Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

42nite

Bristol Rovers Dustbin Thread

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, ten minutes of rough said:

Commiserations, my local recycling centre has a bin dedicated to Dyson cleaners,  

 

Just seen this and scanned quickly through this news...Blimey what a to-do, and yes I am flabbergasted and slightly jealous if it's true, as I suspect if (if) we were being honest we all are envious With a huge war chest Rovers will be a force to reckon with, all the way to knocking on the door to the Prem. Perhaps that what we need a kick up the backside, after all we have so underachieved it's embarrassing, Bristol need a team to be playing in the top flight, BUT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD ...PLEASE NOT THEM!!!

Wow what an overreaction!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't get this Gas are ok...can't wait to be playing them bit. This is the scum who wanted us to fold in OUR darkest days! I'll be happy when it blows up in their collective face and they're back playing non-league. 

Never forget.

  • Like 19

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, FramptonRed said:

That's a bit harsh mate.Ive got uncles,cousins friends and colleagues that are gas,I live north of river in south glos but they are not scum and I certainly wouldn't want them dead.

Sense of humour bypass

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Reddie The Eagle Edwards said:

They are claiming a fortune of 105billion now

The richest man in the world, Bill Gates, is worth less than 80bn 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry lads and possibly ladies, this does taste of sour grapes, I have continually tried to warn you over too much gloating, and now this!!! But some on here are acting like petulant kids, look on the positive side, a stronger Rovers always seem to push us on, and really it does put Bristol on the map more, too long been a Footballing backwater. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Reddie The Eagle Edwards said:

They are claiming a fortune of 105billion now

not like the gas to talk shit and make figure up is it?

its 1.05 billion and that's the total amount of the banks asests a bank which they only have a 30% stake in 

the actual wealth the family have (remember this is only 1 of a few sons) is 70 million

they aren't even the richest club in league 2 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems to be some confusion amongst our blue friends that assets of their bank equals net worth. Not quite!

Really do not see this is going to make them the new Man City or Chelsea - let's be honest, if you are that rich, why start with Bristol Rovers? It would I assume secure their short term future. If I was them, I would take that as a start and see what happens from there. Seems some of them are frankly setting ludicrous expectations after a few hours.

Edited by cityexile

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ten minutes of rough said:

Anyone that uses ffs as in a reply deserves contempt, what about trying to reply with dialogue? Try and put your point over, in a way that I might be persuaded, go on. 

Why don't you **** off to the rovers forum

rather then be all high and mighty about their take over as if it suddenly justifies them,

nothing has change they still haven't got a new ground or spent a penny

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

not like the gas to talk shit and make figure up is it?

its 1.05 billion and that's the total amount of the banks asests a bank which they only have a 30% stake in 

the actual wealth the family have (remember this is only 1 of a few sons) is 70 million

they aren't even the richest club in league 2 

So...basically these two are richer than their new owners....

 

image.jpeg

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Why don't you **** off to the rovers forum

rather then be all high and mighty about their take over as if it suddenly justifies them,

nothing has change they still haven't got a new ground or spent a penny

 

whoa, whoa - this is essentially a thread about Rovers, so why can't us Gasheads read and/or comment? someone's toys have just been forcibly ejected.

If you don't want him commenting, perhaps don't have a Rovers thread? clearly it's a popular topic though.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Seems to be some confusion amongst our blue friends that assets of their bank equals net worth. Not quite!

Really do not see this is going to make them the new Man City or Chelsea - let's be honest, if you are that rich, why start with Bristol Rovers? It would I assume secure their short term future. If I was them, I would take that as a start and see what happens from there. Seems some of them are frankly setting ludicrous expectations after a few hours.

In terms of being a soulless, plastic football club they'll be everything like Man City and Chelsea..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, ten minutes of rough said:

Anyone that uses ffs as in a reply deserves contempt, what about trying to reply with dialogue? Try and put your point over, in a way that I might be persuaded, go on. 

Wow, what the **** are you on about?

Why don't you do one!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gashead73
Moderator
*****
 
gashead73 Avatar

Dare we believe for the second year on the bounce!
Posts: 604 
Year you started supporting the Gas?: 1979 
Member is Online
 
Posting Level
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Next Level in 396 posts
24 minutes ago via mobile
Quote
Post Options
 

Post by gashead73 on 24 minutes ago

I was blown away' really feel we have come out smelling of Roses.

While Al Qadi is flying to Zurich to vote on a new FIFA President what will Mr Lansdown be doing?
Flying back to his Tax Free Safehaven!


We are now on a par with wealthy clubs like Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal etc


How does that make you feel' but (Big Smile) how do our Red Cousins really feel.


Oh' and it sounds like we will get our shiny new Stadium.....

Big tick from me, Loving it!

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/5997/itv-westcountry-news

:rofl2br: comedy gold

Edited by southbristol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, GazSaid said:

whoa, whoa - this is essentially a thread about Rovers, so why can't us Gasheads read and/or comment? someone's toys have just been forcibly ejected.

If you don't want him commenting, perhaps don't have a Rovers thread? clearly it's a popular topic though.

 

 

I don't mind gashead a posting here or talking about the gas here,  never have done 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hahaha can see this going tits up. cannot wait to quote that thread of theirs when reality hits. "on a par with man utd, chelsea, arsenal." my god :laugh:

Edited by Tauntonian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

There's just something not quite right about this Wael Al-Qadi bloke

RH2YyC5.gif

I've just laughed so much the cuppa I'm trying to drink has shot out my nose....now my wife is calling me a child...she will never understand :clapping:

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, southbristol said:
gashead73
Moderator
*****
 
gashead73 Avatar

Dare we believe for the second year on the bounce!
Posts: 604 
Year you started supporting the Gas?: 1979 
Member is Online
 
Posting Level
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Next Level in 396 posts
24 minutes ago via mobile
Quote
Post Options
 

Post by gashead73 on 24 minutes ago

I was blown away' really feel we have come out smelling of Roses.

While Al Qadi is flying to Zurich to vote on a new FIFA President what will Mr Lansdown be doing?
Flying back to his Tax Free Safehaven!


We are now on a par with wealthy clubs like Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal etc


How does that make you feel' but (Big Smile) how do our Red Cousins really feel.


Oh' and it sounds like we will get our shiny new Stadium.....

Big tick from me, Loving it!

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/5997/itv-westcountry-news

:rofl2br: comedy gold

He did apologise to us.. fair play for that, I mean he must be excited, it's not every day you see your club sell out and lose it's identity.. ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

8 minutes ago, southbristol said:
gashead73
Moderator
*****
 
gashead73 Avatar

Dare we believe for the second year on the bounce!
Posts: 604 
Year you started supporting the Gas?: 1979 
Member is Online
 
Posting Level
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Next Level in 396 posts
24 minutes ago via mobile
Quote
Post Options
 

Post by gashead73 on 24 minutes ago

I was blown away' really feel we have come out smelling of Roses.

While Al Qadi is flying to Zurich to vote on a new FIFA President what will Mr Lansdown be doing?
Flying back to his Tax Free Safehaven!


We are now on a par with wealthy clubs like Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal etc


How does that make you feel' but (Big Smile) how do our Red Cousins really feel.


Oh' and it sounds like we will get our shiny new Stadium.....

Big tick from me, Loving it!

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/5997/itv-westcountry-news

:rofl2br:

 

Their moderator is not to bright is he ! Maybe he should read a few pages of this thread, he might actually learn a little. 

 

"on a par with... Man utd, Chelsea,,,,, "   love to see his face when someone points out the facts....  :yawn:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well what I say is good luck to the Rovers. If this gives them their new stadium and guarantees their future then good for them. I am city through and through and have been for 60+ years but I always wanted to see a local derby with them in the Prem before I expire. If this gives it a remote chance of happening then bring it on. It can only be good for local rivalry and bragging rights.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cotham Brow Red said:

Exactly how rich is this bloke then?

Well Abdulkader Abdullah Al-Qadi the head of the family last filed accounts make him worth £331M  

Not sure where the Billionaire family tag is coming from, over excited think of a number and triple it from the sags as usual.

https://companycheck.co.uk/director/912508040/ABDULKADER-ABDULLAH-AL-QADI/financials

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Aizoon said:

We should just sit back and see precisely in what manner the Sags will cock it up. I feel a poll coming on...

Tried to set up a poll from my iPhone and - guess what? This bloody board threw it out for no apparent reason and lost all I entered. :grr: 

Edited by Aizoon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

If the £70m is true then that ain't a lot and they will have to see a return on that, otherwise they'll be worth £30m.

More importantly, If £70m is true its very unlikely they will invest any of their own hard earned cash. They will take out loans which will shaft the club in the long run if it doesn't work out.

The glaziers are essentially doing the same thing at man united.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I understand why they are celebrating, it certainly looks better for them now than with Higgs at the helm.

But as for jealous; why would we be?

Even the highest (realistic...) estimates of this new owner's wealth doesn't change the fact we also have a very wealthy man in charge, who has help fund our new stadium, which in turn will lead to us being able to punch a little harder.

Add to that it is pretty clear SL is both a fan and in it for the long haul; as nice as it may be to suddenly be significantly better off, I don't think a single one of their fans could say this new owner of theirs is of the same ilk and keep a straight face.

It may very well help them back up the leagues; as I said before, this will maybe boost them in the league.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ITV also saying they are billionaires, yet still not seen anything to back this up... where are they getting this, is it just hype/rumour gotten out of hand ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Collis1 said:

More importantly, If £70m is true its very unlikely they will invest any of their own hard earned cash. They will take out loans which will shaft the club in the long run if it doesn't work out.

The glaziers are essentially doing the same thing at man united.

When Man Utd was bought though they had 70k+ stadium and were the world most commercially successful club (and pretty successful on the pitch too) - the debt for them is huge but serviceable. 

Marketing the sags and turning a profit is going to be a ridiculously difficult task....I'm sure the Jordanians are eyeing up a new bigger unit in Kingswood tonight probably next to some Charity shop for the new "Megastore"

I can't get my head around how they see this as a good investment other than through land ownership and or building a new stadium and having it as their asset. 

The football will be a secondary concern loaded with debt. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Charliesboots said:

When Man Utd was bought though they had 70k+ stadium and were the world most commercially successful club (and pretty successful on the pitch too) - the debt for them is huge but serviceable. 

Marketing the sags and turning a profit is going to be a ridiculously difficult task....I'm sure the Jordanians are eyeing up a new bigger unit in Kingswood tonight probably next to some Charity shop for the new "Megastore"

I can't get my head around how they see this as a good investment other than through land ownership and or building a new stadium and having it as their asset. 

The football will be a secondary concern loaded with debt. 

Agree. Thats what makes this so sinister. It seems like financial suicide unless they have a plan.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...