Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

42nite

Bristol Rovers Dustbin Thread

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Kim_il_sung said:


Typical. Out of the woodwork they all come. You've said absolutely nothing of any note to counter any of my points.

Your new stadium (if it gets built it's still not a given) will be much smaller than ours. That was my point, what relevance does a "freehold arrangement" have?

You will not be able to spend vast amounts of money because of financial fair play. Until (if) you are at UWE, you will not generate the necessarily revenue to do so. The days of clubs being able to do that in the lower leagues are gone.

You are two divisions behind us, and as things stand that status quo will remain. We are 21st and you are 8th, outside the playoff positions. You could make the playoffs, so could about 6 other teams around you.

Your new owner may or not handle the running of your football club well. The English league is a different ball game to Jordon. Nobody will know until he starts running it.

You've been crowing for years and years about how you were soon going to overtake us. It's never happened. When are you going to learn your lesson and actually shut your gobs because all you've ever done is make yourselves look silly.

Bye :)
 

Um, no, you said they'll build it in 'a few years', but the new chairman says they are good to go and are keen to move on it quickly. I don't think most Rover's fans are bothered if it is smaller than trashton, as long as we can look to fill it in the future.The point of freehold is that the new owners are interested in buying the land from UWE, not the previous arrangement (effectively a free lease) - that suggests they are prepared to invest to take the project forward.

Did you not read what I wrote - the new owners want evolution not revolution. That fits with FFP. Looking at what they have said they want sustainable long term growth, not fly-by-night cash-splashing. The new owners will need time to settle. Landsdown seems to run your mob well in L1 and atrociously in the Ch, maybe time will tell on him getting that sorted.

Football league positions are dynamic until May- we may stay in L2 or go up, you may stay in Ch or go down. We are 2 divisions behind you - the last time I checked every single club wants to be as high as possible in the league system, we aren't any different, neither are you.

We've been crowing? you've got a thread here 115pp long. A lot of your mob said we'd be gone forever when we went out of the league, when scamsbury's won etc etc, you seem to crow about us enough. I'm here because I've followed this thread for a long time, and the repeated 'fock the sags, let's hope Wonga backrupt em' style posts, after the 'non-league forever' threads prove a lot of your mob can't shut your gobs either.

By the way I've always been here, I've not crawed out of the woodwork - i'm on my third otib username, it must ran by the tool in your avatar, because the mods seem to ban gasheads for innocuous posts.

Don't say bye, this thread is bread-and-butter for otib....

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, GazSaid said:

Um, no, you said they'll build it in 'a few years', but the new chairman says they are good to go and are keen to move on it quickly. I don't think most Rover's fans are bothered if it is smaller than trashton, as long as we can look to fill it in the future.The point of freehold is that the new owners are interested in buying the land from UWE, not the previous arrangement (effectively a free lease) - that suggests they are prepared to invest to take the project forward.

Did you not read what I wrote - the new owners want evolution not revolution. That fits with FFP. Looking at what they have said they want sustainable long term growth, not fly-by-night cash-splashing. The new owners will need time to settle. Landsdown seems to run your mob well in L1 and atrociously in the Ch, maybe time will tell on him getting that sorted.

Football league positions are dynamic until May- we may stay in L2 or go up, you may stay in Ch or go down. We are 2 divisions behind you - the last time I checked every single club wants to be as high as possible in the league system, we aren't any different, neither are you.

We've been crowing? you've got a thread here 115pp long. A lot of your mob said we'd be gone forever when we went out of the league, when scamsbury's won etc etc, you seem to crow about us enough. I'm here because I've followed this thread for a long time, and the repeated 'fock the sags, let's hope Wonga backrupt em' style posts, after the 'non-league forever' threads prove a lot of your mob can't shut your gobs either.

By the way I've always been here, I've not crawed out of the woodwork - i'm on my third otib username, it must ran by the tool in your avatar, because the mods seem to ban gasheads for innocuous posts.

Don't say bye, this thread is bread-and-butter for otib....

 

 

Gobshites both sides of the divide,my friend....its something we all endure......

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ten minutes of rough said:

Well constructed reply, not. Sounds like you are in a bit of denial here. It must mean they will become a real adversary to us, something to look forward to, unless you actually enjoy having the stigma in Bristol of having a non league outfit that actually does Bristol City FC no favours at all, especially when we are lumped together with them by the less well informed.   As Sweden says this might encourage SL to kick on a bit more, especially with the Bristol Sport ethos, can't see he would want to be considered the poor man of Bristol Sport really.

What do you say Monkeh? Think before you type mind, just for a change. 

 

What stigma?  Thats all on them.  I don't remember Bristol City FC being relegated to the Conference.

Should we also feel stigma because they moved to Bath, or because they stole the rugby ground, or because they are selling a war memorial, or because they intend to leave Bristol again? 

 

Edited by cityloyal473
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, GazSaid said:

the last time I checked every single club wants to be as high as possible in the league system, we aren't any different, neither are you

 

 

Oh sir, we are different, very very different.

Our ambition is like most other clubs, success. Hopefully that one day means the premier league but right now it's great to be back in the Championship. Small steps.

However the only ambition your club has is to finish 1 place ahead of us, even if that is by +1 GD in whatever league, that is as far as your ambitions stretch.

Yesterday I expected to hear fans talking of their joy that they may finally have some decent owners.

Instead all I heard was your lot banging on about how your now the biggest team in Bristol, and that your soon going to overtake us without anything solid to back it up. Pathetic.

But of advice that I hope to requote one day. Never ever ever ever forget where you have come from and be extremely carefull of what you wish for.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Just Red said:

They sold that soul that they are so proud of today.

Does this mean that every club who has ever received investment from someone who wasn't born with a view of the stadium from their bedroom window has "sold their soul"?

Cardiff happily gave up their very identity for a shot at the Premier League and watched their promotion with red scarves slung around their necks in a sold out stadium. They objected in meaningful numbers only when the dream turned sour. That's selling your soul. It's lazy to make the same claim of Rovers.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BCFC Jordan said:

I'm one of those people that love it when the Gas fail but also don't really mind when they have a bit of success. I wanted them to move to UWE (although the 'We've got a new stadium' chant against us in Sep 2013 is always so funny to look back on now) and would love us both to be competing in the top two divisions. For a city our size, it really should be the case.

 

Whether this turns out to be as good as it looks is definitely up for debate. The seedy past Hamer has and also the fact nobody really knows what they're worth definitely should bring about doubts. However, the Al-Qadi guy spoke very sensibly and seemed smart in his interviews. They might not be rich but he can't be much worse than Nick Higgs... can he?

 

Meanwhile...

 

 

wow! that's a face for radio....

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Just Red said:

Instead all I heard was your lot banging on about how your now the biggest team in Bristol, and that your soon going to overtake us without anything solid to back it up. Pathetic.

Totally pathetic. They are just not capable of learning their lesson are they? Agree with this...
 

24 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Does this mean that every club who has ever received investment from someone who wasn't born with a view of the stadium from their bedroom window has "sold their soul"?

Cardiff happily gave up their very identity for a shot at the Premier League and watched their promotion with red scarves slung around their necks in a sold out stadium. They objected in meaningful numbers only when the dream turned sour. That's selling your soul. It's lazy to make the same claim of Rovers.

But I also totally agree with this. They haven't "sold out", they've just got new and exciting investment. Lets not turn into them and become bitter.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kim_il_sung said:


Typical. Out of the woodwork they all come. You've said absolutely nothing of any note to counter any of my points. What exactly have I said that's bollocks? It's all pure fact. Lets look at it again:

Your new stadium (if it gets built it's still not a given) will be much smaller than ours. FACT. That was my point, don't know why your'e blabbering on about a "freehold arrangement" or whatever.

You will not be able to spend vast amounts of money because of financial fair play. Until (if) you are at UWE, you will not generate the necessarily revenue to do so. The days of clubs being able to do that in the lower leagues are gone. FACT.

You are two divisions behind us, and as things stand that status quo will remain. We are 21st and you are 8th, outside the playoff positions. FACT. You could make the playoffs, so could about 6 other teams around you.

Your new owner may or not handle the running of your football club well. The English league is a different ball game to Jordon. Nobody will know until he starts running it. Google him, and youll see his fortune is around 80 million.

You've been crowing for years and years about how you were soon going to overtake us. It's never happened. When are you going to learn your lesson and actually shut your gobs because all you've ever done is make yourselves look silly.

Bye :)
 

Game set and match! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ten minutes of rough said:

Well constructed reply, not. Sounds like you are in a bit of denial here. It must mean they will become a real adversary to us, something to look forward to, unless you actually enjoy having the stigma in Bristol of having a non league outfit that actually does Bristol City FC no favours at all, especially when we are lumped together with them by the less well informed.   As Sweden says this might encourage SL to kick on a bit more, especially with the Bristol Sport ethos, can't see he would want to be considered the poor man of Bristol Sport really.

What do you say Monkeh? Think before you type mind, just for a change. 

 

What stigma would that be then!

Do you not class Manor Farm or Brislington FC as Bristol clubs?

 

If I was you I would forever stay indoors sweetie, wouldn't want to be recognised in the streets whilst our city as several non league clubs, how embarrassing, what would the neighbours think!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seeing Bolton's plight and mindful if our situation back in 82 I do not begrudge any club the chance to gain financial stability and to become more competitive, even it us Rovers.

For all the criticism he gets you have to ask where would we be if not for SL' financial backing?

It is good to know that this move should ensure the continued existence if our neighbours and it's the local rivalry that in part defines the two clubs - the ongoing battle to prove which is the biggest/best/most suceesful/has the wealthiest owner.

 

 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Steve Lansdown needs a good kick up his ass anyway, The sooner the better.

 

11 hours ago, ten minutes of rough said:

Well constructed reply, not. Sounds like you are in a bit of denial here. It must mean they will become a real adversary to us, something to look forward to, unless you actually enjoy having the stigma in Bristol of having a non league outfit that actually does Bristol City FC no favours at all, especially when we are lumped together with them by the less well informed.   As Sweden says this might encourage SL to kick on a bit more, especially with the Bristol Sport ethos, can't see he would want to be considered the poor man of Bristol Sport really.

What do you say Monkeh? Think before you type mind, just for a change. 

 

He is in the middle of building a ground we can all be proud of and has written off almost as much in investment than these Jordanians are worth. In what way does he need a kick up the arse and what else should he be spending his money on? In terms of FFP he can't just go and spend a fortune on players can he?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

 

He is in the middle of building a ground we can all be proud of and has written off almost as much in investment than these Jordanians are worth. In what way does he need a kick up the arse and what else should he be spending his money on? In terms of FFP he can't just go and spend a fortune on players can he?

I don't think anybody is knocking Landsdown for his financial commitment. He's invested more into this club than these new Jordanians ever could - I think its more about the day to day running of the club which has been poor for a number of years (managerial appointments, transfers etc). That needs to improve if we are to stabilize and improve in the Championship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The whole "who's got more money" debate is fairly irrelevant at the levels of wealth we are talking about anyway.

We know Lansdown is a billionaire. For arguments sake let's say the Jordanians are even more wealthy. But what could they realistically achieve with Rovers that Lansdown couldn't afford to do with City?

Lansdown easily has enough money to build a new stadium, improve the training facilities and infrastructure, and make £multi-million bids for players. After that he is tied by financial fair play and a need to run the club in a sustainable manner.

Even if the Jordanians have ten times his wealth, what more could they do? They will encounter the same hurdles. They may now be able to compete with us, but I see no reason why this would enable them to overtake us.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's really telling is that Rovers' fans have mentioned Bristol City as much, if not more, than their new owners since the takeover was announced. Are we the limit of their ambitions?

We should be flattered, but attention from them makes me a little queasy.

I wonder how this will affect their fanbase once the dust has settled on the deal, as well? They will now have to live with the pressure of a club that has money to spend, and that can be as bad as it can be good.

One final thing to any gasheads who are reading this:

I, NOR ANY OTHER CITY FAN I HAVE SPOKEN TO ABOUT THIS, ARE JEALOUS OF YOUR NEW OWNERS. THINK ABOUT OUR OWNERSHIP, WHERE WE ARE WITH OUR STADIUM AND WHAT DIVISION WE ARE IN AND OUR SITUATION GOING FORWARD IS NOT A HYPOTHETICAL ONE.

SORRY IT IS IN BOLD LETTERS, BUT CLEARLY THAT IS A REQUIREMENT TO HELP YOU UNDERSTAND THAT WE ARE NOT JEALOUS OF YOU AND WE DO NOT FEAR YOU AND SOME OF US EVEN  FIND IT FUNNY.

YOURS SINCERELY

THAT GERT JEALOUS 'TED 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, GazSaid said:

Great banter on this thread, also masses of total, total bollocks.

 

Pfft.......I take it you haven't scrawled through the masses of hysteria and comedy gold that is the rovers forums in the last 24 hours

3 hours ago, GazSaid said:

By the way I've always been here, I've not crawed out of the woodwork - i'm on my third otib username, it must ran by the tool in your avatar, because the mods seem to ban gasheads for innocuous posts.

Don't say bye, this thread is bread-and-butter for otib....

 

 

If you've been banned before then you would have no doubt acted the dick or continually broke rules........plenty of sags on here who post regularly and have banter. unlike your forums, we don't just ban people because they support the other team (check out "the sh!t are gutted thread"....sensible comments from city fans, banned for nothing, no doubt there are others)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just what so called investment the new owners will inject is still very much unclear. They don't know, nobody knows how much or how little they are actually going to invest. My feeling is (whatever happens in the court case) is very little will change in the next 6 months to a year. And my gut feeling is the blue few will get frustrated with this and will expect the moon on a stick immediately. It won't happen especially if they say there in it for the long haul. Time will tell. Nothing will change soon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, kivsy said:

bunch of hypocrites !! saying we sold out to lansdown, and the club are his plaything and will get bored and sell us up the swanney,  now its ok for them to take the new investment ? 

 

in lansdown we trust ..............

The gas are the biggest bunch of hyprocrites in English football.

On Thursday night thier fans were on Radio Bristol Twentyman show, complaining about Northampton and that only last season there were struggling money wise and now they are top of the Division due to a new investor and how they thought that was so unfair!

When we were going to build at Ashton Vale saying how they didn't like souless out of town bowl stadiums and trying to take the p1ss by complaining the new stadium would not be in Bristol but in North Somerset and they would be the only club in Bristol when infact it was only an access road to the site would have been in North Somerset oh the ******* irony of it.

Forever complaining that billionaire foriegn  owners  and money  are destroying English football and its so unfair on little old bristol rovers.

They also have no morals, on talksport a woman gas was ask do you care where the money is coming she said "NO" and this after all the sh!t they gave SL because he lives in Gurnsey and they want him to pay more tax. What have thier new owner done to contribute to our society?

 

 

 

  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, GazSaid said:

Um, not much of what you are saying here tallies from what we learned yesterday:

Stadium: the new chairman said that the new stadium opportunity is a cornerstone for buying and one they want to move quickly on. He even said they would prefer a freehold arrangement for the UWE site, rather than the agreement Higgs made for the land to be retained by UWE.

The Owners: Wael Al-Qadi is the new club President (effectively a new role compared to the past non-executive role), it appears he has about £70m. But he is heading up the purchase on behalf of his whole family - the figures aren't clear, but the family fortune appears to be £330m.

2 Divisions to claw back: Seems like before yesterday we were making a reasonable thrust of that. A far cry from when your mod were telling us to we were gone for good in the non-leagues (original title of this thread).

Cannot throw money: In 40 years we have only had one spending spree: in 2001 when we wasted 1/2 million in a month. Were rag-bag because we've never spent (or rag-ass according that thick ***** you had in charge previously).

No idea how to run a football club: The chairman has previous experience, and during every interview he did yesterday spoke factually and honestly with massive insight. The new owners are heavily involved in the Jordanian Football system, which may not be perfect, but they didn't just jump into this. The new president was educated in the UK. They do not want revolution, they want evolution.

Perhaps you might want to actually look at what has happen? most gasheads see this as a fresh start after years of austerity, your mob are still a long way ahead of us. Great banter on this thread, also masses of total, total bollocks.

 

Hahaha is that your major ambition? To be above City... You are the definition of small-time.

The video posted by BCFC Jordan of the lad and his dad (particularly his dad) shows how deluded your fans actually are

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Cotham Brow Red said:

Just what so called investment the new owners will inject is still very much unclear. They don't know, nobody knows how much or how little they are actually going to invest. My feeling is (whatever happens in the court case) is very little will change in the next 6 months to a year. And my gut feeling is the blue few will get frustrated with this and will expect the moon on a stick immediately. It won't happen especially if they say there in it for the long haul. Time will tell. Nothing will change soon. 

I totally agree with this. If you listen to their new owners interview, he was asked of a 5 or 10 year plan. He answered by saying we will take it a day at a time. Sorry but all good businesses have a 5 year plan. I personally think there will be some investment for the Gas, but not stupid amounts like they are dreaming of. I personally hope they get a better stadium. Let's be fair this City deserves it. But like all kids, they get fed up of there toys after a while!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, redfred said:

What's really telling is that Rovers' fans have mentioned Bristol City as much, if not more, than their new owners since the takeover was announced. Are we the limit of their ambitions?

We should be flattered, but attention from them makes me a little queasy.

I wonder how this will affect their fanbase once the dust has settled on the deal, as well? They will now have to live with the pressure of a club that has money to spend, and that can be as bad as it can be good.

One final thing to any gasheads who are reading this:

I, NOR ANY OTHER CITY FAN I HAVE SPOKEN TO ABOUT THIS, ARE JEALOUS OF YOUR NEW OWNERS. THINK ABOUT OUR OWNERSHIP, WHERE WE ARE WITH OUR STADIUM AND WHAT DIVISION WE ARE IN AND OUR SITUATION GOING FORWARD IS NOT A HYPOTHETICAL ONE.

SORRY IT IS IN BOLD LETTERS, BUT CLEARLY THAT IS A REQUIREMENT TO HELP YOU UNDERSTAND THAT WE ARE NOT JEALOUS OF YOU AND WE DO NOT FEAR YOU AND SOME OF US EVEN  FIND IT FUNNY.

YOURS SINCERELY

THAT GERT JEALOUS 'TED 

Toteendtony will understand.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't like hypocrisy , so the main thing that gets me is the complete 180 they have come out with....

Some of the 'digs' they have come out with. Big club , franchise , sugar daddy , just a toy blah blah blah. 

Now what do we have......They are on a level playing field , not with us oh no , with Man City and Chelsea , and I've already seen a post that states that 'the sleeping giant has woken ' !! WTAF !

OK , the family has a lot of money (family money, that may be a reality check right there), they are bankers so not oil rich like Citeh , they are not Rovers fans (and this could be massive). One or two of the family like football, one is a Chelsea fan , so why the Squatters ? I may be cynical but , the stadium will get subsidies , and aid so they build at a discount. The club itself would have been comparatively cheap ( possible ground implosion, court cases , mid table League2 with not massive gates).  Move on 2 years , new ground challenging at the top of L1 and reasonable gates = profit , a bankers dream. I may be wrong , they may be in it for the long haul. But , if as they say SL will pull his money out lose interest in us and we would be finished ( ties with the area , supports the club , building for the future) , how do those same G*s feel now ?? Foreign owners , no ties to the area, only heard of the club last September ? 

To be fair , if I was one of that lot (and thank the Lord I'm not) I would be excited. After the tinpot way they have been run , very excited. But then my first thought wouldn't be local opposition (or should that be obsession) . The evolution thing is the right way to go, but I do think if you don't actually have a love or feeling for a Football club, then for toys you would be better off going to Hamley's.

 I do wonder if they ever get above us whether that would be it as there would be no ambition left to achieve. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, cityloyal473 said:

What stigma?  Thats all on them.  I don't remember Bristol City FC being relegated to the Conference.

Should we also feel stigma because they moved to Bath, or because they stole the rugby ground, or because they are selling a war memorial, or because they intend to leave Bristol again? 

 

I don't remember our fans burning down one of your stands.

The conference didn't do us any harm - regardless of what your mob think, most of us consider it a lesson well learned and we have come back a lot better.

As for the rugby club and the war memorial the facts on those are out there.

 

Edited by GazSaid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

Pfft.......I take it you haven't scrawled through the masses of hysteria and comedy gold that is the rovers forums in the last 24 hours

If you've been banned before then you would have no doubt acted the dick or continually broke rules........plenty of sags on here who post regularly and have banter. unlike your forums, we don't just ban people because they support the other team (check out "the sh!t are gutted thread"....sensible comments from city fans, banned for nothing, no doubt there are others)

No I was banned with no reason - I don't go around gobbing off, no point at all.

Not sure whether it is possible now, but for a long time this forum wouldn't even let you register if you had 'gas' in your username.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cityloyal473 said:

What stigma?  Thats all on them.  I don't remember Bristol City FC being relegated to the Conference.

Should we also feel stigma because they moved to Bath, or because they stole the rugby ground, or because they are selling a war memorial, or because they intend to leave Bristol again? 

 

I considered it a stigma because, and I repeat, to have a non league shambles of a football club that bears the name of Bristol in its title does the fair City of Bristol no good whatsoever. I also said in as many words that some outside Bristol may not differentiate between the two clubs..as in 'Bristol' 

Mind you that idiot Dad of the blogger does no one any favours, truly cringeworthy, I just hope we City fans remain a class above, this knuckle dragging name calling rivalry is embarrassing, is it any wonder how some view us as being thick?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I don't like hypocrisy , so the main thing that gets me is the complete 180 they have come out with....

Some of the 'digs' they have come out with. Big club , franchise , sugar daddy , just a toy blah blah blah. 

Now what do we have......They are on a level playing field , not with us oh no , with Man City and Chelsea , and I've already seen a post that states that 'the sleeping giant has woken ' !! WTAF !

OK , the family has a lot of money (family money, that may be a reality check right there), they are bankers so not oil rich like Citeh , they are not Rovers fans (and this could be massive). One or two of the family like football, one is a Chelsea fan , so why the Squatters ? I may be cynical but , the stadium will get subsidies , and aid so they build at a discount. The club itself would have been comparatively cheap ( possible ground implosion, court cases , mid table League2 with not massive gates).  Move on 2 years , new ground challenging at the top of L1 and reasonable gates = profit , a bankers dream. I may be wrong , they may be in it for the long haul. But , if as they say SL will pull his money out lose interest in us and we would be finished ( ties with the area , supports the club , building for the future) , how do those same G*s feel now ?? Foreign owners , no ties to the area, only heard of the club last September ? 

To be fair , if I was one of that lot (and thank the Lord I'm not) I would be excited. After the tinpot way they have been run , very excited. But then my first thought wouldn't be local opposition (or should that be obsession) . The evolution thing is the right way to go, but I do think if you don't actually have a love or feeling for a Football club, then for toys you would be better off going to Hamley's.

 I do wonder if they ever get above us whether that would be it as there would be no ambition left to achieve. 

This. They are just bitter and obsessed... good bit of fortune shines on them and they are still posting about us.

I'm still laughing at the we are equal to Man City and Chelsea despite the fact the family are worth 330M... Does this mean by Gas logic we are bigger than all 3? ;)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, GazSaid said:

No I was banned with no reason - I don't go around gobbing off, no point at all.

Not sure whether it is possible now, but for a long time this forum wouldn't even let you register if you had 'gas' in your username.

Strange.....the Gasbuster has been on here for years without any problems.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cobbsoldun said:

No...you don't gob off at all do you. Apart from just calling our ground Trashton.  P***k.

did I touch a nerve with that? really? I don't think most posters on here see that as anymore than banter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, redfred said:

I, NOR ANY OTHER CITY FAN I HAVE SPOKEN TO ABOUT THIS, ARE JEALOUS OF YOUR NEW OWNERS. THINK ABOUT OUR OWNERSHIP, WHERE WE ARE WITH OUR STADIUM AND WHAT DIVISION WE ARE IN AND OUR SITUATION GOING FORWARD IS NOT A HYPOTHETICAL ONE.

SORRY IT IS IN BOLD LETTERS, BUT CLEARLY THAT IS A REQUIREMENT TO HELP YOU UNDERSTAND THAT WE ARE NOT JEALOUS OF YOU AND WE DO NOT FEAR YOU AND SOME OF US EVEN  FIND IT FUNNY.

YOURS SINCERELY

THAT GERT JEALOUS 'TED 

You could write that message on an airplane over the Minimal ground, it would still fall on deaf ears. They are utter morons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Cotham Brow Red said:

Just what so called investment the new owners will inject is still very much unclear. They don't know, nobody knows how much or how little they are actually going to invest. My feeling is (whatever happens in the court case) is very little will change in the next 6 months to a year. And my gut feeling is the blue few will get frustrated with this and will expect the moon on a stick immediately. It won't happen especially if they say there in it for the long haul. Time will tell. Nothing will change soon. 

You have to remember they are involved in running a Jordanian bank so have an easy line of credit. I wouldn't be surprised if this was a Glazier-type situation where they pay of Higgs with a loan from their bank so Rovers are still in debt but to the Bank rather than Higgs. Since they run the bank they can appoint themselves to run the club and take out salary/bonus/dividends whenever they like, it would all be completely legit and it's the way Man Utd are run, they acquire the club without having to use their own money. Having seen their interview I don't think they're going to go on a spending spree, more like cut costs so the club is profitable for them. We'll only find out the truth when the first set of accounts are published (assuming they are).

Higgs has raised expectations on their intentions so he can't be blamed for selling out the club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why do people keep saying they are impressed by the new owner's interview?  What did they expect him to say - "I'm an asset striper"? Remember, the Devil is always persuasive - e g Elizabeth Hurley or Peter Cook as the devil in the film Bedazzled. 

image.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Dark Wood Covert said:

This. They are just bitter and obsessed... good bit of fortune shines on them and they are still posting about us.

I'm still laughing at the we are equal to Man City and Chelsea despite the fact the family are worth 330M... Does this mean by Gas logic we are bigger than all 3? ;)

Very true , I have a good mate on FB who has kept his ST at the Rugby ground through the Non League and sticks by them what ever. Now I can talk to him , even though he is obsessed, I can just about stomach his FB posts. It's his mates that get me, the reply's are hypocritical , deluded and bizarre . If we win I enjoy it , if they win, the first line they post will include the word City or the schoolyard 'banter' equivalent. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, GazSaid said:

No I was banned with no reason - I don't go around gobbing off, no point at all.

Not sure whether it is possible now, but for a long time this forum wouldn't even let you register if you had 'gas' in your username.

Gas: any idea what the "amazing heritage" is that your new owner is referring too?  I can't think of anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Why do people keep saying they are impressed by the new owner's interview?  What did they expect him to say - "I'm an asset striper"? Remember, the Devil is always persuasive - e g Elizabeth Hurley or Peter Cook as the devil in the film Bedazzled. 

image.jpeg

How can they asset-strip a club without assets? Or are they after the plastic chairs?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not envious or resentful of the fact that they have sold out to a wealthy owner: it's the way of the world nowadays, and frankly if they hadn't found their sugar daddy then they would likely have struggled on the edge of existence for years. And, whilst I don't want to see them above us, I like the fact that Bristol is one of the few two club City's in the country.

What gets me is the hypocrisy of (some ) of the blue few. For years we've had the jibes about the 'moneybags' club, and yet overnight they have some serial c**k waving over who has the most money. For years it's been unfair on poor old plucky underdogs that some clubs have been able to buy their way to success. And overnight those same people are revelling in how much they are going to be able to spend to reach the dizzy heights of......well, above us anyway. And for years we've heard about their being a proper local club, family run by local people keeping them true to their soul....and now they are owned by a Chelsea fan and Chaired by a failed Swansea man...and loving it. 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, GazSaid said:

No I was banned with no reason 

Yeah, of course you were. I respect the Gasheads like In the Net, Miah and Bert Tann who had broad enough shoulders to post on here throughout Rovers time in Non League (your Sugardaddy won't be able to wipe that from your history by the way). You'll be gone again as soon as you realise that buying your way up the leagues isn't as easy as so many Gasheads seem to think it is.

Dont pretend that Gasheads get banned on here as quickly as they do on your forums though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

so am I right in saying untill they get a cat 2 academy, we can pick up any good prospects for peanuts?

Better still from what I vaguely recall their chances of getting a category 2 academy will be greatly reduced by the fact that there already is one in Bristol. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nibor said:

Better still from what I vaguely recall their chances of getting a category 2 academy will be greatly reduced by the fact that there already is one in Bristol. 

Fantastic, I wonder if Higgs kept that little gem to himself while negotiating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

This is the sort of embarrassing crap that the 15ers are sharing on Facebook at the moment.

bvZNDwe.jpg

 

Trouble is mate, some of them actually believe it. Sat on the bus on the way to work this morning, and listening to 2 bottom dwellers banging on about their new "multi billionaire owner" and how they are now the "6th richest club in the country"

It got too much for me when they were discussing Jose Mourinho still being out of work, I laughed, looked around, and they stared back at me as if I was the ******* idiot

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...