IGNORED

Squad Age Profile

And Its Smith

1 hour ago, RedDave said:

Don’t know how many will find this interesting but thought I’d share. Graph plots players age v minutes played this season

1924E551-C07A-4E38-BD74-481D3F6B099D.png

It’s interesting that we have a core of players about to come into their prime. 

There can be no more excuses of us being a ‘ young ‘ side meaning ‘ inexperienced ‘ .

One fact I noted is that Morrell, Walsh and Palmer are all similar in age. Thus those on a separate thread saying we should get rid of Joe, are perhaps being too hasty. The biggest drawback for both is that they are of similar build and style of play, which could mean only one in the side at a time. Although that could be a benefit to the club to have an immediate replacement for form and injury.

Size is similar to Bannan so should not he a problem if good enough.

I was having the age/experience conversation with someone last week. 

We’ve heard LJ say on so many occasions this season “we’re a young group” or “this is a young team, learning” etc. 

Whilst this was true 2 seasons ago, this chart clearly shows that 7 of our most regular 11 are 26 or over. 

That IS NOT a “young group”. I don’t like it when LJ says this. 

1 hour ago, richwwtk said:

Joe Bryan hasn't played more minutes than Joe Morrell for us this season. I'm fairly sure of that. Interesting chart though, certainly shows that we are a team about to come into it's prime over the next couple of years.

It is just league games. Bryan played 90 mins and Morrell 37 I think 

Archived