovers being the victims and blaming everyone else for everything. Obviously the state of their pitch will be a concern as their fans can't seem to keep off of pitches. Although we would be playing just across town on a Tuesday or Wednesday evening we would have to leave for the Minimal at 6am just to get through their massive following of which no doubt many thousands will end up locked out. We'll win obviously and I am confident that Matty Taylor can officially be welcomed to Bristol by both sets of fans? Hopefully by the end of the match we'll be ordering celebratory drinks whereas Rovers fans will be picking up their usual orders.....banning orders. Heh heh heh"

Edited by Cheesleysmate
  • Like 2
  • Haha 6
9 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Just seen on BBC twitter. Bristol rovers drawn away to Wolves , who they haven't played since 1992 . This must be fake news , rovers are massive . Oh no that's right , they haven't been in the second tier for 25 years :laughcont:

but wolves were in the third tier in 2014, such a massive club with huge fan base can''t of been any lower then that surely?

• Haha 2