IGNORED

Hull away tickets

MattWSM

Apologies to rain on everyone’s ‘let’s slag off City in every capacity parade’ but this is taken from the actual City website:

The club has been informed blocks N6 and N7 are available first and the remaining blocks will be opened once these have been sold. Please note supporters will be unable to get a refund or transfer tickets to other blocks once they become available.

I imagine more tickets will be released this morning so just relax...

2 hours ago, Robin Goch said:

Apologies to rain on everyone’s ‘let’s slag off City in every capacity parade’ but this is taken from the actual City website:

The club has been informed blocks N6 and N7 are available first and the remaining blocks will be opened once these have been sold. Please note supporters will be unable to get a refund or transfer tickets to other blocks once they become available.

I imagine more tickets will be released this morning so just relax...

People seem to expect club officials to be up late into the night making tickets available for them... 

• Admin
11 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

People seem to expect club officials to be up late into the night making tickets available for them... 

Or the fact there were less than 20 tickets for sale late afternoon yesterday, perhaps someone could have used their initiative and released the next section then?

At worst they could have put a timer release on it

5 minutes ago, phantom said:

Or the fact there were less than 20 tickets for sale late afternoon yesterday, perhaps someone could have used their initiative and released the next section then?

Not even digging the club out that is common sense mate.

23 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Not sure why you’re being so defensive over this mate. I think the guys initial point was that tickets weren’t available for sale last night. Reason being that they sell a block at a time. I’m sure it’s not necessary to have a manual intervention for the next block to go on sale once one block has sold out. His argument was basically why is this just not an automatic feature. 

Regardless of the result last night, if someone wanted to buy a ticket they couldn’t. So would’ve assumed it was sold out and maybe not bothered trying again. 

2 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

This is down to Hull releasing each block at a time. Nothing to do with the ticketing system. 

Not true. They allocated us the full 2,400, it's our decision to release the blocks. The tickets are in our control.

14 minutes ago, phantom said:

9 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

Not even digging the club out that is common sense mate.

Just now, Harry said:

Not sure why you’re being so defensive over this mate. I think the guys initial point was that tickets weren’t available for sale last night. Reason being that they sell a block at a time. I’m sure it’s not necessary to have a manual intervention for the next block to go on sale once one block has sold out. His argument was basically why is this just not an automatic feature. 

Regardless of the result last night, if someone wanted to buy a ticket they couldn’t. So would’ve assumed it was sold out and maybe not bothered trying again. 

I wouldn't waste your time lads. He takes criticism of the club as a personal insult. He'll be constructing a sarcy response that he'll end with "..." as we speak.

• Admin
2 minutes ago, Harry said:

Not sure why you’re being so defensive over this mate. I think the guys initial point was that tickets weren’t available for sale last night.

1 minute ago, BessexRED said:

I wouldn't waste your time lads. He takes criticism of the club as a personal insult. 

I can only assume that he either works for the club or has connections to someone that does

11 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

Not true. They allocated us the full 2,400, it's our decision to release the blocks. The tickets are in our control.

Not true.

"The club has been informed blocks N6 and N7 are available first and the remaining blocks will be opened once these have been sold"

2 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

Not true.

"The club has been informed blocks N6 and N7 are available first and the remaining blocks will be opened once these have been sold"

Yes, opened by the club. The tickets are in our total control, we received a full allocation from Hull City. Norwich do exactly the same but the only difference is that they take unsold away tickets back and put them on sale to home fans as the demand is there.

2 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

Yes, opened by the club. The tickets are in our total control, we received a full allocation from Hull City. Norwich do exactly the same but the only difference is that they take unsold away tickets back and put them on sale to home fans as the demand is there.

They will only be able to 'open' them once they've been given the go ahead by Hull.

Anyway, it's clear we're not going to agree on this as neither of us has any inside knowledge and we're both just interpreting wording on a website, so I'll leave it there! 

4 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

They will only be able to 'open' them once they've been given the go ahead by Hull.

Anyway, it's clear we're not going to agree on this as neither of us has any inside knowledge and we're both just interpreting wording on a website, so I'll leave it there! 

I asked someone in the ticketing office about the Norwich allocation and how they were allocated so I'm presuming it's the same for this one but you may be right. Only issue I had was as Phantom said there were a handful left yesterday afternoon, it didn't take someone to be up responding to a 3am alarm to carry out the herculean task of releasing some tickets on a website as JBFC implied, it just took a bit of planning ahead and initiative. There were a couple in a group chat I'm in that were hot on it last night but having second thoughts after sleeping on it, I hope they still come.

1 hour ago, phantom said:

It's not up to the club to release tickets, the latest statement on sales seems to state that it's Hull who release the sections. 

1 hour ago, BessexRED said:

I wouldn't waste your time lads. He takes criticism of the club as a personal insult. He'll be constructing a sarcy response that he'll end with "..." as we speak.

It's not our decision to release the blocks, it's Hulls, look at the latest page on the club website. 

And I don't take any criticism of the club as a personal insult, that's rubbish. It's when people criticise the club for something they have no say in that I don't understand. 

1 hour ago, phantom said:

I can only assume that he either works for the club or has connections to someone that does

Don't work for the club, and the only person I know who has connections with them wouldn't care less about something like this. 

Can't understand @BessexRED's point about people deciding to go last night but now not wanting to. Either staying overnight in Hull or getting up before 5am in order to get up there, spending well over 50 quid for both options, isn't something you would do off the cuff...

2 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Can't understand @BessexRED's point about people deciding to go last night but now not wanting to. Either staying overnight in Hull or getting up before 5am in order to get up there, spending well over 50 quid for both options, isn't something you would do off the cuff...

You said this last night and I thought that's complete nonsense but let it slide, you've said it again so I'll comment.

Below is an image of my train booking for funnily enough, Hull away last year. If you take a look, the booking took place on the 24th November, the day before the game.

Spontaneous decisions happen all the time in regards to football matches, we decided to go after a few drinks in the pub that night. Didn't look too wise at 2-0 after 70 when stood in the away end freezing to death, 20 minutes later and things changed though.

That was just £60 on the train, the whole day cost an absolute bomb but it happens believe it or not. 

image.png.f7ff8466a96b6a6911e890112be03c74.png

59 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

It's not up to the club to release tickets, the latest statement on sales seems to state that it's Hull who release the sections. 

It's not our decision to release the blocks, it's Hulls, look at the latest page on the club website. 

And I don't take any criticism of the club as a personal insult, that's rubbish. It's when people criticise the club for something they have no say in that I don't understand. 

Don't work for the club, and the only person I know who has connections with them wouldn't care less about something like this. 

How do you know what people would do off the cuff?, I’ve gone to loads of away games last minute, bit presumptuous of you.

25 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

Hull don't do concessions. 

Even more bizarre than that is they don’t let under 14’s in without an adult..! 

When I think back to how I started watching football, my dad (who wasn’t into it that much, after taking me to my first seasons games to get me into it) used to drop me to Winterstoke Road when I was 10/11 yrs old and I used to go in alone. 

With policy added to the lack of concession prices, they are hardly attracting the next generation of fans..! 

10 minutes ago, glen humphries said:

How do you know what people would do off the cuff?, I’ve gone to loads of away games last minute, bit presumptuous of you.

I reckon the majority of people don't have 100 quid plus in order to spend on an off the cuff decision. 

To think otherwise is more presumptuous... 

Archived