Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

Bristol Rovers Dustbin Thread

1 minute ago, Harry said:

I wonder how The Gap's birthday weekend went. 

Did he stay over in Newcastle? 

He had a sleep over at a mates house on whorefield common. Actually, his mate has no house, as the Gashead stole it, so his mate is on Whorefield common.

5 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Wow that is weird, almost like it was written with absolutely no knowledge of their current position both on and off the pitch.

you answered your own post in there.

'it was written with absolutely no knowledge.........  '  well of course there was no knowledge. how many of them can write???

Was having a read of this old interview with Steve Lansdown: http://www.xtratimewest.co.uk/football-other-sports-rugby/bristol-sport-steve-lansdown-explains-his-vision-revamped-ashton-gate

This quote made me laugh:

Lansdown’s Bristol antecedents are strong. He grew in Tockington and when he first went to watch football it was to stand on the Tote End at Eastville, the home of Bristol Rovers before they moved out of the city for a decade to become tenants at Bath City's Twerton Park ground.
He said: “At that time, my son was six and wanted to go to football. One of my first clients was Des Williams, who was chairman of Bristol City. He gave me a couple of tickets and so I drifted into City.”

Actually forced to watch Rovers initially - thankfully he then saw the light when given the tickets to see us.

Bet a number of Rovers fans imagine "what if" - if they actually had an owner with money...!

50 minutes ago, myol'man said:

I see that the Gaps first driving lesson didn't go too well on Saturday :facepalm:

crash.jpg

But surely the Gap is our friend.

It's what keeps us apart from the Sags!

The Gap should be respected and honoured for what it does for us.

Long live the Gap!

I take very seriously the concerns raised on here about the Hani Al Qadi (Dwane Sports) ownership of BRFC (Wael Al Qadi and his Steve Hamer). But I just DO NOT KOW ANYTHING of the basis for your assertion. Who the devil is supposed to be buying the football club? Or do you think Dwane Sports will abandon BRFC and utelise the charge on the stadium on which their investment/loan is secured. Is this even possible? The people in talks to buy the mem only want to build student flats and will re open talks with UWE  to build and pay for a reduce size ground to rent to Brfc. We need answers now if not we should stage a protests eg  tennis ball on pitch next home game .

Read more:  http://gasheads.org/thread/6863/january-depart#ixzz4x1220RjY

15 minutes ago, Coombsy said:

I take very seriously the concerns raised on here about the Hani Al Qadi (Dwane Sports) ownership of BRFC (Wael Al Qadi and his Steve Hamer). But I just DO NOT KOW ANYTHING of the basis for your assertion. Who the devil is supposed to be buying the football club? Or do you think Dwane Sports will abandon BRFC and utelise the charge on the stadium on which their investment/loan is secured. Is this even possible? The people in talks to buy the mem only want to build student flats and will re open talks with UWE  to build and pay for a reduce size ground to rent to Brfc. We need answers now if not we should stage a protests eg  tennis ball on pitch next home game .

Nah, they'll just bend over and take it like they always have.

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, Coombsy said:

They'll have to do more than throw a tennis ball onto the pitch, in protest.

1 hour ago, Coombsy said:

So they'll sign a deal which gives r*vers a new ground but none of the benefits that come with that? Crack on then!