IGNORED

PFA team of the Year

Super

Jamal Lewis and Max Aarons both from their academy. Imagine how pleasing that is for Norwich fans. 

Grealish hasn't been outstanding this season though has he? I know he's a great player for this level and has done well recently, but team of the season? Not for me. Benrahma/Lolley over him personally.

10 minutes ago, Coppello said:

The PFA team is selected by fellow professionals so it's quite hard to argue that it should be different. I'm not sure any posters on here have played against 23 other Championship teams this season!

I disagree with your viewpoint. How many times has one player seen another? Twice when they’ve come up against them but how many more?  I’ve seen Kelvin Phillips at least ten times this season.

49 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Jamal Lewis and Max Aarons both from their academy. Imagine how pleasing that is for Norwich fans. 

Grealish hasn't been outstanding this season though has he? I know he's a great player for this level and has done well recently, but team of the season? Not for me. Benrahma/Lolley over him personally.

Injured for half the season.

i think their form since he returned is WWWWWWWWWW. 

52 minutes ago, Olé said:

I'm confused. What was the team announced 3 weeks ago that caused Leeds fans to go into another of their daily meltdowns, that did not include Hernandez? 

Answering my own question. I've lost track, which of the two teams are we supposed to care about?

395449992_Screenshot2019-04-24at16_44_39.thumb.png.2454f5a3325ffff1a80b35f37019c228.png

45 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

What nonsense. Why don't they ever pick a proper 11 with players in right positions. The reality is this team would be rubbish with all those attacking players. So it's actually a crap team.

None of these "End of Season" things make much sense.

For example the recent EFL Awards, held at the beginning of April, named Ruben Neves' wonder-strike v Derby "Goal of the Year". Of the Year. Not of the season, not the calendar year, it has basically been declared the best goal scored in the EFL since the 2018 awards night. Now, it's undoubtedly a fantastic goal...but why pick an arbitrary 12 month period? Just have your awards handed out once a season has finished rather than with 10 matches left to play!

They manage this quite well with the monthly awards, which generally get announced in the first week of the following month.

4 minutes ago, Olé said:

Answering my own question. I've lost track, which of the two teams are we supposed to care about?

395449992_Screenshot2019-04-24at16_44_39.thumb.png.2454f5a3325ffff1a80b35f37019c228.png

The first one is the EFL team - chosen by the League (presumably some sort of panel). Basically an award handed out by the organising entity.

The one the OP posted is the PFA team - so that one is voted for by the players (and maybe managers).

I guess it's the difference between getting given employee of the month by your boss and getting voted employee of the month by your colleagues. Personally I'd say the PFA one is more prestigious.

31 minutes ago, RedDave said:

I disagree with your viewpoint. How many times has one player seen another? Twice when they’ve come up against them but how many more?  I’ve seen Kelvin Phillips at least ten times this season.

Where Dave, live or tv ?, genuine question.by the way, but of the former, then there's no reason why a pro couldn't have done the same thing.

3 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

Where Dave, live or tv ?, genuine question.by the way, but of the former, then there's no reason why a pro couldn't have done the same thing.

Seen him twice against us and then their other games on Sky. I agree there is no reason why I pro couldn’t do the same thing but to say that a pro has more of an idea if a player has had a good season isn’t necessarily true 

Of course I actually prefer this one from whoscored.com.

1. It's 442

2. It's based on objective stats so no big club bias

3. It includes every game of the season rather than being decided in March with 25% of the season left to play

4. I don't know, there's just something about the players picked that I just find comforting

Screenshot_20190424-105619.png

40 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Seen him twice against us and then their other games on Sky. I agree there is no reason why I pro couldn’t do the same thing but to say that a pro has more of an idea if a player has had a good season isn’t necessarily true 

Well, I get what you're saying, but surely the average pro understands what it takes to be a good player at his level more than an ordinary fan ? Additionally, they may be influenced by reports from former team mates now at other clubs in the same division, plus detailed briefings from their managers and coaches about the performances of players they will have been to watch which fans won't have been privy to.

All in all I would say a pro is better placed, and it is quite an accolade when your peers do the honours.

Just my opinion and I appreciate others will see it differently.

16 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

Well, I get what you're saying, but surely the average pro understands what it takes to be a good player at his level more than an ordinary fan ? Additionally, they may be influenced by reports from former team mates now at other clubs in the same division, plus detailed briefings from their managers and coaches about the performances of players they will have been to watch which fans won't have been privy to.

All in all I would say a pro is better placed, and it is quite an accolade when your peers do the honours.

Just my opinion and I appreciate others will see it differently.

Think it doesn’t work to generalise. Look at the pundits across all media. Paul Merson at one end with the nonsense he talks and Gary Neville at the other, a pundit who is genuinely insightful. They are all ex players and I think most could easily rank them from best to worst as the clear gap in some of their knowledge is very poor. 

Some players will be well placed to judge and will watch a lot and listen a lot. Others won’t watch any games and won’t be interested 

1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

All emotion should be removed from every decision ever made. Cold hard logic and analysis is the only metric that should be used to decide things. The Vulcans had it right.

But Pukki should be in it based on cold hard logic.

6 hours ago, RedDave said:

Ten times? On TV? You can’t judge a player on TV - I completely changed my opinion of Patrick Vieira after I saw him play ‘live’ - you cannot see the off the ball movement etc when you just watch players on television - you seemingly base your opinions of Bristol City players after watching all the games on a small screen too...

6 hours ago, Ashton98 said:

Surely Reece James has too me in it as well? 

Possibly suffered from playing RB and CM this season.  Against us he was arguably motm in both games playing those two positions.

6 hours ago, RedDave said:

How many times you seen his brother - Kalvin, though? ?  he’s much better!

Archived