IGNORED

Hull away tickets

MattWSM

16 minutes ago, Super said:

Plenty of time for some sightseeing!

Like we had at Millwall yesterday when CATS delivered us there at 5,30pm. Still...better than missing the first half I guess. You never know with the traffic...

39 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Jesus Effing Christ, that is for the truly hardcore City fans, I was hoping it might have at least been 6.30am.

I don't suppose you see posts like Kev's on the forums of yer Newcastles, yer Sunderlands, yer Portsmouths/Plymouths/Leeds's/most clubs around the margins with serious away support. 

Most City fans like their away days to be as convenient as possible, consuming as little of their day as possible  (so as to save time for the things closest to their hearts: getting a beverage/nipping to the bog/beating the traffic/looking at their phone, being in Bristol not the north of England or the Midlands, etc) and preferably somewhere like Reading, Coventry or Fulham. 

Whereas yer Northerner revels in the self-flagellation the suffering, the pain, the dedication, involved in following Newcastle, Sunderland etc and will watch in the away end down south, midweek, in January, minus his shirt and vest, just so we all know how much he is prepared to endure to see his team (unlike us whining southern types, wanting to park in Ashton Road and be in our car to hear @Never to the dark side and @Curr Avon giving their twentypence worth on radio local) having got up half an hour before we went to bed to travel to the game.

Northern fans know that football is about pain, endurance, suffering, dedication, showing off (how loyal they are, compared to us), doing the miles, being there, and being seen to be there, all this, and early starts; City fans appear to believe it is some sort of consumer transaction with all the rights and entitlements that entails. And that, most curiously, something to be enjoyed.

Comfortable, convenient and enjoyable - anything much outside of this and yer Bristol football fan is having to work/got a bus to catch/can't afford it, mate/watching 6 nations/finding a stream/demanding a beam-back/pursuing a variety of alternative leisure pursuits.

1 hour ago, reddogkev said:

I'll try to go if Derby don't win this evening.  

Don't do it, Kev. Don't even think it! It's bloody miles. Hours on them hideous motorways. Up north. All that way to see Marlon half asleep, and Big Fam missing a sitter. And remember: Lansdown doesn't really want to go up. Never worth it.

7 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

I don't suppose you see posts like Kev's on the forums of yer Newcastles, yer Sunderlands, yer Portsmouths/Plymouths/Leeds's/most clubs around the margins with serious away support. 

Most City fans like their away days to be as convenient as possible, consuming as little of their day as possible  (so as to save time for the things closest to their hearts: getting a beverage/nipping to the bog/beating the traffic/looking at their phone, being in Bristol not the north of England or the Midlands, etc) and preferably somewhere like Reading, Coventry or Fulham. 

Whereas yer Northerner revels in the self-flagellation the suffering, the pain, the dedication, involved in following Newcastle, Sunderland etc and will watch in the away end down south, midweek, in January, minus his shirt and vest, just so we all know how much he is prepared to endure to see his team (unlike us whining southern types, wanting to park in Ashton Road and be in our car to hear @Never to the dark side and @Curr Avon giving their twentypence worth on radio local) having got up half an hour before we went to bed to travel to the game.

Northern fans know that football is about pain, endurance, suffering, dedication, showing off (how loyal they are, compared to us), doing the miles, being there, and being seen to be there, all this, and early starts; City fans appear to believe it is some sort of consumer transaction with all the rights and entitlements that entails. And that, most curiously, something to be enjoyed.

Comfortable, convenient and enjoyable - anything much outside of this and yer Bristol football fan is having to work/got a bus to catch/can't afford it, mate/watching 6 nations/finding a stream/demanding a beam-back/pursuing a variety of alternative leisure pursuits.

Don't do it, Kev. Don't even think it! It's bloody miles. Hours on them hideous motorways. Up north. All that way to see Marlon half asleep, and Big Fam missing a sitter. And remember: Lansdown doesn't really want to go up. Never worth it.

Having worked in the North for a while, there is defo a degree of truth in your post. What amazed me is how “the pain” is handed down through the generations as almost a given ritual in the family...

A lot of them live and die football up North!

15 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

Great post, made I laugh! ??

12 minutes ago, GasDestroyer said:

Having worked in the North for a while, there is defo a degree of truth in your post. What amazed me is how “the pain” is handed down through the generations as almost a given ritual in the family...

A lot of them live and die football up North!

Great point. It's about tradition, too. Doing what those that went before you did (we do this too, tbf: our dadS,   grandfers, and great grandfers all had a regler moan down the City ground; nipped out just before half-time for a piss; left before the end; called for the manager's head; and didn't go away much) and doing what you are known for around the country, and what gets you national media attention and admiration (particularly when their team is sh1te). A bit like in Ulster, blokes keep doing (marching, hating, killing, whistling) what their kin did before them, and so it goes on. To stop would be to dishonour those that went before. Let them down. Not happening.

11 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

And @reddogkev we ain’t leaving that early. And have at least 1 free seat. £10 to CHSW is your only cost!

Let me know if you’re interested!

Don't do it, Kev. Don't be tempted. There's grass to cut, mate. Fences to paint. Things to do. Snooker on the telly. Pubs to go to. Garden centres to amble around. 

Stay home and follow it on here mate.

1 hour ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

And @reddogkev we ain’t leaving that early. And have at least 1 free seat. £10 to CHSW is your only cost!

Let me know if you’re interested!

Good man, I'll think about it tomorrow morning, if City get handed a favour this evening, that is.

1 hour ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

Don't do it, Kev. Don't be tempted. There's grass to cut, mate. Fences to paint. Things to do. Snooker on the telly. Pubs to go to. Garden centres to amble around. 

Ah, but the temptation is there, I just don't want to miss what might happen - something special, a moment of pleasure, if you will.

1 hour ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

Ha. That’s what I’m told. I leave the lawn mower and paint brush out as I leave.......

After all that’s Middlesbrough, Sheffield, Millwall and Hull in what, 4 weeks?

And while I’m away @Rudolf Hucker comes round and pushes the vacuum around too!

Never mind result tonight. We’re going. Come what may. But my money is on a Swansea win tonight, Aden ******* it up and blaming all around him at Rotherham and Frank and his boys imploding as the song thrush sings in Birmingham.

And I’m still saying we’ll win it in the 97th minute.

Deep corner from Jay. Deep as in over hit. To near to the opposite corner flag. We’re all groaning......

But wait. This time it’s Marlon. He’s dead on his feet. But he puts in one final last spurt. He gets to the ball....

He does what he’s done all game. Lay it off sideways. The whistle is in the ref’s mouth.....

Max has also come up. One last push..... The veins on his neck are visible.... He launches it in.... The ref’s cheeks are filling up..... He’s going to blow......

And there like a ******* salmon is The Man From Senegal. He’s in the air. Twisting and turning. He’s trying a final bicycle kick like only he can.....

******* hell. He’s only ****** it up. It’s off his knee...... Couldn’t trap a bag of cement.....

But wait. It might well be off his knee but it’s heading - no trickling - towards the goal line....

The Snake is dancing in front of the Hull keeper...... It’s only trickled over the line......

Euphoria on Humberside.... Lansdown Snr, Lansdown Jnr and Baby Lansdown are on the pitch. Delighted, they shout the drinks are on us......

Two words. 

Be there. This might - just might - be history in the making. 

It’s what it’s all about. Even when Max was adjudged to have pulled Gregory down last night the outcome was never in doubt.

Was it! ?

3 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

Ha. That’s what I’m told. I leave the lawn mower and paint brush out as I leave.......

After all that’s Middlesbrough, Sheffield, Millwall and Hull in what, 4 weeks?

And while I’m away @Rudolf Hucker comes round and pushes the vacuum around too!

Never mind result tonight. We’re going. Come what may. But my money is on a Swansea win tonight, Aden ******* it up and blaming all around him at Rotherham and Frank and his boys imploding as the song thrush sings in Birmingham.

And I’m still saying we’ll win it in the 97th minute.

Deep corner from Jay. Deep as in over hit. To near to the opposite corner flag. We’re all groaning......

But wait. This time it’s Marlon. He’s dead on his feet. But he puts in one final last spurt. He gets to the ball....

He does what he’s done all game. Lay it off sideways. The whistle is in the ref’s mouth.....

Max has also come up. One last push..... The veins on his neck are visible.... He launches it in.... The ref’s cheeks are filling up..... He’s going to blow......

And there like a ******* salmon is The Man From Senegal. He’s in the air. Twisting and turning. He’s trying a final bicycle kick like only he can.....

******* hell. He’s only ****** it up. It’s off his knee...... Couldn’t trap a bag of cement.....

But wait. It might well be off his knee but it’s heading - no trickling - towards the goal line....

The Snake is dancing in front of the Hull keeper...... It’s only trickled over the line......

Euphoria on Humberside.... Lansdown Snr, Lansdown Jnr and Baby Lansdown are on the pitch. Delighted, they shout the drinks are on us......

Two words. 

Be there. This might - just might - be history in the making. 

It’s what it’s all about. Even when Max was adjudged to have pulled Gregory down last night the outcome was never in doubt.

Was it! ?

I'll have some of what ever you're on! ?

On 24/04/2019 at 17:00, MattWSM said:

Not followed City as much for a few years now but just bought my Hull ticket, already got my Derby ticket, got my Season ticket for next year and thinking about Millwall - seems a long way on a Tuesday. Where is the best place to stay over?

Anybody going to Florida? :)

I’ll be there in Tampa!

2 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

N6 is greyed out for me mate.

Had to refresh several times and it became available. Think people might have them in their basket, so they go back on sale if the transaction is not complete in a certain amount of time?

Just now, Old Rascal said:

Had to refresh several times and it became available. Think people might have them in their basket, so they go back on sale if the transaction is not complete in a certain amount of time?

20 minutes I believe yeah. I’ll keep an eye out then, cheers for that.

Archived