Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

42nite

Bristol Rovers Dustbin Thread

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

So Rovers go one nil down at home playing crap against a struggling team, manage to get an opposition player sent off and the flukey, cheating b******s end up winning 2-1.

Well, what a surprise. Still, there's a first time for everything I guess. :whistle2:

Seriously, who cares.

**** 'em

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Said on radio that he want to change  management then twenty man asked about D Clark he said we here to help him 

 

apparently Clark said not to be happy 

lookout for the fire works

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Clarke didn't seem happy about the new owners.

Complaining that no one had told him and if he's gets sacked he's gets sacked

good way to inpress your new boss I guess 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bowie said:

Clarke didn't seem happy about the new owners.

Complaining that no one had told him and if he's gets sacked he's gets sacked

good way to inpress your new boss I guess 

I might get to like those owners if they sack that *****.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

119 pages on the gas, come on guys, we have a result to talk about.  7400, bottom tier, crap day, against  team with virtually no fans is pretty much what we got when we were there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Coombsy said:

Said on radio that he want to change  management then twenty man asked about D Clark he said we here to help him 

 

apparently Clark said not to be happy 

lookout for the fire works

Maybe a bit like Notts County. Bring in Sven as manager, sign a few players, plan for the Premiership, goes pear shaped. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, S_Y_G said:

119 pages on the gas, come on guys, we have a result to talk about.  7400, bottom tier, crap day, against  team with virtually no fans is pretty much what we got when we were there.

Nice try saggy, when we were in the 4th division we were never taken over by Jordinan billionaires..

But of course a little rain stopped the masses turning up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Maybe a bit like Notts County. Bring in Sven as manager, sign a few players, plan for the Premiership, goes pear shaped. 

You don`t think there`s a chance GJ would go to them do you? Just for the fact that it would probably be the only time a father and son had managed teams in the same city at the same time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

So Rovers go one nil down at home playing crap against a struggling team, manage to get an opposition player sent off and the flukey, cheating b******s end up winning 2-1.

Well, what a surprise. Still, there's a first time for everything I guess. :whistle2:

It was 2-1 before the sending off took place.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, S_Y_G said:

119 pages on the gas, come on guys, we have a result to talk about.  7400, is pretty much what we got when we were there.

The year we had a higher average attendance than the Gas who were in the division above us you mean?

I know Rovers never get above 10k usually but I would've thought today of all days with 'El Presidente' strutting his stuff around the Mem the Blue Few would've actually made a bit of an effort. Where's this amazing fanbase they were talking about yesterday? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I find it telling that if you google Wael al Qadi and Stephen Lansdown, you get lots of links for SL, notably to Forbes rich list, his worth etc, but for al Qadi, nothing except stuff about his father. Obviously the guy is rich, the kind of wealth most of us can only dream about, but I don't believe he's worth anywhere near as much as SL, or what some of the papers have been reporting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bowie said:

Clarke didn't seem happy about the new owners.

Complaining that no one had told him and if he's gets sacked he's gets sacked

good way to inpress your new boss I guess 

This is only going one way 

tits up and not Jordan's 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I had the DAB channel on at kick off before I realised it was going to be the GAS on there, even their summariser (the equivalent of Adam Baker) has bought into the bullshit, saying how they had become one of the richest teams in football overnight! That's ALL football apparently, I kid you not!

Did exactly the same thing and heard what Keith Brookman said.

I just can't believe how deluded they all are.

It can only end in tears.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Just Red said:

The one thing that is bugging me is, every gas head is celebrating, not one, I repeat, not one person has asked this bloke if he actually has any wealth and if he's willing to invest it.

Never look a gift camel in the mouth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, zippycar said:

Did exactly the same thing and heard what Keith Brookman said.

I just can't believe how deluded they all are.

It can only end in tears.

Brookman has always been a bellend.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He referred to them as "Bristol" in his interview with radio Bristol after todays game.  It annoys me when people refer to either us or the gas as "bristol", it shows a complete lack of understanding about football in Bristol.

 

Stop winding him up Dons.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Kim_il_sung said:

You could write that message on an airplane over the Minimal ground, it would still fall on deaf ears. They are utter morons.

That would be silent anyway, would it not?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

7400??? :blink:

******* idiots! They're supposed to wait for the insane Foreign owner to change their kit to red and rename them 'Bristol Buccaneers' before boycotting games.

 

I heard a rumor that it was to be The Jordanian Jokers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stephen Lewis said:

That would be silent anyway, would it not?

You cheeky monkey! :D

LOLZ at the Gash. A day after one of the most exciting announcements in their history and they couldn't even get half of our crowd. Massive fanbase? Huge potential? Not whilst the city are around I'm afraid guys!

Edited by Kim_il_sung
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19 February 2016 at 03:22, GILLI said:

They may build them the new stadium but a massive 'war chest' is worthless with FFP ... And as 3 of the 4 stands won't be needed on match days I can't think their income will be much to sing about ... 

If they build it.... You can fill in the blanks... I do not believe they will be another Darlington. 

On 19 February 2016 at 03:50, Frenchay Red said:

This explains why their recent form has been a bit sheikhy.

Skating on oil

2 hours ago, KingtonRed said:

Wael seems to be a chelsea fan :facepalm:

The guy talked about that in interview yes but said he is a Gas head now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having spent a bit of time reading through this thread, I am truly amazed at how bitter some of you lot come across.

It's disappointing that they now have a chance to kick on but some on here seem so desperate to put them down, that you cling to anything and make yourselves look bitter and petty.  "Oh Lansdown  still has more money" or "be careful what they wish for"

Will it pay off for them? Who knows....but can some of us just stop acting so bitter . It's embarrassing 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Having spent a bit of time reading through this thread, I am truly amazed at how bitter some of you lot come across.

It's disappointing that they now have a chance to kick on but some on here seem so desperate to put them down, that you cling to anything and make yourselves look bitter and petty.  "Oh Lansdown  still has more money" or "be careful what they wish for"

Will it pay off for them? Who knows....but can some of us just stop acting so bitter . It's embarrassing 

 

And according to some we arent your rivals anymore, but those same people seem to have a healthy interest in us

 

Go figure

I have no idea of this will be good or bad for us. We were voing bust under NH,.so cant do much worse with Mr Al-Qadi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Hello said:

And according to some we arent your rivals anymore, but those same people seem to have a healthy interest in us

 

Go figure

I have no idea of this will be good or bad for us. We were voing bust under NH,.so cant do much worse with Mr Al-Qadi

To be fair...as critical as I am of our own fans, some of the deluded comments I've read from some of your lot have been equally embarrassing. 

As you said though. Can't be much worse. He will certainly be able to afford more then Higgs and Co ever could 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pre-season in Amman and a camel ride out into the Wadi Rum with evening al fresco dinner in Petra all sounds a mighty step up from a Nick Higgs Hot Dog and a Wonga loan. Good luck to em I say.

And can we all now start calling them The Black Arabs again... I personally think it sounds great. 

The one thing I hope for?.. that with a little more cash available they might just do a re-design of that rather bland stadium; architecturally speaking I always want to see something built to the best possible form and function.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

To be fair...as critical as I am of our own fans, some of the deluded comments I've read from some of your lot have been equally embarrassing. 

As you said though. Can't be much worse. He will certainly be able to afford more then Higgs and Co ever could 

Oh yeah some of ours have got a bit carried away for sure. The new owner seems far more level headed than what some of our fans are.

You guys look like you might have turned the corner so playing you next season might not be so close as it was a couple of weeks ago.

 

Hopr to see you in the championship in a couple of seasons. Fingers crossed

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Hello said:

Oh yeah some of ours have got a bit carried away for sure. The new owner seems far more level headed than what some of our fans are.

You guys look like you might have turned the corner so playing you next season might not be so close as it was a couple of weeks ago.

 

Hopr to see you in the championship in a couple of seasons. Fingers crossed

Wouldn't say no to that 

The 6 points would be much appreciated ;-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/02/2016 at 16:48, SirColinOfMansfield said:
16 hours ago, View from the Dolman said:
11 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

That old thing on his twitter looks like Rosemary West.

 

Nice shirt she's wearing.

 

 

 

WEST.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was once a young man called Wael who lived in Jordan with his mother and sister whom he loved very much. Wael and his family lived in a very dangerous part of his country that was always in turmoil. However, despite this, he was very fond of football and played with his friends every day.

Years later Wael made his fortune from entirely above board, legitimate business dealings and decided to buy an English football club called Bristol Rovers. Rovers did outstanding with Wael owning the team. After another win, Wael received a phone call from his his mother. Wael answered the phone and put it to his ear in anticipation. His mother spoke, "How could you!? Your sister gets raped almost everyday! Our home is riddled with bullet holes! We can't get clean water! We can't sleep with the constant sound of bullets being fired at night!" She pauses to collect herself. "I WILL NEVER FORGIVE YOU FOR MOVING US TO WHOREFIELD!"

Edited by Sir Colby-Tit
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Hello said:

And according to some we arent your rivals anymore, but those same people seem to have a healthy interest in us

 

Go figure

I have no idea of this will be good or bad for us. We were voing bust under NH,.so cant do much worse with Mr Al-Qadi

You not bothered that they are not football people? Higgs was pretty clueless but no doubt he cared about the club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...