IGNORED

Are Boro favourites for sixth?

Kid in the Riot

My take for what it's worth (not much, i grant you) is

Boro & Derby = 50/50 ish who makes it. (I have this hunch Boro  win, and Derby only to draw, so Boro for me)

City = big outsiders , can't see two clubs throwing their chance away.

9 hours ago, Roe said:

Not sure that logic holds up.  What if they were playing Barcelona?

But they're not they're play WBA who are already assured a play off place and will most probably want to rest key players and not risk injury.

I know you'll say they'll want to finish 3rd to avoid Villa but I'm not sure they'll worry too much who they play.

On paper Borough have the easiest game but we all know this league. Had we beaten Reading or Birmingham we would be favourites.

11 minutes ago, CHIPLEY RED said:

But they're not they're play WBA who are already assured a play off place and will most probably want to rest key players and not risk injury.

I know you'll say they'll want to finish 3rd to avoid Villa but I'm not sure they'll worry too much who they play.

On paper Borough have the easiest game but we all know this league. Had we beaten Reading or Birmingham we would be favourites.

New EFL rule says clubs have to play- injuries or suspensions notwithstanding I assume- 10 players who started in the previous game.

How seriously the WBA players e.g. would be taking it is a different matter, but mass rotation isn't an option now it seems.

The policy states: “For any league match played on or after the fourth Thursday in March, any team sheet for a league game should include at least 10 outfield players who featured on the team sheet for the league match before.”

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

New EFL rule says clubs have to play- injuries or suspensions notwithstanding I assume- 10 players who started in the previous game.

How seriously the WBA players e.g. would be taking it is a different matter, but mass rotation isn't an option now it seems.

Your post above quotes the EFL as saying ‘after the 4th Thursday in March, a club’s team sheet must include at least 10 outfield players who played in the previous game’ - how can anyone start with more than the 10?! “At least” seems a bit confusing, so basically they are saying a club can only change the ‘keeper? Really? So we’ve broken that rule already? Or does it refer to the whole squad? If so, changes can be made and players can be rested ...either way, that rule’s wording is confusing as you’ve presented it ...

13 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Your post above quotes the EFL as saying ‘after the 4th Thursday in March, a club’s team sheet must include at least 10 outfield players who played in the previous game’ - how can anyone start with more than the 10?! “At least” seems a bit confusing, so basically they are saying a club can only change the ‘keeper? Really? So we’ve broken that rule already? Or does it refer to the whole squad? If so, changes can be made and players can be rested ...either way, that rule’s wording is confusing as you’ve presented it ...

Presumably it includes the subs as well

12 hours ago, Roe said:

Presumably it includes the subs as well

Yes it includes subs so the starting 11 may be very different and injured plyers are exempt so anyone with a minor niggle, in the position WBA, Leeds & Villa are in, would sensibly not be available.

Anyway all we have to do on Sunday is win and hope results go our way - we are the outsiders and I don't think anyone can argue with that.

Remember the last time we wanted Rotherham to do us a favour? Weren't they 1-0 up at home to 10 men of Villa and still lost!

I reckon Boro will give them a hiding regardless of their manager.

16 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

EFL wrote it so their wording bound to be confusing... ?

That is how it was written I believe though- Chipley Red seems to explain it.

17 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

At least 10 from the team sheet.

So including substitutes.

Archived